Old 05-24-2007, 05:11 PM   #1  
Finally Committed to ME!

S/C/G: 22/18/6-8

Height: 5'4 1/2"

Default PMSing On Atkins

I posted this over on the general support board, but thought it might be better over here, since all the "healthy" advice I'm getting over there would completely blow my carb count and my diet outta control.

OK.. so yesterday I was PMSing to the point that I wanted to damn the diet and eat everything I could find within a 3 mile radius. I managed to stave it off by buying a low carb "treat" that was still within the realm of my program, and satisfied my urge to splurge.

In addition to the treat, I definitely ate more than I usually would, but all no carb stuff... or very very low, and full of fiber, like broccoli...

Even so, I gotta tell ya, the urge was STRONG.. so strong I had thoughts of just completely scrapping the diet and all the progress I've made for the "pleasure" of eating total sugar garbage to the point where I would have likely become ill.

Today I'm fine. It was just PMS hormone abnormality...

Aaaah, the joys of being a woman.

How do y'all cope with that?
CarolynFL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2007, 07:44 PM   #2  
Lovin' Life

S/C/G: 300/too much/155

Hi Carolyn,

I pretty much do what you just described. But I leave any of the sugary (fake or otherwise) out. Simply because when I get like that, that fake sweet treat will send me into hoho ****. I tend to fill up on the low carb stuff, the calories are racked up....but Im full, the hormones are happy, and I make it thru.
RobinW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2007, 11:54 PM   #3  
Hello Friend

S/C/G: 230/205/140

Height: 5'7"

Make sure you are taking good vitamines, the only thing I'v noticed is I have to take more Calcium than before or I get bad cramps. I think your body just needs more vitamins and minerals than usual at that time of month. If you need a treat or a little extra food, It only lasts for a day or two so no big deal.
Puncezilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2007, 02:38 PM   #4  
Jabunney

S/C/G: 198.6/190.3/140

Height: 5'5

Thanks for this I have been going through this to and Puncezilla Thanks for that tip about the calcium I have had the worse cramps since being on this diet,...

As for my tip - Probably not a very good one I love the Russel Stovers Sugar free stuff, but it makes me gasy so I don't know which is better, To fight off the cravings while already being emotional OR being GASY!!!
jabunney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2007, 08:56 AM   #5  
Lovin' Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by jabunney View Post
A Russel Stovers Sugar free stuff, but it makes me gasy so I don't know which is better, To fight off the cravings while already being emotional OR being GASY!!!

Gasy? Gasy? OMG, I feel like Im going to explode, or shoot dh out of the bed with the power gas I get when I eat those things
Old 05-27-2007, 07:30 PM   #6  
Finally Committed to ME!

S/C/G: 22/18/6-8

Height: 5'4 1/2"

LOL! Thanks for your terrific responses! I love the Russel Stovers goodies too, but I keep em to a minimum... That's actually what I went and bought that day! Had a couple and returned to sanity. And talk about gassy! Woah! But they did the trick, and I'm willing to make the sacrifice.

I blogged about the PMS Munchies on my "shmena" blog, and some guy came and left a novel of a comment about food addiction and on and on and on, and I'm like, no.. dude!!!! it's PMS!!! Leave the drama for your mama, and go do some exercise. Course I didn't actually say that.... waited a couple days to let him have it...

Last edited by CarolynFL; 05-27-2007 at 07:36 PM. Reason: new info
CarolynFL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2007, 08:22 PM   #7  
Trying to find my way.

S/C/G: 244/220/145

Height: 5'2''

Dark Chocolate is supposed to be good. I am not fully into the WOE yet but I do remember (and still suffer from craving he**) and the chemicals of dark choc is suposed to reduce the cravings I can not remember what it is about it. I used to get the dark choc low carb bars so i would not feel bad about the munchies, and yes fill up on all the other things especially the water.
nasus40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2007, 09:54 PM   #8  
Lovin' Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarolynFL View Post
I blogged about the PMS Munchies on my "shmena" blog, and some guy came and left a novel of a comment about food addiction and on and on and on, and I'm like, no.. dude!!!! it's PMS!!! Leave the drama for your mama, and go do some exercise. Course I didn't actually say that.... waited a couple days to let him have it...
gotta love the men that think they know all the answers to everything
Old 05-30-2007, 07:02 AM   #9  

S/C/G: 247.6/236.0/135

Height: 5 ft 3 inches

Make the little "binges" an event. Set up at the dining table with a book. Eat slow. Load up the plate with "legal" foods for you. Or a bit of low carb chocolate and fruit with coffee or tea. Sit there and savor. That helps me sometimes.

Sometimes not. Then allow a mini binge. Ok, for 1 hour I eat whatever the H I want - then it's over. Usually I can stuff enough in 1 hour to get over it. Then it looks gross again and I'm back OP.

BTW, if you slip off plan don't scrap the whole thing. Pick yourself up, dust yourself and get back on again. Get going again right after by taking a walk - burning a few of those extra cals - or the next am. Just get back on track. Don't let it go.

I've also heard that your calorie needs go up slightly during those craving times. If you can tough it out you burn a little more calorie. Be tough and lose a little more wt that day.
Arkansas Kel is offline   Reply With Quote