Old 09-13-2007, 05:27 PM   #46  
Mrs. Determined

S/C/G: 243/ /150

Aud, I'm sorry to hear about your Gretel, the way you put it, made me want to cry.
But congrats on the lowering your cholesterol!!! That is the so important and you were able to do that, good job!!!

Hi Ladies!!!

I sense some good positive attitudes here, that fantastic!!
Nothing like a good cup of that to make our woe go along alot easier, right!

Bouncy, Ohh how I wish I lived in your neck of the woods right now! How refreshing that would be. Don't worry, you're gonna lose those lbs, just keep perservering!! At least we're not were we used to be right!

Hey Azz, you know what I make with pork rinds, mock nachos. Throw some shredded cheese on top of some pr and nuke for a few minutes then put a little salsa on it. It's pretty good and filling too. You can throw some meat on them as well.

Punce, you'll get there too, let's just keep going, we can do this. We need to challenge ourselves and just say, I ain't staying at this weight, I made it this far, I'm going all the way!!!

Yes, I'll definately let you know how this works out, I'm waiting for the weekend when I can grill all my meat!

Talk to you in a while!
FitinTime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2007, 07:28 AM   #47  
Mrs. Determined

Good Morning everybody how are you all doing today? Well most of you are probably sleeping or getting ready for work.

I'm doing good so far, I'm not eating too many carbs, but just enough. I weighed myself this mornig and it looks like the scale is going in the right direction. I have been fluctuating between those 2 lbs, but I still consider them a loss because when I have lost before, this same thing happened to me before, then I lost the last 5 lbs. So right now, I lost about a 1/2 lb, including those 2.
I made a taco salad last night and I just munched on it, it was good!

Well, I check back in later with you and see how you all are doing!
Old 09-14-2007, 09:16 AM   #48  
beachbum

Good Morning Ladies

I experimented yesterday adding a few extra calories to my 1600 total and guess what ????? The scale moved down somewhat. So I'm planning to eat around those figures again and see what its says on my official Saturday W-I.Maybe I wasn't eating enough,the scale was stalling when I was down to 1200 calories daily total.

AUD-Big congrats on your NSV. Thats fantastic. I have my blood test next week,let see if mine drops too .

AZURE-You can't find the pork rinds, there in our Stop 'n Shop supermarket on the Cape. They're in the international isle.

BOUNCING-My Dh always tells me that I spend to much time on the computer. But I don't think so,I'm on in the morning than I check in with my boards in the late afternoon.Computer is off in the evening. We're getting the brisk weather here on the Cape also. Love this time of the year, tourist are gone and the beaches & parks once again belong to the locals.

Fit-Congrats on your weight loss. Hope to see a lose tomorrow.

Hugs BB

Last edited by beach bum; 09-14-2007 at 11:29 AM.
beach bum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2007, 10:49 AM   #49  

Aud - So sorry to hear about Gretel's passing. We just had to put down Big Dog Scooter a couple weeks ago and it was very hard. My 17 yo son (youngest) is taking it very badly. I've been telling him that even tho Scooter only lived 11 years, he lived LARGE - how else could you explain a mere dog that has made such an impact on our lives in such a short time!

Hi Robin!!! Nice to hear from you! Keep coming back to chat - you know it helps.

*waves* Hello to everyone else. You guys are doing AWESOME! It is such an inspiration to come here and read of all your hard work. I'm very impressed.

I better jet- Someones got to bring in the bacon to 'float this boat' here and that someone is ME!

Kel

Last edited by Ms Spotdog; 09-14-2007 at 10:49 AM.
Ms Spotdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2007, 12:17 PM   #50  
ShellieTerese

S/C/G: 274/see ticker/125

Height: 5'3"

Diana, you're getting within shouting distance of onederland! I am sooooo envious. It's been such a long time since I've seen 199. I hear rumors it still exists, though. Another crisp morning here. I got up and turned on the heater! I have a Monitor kerosene heater, just right for this tiny place. Yesterday I called the kerosene co. to come and fill my tank. I was afraid to ask what the price is going to be ... I know someone further East who paid $4/gallon a couple of months ago, thinking to beat the customary fall price hike. Surely it isn't still $4. Gas has gone down, after all.

