Old 08-25-2007, 02:10 PM   #31  
Danielle-Red Team Member

Height: 5'4"

Happy Saturday all! Thanks for the welcome too. Yesterday I had my first perfect day on plan since restarting, and I am thrilled! I feel amazing already and that's what I was really after. Last night DH decides he wants Dairy Queen, my all-time fave place. I had zero problem passing it up and felt really great about doing it. Here's to progress!

Aud, it sounds like you had an amazing trip! And to come back 1 pound lighter too, even better. I've got 1 sis that I am especially close to, she's 7 years younger than me but the most stable & mature out of us 4 girls. Glad you have such great friendships w/ your sis's, it's so important!

lilyb, congrat's on getting back down to goal weight!!! That is simply fantastic!!!

Alright ladies, time to get a move-on. Life with teenagers is never dull I'll tell you that! LOL These kids are ALWAYS on the move, draggin' their poor ole mom behind!

Make today the best!!!
Sugar-N-Spice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2007, 05:25 PM   #32  
ShellieTerese

S/C/G: 274/see ticker/125

Height: 5'3"

Aud, can I go next time too? Lily, congrats on getting back to goal!

Just signed onto Kaiser website to get my latest test results. Lipid panel: last one wasn't bad, everything in normal range, but this one smokes. and I'm eating so much more fat. Go figure! Oh well, the book said this would happen, but I had trouble believing it until I saw the results. Didn't get the A1C, alas (any diabetics in the audience will know what that is).
Bouncing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2007, 09:05 AM   #33  
beachbum

Checking in also.Don't know when I will be back on the computer.

I developed an viral food poisoning yesterday and I'm in the bathroom more than any other room of the house. I ate tainted fish sausages Friday Night,and got sick and still not feeling well.

Had Chamomile Tea and Gatorade for breakfast,so far it staying down. Leo is going out to get me plain yogurt for lunch and that if thats ok I will go for white rice for supper.

Well theres goes my diet the 5 pounds will be back shortly.

Have a nice day and I see you guys tomorrow.

Hugs BB
beach bum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2007, 11:38 AM   #34  
lilybelle

S/C/G: 234/142/145

Height: 5'7

Hi everyone, I'm up and having my morning coffee. Dinner last night was sure off-plan. I made home-made chicken fried rice and baked egg rolls. Sure was good though and I'm back to plan today. Gotta drink a bunch of water to take away the sodium bloat from all the soy sauce last night.

Danielle, wtg on refusing the Dairy Queen. My DD and SD begged for Braum's ice cream yesterday. I stopped and let them run in and get one, but I stayed in the car and didn't eat one, so at least I retained that much restraint yesterday.

Shellie, WTG on the lipid panel results. I'm having one done on Sept. 5th and I hope mine is improved.

BB, I hope you feel better soon. I've had food poisioning twice in my life and both times it was horrible enough that I was hospitalized.

Aud, West Memphis is dang scary. We got lost there once and stopped at a convenience store for directions. As we pulled up the dang store was being robbed at gunpoint. I screamed to DH to get us the heck out of there just as the robbers ran out of the store. This is one time that I was thankful that DH worked as a Trooper and always carries a concealed weapon. Luckily he didn't have to use it. Some of the local officers arrived immediately on the scene.
lilybelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2007, 12:35 PM   #35  
aud
lc lifestyle

S/C/G: 254/234/139

Height: 5'6"

Mmmmmmmm . . . ice cream . . . *Bad Aud*SMACK*

How many teen agers do you have SnS? I've got the 21 yr old and the 9 yr old so at both ends of the spectrum. A gal I represent brought me a giant piece of some kind of Oreo Cake Confection on her call last nite . . . I resisted! Turns out this gal had lost 140lbs on Atkins like 7 YEARS AGO - she'd like to lose 20 more but looks faboo! Kept. It. Off. She's bringing me CHEESE on her next call - lol! Also a recipe for "Ziplock lc Ice Cream" - that always satisfied her craving. I googled last nite and found it - does sound so ez. I still don't have the DaVinci syrups that a lot of recipes call for - keeping it pretty simple for now.

Was the fish from a restaurant beachie? Just awful for you!

Yes Bouncing - when we lose all this weight we'll have a 3FatChicks Low Carbers Go To Tunica Party! - Congrats on the lipid panels - I'm having mine done on the 4th lily! Also my thyroid checked - Big Sis and Niece both diagnosed and on medication recently.

So much to do on this one day off . . . still nice out . . . I'm ready for Fall!
aud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2007, 12:45 PM   #36  
aud
lc lifestyle

S/C/G: 254/234/139

Height: 5'6"

PS: We all can't go to college and/or become professionals, right?

What would be so wrong if somehow - someway - we all decided to quit buying 3rd World goods produced with questionable processes (Hellllooooooo: lead paint for toddlers??? Helllllooooooo: poisoned pet food??? )
and just demanded goods produced in the USA & perhaps Canada? Pay some decent living wages so that the workers can become CONSUMERS and watch the economy take off as it did in the Post War 50's/60's etc.????

Sure there would be a certain percentage that would rob the convenience store in West Memphis for a living . . . or deal drugs . . . but I believe that MOST would prefer to punch a clock for 30 yrs - have health insurance and have a small slice of the American Pie.

The folks I saw out the Van Window there - next to their hand painted "Tennis Shoes $10" "Name Brand Sunglasses Flea Market Here* signs looked positively HAUNTED to me . . . sad & haunted.

We need our Shoe Factories Back. We need our Electronic Industry Back. We need our Schwinn Bicycle & Fisher Price Toy Factories BACK.

*Stepping down from soap box*
aud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2007, 01:01 PM   #37  
Danielle-Red Team Member

Height: 5'4"

Aud, I couln't agree more with your last post! Too bad some of us "thinkers" here couldn't take things into our own hands and "just do it" and see what happens!

I have 2 "tiny" teens...my DS is 14-going on 15 in Oct. and I have a DD who just turned 13. My youngest is 11 but acts like she's 16. She's a pistol. All 3 are extremely active with school & friends, especially this year so I have taken the year off from working (I only work part-time, but still...), so I can be available to them and to ALSO get a year or so of working on ME.

Lilyb, congrat's on skipping the ice cream! Your dinner sounded yummy, glad you're back on track today.

BeachBum, SO sorry to hear youre not feeling well! Ouch! I hope you get to feeling better very soon, looking forward to getting to know you!

Bouncing, great to hear about those #'s!! Good for you!!! Just more and more proof that this lifestyle does work!!

Well, I did it. I was naughty. I peeked at the scale. For 4 days of "work" I am down 4 pounds. Can you freakin' believe it!?! Won't count it yet but man, what a great incentive to keep on truckin'! WOO HOO!

Have a great day ladies!! Keep shining!
Sugar-N-Spice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2007, 12:55 PM   #38  
lilybelle

S/C/G: 234/142/145

Height: 5'7

aud, if you see this. Would you PM me. I really need to talk to someone about a personal matter.
lilybelle is offline   Reply With Quote