Old 09-10-2007, 06:38 AM   #1  
aud
lc lifestyle

S/C/G: 254/234/139

Height: 5'6"

Default LOW CARB CHAT! CHAT! 9/10 thru 9/16

Monday Monday already! Where did the weekend go? Oh yeah, mine blurred by with the trip to my Brothers for The Rams opener (fizzle-thud! Grrrrr - gonna be a looooong dismal season with this defense!) - but gosh the prolonged tailgate party was a BLAST!

Took some delicioso meatballs and mock potato salad so wasn't totally carb destroyed (besides the Bud Lites) - but ended up face down in some pizza last nite. *dusting self off yet again*

Cannot believe it's already September 10th! Also cannot believe that I'm awake . . . body clock so totally whacked - this is usually when I go to sleep but we have Gretel upstairs in our bedroom now - its been a slow go and had a scare with some leg swelling over the weekend that finally "drained" (bleccchhhh) - just gave her a meatball and sips of water. Think we're both going to nap a bit b4 getting Tess ready for school.
aud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2007, 07:15 AM   #2  
Mrs. Determined

S/C/G: 243/ /150

Tailgate! What fun that is, and the food sounded good too. I love that mock potato salad, ummm!
I have yet to experience a tailgate party.

Glad to see you "dusting yourself off", and getting back on again. That's the thing, no remorse, no guilt, just go back to your woe. I like that Aud!
We're entitled to have some fun now and then!

Yep September is flying by, oh I just remembered. My brother's birthday is tomorrow and my sil asked us to go to her house for that, and she wants to have pizza! I'm eating before I go and just making an appearance. I may bake some cookies for them. I'm saving my carbs for this Saturday.

This is going to a busy week, I can tell aready!

Well, you have a great day Aud, and Everyone else!
FitinTime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2007, 09:03 AM   #3  
aud
lc lifestyle

Just caught up on last weeks Chat & see that I should have taken the no-alkie route with fitin' & lily!! Definitely wouldn't have missed this pounding dehydrated headachey feeling gals! I've only karaoke'd once - with my doll of a nephew who's a good singer - we did a soulful rendition of Don't Let The Sun Go Down On Me a few years back.
That sux about your Mom blaming you az, - sounds like you are firmly entrenched as the older/"responsible" Sis, eh? Is Lil Sis still taking OTC diet pills? I remember years ago that those puppies really whacked me out - no wonder she was lost, if so!
I've never had the sf hard candies bouncie - but have danced with the porcelain bowl when trying the lc chocolate (Russell Stovers?) candies. WOWZERS - one bite of that candy and I better be right next to a bathroom within 20 minutes!!!! Not sure what that's all about. Congrats on those 4lbs!!!
Cannot tell you how comforting but yet motivational your words are to me this morning fitin' & beachie! Started to just say the heck with it and go back to bed . . . but inspired to head for the Y instead and nap later!!!
Soooo glad you're all here!
Old 09-10-2007, 09:29 AM   #4  
beachbum

Good Morning Ladies

Sorry I didn't get back to posting yesterday,as I'm a big golf fan,and had to watch the fed ex cup play offs. Than after the game,we heard distressing news about my DH cousin dieing over in Ireland while on vacation.

Now I have rush again to take my DH to an hospital appointment he made a week ago.

Well I didn't do good on my first day on the beach,had too many carbs on Phase 1.Well try better today.

Menu
b-soy milk and dry musili
l-turkey breast rolled up on a bed of lettuce
d-cheese burger with bacon mushroom mixture on top,salad on the side.

Will get back to the thread later,Until than have a wonderful morning.

Hugs BB
beach bum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2007, 09:57 AM   #5  
lilybelle

S/C/G: 234/142/145

Height: 5'7

Hi ladies,

Aud, WTG on picking yourself up and getting back on track so quickly. I know you can do it.

