Old 09-12-2007, 02:12 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 151/151/130... was 190's in 06

Height: 5'4"

Default Please Help......

Hey there girls! I have been doing low carb for the past month and I have been stuck in the low 150's for about 2-3 weeks. I was curious if anybody has any suggestions to get that scale moving again. I don't know if I am not eating right or not. I am also curious if exercise might be the problem. This is what I did today:

3 deviled eggs
meatballs (5) w/ alfredo sauce
taco bell side of meat (ground beef), lettuce and cheese
sugar free chocolate pudding
shrimp cooked with green beans and fresh mushrooms
sugar free sheilas - mock pumpkin cheesecake (only ate about half)
(1/2 cup pumpkin, 3oz cream cheese, 1 packet splenda and dash of cinammon)

Total water: 85-90 ounces

My normal day may have just one sugar free treat (pudding, ice cream, chocolate candy) and I usually eat a subway salad for lunch.

Exercise:
Today - 30 minutes kickboxing cardio and 100 crunches

Most days at least 30 minutes cardio and 100 crunches

I NEED help!! Is there a place where people are posting what they are eating so we can check up on each other and give tips? I feel this is ssoo important to be successful on Atkins or low-carb. I don't count my carbs I just kinda watch what I am eating.
helpmelose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2007, 06:22 AM   #2  
Larry's Angel

Location: NW New Jersey But, My Heart's In Pittsburgh!! GO STEELERS & PENGUINS!!!

S/C/G: 245/143/145

Hi Helpmelose,

I'm not sure if you're specifically doing Atkins or not....if you are, my first suggestion to you would be to get yourself a copy of the book & read it from cover to cover so you understand the program and how & why it works. In the meantime, the following links will help:
http://www.atkins.com/articles/atkin...-of-induction/
http://www.atkins.com/articles/atkin...eptable-foods/

All those sugar-free treats could be what is stalling you (sugar alcohols). The purpose of Atkins Induction is to rid your body of the addiction of sugar. Meaning you should be eating real foods, like eggs, meats, veggies, salads. Twenty (20) carbs per day, 12-15 of those should be coming from veggies & salad.

JMHO, you might try dumping all the fake stuff (pudding, ice cream, chocolate candy)....keeping a watch on things like cheese & cream cheese (common stallers for some people...myself included)....and upping the veggies & salad. Taco meat from Taco Bell could contain sugar & additives. Making your own is a much better idea. This website has some of the best recipes on the web:
http://www.genaw.com/lowcarb/recipes.html
I'd also be careful of the subway salads. I went on their website and those salads have anywhere between 11-14 carbs!!! Depending on which of their dressings you're using, that could be another 7 carbs per 2 oz. serving!!

Successful & permanant weight loss requires changing your eating habits for the rest of your life. You must make a total lifestyle change....not just follow a diet!

All the best to you!!

Kim

Last edited by JerseyGyrl; 09-12-2007 at 07:15 AM.
JerseyGyrl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2007, 06:28 AM   #3  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Height: 5' 10"

I agree with Kim, the frankinfoods might be whats stalling you.

When I was following Atkins 100% and stalled, I had to look at my calorie count. When I realized how much I was eating and I started cutting back, the weight loss started to move again. Also exercise...you might want to step it up and extra 10 minutes to see if that helps.

GOOD LUCK !!!!
Leenie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2007, 12:17 PM   #4  

HHMM I am going to have to read the book, lol. I thank you both for your suggestions. I am going to eliminate the sugar free stuff. When I eat a subway salad I have no dressing but on, just a little oil, I eat them pretty plain. But I am going to have to figure out what I am doing wrong. I belong to fitday and thedailyplate so I am going to start tracking what I am eating to make sure my carbs are under 20 for each day. I HOPE this helps!!!
Old 09-12-2007, 02:19 PM   #5  
Hello Friend

S/C/G: 230/205/140

Height: 5'7"

