3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Carb Counters (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/carb-counters-117/)
-   -   Fast Food (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/carb-counters/112714-fast-food.html)

707Goddess 05-15-2007 02:52 PM

Fast Food

Ok im stuck at work and have to grab something fast to eat I re-started a LOWER carb life style NOT aktins so any suggestion for fast food low carbs
HELP please and thank you
Michelle

jabunney 05-15-2007 03:20 PM

Fast Food suggestions,

Hey there I just thought that I would suggest Wendys, Taco salad without the chips... That is one of my favorite and really satisfying!!! :D Good luck!

Get n healthy 05-15-2007 04:11 PM

subway has a low carb wrap that is yummy

707Goddess 05-15-2007 04:17 PM

Thanks ladies but too late i was starving and F*&^k'd up and bought taco bell i swear this is so hard for me

Holdensmom 05-15-2007 04:34 PM

mc d's salad with grilled chicken , Wendy's chillis and a side salad. Jack in the box salad or grilled pita (rip off excess tortilla). Chick fila grilled chicken or grilled chicken club. Arby's salad's. Whataburger grilled chicken on a wheat bun.

Can you tell I eat out alot!!!

nelie 05-15-2007 05:48 PM

I don't eat out a lot but if you stick with veggies and grilled meats, you should be fine wherever you go. I even think a taco bell taco salad, sans shell and beans would've been ok.

Ok actually I eat out once a week but some people eat out every day :) I'm currently cutting out some carbs although I'm not going as low as atkins induction or anything. I plan to eat out at one of my favorite restaurants this Saturday and even though I don't know the exact menu, I know I can find something that fits into my program.

It really depends on your personal goals though.

Leenie 05-16-2007 09:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nelie (Post 1696315)
I don't eat out a lot but if you stick with veggies and grilled meats, you should be fine wherever you go.

If your following Atkins you still need to be careful because they can marinade meats or use spices which can add up to unwanted carbs. It can also be tricky if their meats are not 100% meat and they use fillers. Try to check the websites nutritional info b/4 indulging :)

nelie 05-16-2007 06:28 PM

Leenie, true :)

I was just thinking though if you aren't doing something like Atkins induction, then you can be a little more lenient. I figure marinated meat and veggies is still better than something obviously carby like bread or pasta. Of course it does depend on someones individual goals and how strict they are with their carb levels.

707Goddess 05-16-2007 06:38 PM

Ye4ah im not doing the strick just cutting back
thanks ladies these have helped

NightElf 05-17-2007 02:56 PM

You can find the nutritional information for most fast food places online now days, which is great.

For example,

McD's:
4 piece nuggets is 10 carbs
6 piece nuggets is 15 carbs
1 package of apple dippers (no sauce) is 8 carbs

Wendy's:
Fish sandwich w/o bun is 19 carbs

Burger King:
Fish sandwich w/o bun is 18 carbs

I didn't put the burgers and chicken on this list as you can usually toss the bun and get the grilled chicken or hamburger for very little carbs.

Arkansas Kel 05-18-2007 02:36 PM

OK, my latest discovery - taco bell steak tacos. I ask for them no shell in a bowl - 2 of them. I don't remember exactly the carb count but it can be found on the website and it's quite low!

slimdownmomof2 05-28-2007 09:30 AM

I've found I can eat at most fast food places too, McDonald's grilled chicken bacon ranch salad is really good, or I'll have a taco salad at Taco bell or just a hamburger without the bun. Carl's Junior's low carb burger is yummy. :)

Arkansas Kel 05-30-2007 07:08 AM

OH, and Hardees low carb breakfast bowl - 4 net carbs - breakfast is hard to find at fast food for low carb.

mtnheart 06-04-2007 10:54 PM

I love to request low-carb, put it in a bowl specials at Taco Bell. I swear they give you twice as much as when they stuff it in a shell. :D

My favorite is Baja Steak Chalupas. Their taco salad is pretty disappointing though.

BTW Hardees in my area has finally introduced side salads as a combo choice. It has shredded lettuce, lots of cheese, onions, and tomatoes. I love Hardees low carb foods, but always wanted just a little more and the side salad is perfect.