Old 08-27-2007, 01:57 PM   #1  
aud
lc lifestyle

S/C/G: 254/234/139

Height: 5'6"

Default Chat! Chat! Chat! 8/27 - SEPTEMBER 3!!

How 'bout Chatting right on thru Labor Day Weekend?

5 Days til the end of August Goals!

We were going to get a cabin on a ranch next to my niece's family for Labor Day - pretty much decided to save the $$$ . . . may go march with my union in a parade downtown . . . or go down to our "farm" and cut grass instead. Who knows?

How are we all doing?
aud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2007, 02:39 PM   #2  
Danielle-Red Team Member

Height: 5'4"

Doing a-ok in my neck of the woods, despite it being scorching hot outside! Had a really great day plan wise yesterday, I even worked out for the first time in ages. And I mean ages! I am so out of shape, gonna take me a bit to get myself going again, but hey, progress not perfection, right?!

Aud, the cabin thing sounds fun, too bad you aren't going. I don't know if I would be excited about marching anywhere, or cutting grass. LOL But both are good causes aren't they, so its really good either way, no? No plans here for Labor Day, my birthday's this Sunday but not sure what's happening. Dh never tells me anything! I just PRAY that if he takes me to dinner its somewhere lc friendly!

I just baked some peanut butter cookies...omg....yummo! They smell so good, and being lc I can afford to have a few!

Planning on another great day today, I hope everyone will come by and post how they're doing!!
Sugar-N-Spice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2007, 05:44 PM   #3  
ShellieTerese

S/C/G: 274/see ticker/125

Height: 5'3"

Hi all. I went to the gym today, dialed back everything I'm doing, to try to keep from hurtiing my back. I'll increase things one at a time to see if I can figure out which thing is doing it. Last night a friend called to chat, and I poured myself a glass of alcohol-free wine (yeah, oxymoron, isn't it?) so we could have a glass of wine together despite the geographic challenges. I had 41 grams of carbohydrate altogether yesterday, counting the wine. I refuse to feel guilty about it. Especially considering the hundreds, maybe even thousands, I used to have in a day!

Sept. 1 I'm working as a docent in the Visitors' Center in the state park. I worked there yesterday, too. They called me all desperate re: Labor Day weekend, because a couple of the volunteers have quit and a couple more are sick. So I said I'd work Sunday. Should be fun -- I love holiday weekends because they're so busy, and families of campers want interpretive tours of the displays -- lots of critter diaramas, indigenous people and their history and art, an a/v presentation of a representative volcanic eruption (this whole area is just lousy with volcanos, only dormant, not extinct) and all the kinds of lava/obsidian/geologic structure. Our lake is the largest freshwater lake wholly in CA, and is the oldest lake in N. America. Sometimes I get to explain the local steam generating plant, but usually people are only interested in the natural history of the region. Oops, sorry, I digressed into docent mode here for a minute!

Aud, have a good time with whatever you decide to do. Each choice has its own pleasant rewards, I bet. S&S, it's really nice to have you posting here regularly. Have a good week!
Bouncing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2007, 08:23 PM   #4  
Low Carb Lolita

S/C/G: 185/see ticker/135

Height: 5'7"

I had an okay day today. Food could have been better and I went to the funeral of a man I've known since I was about 12--super nice man and their family and mine have been friends since my dad was a kid. It was hard. It wasn't open casket (he had been cremated), but it was hard to look at all the photos and go through the awkward process of shaking hands/hugging members of his family.

Anyway, tomorrow will be better. I'm working--and I've got all my food planned for the day!
Azure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2007, 05:05 AM   #5  
aud
lc lifestyle

I know quite a few folks who "just don't go to funerals." WTG azure - on doing the right thing and showing respect. Hang in there with the emotions. I was born very late in my parents life so thinking I've been to more funerals than the average person. ALL are emotional events.

