Old 07-17-2007, 11:04 PM   #1  
Low Carb Lolita

S/C/G: 185/see ticker/135

Height: 5'7"

Default Hello, All! New Here.

Hello--I just wanted to drop in and say hello. I'm a newbie on Atkins, but not on diets I know low carb works for me, and Atkins is as low carb as I've gone. I'm 1.5 weeks in and I feel incredible, I'm never hungry and I'm losing weight. I've ordered a few cookbooks: Induction and dessert from a remarkable website and I can't wait to try out some new Induction recipes.

I think I'm going to stay on induction for longer than the first two weeks, as I'm not feeling bad. I may add peanut butter in after week two, though--I like it on celery sticks for a snack.

I get into details about my background, my goals and where I'm currently at on the first post in my blog (linked in my signature), so I won't re-hash that here. Just wanted to say that I look forward to reading, asking question and learning a lot over here!
Azure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2007, 10:35 AM   #2  
Coldblooded Thread Killa

Height: 5'3"

Welcome! It's nice to meet you.
callystia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2007, 10:42 AM   #3  
Mrs. Determined

S/C/G: 243/ /150

Hi Azure!
Glad you're here. You'll find alot of support and encouragement around here. Ask any questions no matter how it sounds and offer up any info you have too. We're all here to learn and support.
Please tell me that website where you ordered your cookbooks from, I'm interested in getting some too.
Again, Welcome!
FitinTime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2007, 10:55 AM   #4  
Mrs. Determined

S/C/G: 243/ /150

Callystia,
You have lost alot of weight! Wow what an accomplishment. I didn't realize that until now, I read you profile and your beginning size is where I was at. I was a 22/24 (2x-3x) and Saturday I bought me some tops that are 1x, I was so happy about that.

Good for you!!! So much inspiration from all of you who have lost a lot of weight.
Thanks!
FitinTime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2007, 11:02 AM   #5  
Coldblooded Thread Killa

Height: 5'3"

Thank you so much, Fit! That made my morning.
callystia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2007, 11:22 AM   #6  
Low Carb Lolita

Quote:
Originally Posted by FitinTime View Post
Hi Azure!
Glad you're here. You'll find alot of support and encouragement around here. Ask any questions no matter how it sounds and offer up any info you have too. We're all here to learn and support.
Please tell me that website where you ordered your cookbooks from, I'm interested in getting some too.
Again, Welcome!
www.sugarfreesheila.com is not only an awesome Atkins inspiration resource, but she answers all her e-mails (got back to me the same day with a very long e-mail) and offers her workbook and two cook books as hard copies through the mail! I'm awaiting mine with baited breath She has a few freebie recipes on her website--and I can say that her "Mock Mash" cauliflower recipe is my new favorite veggie side dish!

It was her website that kept me inspired to do Atkins the right way and not give up and give in with food
Old 07-18-2007, 11:40 AM   #7  
Atkins Chick

S/C/G: highest234/ticker/130

Height: 5' 2 1/2" the 1/2 matters!

I love Sugarfree Sheila. I also got my inspiration to go ahead with Atkins from her site. There is also another site called Low Carb Friends that is very very helpful.
problysewin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2007, 01:32 PM   #8  
aud
lc lifestyle

S/C/G: 254/234/139

Height: 5'6"

Hi and Welcome azure! I'm a night shift worker and read your blog in the Wee Hours. Well written and I could feel your pain - also could feel your spirit and triumph! Tx for the sheila link - will check it out when I have more time and am awake!

Atkins really does make sense for me - based on the scale - based on how I feel etc. It can be a challenge in this carb convenience loaded world but IA that its well worth the effort.
aud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2007, 02:05 PM   #9  
Atkins Chick

S/C/G: highest234/ticker/130

Height: 5' 2 1/2" the 1/2 matters!

I'm sorry. I was so excited about the Sugarfree Sheila comment I didn't say Welcome!
problysewin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2007, 02:45 PM   #10  
Low Carb Lolita

Problysewin--Thanks for the welcome and for the SFS excitement She's such an inspiration for me...hoping those cook books come today!!

Aud-- Thanks so much for the comment about my blog. I don't usually blog anywhere, but I felt like documenting the end of my journey, now that I'm not feeling pathetic and sorry for myself anymore, will be good for me Definitely check out Sheila's website--she's got before/after pictures and lots of information about Atkins and her personal weight loss journey. And I agree with you about Atkins--it really makes sense--especially for me
Old 07-18-2007, 04:28 PM   #11  
Hello Friend

S/C/G: 230/205/140

Azure, Hi and welcome! Congats on being so close to your goal!!! We have a great, supportive, group of low carbers here! I'm going to check out that SFS site too, it sound s great.
Puncezilla is offline   Reply With Quote