3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Carb Counters (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/carb-counters-117/)
-   -   New to Atkins (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/carb-counters/109899-new-atkins.html)

rdhdgrl1 04-15-2007 11:39 AM

New to Atkins

Hi ladies-
Today is my first day of induction. I have a few questions. I have the Atkins for Life book, is it just as good as the New Diet Revolution book? I plan on checking that one out as soon as It comes back to my library but I need to get started now. Also as far as salad dressing goes, can I use Hidden Valley Ranch? Sugar is the 4th or 5th ingredient but it only has 2 carbs, so I wasn't sure about that one.
I'm very excited to get started. I have been on a low-carbish plan before but it was different than Atkins. I guess I never tried Atkins because of all the bashing it got, which I feel is a shame because if you read the book, it really is healthy. It's not no carb as alot of people tend to think. I'm so totally addicted to sugar. I know this will help me get control over my eating habits. Congratulations to all of you who are doing so well on this plan. I will be posting more now that I have a plan to follow. I haven't been following any plan for a long time now and I haven't been here in a while. I'm really glad I picked the book up a few days ago. I feel very hopeful about the plan.
I don't plan on using the bars or anything that the website says you can use now. I plan on just doing the old fashioned induction paln that is in the book. I know these products would set me up for cravings and aren't as nutritious as the veggies. Okay well I'm just babbling here. Hope to get to know you all and very excited to work this plan.

bargoo 04-15-2007 12:21 PM

Welcome! You have gotten the most important aspect, Atkins is not no carb, but lo carb.Let's face it , carbs are where the calories are.I understand exactly about being addicted to sugar, I am the same way.I always say that if I am ever sentanced to the electric chair my last meal will be a hot fudge sundae,

bargoo 04-15-2007 12:28 PM

P.S Did you read about the Stanford Study?They compared several diets and found Atkins the most effective.

pacemomof4 04-15-2007 01:15 PM

Hey guys. Can I join you??? I just started atkins again for the first time in 7 years!!! I did really well on it before. I lost about 60 lbs in 1999. I slowly started making bad choices again and gained it all back through the years and here I am again. I did weight watchers for a long time and did well with it, but never really lost what I wanted to. WW worked it was just me. So I thought I would give Atkins a try again. I was very active on 3fc several months ago on the WW threads, but got lazy and stopped. I need help, support and advice. I want to give that to whoever needs it as well. My tracker is not correct. I weigh about 178 now. So here I go again!!!! I need help with this weight loss journey!!!!!

Dropzofjupiter29 04-15-2007 04:11 PM

welcome! im new here too. Im on my 3rd day of induction. Ive never actually read the atkins book. Ive read thru it some when i was at the book store. But Alot of the regular foods or atkins brand stuff that they make, i really cant stand the taste of! So I just stear clear of it. I lost about 70 lbs 3 years ago doing it my way. Different ways seem to work for different people! Good luck!

pacemomof4 04-15-2007 05:08 PM

:wave: Hey good luck to you too. I just got back from the store buying chicken, cheese, jello, and stuff like that. Beef jerky too. That is a good snack. I have never tried any of the atkins foods. I will take your word for it. Most of that stuff is over priced and yucky!!!! I know that if I can make it through the first couple of weeks I can do it. I have before. Sounds like you were really successful before at it too. Anyway it was nice talking to you. Hope to talk to you again soon. Much luck. -Paula :D

JerseyGyrl 04-15-2007 06:22 PM

Welcome!!

:wel3fc:

You've come to a great place for advice, support & encouragement!!!

You CAN do this!!!

All the best to you!!!

Kim

pacemomof4 04-15-2007 06:28 PM

Thanks a bunch Kim!!!!

rdhdgrl1 04-16-2007 09:38 AM

Looks like there are a few of us starting Atkins. Hello to everyone. I'm going to post in the weekly chat thread. Hope to see you all around here.

pacemomof4 04-17-2007 11:24 PM

Hey guys! How is everyone?? I am doing good. Tomorrow will be my 4th day on Atkins. I have lost 2 lbs of water retention so far. I had to sneak a peek at the scales, but I am not going to weigh again until next week. Today I really noticed a big change in myself. I feel good. I am thinking more clearly. I just really feel good about all this. I think the sugar and all the other junk I was eating was clouding my mind and making me feel like really bad. Hope everyone is doing and feeling good too. I will talk to you guys in the next few days. Take care!!