I'd start dropping hints about the Birthday Restaurant now SnS . . . "Boy, I'm craving a juicy steak" type comments!
CONGRATS on working out btw . . . I was finding it harder and harder to do ANYTHING except my walkwalk walking . . . soooo - we've joined the Y again - mainly for the swimming programs for our budding 9 yr old FISH . . . but also 'cause I want to drop in on the various Yoga and Pilates classes when I can. Just can't get into it consistently in the living room and both have helped my surgically repaired back over the years, ya know?

Glad you're being careful with YOUR back, bouncing! And I loved the docent tour btw - that's one of the things I love the most about this site/the internet - meeting kewl & interesting folks like you! PLUS - I LOVE going to those Trivia Contests with a group - has anyone ever gone? We always have a BLAST! So what's the name of the lake?????????????

okokok . . . whereya at lilyb?

okokok . . . check my ticker to explain my GREAT 4am mood - had another Atkins w0000000sh!!!!

*I *heart* celebrating 4# weight losses with My Beloved Dancing Carrot**

'Night All!
Old 08-28-2007, 09:25 AM   #6  
beachbum

Hi Ladies

Very bad weekend,Couldn't take it any more,So I made an appointment with the doctor. I GOT FOOD POISONING alright.

He putting me on an antibiotic,for 5 days along with chew able Pepto-Bismol. The fish was tainted,and over 600 Million people get food poisoning. Now I'm a statistics.

Feeling lot better today now that I'm on the medicines,but I don't have a take for food anymore. I went to the freezer this morning to get out some breakfast sausages out to go with some fried eggs. The both turned my stomach. Had a banana & plain yogurt instead.

Don't know how long this is to to stay with me I hope this feeling goes away soon.

Aud-Big congrats on your 4 lb weight loss. Like your dancing carrots

Hugs BB
beach bum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2007, 12:46 PM   #7  
ShellieTerese

S/C/G: 274/see ticker/125

Height: 5'3"

Beach, be careful not to get dehydrated. It's so easy to do when your tummy is not feeling well. Last time I got food poisoning, it was a chicken sandwich from a fast food chain. Hit me as I was driving. NOT pretty. I couldn't even drink water for 3 days -- weak, lukewarm tea was just barely sometimes a little bit retainable...

Aud, the lake is Clearlake, and the park is Clearlake State Park. Cobb Mountain, where I live, is one of the several volcanos, and it has live magma. As in, NOT dead. So, so not dead. There are hot springs all over the mountain, as well as a geothermal generating plant with multiple steam wells. I've pasted a link from USGS. See the cluster of microquakes? That's where I live. As I said, NOT dead! If you click the south arrow, you see San Francisco Bay. I love this website. It sure does remind me that I live on a geologically active planet! Clearlake Volcanic Field is considered one of North America's top ten volcanic hazard zones. Oh well, everyplace has some kind of risk. Earthquakes, volcanos, tornados, hurricanes ... Ain't none of us gonna get out alive anyway, so I just don't worry about it.

http://quake.wr.usgs.gov/recenteqs/Maps/123-39.htm
Bouncing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2007, 04:00 PM   #8  
Low Carb Lolita

S/C/G: 185/see ticker/135

Aud-- Thanks for the internet hugs I'm feeling much better today--with my tips in my pocket, a full day of eating on plan behind me, it's hard to feel sad. We had Donnie's whole family in for breakfast at my parents' diner this morning--on the house, of course. Today was the funeral. His family is huge--we live in a small town and I think they're related to about half the town and my dad's family is related to the other half (2,000 year round residents here!). I felt better after having his family in and talking to them for awhile. It can't be easy to have dealt with your parents' deaths so young...My dad's turning 50 this year and I'm already worrying about 20 or 30 years from now having to deal with that.

Beach-- Ugh! Food poisoning! I've never had it, and I'm glad I haven't! I'm sorry you're feeling icky...have you tried some ginger or peppermint tea? I hear that's supposed to help settle the stomach (personally, I can't stand either tea's taste). Bouncing's right--try to stay as hydrated as possible. Being dehydrated just going to make you feel worse Hang in there, hon.

