3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Carb Counters (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/carb-counters-117/)
-   -   Looking for friends to take the Atkins journey with (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/carb-counters/109494-looking-friends-take-atkins-journey.html)

zinawarriorforGod 04-10-2007 12:07 PM

Looking for friends to take the Atkins journey with

I am 42 year old female. I did Atkins about 2 years ago and went from a size 20W to a 14. I was at a stand still for about 3 months and gave up. I originally started Atkins because my friend was getting married and I did not want to be the fat bridesmaid. My brother was doing Atkins and lost a lot of weight. So I did it and lost the weight I wanted to for the wedding. Again I got discouraged because of the stand still. Well 2 years later and I am a size 18. In September I am getting married and I don't want to be the fat bride. So I am starting Atkins again. I really don't go by the scales. Realistically I will be happy to be a size 12. I am looking for some friends to go on the weight loss journey with. People male or female that would like to share the good and bad. I will check in everyday. If you are interested let me know and if not thanks for visiting. Zina

lady_adnerb 04-10-2007 06:41 PM

Zina, you've come to the right place for weight loss friends. THe people here are AMAZING!! Come join us on the weekly chat. It's where we "hang out". Welcome :)

Dropzofjupiter29 04-15-2007 04:14 PM

Hi zina! id love to have someone to check in with every day. it really helps keep u motivated. I used to have an atkins buddy on another board when i did this diet 3 years ago. If u have yahoo or aim u can find me there :) Looks like their is a lot of support on this site. I like it here!

ThinMeWantsOut 04-15-2007 04:17 PM

Hey Dropz and Zina -- I'm just starting again with Atkins, too. I'd love to have some extra accountability as well. We know this works -- so let's help each other along the way!

Dropzofjupiter29 04-15-2007 04:20 PM

hi thinmewantsout! welcome :)

zinawarriorforGod 04-16-2007 10:12 AM

Hi Dropzofjupiter29, Dropzofjupiter29, Thank you for responding. I am doing Atkins and it is hard to find small support groups to check in with. But I would love to be buddies with you two. I am getting ready for my daycare right now but just wanted to touch base with you. