Old 09-11-2007, 03:41 PM   #16  
Hello Friend

S/C/G: 230/205/140

Height: 5'7"

Aud, I'm still here, Sorry your having a negative day, hope the workout helps. Youl be back in the "zone" in no time.

Robin, Glad your back, and that your shop is doing so well!

BB, I dont know how you can follow 3 diets at once, I have a hard enough time with one. The thing I like about atkins is not having to whatch calories, that never did work for me. I'v tried SB too and thought it was ok, but not as easy for me to stick with as atkins. Never tried tried WW. Maybe you can come up with your own plan using the combined principals of all three. Your singing group sounds wonderfull.

lily, I love PB so much, sometimes I put a TBS or 2 in a little bowl and warm it up so its all melted, and just eat it. If your allowed to have fruit on your plan you could dip apple wedges in it. My favorite is a banana dipped in melted PB but I dont think thats allowed on SB either. I cant wait to feel slim again, its been so long.

Way to stay strong Azz!

Fit, bouncy, laura, everyone, Have a great day.
Puncezilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2007, 04:34 PM   #17  
Low Carb Lolita

S/C/G: 185/see ticker/135

Thanks for the pats on the back for passing on the doughnut! Last semester it became almost like a habit to grab one or two every time I went to the grocery store...so I'm working on curbing that compulsion.

BB and Aud-- The Spinach bread was super easy. It's 10oz of frozen spinach, squeezed out well mixed with 4 eggs (beaten), parmesean cheese and some spices. Here's the recipe: http://genaw.com/lowcarb/spinach_bread.html

I'm going to make it in a bigger pan next time. The 8 X 8 pan makes thicker stuff, and I think I'm going to see what a bigger pan does. This morning I toasted a piece of the "bread" and cooked an over-medium egg with bacon and cheese and put that on top. It was like a bacon egg and cheese sandwich that I had to eat with a fork/knife. When I make the thinner bread, I'm going to see if I can make sandwiches with it and I'm going to make pizza with it as the crust!
Azure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2007, 05:24 PM   #18  
Mrs. Determined

S/C/G: 243/ /150

Hi to everyone!! How's it going!

Azure- I saw that spinach bread on that website. I thought about making too, now I think I will. It looks really good.
You know I have tried quite a few recipes on that website and they all taste really good. My favorite has to be the Taco Bake, it's so easy and the leftovers taste better the next day.

Banana and pb, gosh anything sounds good right now!

Aud- work that stuff out! You'll get back to where you were at in no time.
Hang tough!

Talk to you all later!
FitinTime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2007, 11:51 PM   #19  
lilybelle

S/C/G: 234/142/145

Height: 5'7

Punce, I will be allowed apples in 8 more days. I'm just eating my PB off the spoon for now. I'm looking forward to having some fruit, but I'm really doing OK with this induction. I feel more in control than I've felt in quite a long time.

I signed up for a 10K walk to support breast cancer research. DH, and the girls will be walking it with me this Saturday. I'm looking forward to it. I have been walking each night to get ready for this.

OMG, my SD asked me tonite why I'm doing SBD and said "you are already deathly skinny". LOL, not at all true, but nice to know the kids don't think I'm fat anymore.
lilybelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2007, 12:06 AM   #20  
gotta lose it!

Evening everyone....sorry I've been MIA for a few days. I've been doing ok, I messed up on Sat. We had a wedding out of town & I assumed there would be something I could eat.....um NO! Rice, beans, flour torillas, beef & chicken drowning in gravy. mashed potatoes. I took a few bites and decided that I wasn't going to mess up. I gave my plate to DH & we stopped at Wendy's on the way home where I had a Jr. Bacon Cheeseburger - no bun & a BLT salad. It was much better.
Azure - thanks for the recipe, I'm going to try it tomorrow!!
soon2Bfab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2007, 12:36 AM   #21  
ShellieTerese

S/C/G: 274/see ticker/125

Height: 5'3"

Hi all, been busy and haven't been on the net much. Sounds like everybody's either on track or real close. I'm so proud of y'all. Have I ever mentioned that I've never before seen so many winners in one place?
This must be Good Attitude Week.

How did your day go, Robin? Aud? BB? (let's see, BB + Banana Bread = BBBB?)

Went to the gym yesterday and today, and I've been on plan both days. Imagine that. Gym: On Plan. No Gym, Not On Plan. I think there might be a message for me in there somewhere. I really, really wanna get into the 230's. Like, soon. I bought some fabric on sale at Walmart, and I want to make some new clothes, but I don't know what size to make! Fit me now, one size smaller, two sizes smaller? It's still real warm here, and these fabrics are for fall/winter. Help! Help! Shellie mired in decision crisis! Oh -- and I lost another pound. I saw it on two consecutive days, so it must be real.
Bouncing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2007, 08:28 AM   #22  
Low Carb Lolita

Well, Atkins Ladies--I had a great day yesterday! I had a 1 hour cardio kickboxing class and my Heart Rate Monitor tells me that I burned 724 calories! How's that for kicking butt and taking names? I'm not as sore this morning as I thought I was going to be, and I'm almost worried that I'm having "soreness delay" and that I'm going to be unable to move tomorrow.

The plan for today is to do some abs and supersets in my apartment. I was thinking of going to the gym, but I've got no gym clothes clean! I need to get laundry done--so I figure while I'm waiting for laundry to get clean, I can work out in my pajamas or somethin'.

I also am going to go to the grocery store to get mozzarella cheese and some tomato sauce (the lowest carb I can find) to make Spinach "bread" pizza I did the math out last night and what I'm planning on eating is about 8 carbs total (including the "bread", cheese and 2 tbs of sauce), so I'll have to watch my carbs from other sources today!

