Old 06-21-2007, 09:15 AM   #1  
pk1947

S/C/G: 192/180/118

Default Medifast

Has any one ever tried this diet and how did you like it ??

Pat
pk1947 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2007, 01:10 PM   #2  
Larry's Angel

Location: NW New Jersey But, My Heart's In Pittsburgh!! GO STEELERS & PENGUINS!!!

S/C/G: 245/143/145

I had a post here that I deleted because I realized you are talking about Medifast and NOT Optifast!! I apologize for that. I know nothing about Medifast.
JerseyGyrl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2007, 08:39 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 167/126/117

Height: 5'3

I have not personally tried it, but my mom has lost about 30 pounds in 4 months using Medifast. She did it to prep for my wedding, she needed something that was strict and provided a lot of accountability. Now that the wedding is over, she hasn't gone back to the center but she is taking some of the things she learned on with her. She is replacing some of their product with low-sugar, high-carb meal replacements, things like that. I think it was a little too limiting for her to stick to long-term, but it helped her to get her mind back on portion control and away from thinking about food all of the time.

I'm pretty sure there is a Medifast thread under the general diet plans section of this site. Good luck!
LeighHop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2007, 10:14 AM   #4  
pk1947

S/C/G: 192/180/118

Thank you Leighhop, I'm going to give it a try. I'm type 2 diabetic and I've heard it really is good for getting all the blood work where it should be.
pk1947 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2007, 10:25 PM   #5  

One of the girls in my college class was on this and lost alot of weight. She carried a bag of items with her that you reconstitute with water. I personally don't like the ideal because at least on Atkins, I can eat anywhere and feel as if I am just one of the crowd.
Lovemylife is offline   Reply With Quote