Old 10-04-2007, 01:33 PM   #121  

S/C/G: 336/280/218/150

Height: 5'7"

Fitin Time - Way to go - watch them melt off now!

Shy - Good for you - exercise is a great commitment. Find something you enjoy and stick with it!

Punce - Congrats on being back OP! I just joined a local gym called Iron Circle - the teacher is a local man who competes. It's very cool. I know I am working out, cause I definitely feel it, but I really don't think of it as exercise - it's way too fun to be good for me...

Well, my goal for the month is at least 16 days of going to the MMA class, and I am trying to get back OP - I went off last weekend, and I thought I would be able to get on again, but so far it is so hard. I just need to recommit to myself.
Laura G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2007, 03:21 PM   #122  
Hello Friend

S/C/G: 230/205/140

Laura , Getting back on Plan after going off is so hard, but you can do it.
It usualy takes me a few days to get back 100%, I'v been having yogurt and nuts avery day since I got back so realy not 100% but thats gone now so I just wont buy any more.
3 more lbs to go back to my ticker wieght.

Quote:
it's way too fun to be good for me...
Thats the best kind, I need to find something I enjoy that much.
Puncezilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2007, 10:18 PM   #123  

S/C/G: 230/230/155

Height: 5'9"

You ladies are such great motivators! I'm currently restarting my diet. I lost 80 lbs my first try with Atkins and foolishly got lazy. I'm now in my second day and this forum is keeping me occupied tonight, lol. Thanks so much!
Mrs262 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2007, 02:28 PM   #124  
Hello Friend

Hows it going Laura? Fit?

Welcome mrs262, Glad you found us, this is a great group of supportive Low-carbers! It's always good to have new people.

I didn't have such a good day yesterday, had corn with dinner, and some frozen strawberries (sweetened) after and some nuts. Not totaly out of controle but definately Off-plan. Feeling a sory for myself being sick and used it as excuse to eat bad. Doing better today, trying to move forward.
didn't get my exercise yesterday either, same reason. At least mannaged to get some rest, so hopfully will be over this stupid cold soon.

Old 10-05-2007, 05:31 PM   #125  

MRS262 - like Puncezilla said, Great to have you aboard - it is very reassuring to have someone here who has done this program and is coming back to it!

Puncie - I'd settle for even being 10% OP - I just can't seem to get my "want" back. I just need to buckle down... sigh.

Fit - where you at girl?

Shy - how's it going?

Keep up your good work ladies!
Old 10-05-2007, 07:29 PM   #126  
Mrs. Determined

S/C/G: 243/ /150

Hi Laura, Punce, Shy! And MRS262!!!

I have short days at work on Friday and I got bombarded! So I didn't get a chance to post as much as I wanted to earlier.
Other than that, I'm doing good, happy it's Friday!!

How are you all doing today, everybody try to stay on plan? Well, tomorrow is another day, no sweat!!

I'm happy I don't have to cook tonight, DH is going to order a pizza for himself and I'm having a Taco bake.

Well, I'm off to check out the other girls and then exercise. I'll check with you all tomorrow!

Have a great night!
FitinTime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2007, 02:58 PM   #127  
Hello Friend

I'm finaly back below my ticker weight (194.5) this morning. I ate SO much yesterday, I thought No way its gonna move. but it did. Yay.

Hang in there Laura, you'll get back on track. I sometimes have to ease my way back on.

Fit, How's your weekend going? I hope your having a good one.
Old 10-07-2007, 03:29 PM   #128  
Mrs. Determined

Hey, Way to go Punce!!! That is awesome! I really happy for you!
How's your weekend going to so far. I didn't have too much planned, I usually do my cooking for the week. MY husband bbq's a lot of meats so all I have to do is heat things up and make a veggie or salad. It seems by the time I get home, it's getting late already and I don't like eating late.
So that really helps!

Hi Laura, how are you! How's your weekend going for you, are you working hard to today or just taking it easy? For me it's a lazy day, I try not to do too much on Sunday's unless I absolutely have too. I'm slow cooking a roast right now, another meal to add to my week. Hope you'll have some good news on your weight loss, I know your time is coming Girl, just hang tough!