Anyway, I've got to go get ready for class, just thought I'd say hey to my LC ladies!
Old 09-12-2007, 09:02 AM   #23  
beachbum

Good Morning Ladies

Didn't have any control with snacking last night.I have to find some way to keep any hands busy or tape my mouth so I can't snack.

Have to go,on the run again Leo has another appointment this afternoon I we have to get down to the beach to get some walking done before the morning is over.

Hugs BB
beach bum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2007, 10:47 AM   #24  
gotta lose it!

I'm down 5 more pounds this morning!! Woohoo (I haven't weight myself since Friday!!) I guess the weekend didn't mess up my weight loss!
soon2Bfab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2007, 10:49 AM   #25  
Mrs. Determined

Hi!
I did good yesterday, didn't eat pizza or cake, just watched everybody enjoy the cheesey goodness , and the sweet chocolatey cake.

Better to drool about it then to taste it!

But this weekend will be a different story. I need to make a dessert and I haven't found anything that's lc and sounds good. So I'm going to make either a peach and blueberry cobbler or a crisp. I think I'm going to eat some.
I did make a lc dessert from LindaSue's recipe, it was a strawberry cobbler. It was good, maybe I could use the same ingredients but use blueberries and peaches instead. Huh!

I'll give it a go and see how it turns out!

Everybody stay OP! Move forward, and don't look back. Today's a new day to stay on track!

Talk to you later!
Old 09-12-2007, 10:50 AM   #26  
Mrs. Determined

Quote:
Originally Posted by soon2Bfab View Post
I'm down 5 more pounds this morning!! Woohoo (I haven't weight myself since Friday!!) I guess the weekend didn't mess up my weight loss!
Hey Good for you!!!! That is awesome! 5 pounds gone forever!!!!!

Keep it up you're doing great!

Last edited by FitinTime; 09-12-2007 at 10:51 AM.
Old 09-12-2007, 12:54 PM   #27  
lilybelle

S/C/G: 234/142/145

Height: 5'7

soon2bfab, WTG on the 5 lbs. Great job.

I weigh in tomorrow morning after my first official week of SBD induction. I think I've done really well. I do feel thinner.

Diana, good luck with the cobbler.

BB, hope you have a better day today. A nice walks sounds great.

Azure, WTG on the awesome workout.

Shellie, WTG on the gym workouts. I'm the same, my food is much more in control too when I'm working out.
lilybelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2007, 01:40 PM   #28  
Low Carb Lolita

Update on the Spinach "bread" pizza:

It was pretty good! I made the recipe using the larger pan (9x13 instead of 8x8) and then used half the resulting "bread". I then used three tablespoons of tomato sauce on top, 2 ounces of mozzarella cheese and 6 slices of pepperoni.

All I have to say is, for about 500 calories and about 8 grams of carbs, that's a pretty good substitute for pizza if you've got a craving--and it's REALLY filling.

A few substitutions I'm going to make with the recipe:

- Instead of 4 eggs, using eggbeaters or egg whites instead (I'll save my real eggs for when I make a Bacon/Egg/Cheese on TOP of the spinach "bread"). I'm going to try using 3 eggs worth next time, instead of 4.

- I've been using only .5 ounce of grated Parmesan for the recipe, even though it calls for a full ounce--it doesn't seem detrimental to it.

- I've been substituting the garlic powder/salt for a sprinkle of Adobo seasoning and Italian seasoning, I think I'll keep doing that.

Anyway, it's delicious!
Old 09-12-2007, 01:53 PM   #29  
aud
lc lifestyle

S/C/G: 254/234/139

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilybelle View Post
soon2bfab, WTG on the 5 lbs. Great job.

I weigh in tomorrow morning after my first official week of SBD induction. I think I've done really well. I do feel thinner.

Diana, good luck with the cobbler.

BB, hope you have a better day today. A nice walks sounds great.

Azure, WTG on the awesome workout.

Shellie, WTG on the gym workouts. I'm the same, my food is much more in control too when I'm working out.
Super rushed and super stressed LC Chatters . . . but always read your Posts and today Beloved LilyB has summed up all that I was gonna say! Tx lb!

I'm still OP and determined to hit the gym tonight at work to relieve some of this boiling pressure inside me - in a Positive Way rather than the years years of emotional eating cycle I'm determined to kick here @ the beautiful age of 46!

Loving the spinach bread updates - MUST make!

ttyal and Let's OWN this Hump Day, shall we gals????
aud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2007, 02:54 PM   #30  
Hello Friend

S/C/G: 230/205/140

soon2bfab, Woo Hoo! you are doing awesome! congrats!

BB, I know how it is with the latenight snacking, I have to keep my hands buisy too, and have some good snacks on hand, even then its the hardest time to resist. You can do it !

Azure, your pizza sound great. Pizza's one of those things I just cant resist. The workouts sound great, Keep it up!

Fit, Way to go resisting temptation! good luck with your cobbler it sunds delish'

lily, what a great compliment from SD! The walk for breast cancer with the whole family is a great idea! I'm sure it will be fun.

Bouncy, Way to go with the working out and staying OP! You're sewing your own clothes, thats awsome! I sew a lot but never clothes for myself, mostly toys and some dresses for my niece. At least if your making the clothes you should be able to alter them as you lose.

Aud, How come we always turn to eating for stress relief when exersize works so much better? we should all be as addicted to working out as we are to the bad carbs. one of these days well get it right.

I'm still on track with the food but stuggling with the water and exersize.
I think I'm not getting enough of my carb from vegg, got to work on that too.
Puncezilla is offline   Reply With Quote