Diana, WTG on planning ahead to eat before going to the BD party. I usually do good with eating around my extended family. They all expect me to cave in and gain the wt. back and I won't give them that satisfaction. LOL

BB, very sorry to hear of your DH's cousin passing. Hugs.

Today is day5 of SB induction for me. I cheated and went ahead and weighed (I couldn't stand not knowing, LOL) and I'm down 3 lbs. per my scale. So according to my home scale and with me naked , I'm at my ticker weight. My official W-I will be on Thursday. I'm starting to learn the program and it is getting a little easier. I printed out my list of induction foods and posted it on my fridge, LOL.
lilybelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2007, 11:04 AM   #6  
Low Carb Lolita

S/C/G: 185/see ticker/135

Height: 5'7"

Aud-- I had a rough Friday/Saturday myself--so I understand where you're coming from. My sister's not taking Zantrex 3 anymore because they "weren't working" (we talked about this when she came to visit me Friday night/Saturday morning). That doesn't keep her from taking something, though. She's now taking some pill with ephedrine in it (she ordered it off of this website that claims it's ephedrine, anyway)... she just doesn't listen to me. I told her that stuff's dangerous and she says she knows. *headdesk*

Yesterday, I slept REALLY late (1:30 PM!), I was out super late Saturday night visiting a few friends who live on campus. I spent the day vegging for the most part, but I kept me eating under control. I was super ticked off at my boyfriend last night, too...but resisted to urge to go to the grocery store to buy doughnuts to quench it in.

Today's a new day, and even though I slept late today, I'm planning on hitting the gym tonight for some weight lifting and HIIT

Lily-- I'm glad that SBD is working out so well for you I lost my first 20 pounds a year and a half ago doing SBD Phase I (Phase II added back too many "allowances" with carbs and I overdid it and quit SBD).

BB-- I must have missed the post where you said you're doing SBD, too! Good luck! There's no shame in messing up and starting over...lord knows I've done it enough times in the last couple months.

Diana-- Your plan's a good one. I've discovered lately that eating before I go somewhere with people is a good way to keep my good intentions (ie: making good choices while I'm out) actually good. So I eat before hand and while I'm out, I'll have a seltzer with lime or a diet coke or something

Hope you ladies have an awesome day! I'm off to start mine!
Azure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2007, 12:16 PM   #7  
Mrs. Determined

So sorry about your DH cousin too! Prayers for him!

WTG on your weight loss Lily, 3 six lbs gone forever, right!

Lily & Aud: The Nephews are popular for singing with the Aunts! How cute your nephews sing with you two! Saturday night my nephew sang with my other sister, the " Goat Herder" song. LOL, have you heard that song? It's from the sound of music. My nephew sounded so cute, he's only 10.

Yep, BB and Azure, good attitude!! Keep going no matter what happens, at least you're getting back on and striving for the "Zone". You both can do it!!

Ladies, keep up the good work! Let's try to lose a good amount before the holiday's.

Gonna go, but I'll be around!
Talk to ya's later!

Last edited by FitinTime; 09-10-2007 at 12:16 PM.
Old 09-10-2007, 02:43 PM   #8  
beachbum

Hi Ladies

I'm back from the hospital visit.Doing good today on my second day on L/Carbing.. Going to watch what I'm eating & going to start portion control.

LILY-Big congrats on losing 3 lbs. That fantastic. Thanks for the consoling on DH cousin.

Azure-I did SB for a while but I stalled .I than moved to Atkins lost more weight and than stalled. Now I'm back on the beach,but I'm low carbing & using WW pts. So I'm into 3 WOE. Thanks I needed that encouragement .

