Old 06-30-2007, 12:43 AM   #1  

Height: 5'3"

Question What About Vitamins?

In Dr. Atkins Book he talks about lots of vitamins being necessary on this diet. I am not a person that can commit to taking a whole bunch of pills several times a day. I have tried that before and just couldn't keep it up.

Since Dr. Atkins' multiple vitamin pills that combine most of his recommended vitamins into one pill, are no longer on the market, what have you been substituting? Is there another formula on the market that is as good as his?

Right now I am just starting my 2nd week of Induction and am taking a regular multi-vitamin, a fish oil capsule, vitamin C , and have just added a flax oil capsule. I am already having trouble getting them all down daily.

Anyone willing to share their approach to getting the vitamins in?

Thanks!
BluebirdLu
BluebirdLu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2007, 12:46 AM   #2  

Oops! I forgot about the ticker! It is NOT accurate. Unfortunately, that should be 5 pounds lost, not 17. I lost the 17 on Jenny Craig, and had no trouble finding them again, so am starting over now.
BluebirdLu
Old 07-05-2007, 11:29 PM   #3  
Baby Steps

I usually just take a plain (cheap) multi-vitamin. Not sure if there's something better out there.
lady_adnerb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2007, 03:27 PM   #4  
Hello Friend

S/C/G: 230/205/140

Height: 5'7"

I have trouble taking vitamins too, But it is better to to take them, even if your inconsistent, (I frequently forget) than not to take them at all. I take a multi, extra cal/mag, and a stress/B.
Puncezilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2007, 11:06 PM   #5  

Thanks for the advice about vitamins,ladies. I am now taking a multi and a bunch of others, but have ordered a multi that is supposed to be very much like the Atkins formula. Haven't received it yet. UPS says it will come Tuesday.

I was reading the posts in the weekly chat from the beginning of the week about the cool smilies that I think you, Puncezilla, add to your posts. I tried and tried and couldn't get it to work. Then You (if I am remembering right) said something about different computers and settings and that got me to thinking about the settings options here. So I went in and sure enough, I was set on the standard setting. I made the switch to the maximum setting, and now I can paste the smilies in too!
LOL
Old 07-09-2007, 09:48 AM   #6  
Baby Steps

What kind of smilies are you adding and where would the settings be that one would have to change?? I'd be very interested in that
lady_adnerb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2007, 09:15 PM   #7  

Hi Lady A,
I just found your post and question. Sorry it took so long!

getmesmileys.com
freesmileys.org
are the sites I have bookmarked for the smileys.

To change your settings if you are not now able to copy and paste the smileys from those sites into your posts, go to User CP. On the left side menu choose Edit Options. Then Misc. Options, which is the very last box, way down at the bottom. It is Message Editor Interface. Change your setting from Standard to Enhanced Interface.

See if it works for you.