Woke up with a UTI. Grrrrr. Made a dr. appt. for 1:45. Here come the antibiotics. I hate antibiotics. Fffffffffft. The alternative is unacceptable, tho: last time I ignored one for a couple of days to see if it would go away by itself, I ended up with nephritis, and REAL antibiotics!

Yep, the 239 was a fluke. Up a few lbs today. Not gonna record that one either. I think I need a new scale. Something more consistent. Any suggestions?
Bouncing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2007, 01:35 PM   #51  
aud
lc lifestyle

S/C/G: 254/234/139

Height: 5'6"

Tx everyone for the kind words about Gretel passing . . . and it's GREAT to hear from ya Ms.SpotDog! Yes, living LARGE is a great way of putting it - when I spend more time with the Girls, I think I'll say exactly that - "MINI-shnauz' that lived LARGE!" Wonder if that would fit on the stone we're making? Must check.

Liver question: (lily areya out there?) Reading from the lab results I can tell I'm in range on this - but what the he!! is "SGOT?"

31 IU/L - *10-40 IU/L Evaluates liver function

Is higher/lower better on this? I'm on a medication that can cause liver problems I've read. I've also been known to slam a few frosties!

Just have not OWNED this Week like I wanted to and sitting here thinking how to put it in the Past - period!

Think I'll head on over to the Y - exercise I think is what's missing from the successful equation I've been formulating since July 16th - that, and pre-planning - which I'm gonna MAKE time to do Sunday.

TGIF LC'ers!!!
aud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2007, 01:57 PM   #52  
Mrs. Determined

Hi Everyone!!

Here's a duh moment! I didn't know that a BM can affect you weight.
I weighed myself this morning and it showed 208, then after I had a bm, I weighed myself again and it showed between 206 and 207.
I didn't think I was carrying that much in me! Jeepers!!!

Bouncing, hang in there, you'll get there! Keep forging ahead and don't let anything get you down. You've already made progress so you know you can lose, right! We just need to let our bodies do it's thing. You are going to lose, just envision it, stay encouraged!

Aud, there you go, get your game plan on do it!! You can do it and will do it!!

Check with you later!!
Old 09-14-2007, 03:20 PM   #53  
Lovin' Life

S/C/G: 300/too much/155

Ive been in a sea of t-shirts the last couple days
RobinW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2007, 09:02 AM   #54  
beachbum

Good Morning Ladies

I'm up early this Saturday,and its raining to boot. Why didn't I stay in bed for a good lay in.Leo is still sleeping ,so I decided to turn on the computer with out his help.

The important thing in my life this A.M. is that I lost 1-lb at my w-i.Didn't lose as much as you girls did, but the scale went downward the last two days. I'm now figuring that it have to be the new range of calories that I put myself into,from 1300 to 1600 per day I think its making the difference. This is still an experiment I'm doing,but so far its working. Now could it be my not losing was not from the foods I was eating???or was it a lack of calories that put me in a starvation mode. GOOD QUESTION.

Had a great time at the senior center it was nice to meet all the girls & boys again,after a long absent of summer break.

AUD-I'm sorry I must have miss your post about Gretel's passing,its painful to have a dear friend or baby leave,but its for the best you didn't want to see her suffering.

Bouning-Sorry about your weight going up. I Hate my scale cause I can't face the truth, but I have a physicians waist high scale that has a balance beam in front .Its accuracy is amazing as for the other digital scales that read a different number every time you got on the scale.

FitinTime-Oh Yes a Good BM is very essential for a good W-I .It can make a difference between 2 -3 lbs.But than again sometimes it doesn't work.

Robin- Hope you won't get lost in those t-shirts.Thanks for checking in.

Have a great Morning

Hugs BB
beach bum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2007, 01:16 PM   #55  
Mrs. Determined

Hi Everybody, how are you all doing?

I'm doing good myself except that when I went to weigh myself it shows I'm back at 208! I haven't eaten anything I'm not supposed to, well at least I don't think so. I posted my fitday on my sig so anyone feel free to check it out. I think it could be a fluid thing, I am drinking my water.
Now yesterday I drank a Crystal light, the Immunity kind, it has no nothing on it, I hope that didn't affect anything. But it's okay on Atkins.