FitInTime-Thanks for the consoling. Don't know whats going to happen as she died while vacationing in Ireland. YES I"M GOING BACK TO THE ZONE

Have a nice day

Hugs BB
Old 09-10-2007, 04:06 PM   #9  
lilybelle

Azure, I know I will have problems with adding back in more carbs. I plan to only add in an apple a day after I finish induction. I can resist the bread, pasta , potatoes, rice, flour and sugar. It's the fruit I am having trouble with giving up. When I do finally add in bread it will be whole grain and only one slice per day. I am the type that can go completely overboard with bread and it certainly makes me crave more carbs. For now, my carb cravings are gone and I want to keep it this way.

BTW, I'm not liking eating my Peanut Butter on celery. But, since I can't have bread, crackers or fruit, I don't know how else I can eat it.

Diana, the songs I can sing well are "Lesson in Leaving" by Jodie Messina. "Where were you when the world stopped turning" by Alan Jackson.
"I feel Lucky" by Mary Chapin Carpenter. DH and I always sing "You're the reason God made Oklahoma". DS and I always sing "The Picture" by Kidd Rock and Sheryl Crow. We usually sing "Summer Lovin" and "Satisfaction" as a group. DH loves to sing "Purple Rain" by Prince and he is awesome at it. My son sings all kinds of Rock songs especially by the Red Hot Chili Peppers. DS has an awesome voice. He got it from me, LOL.

BB, your plan sounds kinda like mine. Although I'm completely doing SBD, I'm keeping track of my cal's at the same time. Watching my portions to make sure I don't go overboard on nuts, meat and cheese. I guess typically I'm just an OVEREATER. It doesn't matter what food it is, I could overeat on friggin Lettuce.

Last edited by lilybelle; 09-10-2007 at 04:16 PM.
Old 09-10-2007, 08:35 PM   #10  
Lovin' Life

S/C/G: 300/too much/155

Evenin'

Its been a crazy couple months here. We have the new shop up and running....literally hit the floor running when we opened the doors. Its going very well, and we are learning to streamline and getting quite good at organization!

My eating has been horrible, Ive gained back all I lost the last time I was here.

Im now ready to get back to it. Once again, I'll start induction tomorrow morning. Give it the full 2 weeks, then go from there.

Hello everyone lots of ppl here that weren't last time I was here....its been a while I guess.
RobinW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2007, 10:08 PM   #11  
Low Carb Lolita

S/C/G: 185/see ticker/135

Height: 5'7"

Today was great as far as eating. I also did a few weight/ab exercises around the apartment, but never made it to the gym. I had the best of intentions...but I really think I need to go with my original plan of getting up in the early AM to hit the gym. I can't let myself shirk off going!! Not this time around! I'm finally getting to the point where I need to start putting on muscle as I lose the fat, or I'm going to be perpetually jiggly.

Tonight, I was this close to grabbing a doughnut in the bakery section of the grocery store while I was shopping, but I pulled myself up short because I realized that I really didn't want one and that it wasn't worth blowing days worth of work to get my glycogen stores depleted and my body into ketosis for a doughnut that I wouldn't really enjoy anyway.

Instead, I came home and made the recipe for "Spinach "bread"" from Linda's Low Carb site. Me and my suitemate tried it and we both thought it was actually pretty good! It's got a nice spongy texture, and I stuck it in the fridge for tomorrow. I think I'm going to try the following things with it over the course of time:

-- Tuna fish (mixed with mayo/salt/pepper) on a piece of the "bread"
-- Pepperoni "pizza" with the "bread" as a crust
-- Toast the "bread", put Smart Balance Light on it and eat it as "toast" with some eggs in the morning

The great thing is, it's a serving of green, leafy veggies with each slice!

I'm all excited to start trying new recipes now!
Azure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2007, 10:21 PM   #12  
Mrs. Determined

Good going Azure! Way to withhold that urge to grab that doughnut!
I know how it is, I try mentally justify me grabbing something I should'nt have, but quickly come to my senses. Proud of you Girl!!!

Hi Robin! I'm Diana, I used come here, left then came back!

