Old 07-05-2007, 10:57 AM   #1  
Mrs. Determined

S/C/G: 243/ /150

Default Come On Ladies Let's Lose Weight!

How's everyone doing on Atkins or any low carb eating?
Let's all make a goal to lose at least 2 lbs or whatever we can, then we can add another goal.
Come on we all can do it if we really want it. I know I do. After being heavy for sooooo long, I'm ready to get down to a normal weight. I'm not looking to be skinny, I want to still have curves and something for my DH to hold on to.
Let's all try to set a goal for the end of the month and see what happens.
Anybody game?
Let's not reflect on our mess up, lets just pick our selves up and keep going, don't need to start over just continue as if nothing happened.
Let's it do it!

Last edited by FitinTime; 07-05-2007 at 11:27 AM. Reason: bad spelling
FitinTime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2007, 02:31 PM   #2  
Coldblooded Thread Killa

Height: 5'3"

Thanks for the cheerleading! I needed it today.

I can't do weight goals because I get too depressed by fluctuations, but I have set a goal of fitting perfectly into a certain pair of jeans by the end of the month. I can wear them now, but I'm a little embarrassed by how tight they are.

Anyone else got a goal?
callystia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2007, 03:37 PM   #3  
Mrs. Determined

Okay, that's your goal for the end of the month. You can do it!
For the 4th I made brownies and the chocolate cake covered balls for my nieces and nephews. That was hard because I love chocolate as I'm sure you do. But I didn't eat one, which if I wanted to, I could have and just went on with my low carb after that.
I've done things where I drank three beers one day and then kept going on with Atkins the rest of the time, I just didn't lose weight during that time.

So hang in there, don't worry, you'll get to the weight you want before you know it.
Old 07-05-2007, 06:40 PM   #4  
Trying to find my way.

S/C/G: 244/220/145

Height: 5'2''

my goal will be down to about to my virgi fat territory 214. I would like to be lower but I am not going to push it. that is 4 lbs this month. including a camping trip I usually hog out on but have made provisions to stay op for most of it's entirity. (many cans of tuna and carb bars to keep me off the pancakes and french toast.) I may never look at a can of tuna again but I am not sure what else to do besides peanut butter. no fridge to keep things and space is a valued comodity especially the cooler.

so 4 lbs this month down to 214!!!
nasus40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2007, 09:03 PM   #5  
Mrs. Determined

Good for you Nasus40!
I can't wait until I get down to 214, I know that will come in time.
As for camping, try taking beef jerky, or tortilla wraps. There are some that have 3 carbs per wrap, and you can put anything in them.
Cut up some vegetable and put them in a baggie. I like the pork rinds and they are easy to pack too. If you like nachos, take some pork rinds and sprinkle some shredded chedder cheese, microwave for about 30 seconds and throw some salsa on it. They are so good.
Good Luck!
Old 07-05-2007, 09:42 PM   #6  
Here I go again

S/C/G: 201/see ticker/135

Height: 5'6

I have a similar goal. I'm going on vacation at the end of the month and some of my summer shorts are fitting ok but i'd like a little more wiggle room. I would also like to go clothes shopping for once with out feeling miserable about my body. I hate it when I try on pants or shorts and I get that muffin top rolling over my sides That's when I know that I have to go up a size or two up in clothing. That's the most miserable feeling ever!
BoopRN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2007, 11:05 AM   #7  
Mrs. Determined

That's the way to be BoopRN!
It's doesn't hurt to make a goal, any goal.
Let's not put pressure on ourselves, even if it's only 1 lb in a month that is still good. As long as we just continue on and keep trying.
We can do it!
Old 07-06-2007, 12:50 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 198/170/130

Height: 5'3

Hi ladies -

Do you mind if I join you? My goal will be to lose 5 lbs in July.

Nikki
Nikki128 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2007, 02:28 PM   #9  
Mrs. Determined

Alright Nikki128!
Way to set your goal! This is what it's all about, setting a goal and trying to meet it.
Let's keep encouraging one another to beat this fat from our body.
But remember, if we don't completey reach our goal, let's not get discouraged, but be happy we lost something.
We can do it!
Old 07-06-2007, 02:29 PM   #10  

Thanks FitnTime I really need the encouraement. I have set goals in the past but they have been to high. I think 5 lbs is doable.

Nikki
Old 07-06-2007, 03:07 PM   #11  
Mrs. Determined

Anytime Nikki!
I want to lose 2 more lbs to make a total of 5 lbs. At the beginning of the week, I has lost 4 lbs and I was all happy. Then on Wednesday my husband I went to the Cheesecake Factory to celebrate our anniversary. I did good there, I had a nice salad with a slice of salmon. I wanted to eat cheesecake too, so I took home a 10" low carb cheesecake. One slice is 6 carbs and ate a slice. The next morning I gained a pound. I thought how could that be. But I didn't get discouraged, I just kept trucking along still trying to lose these 2 lbs. I think by the weekend I will.
But it takes awhile, I lose then I come to a standstill. I think that's common though, so I don't worry about it, I just try to keep busy.
Old 07-07-2007, 09:41 AM   #12  
Mrs. Determined

So how is everyone doing? Has anyone lost anything yet?
It's funny, my scale keeps showing a weight loss/gain of 3 lbs. I don't get how that happens. Yesterday morning I weighed myself and saw a 4lb loss. This is the same pounds I have been trying to lose. So last night I weighed myself and it looked like I gained it back. Then this morning I weighed myself again and shows I lost those same 3 lbs. So I don't get it.
I know one thing before I bought this frickin' scale, I was happy and going about my diet without even caring how much I lost, as long as I could tell in my clothes.
So I'm going to keep busy here and try to keep cool here in Arizona. Wheewww, it's going to be a scorcher here.
My niece and nephews spent the night last night and I'm going to take them to buy some school clothes. So that should be fun. At least I'll be up and walking which will burn some calories. My favorite excerise, shopping!
Talk to you all later and keep up the good work!
Old 07-07-2007, 10:17 AM   #13  

Fit .. weighing yourself at night I find is generally a bad idea as the scale reflects the food you have eaten that day.

I had a 2lb gain this week. I am changing my ticker to reflect the gain so that I can accurately track my losses for my 5 lb july challenge.
Old 07-07-2007, 06:06 PM   #14  
Mrs. Determined

That makes sense Nikki. Since buying my scale, that's all I do is weight myself, so I need to stop checking all the time.
I have always weighed myself in the morning before I ate anything, I'm going to try and weigh myself every Friday and see how that works for me.
Okay Ladies, lets continue on and just try to lose a couple of pounds, that's better than nothing.
If anyone needs encouragment I'm here for you.
Old 07-07-2007, 06:08 PM   #15  
Coldblooded Thread Killa

Height: 5'3"

Sounds like me too--when I let myself weigh at all, I do it much too often. So I decided that even with the "jean-based" goal I've set, I'm only going to try them on once a week. It will give me something to look forward to, as well as keep me from getting discouraged by daily fluctuations.
callystia is offline   Reply With Quote