atkins and exercise?

• im curious how many of you doing atkins are also exercising? and if you are were you during induction?
  • Today is day two for me and I burned 873 calories. I didn't die.
    I usually burn this much and I did not notice a difference in energy during the exercise. In my opinion diet and exercise go hand and hand.
  • I go for an 45min/hour walk about 4-5 days a week. thats pretty much the only exercise I get. even durring induction. I think you should exercise if you can.
  • oh i am a regular exerciser usually 4 times per wk, but i walk for 30 mins at lunch everyday during the wk and try and take the stairs as much as i can - 8th floor i completely agree diet and exercise go hand in hand.

just curious how you burned 873 calories?
  • 45 minutes with level 5 resistance
    15 minutes on stair stepper Calorie Burner 2 Option
    10 minutes walking at a 17 min/mile pace
    10 minutes swimming laps
    Weightlifting (don't count that though)

Very Easy- I am cross training for my cross country season
  • I too am an exerciser while on Atkins and I also calorie count. I usually workout 4 days a week and do between 2-4 miles on the treadmill speed walking and alternate the elliptical with that too. Its worked for me so far
  • i ran sprints today and i am feeling pretty tired but i think thats becasue i am still on induction and my body is used to something carb filled before my workout.

rocknroll how long have you been on atkins??
    booprn?
  • I'll be the first to admit that I am LAZY by nature and I procrastinate about exercise. I haven't been since starting Atkins--but if I want to keep all my nice muscle mass, I think I'm going to have to start using it soon.
  • Chickadee,
    I've been on it since Memorial Day.
  • congrats 26 pounds is excellent!
  • Chickadee- Today is my third day on atkins! To give my body the boost it needed during and after workout, i took 32 oz water, 1 packet of crystal light with potassium in in and 1 packet of crystal light Energy. It was like a sports drink but with no sugar and very little calories. The potassium and energy really helped! It was a little tart but after the first drink it was good!
  • I have exercised regularly on Atkins (usually walking) and I still continue to get regular physical exercise to keep the wt. off.