My sister used to work at taco time, (very simmilar to taco bell) and they but so manny additives & fillers in the "beef" that it doubles in size! so I'd avoid that if at all possible.
I agree with Jersey girl about the sweetners. Though I do ocasionaly use splenda, but I try and keep it to a minimum. Also if your not making the meat balls and alfredo yourself, check the lables for added sugars they like to sneek them in where least expected. I read the labels of everything now, even if it seems inocent.
Good luck to you! and let us now how it goes! And congrats on your loss so far!!!
Puncezilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2007, 02:49 PM   #6  
Low Carb Lolita

S/C/G: 185/see ticker/135

I agree about checking the labels for everything--even frozen veggies! I was reading the back of my frozen spinach the other night and it has 1g of sugar per serving. I don't know if it's sugar added, or what, but I'm going to be reading multiple frozen spinach labels next time I'm shopping for frozen spinach (or any other veggie).

Last edited by Azure; 09-12-2007 at 02:49 PM.
Azure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2007, 08:21 PM   #7  

Today I actually started reading labels a little more than before. I noticed A LOT of things have 1g of sugar! I am going to have to spend a little more time grocery shopping to find stuff with no sugar.
Old 09-13-2007, 08:01 AM   #8  

spark people dot com has a great food tracker for free (and lots of other stuff). That's what I use to track my food and exercise. I'm trying to eliminate the "frankenfoods" myself - it's hard to get that sweet-fix with anything other than a SF chocolate pudding sometimes!

Last edited by Melyn; 09-13-2007 at 08:01 AM.
Melyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2007, 09:56 AM   #9  
Larry's Angel

Location: NW New Jersey But, My Heart's In Pittsburgh!! GO STEELERS & PENGUINS!!!

S/C/G: 245/143/145

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melyn View Post
it's hard to get that sweet-fix with anything other than a SF chocolate pudding sometimes!
Heavy whipping cream whipped with a little unsweetened cocoa powder, a little Splenda and some DaVinci's syrup....they make great flavors like Hazelnut, Caramel, Peppermint, Peanut Butter, Cookie Dough etc.
JerseyGyrl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2007, 11:01 AM   #10  

JerseyGirl- YUMMY those sound really good I am going to have to find the Davincis syrup, but after I lose a little more. I am going tro TRY to eliminate all SF stuff for a couple weeks, that should help my cravings and hopefully get me losing again. I did weigh this morning and I am down 3 pounds though, lol. I guess I may not have enough patience sometimes!
Old 09-13-2007, 12:15 PM   #11  

JerseyGirl is one smart lady I think you've gotten great advice I'm not sure what else to add but yes to check the labels and maybe write your carb intake down cause when you are just "watching" what ya eat you may not realize how many carbs or calories you are actually consuming.
slimdownmomof2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2007, 01:16 PM   #12  
Low Carb Lolita

S/C/G: 185/see ticker/135

You can find the DaVinci Syrups on http://www.davincigourmet.com/. Make sure to order the "sugar free" ones They're sweetened with Splenda!

I've tried the French Vanilla one--and I was thinking of getting the Mint Grasshopper one and a chocolate one (mint chocolate chip flavor...mmm....).

They also carry a few basic flavors at TJMaxx (weird place to find something like that, I know)--that's where I got the French Vanilla.
Azure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2007, 01:29 PM   #13  
Mrs. Determined

S/C/G: 243/ /150

Quote:
Originally Posted by JerseyGyrl View Post
Heavy whipping cream whipped with a little unsweetened cocoa powder, a little Splenda and some DaVinci's syrup....they make great flavors like Hazelnut, Caramel, Peppermint, Peanut Butter, Cookie Dough etc.

Ewww Kim that sounds good! I'm going to try that!! Why didn't you tell me that before, LOL!!
I buy the Torani and they are sugar free and sweetened with Splenda, but I can't find any flavor in Da Vinci other than Vanilla.

Last edited by FitinTime; 09-13-2007 at 01:30 PM.
FitinTime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2007, 04:28 PM   #14  

Yeah I am going to start writing down what I eat! I have done low carb successfully before and thats what I did, so I just have to start doing it again.
Old 09-15-2007, 09:01 AM   #15  

Kim, thanks for the "pudding" reminder!! Got some hazelnut and vanilla DaVinci's right here, as well as the other ingredients - just forgot to mix 'em all up for that great treat!
Melyn is offline   Reply With Quote