Lily, those are some good song choices, totally love Your the reason God made Oklahoma, I've done that. And love, that Alan Jackson song, and love Satisfaction.
I always end up doing 60's and 80's songs all the time.

Well, I think I'm gonna call it a night.

Keep up the good work Ladies and let's get this weight off!!!!
Good Night!
Old 09-11-2007, 09:01 AM   #13  
beachbum

Good Morning Ladies

Doing fine on my 2nd day woe but I messed up last night eating a pc of banana bread. I'm always good during the day,but went night falls & I'm watching TV my mind goes to food when the commercials come on. I think I have to keep my hands busy like start knitting a scarf for the winter.

Today is my 3rd day,and I will try to start knitting even if it to hot to hold the wool. I read that 6 small meals is better than 3 large meals. Do you believe thats true?????? At this point i will do my best to try anything that will get this weight off.

Lily-I think that I'm doing 3 diets in one is messing me up. On all of these diets the rules are different,and the food lists are different also.I have to give up one of them,but which one,That is the QUESTION I like the beach and Atkins. The SB teaches me which carbs are good & which ones are bad. Atkins teaches me to count the carbs. slowly,and Weight Watcher points keeps me on track calorie wise.Thats a good question about the PB.I try to find some thing for you in my SB cookbooks.Just thought of sometime when I was posting to Azure. Why not try to bake the revolution rolls and but peanut butter on them.

Robin-Welcome back to the thread. Sorry that you gained all the weight back. I'm sure once you start the induction for 2 weeks you'll lose the weight again.

Azure-You great not take that donut. I'll have to try that recipe for spinach bread. I make the revolution rolls & use them all the time. When ever I feel like a sandwich.

Have to get ready to meet some of my singing group this morning,to pick out the music for this season. We're a group that volunteers singers for the nursing homes & hospital in our community.

Hugs BB
Old 09-11-2007, 10:06 AM   #14  
lilybelle

Robin, it's good to see you back, we've missed you. Sorry about the regain. I'm now using SBD cause my Dr. put me on it and my wt. was up a few lbs. I'm now on day 6 of induction and it's getting easier for me. There are several of us here that are trying to get back on track, so just jump right in with us.

Azure, WTG on passing on the doughnut.

Diana, Karoke really is a lot of fun. I look forward to it every Thurs. night.

BB, I don't know what advice to give. If it were me, I'd stick just to watching the carbs and leave alone the WW points. That combo of diets seems confusing to me. I'm doing SB and I am logging my food in Fitday but not worrying much about the cal's. I ate tons of cal's on Atkins and still lost all the weight. More than anything, what I should have typed in earlier post is I'm doing SB and watching my portions. For me overeating is a problem, so I'm trying to make sure that I don't pig out on the allowed foods.

BB, I tried making the revolution rolls before. Mine came up flat as a pancake. LOL, and they tasted like pure eggs to me. I suck at baking.

I feel very in control again of my eating and I felt slim when I woke up today. It was a nice and somewhat nostalgic feeling. LOL
Old 09-11-2007, 01:15 PM   #15  
aud
lc lifestyle

Any news from Ireland, beachie? That situation just HAS to be a mess for DH's family.

Hi and WB robin! I was disastrously away from about March to July . . . mixed a mishmash of plans (kind of sounds like you're doing beachie) - with heavy doses of emotional eating thrown in and got to my highest weight ever for my efforts! Excited you got the shop going and its doing so well!

I Feel Lucky is such a hard song to sing lily! Can't even sing along on the radio with that puppy!

Shout Outs to az & fitin'! I'm struggling to get my Zone feeling back - I think its my astronomical stress level - both at home and at work is knocking me for a loop. Shooting to deal with it constructively but feeling very negative. Just a negative day already.

Where y'at bouncie & punce?

I'm off to the Y to see if some work out endorphins can help - need to check out the Spinach Bread recipe too - is it ez?

Last edited by aud; 09-11-2007 at 01:16 PM.