Old 09-26-2007, 12:38 PM   #31  
Lovin' Life

S/C/G: 300/too much/155

Afternoon

Aud~Sorry to hear about dh, not being so "d" ...you could replace the dear with another, think dhdh Regardless, I hope everything smooths itself out.

I made it thru last night :whew: I was wanting chocolate and peanut butter sooooooo bad!! Even had myself talked into it being ok. So I went and got dh and told him to tell my I didnt need any sugar. Then I told him to tell me with more force That worked!! I made it thru the night

Im alright today! Im heading over to a place with friends later to put together meals for the month. They usually have huge home baked cookies. So Im going to tell the girls to make sure I dont eat any of them! I should be good.

Im not quite in the right mind set yet, but Im getting there.........outside help is a wonderful thing.

Have a great day ladies!
RobinW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2007, 01:53 PM   #32  
Cindy

Height: 5' 8"

OMG! I just had a Bryers low-carb ice cream bar. YUM!
cldwv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2007, 03:36 PM   #33  
Mrs. Determined

S/C/G: 243/ /150

Hi cldwv--

I just read your myspace, and boy do we have lot in common music wise, all or most of the groups you mentioned I have see and love listening too.
Even met REM after a concert too, as they were leaving we called the lead singer came over to our car. We called him Mike and corrected us and said Michael!
He gave us an autograph and told him how much we loved the concert and he was on his way. No camera to take a picture. Also came within touching distance of U2. After their concert in the early 80's I went with some friends to a local club, who happened to show up but the group! They were hanging out and checking out the club. No one bothered them or anything, like it was normal.

Ahhh. . .so many memories and so many concerts!!
FitinTime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2007, 04:47 PM   #34  
Cindy

Quote:
Originally Posted by FitinTime View Post
Hi cldwv--He gave us an autograph and told him how much we loved the concert and he was on his way. No camera to take a picture.
I didn't have a camera either but I did get autographs. I was about 16 when I met them. Peter Buck asked me to turn around so he could use my back as a hard surface to write on. He wrote, "To Cindy, on her back." When my dad saw that, he flipped out! I still have that concert poster.

I'm current obession is Davey Havok; has been for years. Met him a few times.

I named my treadmill Davey so we could spend quality time together every day. My friend said, "Funny! You getting on Davey. I love fantasy role playing :-)" Hey, I say, what ever works.
Old 09-26-2007, 04:57 PM   #35  
Mrs. Determined

It was so much easier then to get up close and personal with them, then it is now, wasn't it!

If I would have been a little more agressive, who knows what would have happened! LOL!!!
Old 09-26-2007, 05:18 PM   #36  
Cindy

Quote:
Originally Posted by FitinTime View Post
It was so much easier then to get up close and personal with them, then it is now, wasn't it!
Depends. I'm a really good stalker.

This summer I managed to get a room on the same floor, right next door to a couple members of my favorite band. As you can imagine, I spent a lot of time in the hall and in the lobby. I know I'm a dork but I don't care.

To get somewhat back on topic, talk about THIN! Those guys are soooo thin. They are all vegans. I guess that's the way to go. Last week when I met Davey again, I should have given him a big fat Atkins kiss. The smell of the meat may have done him in.
Old 09-26-2007, 05:41 PM   #37  
Mrs. Determined

Quote:
Originally Posted by cldwv View Post
To get somewhat back on topic, talk about THIN! Those guys are soooo thin. They are all vegans. I guess that's the way to go. Last week when I met Davey again, I should have given him a big fat Atkins kiss. The smell of the meat may have done him in.
LOL! Or maybe he would have gotten a taste for meat and ditched the vegan wagon.

Reminds me of Morrisey with his, "Meat is Murder" chant. I still like him anyway! I saw him too in concert!!! Love!

Last edited by FitinTime; 09-26-2007 at 05:42 PM.
Old 09-26-2007, 09:51 PM   #38  
Cindy

I was lucky enough to see the Smiths once too! Ahhh, the good old days.
Old 09-26-2007, 09:51 PM   #39  
Low Carb Lolita

S/C/G: 185/see ticker/135

Height: 5'7"

Aud, I'm so sorry things are crappy with the DH at the moment I heard on the news about a Ford Motors strike being over and I instantly thought of you!! I was like: "that must be Aud's strike! She gets to go back to work!"