Who know's but my body is fighting with my mind and if it wants a throw down then it's going to have one! lol
I'm not going to get discouraged, I'm going to keep going.

Have a great day today and stay on plan!!!!
Old 09-15-2007, 02:23 PM   #56  
aud
lc lifestyle

S/C/G: 254/234/139

Height: 5'6"

Good Saturday Morning LC'ers!

Way to Tweak-It, beachie! You'll find the right balance - I'm sure of it!

'Mornin fitin'! Well it's actually Afternoon but ya get my night shift drift! Tx for being here - always look for your Posts!

Crappy Week = -2lbs! w00t!

Had one of the worst nites of my elected union official career . . . drowned my sorrow in carbs. Junk carbs.

BUT . . .

Woke up feeling positive nonetheless . . . woke up feeling resolved nonetheless . . .

Go figure.

Headed for work early . . .
aud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2007, 02:51 PM   #57  
Low Carb Lolita

S/C/G: 185/see ticker/135

Height: 5'7"

Morning, ladies! I just want you all to know that I'll be absent until probably Monday afternoon--my boyfriend's coming up to see me at school! When he's up, I don't really do much on the PC. I decided to weigh this morning for my TBL Challenge weight for the week. And guess what?! 154! I'm down a total of 4 pounds from last Thursday (9/6)!! I was so excited to post a 4 pound weight loss for my team, not to mention being excited because only 5 more pounds will put me in the 140s!! Time to re-update all my ticker stuff

Anyway, eating has been 100% on plan and I feel fantastic. I love Atkins! Doesn't mean I sometimes don't want to dive head-first into a pizza, doughnut or cinnamon roll...but I tell myself that it's just not worth it right now. I've got a "cheat day" planned toward the end of the month, which I may or may not decide to use, depending on how I feel...so giving in is just not going to happen right now! I feel powerful!

Anyway...sorry, I'm just really excited

I hope you ladies have an amazing weekend!
Azure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2007, 04:15 PM   #58  
Mrs. Determined

Good For You Azure!!!!!! That's so awesome, and I'm really happy for you!!

You're doing so good, so much progress, keep it up!!!
You in the "Zone"!!!!
Old 09-15-2007, 04:20 PM   #59  
Larry's Angel

Location: NW New Jersey But, My Heart's In Pittsburgh!! GO STEELERS & PENGUINS!!!

S/C/G: 245/143/145

Quote:
Originally Posted by FitinTime View Post
Now yesterday I drank a Crystal light, the Immunity kind, it has no nothing on it, I hope that didn't affect anything. But it's okay on Atkins.
Hi Diana

Be careful of Crystal Light....it contains things like Aspartame, Maltodextrin, Corn Syrup Solids....all no-no's on Atkins. Any of those things can cause you to stall. I'm not saying that is absolutely whats doing it but....it is a possibility. Boring as it may be, you are best sticking with drinking pure water & lots of it.

You might want o have a look at these 2 links regarding water:
http://www.mayoclinic.com/health/water/NU00283
http://nutrition.about.com/library/b...calculator.htm

Hugs
Kim

Last edited by JerseyGyrl; 09-15-2007 at 04:28 PM.
JerseyGyrl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2007, 05:19 PM   #60  
Mrs. Determined

Hey Kim!! How are Ya!
I was wondering when you were going to post.

Yes, it's weird that I'm going back and forth with those 2 lbs. I thought Crystal light is allowed since it has Splenda? I looked for those other ingredients and didn't see anything, although they could be disguised.
Thanks Kim, I know you know what you're talking about I'll stop drinking that.
I've been drinking water like crazy too!
I've pretty much cut out all that other stuff and I'm just eating the whole foods. I've never eaten so much vegetables and salads in my life, but it is an automatic thing anymore. I don't feel complete until I've had my salad, lol!

Thanks again Kim, I really appreciate your input and you can input anytime you want, it's so welcomed and needed!!!:

Last edited by FitinTime; 09-15-2007 at 05:20 PM.