Hi Shy, how's it going for you so far, are you having a good weekend, what's left of it? How's your weight loss going? Hope you'll have some good news soon. Keep in touch and let us know how you're doing!

Hi MRS262, how are you doing today? Hope your day is going well and that you'll have good weight loss news too soon!

We'll get there, it may take time, but what have we got to do in the meantime? Hang in there Ladies!!
Old 10-09-2007, 06:12 AM   #129  

S/C/G: 268/251.1/200

Hey everyone..I've decided to give Atkins another try. I recently gave up after five days and tried to switch to WW. I realized that was a mistake, so I'm giving it yet another try. I'm getting a bit bored with my food selections so I'm off to look up some snack ideas and recipes.

Hope that everyone has a good week
mzradie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2007, 07:02 AM   #130  
Mrs. Determined

mzradie!

Good for you for starting back up again. You'll get the support you need here when you need it.

Try this website, www.genaw.com/lowcarb/recipes
It has really good recipes, I make alot from this website and I really like them alot. There's even induction foods and menus you can try. Carbs are already totaled. It's just a good guideline to know what to make.

Hi Laura how are you! Hope you'll have a good day today. Talk to you soon!

Hi Punce, how are yo doing today. Have a great day too! Talk to you later!
Old 10-09-2007, 12:50 PM   #131  
Hello Friend

Welcome mzradie! The first week or two can be hard but I'v discovered this is the only way for me to lose. Good for you trying again!

Fit, How's is going? I tried the link you posted and it wouldn't work. I love cooking on the BBQ. I use it almost everyday in summer, but It's getting cold here already and soon I'll have to start cooking indoors again. Thanks for your encouraging posts!

Laura, Hows it going? I hope your still here.
Old 10-09-2007, 02:15 PM   #132  
Mrs. Determined

Oh it's just, Linda's Low Carb Menus & Recipes. The same one we always use, hehe!

http://www.genaw.com/lowcarb/index.html

Last edited by FitinTime; 10-09-2007 at 02:15 PM.
Old 10-09-2007, 06:41 PM   #133  

Sorry for going MIA there a bit - it was just the Thanksgiving long weekend up here in Canada,so I was out and about doing family type things - needless to say, still not OP. However, god news, I haven't gained anything back. I'm still at 286. Thnak you everyone for checking up on me. I appreciate knowing that you guys are there for support.

Welcome mzradie! Good for you for making the commitment to Atkins again. We can do this!

Hope everyone had a good weekend, and that you are all working hard toward your goal. Don't give up!
Old 10-10-2007, 01:14 PM   #134  
Hello Friend

Laura, I'm glad you had a nice Thanksgiving weekend with your familly! You'll get back OP When you're ready. In the meantime you are maintaining. I'ts good to pracice maintaining .
How's it going Fit?

Today I have to go get blood tests for thyriod nothing special just the regular check up. I hate needles but can't put it off any longer.
I had a bit of a high carb day yesterday, my DH has been bugging me to make him spagetti so I did. I made it as LC as posible and had mine on asparagus instead of pasta, then I had about 1/2 a cup of PB for desert (not all at once) so I went over my carbs quite a bit. But I'm OK and not letting it get me off track. Normaly any little slip up turns into an excuse to binge.
Old 10-10-2007, 05:31 PM   #135  
Mrs. Determined

Hi Laura! Hi Punce!

Happy Thanksgiving Laura! You did good in maintaining, that's hard to do during the holidays, I'm proud of you!!

Needles Yuck!
Punce, that is a good idea serving spagetti sauce over aparagus! I'm going to do that too, that just sound so good right now. Have you ever tried those Shirataki noodles. They're supposed to be pretty good. I've tried them, you just have to rinse them really good in cold water and kind of cook them for a little while, then pour your red sauce over them.
Not too shabby. Only 3 carbs per serving or 2 if you subtract fiber.

Hang in there you two, the closer the Holiday's get the harder it's going to be, but we'll make it!!!