If you don't feel guilty about eating "the world" last night, I won't feel guilty about eating the world tonight. I feel sick. I let myself get starving out and about and instead of good choices, I made VERY bad choices... Two doughnuts, three Taco Bell tacos and HALF a BAG of Mint Creme Double Stuff Oreos...

That's probably about 3200 calories I had tonight (~ 3900 for the whole day)...UGH. Plus a gazillion carbs. It's back to square one tomorrow...I'm trying really hard not to just scream.

On the bright side? I was talking about hitting the gym tonight and my friend, Rob, on campus said that if I wanted a gym buddy, he'd be it. He's going to at least be doing lifting and HIIT with me on M/W/F and he's even thinking about Cardio Kickboxing with me Tues/Thurs! I know I'll make it to the kickboxing classes, 'cause I love 'em. But having him motivate me to get to the gym for weights and HIIT will help me out a lot--plus he'll be my "protector" on the guy's side of the gym

So...today wasn't a total loss in that sense. I think I'm going to take a week off from weighing--take one of my "freebie" weekends in TBL Challenge and just focus on getting back to Induction-standards. Binging's always been a problem of mine--and unfortunately binge foods for me = carb/sugar-filled foods. So, I'm going to get back to basics, skip out on weighing for the week and let my body settle back down. Rob and I start working out next Monday--so I'm going to spend some time drawing up workout plans for us and planning my meals!

Love you girls!
Azure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2007, 10:53 PM   #40  
Mrs. Determined

Quote:
Originally Posted by cldwv View Post
I was lucky enough to see the Smiths once too! Ahhh, the good old days.
I saw them too!

Hey Girls I'm sorry you're feeling low, and things are kind of going yucky. But you two have that special umff, that you can get back up from this and just kick some butt!
We're human and things happen that sometimes we have no control over, but we're all worth the work we put into ourselves.
And soon, we're going to get back in the zone and get er done!

Chin up Ladies, tomorrow is another day, a new dawn!!
Love!!
Old 09-27-2007, 12:04 AM   #41  
Low Carb Lolita

S/C/G: 185/see ticker/135

Height: 5'7"

Thank you, Diana. I needed that!
Azure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2007, 05:13 AM   #42  
aud
lc lifestyle

S/C/G: 254/234/139

Height: 5'6"

I ate the UNIVERSE.
aud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2007, 06:18 AM   #43  
ann

S/C/G: 179/179/140

Height: 5'4"

Hi there Ladies
Happy Thursday
Thanks for the welcome.
I have lost 5 lbs of water I think. I was on another diet and Just weighed this morning and finally the scale moved. Anyway starting low carb for type 2 diabetes and better blood sugar control.
Well better get busy, I have company coming today.
Have a good one,
Ann

Last edited by shrl; 09-27-2007 at 06:19 AM.
shrl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2007, 08:12 AM   #44  
Cindy

One small step...

I made homemade mac and cheese for my daughter last night. I put sort of a garlic/alfredo spin on it. It smelled so good! Didn't sneak a bite, didn't even want any! I think the carbs must be out of my system because I'm not really craving them that much.
Old 09-27-2007, 08:17 AM   #45  
Cindy

Quote:
Originally Posted by shrl View Post
Hi there Ladies
Happy Thursday
Thanks for the welcome.
I have lost 5 lbs of water I think. I was on another diet and Just weighed this morning and finally the scale moved. Anyway starting low carb for type 2 diabetes and better blood sugar control.
Well better get busy, I have company coming today.
Have a good one,
Ann
Doesn't it feel great when the scale moves - in the right direction? Way to go shrl!!

I weighed myself for the first time last Sunday (home scale). It said 190. Ok, I can deal with that, I told myself. Got on that same scale Monday morning. 200!!!! WTF (please excuse me for that one but that's the only response that came to mind at the time.) Monday afternoon, I decide to go down to the gym at work and get on the "professional" scale and it said 204. So, in about 34 hours time, I went from 190 to 204. I'm a glutton for punishment.

I decided then I'm only going to weigh on Mondays and I'm going to do it on the gym scale. Might as well be honest with myself, right? No more denial for me girls.