Bouncing-- You're a brave lady! I'm such a worry-wort, I think living somewhere like that would have me in a constant state of anxiety. It sounds like it's a beautiful piece of America, though. I guess that's pretty true throughout nature--the prettier it is, the more dangerous and potentially deadly it is!
Azure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2007, 04:05 PM   #9  
beachbum

Hi

Still tried and don't have much energy to move around. Had a great night found lots of zzzzzzzzzzz's. It must be the antibiotics,that I using, one side effect is dizziness.

Bouncing-I'm taking lots of water plus I have a bottle of Gatorade in the frig.Oh Gee!! I was lucky mine started at home. You mentioned in a earlier post that you have back problems. I think I have a web site that has exercisers for the back. I'll look for them now,and get back to you.

Azure-Sorry about you having to attend a funeral for a long time friend.Thats always the hardest,as they are almost like family members. You'll lose anything that you gained. Right now I don't feel like eating anything,but I hope I don't start eat like a Wolf,later on.

Sugar'n'Spice-Peanut butter Cookies Oh My!! Home made and low carb. I'd sure love to have that recipe. I'm not in shape either I have been avoiding doing my walking along the beach or bike exercises in door because of the hot & humid weather we are having. I have to get started again. maybe if we could have a challenged in Sept would work. Just a idea.

Have a nice evening

Hugs BB
Old 08-28-2007, 04:11 PM   #10  
aud
lc lifestyle

Flying out the door late gals . . . Going to the Y severely cut into my ComputerChair Time!! ROTF!

Will catch up in The Wee Hours and lilyb BETTER have her BUTT back in here!!!

TTYAL!
Old 08-29-2007, 10:12 AM   #11  

S/C/G: 336/280/218/150

Default Hello .... again

Hey everyone. I've just come back from vacation, and I am trying to re-establish myself here. I went way off program on my vacation, but the damage was pretty minimal - thankfully! I am recommitting to the low carb lifestyle, not to mention a walking program.

I'm actually looking forward to Induction and all the goodness it brought to my body. I will check in with you again tomorrow!

All the best in your success!
Laura G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2007, 10:22 AM   #12  
beachbum

HI Ladies

Nothing new here just that I'm getting better day by day,but my appetite hasn't returned at all,and I checked on the scale and it hasn't moved either. I'm thinking that I'm going into a starvation mode,with the less eating I doing.

When I look in the refrig or freezer for what I want to cook,it freaks me out,getting goose bumps all over. I hope this is just temporary as you know I love to cook,and don't want to give this hobby up.

Have a nice day

Hugs BB
Old 08-29-2007, 11:55 AM   #13  

S/C/G: 225/ticker/155

Height: 5"5

hey - have been uber busy - as you might have noticed by my lack of posts.
Still going strong at 189 although this wkend is going to be tough! HOping i can still lose another couple pounds though.

hope you are all well
chickadee315 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2007, 01:00 PM   #14  
aud
lc lifestyle

Hi everyone & WB laura!

Sad day . . . our ancient mini-schnauz Gretel ran behind the car as DH was backing out of drive way - I was jolted from sleep by My Big Girl Molly's screams. Send some prayers this way please - Gretels right hind leg is definitely broken but she's being monitored for internal injuries and we may have to put her down-won't know til morning. She's become increasingly disoriented lately - just noticed last nite in The Wee when I was bringing her in and she flat sat down in the door way like her hip went out(????) - had to coax her to her bed. Our Westie - Ginger - has been going crazy all morning searching the house for Grets.

I was attacked by some pbj & graham crackers . . . *dusting self off and moooooving on.*

ttyal . . .
Old 08-29-2007, 02:05 PM   #15  
Hello Friend

S/C/G: 230/205/140

Hi , I'm back from my three weeks away from home. Trying to catch up with everything. I havent weighed in yet but I'm sure I'v gained. starting over tomorrow.
Wellcome back BBand laura ! and hello to any newbies.
I'v missed y'all. TTYL.
So sorry about your dog aud, I hope she does ok.
Puncezilla is offline   Reply With Quote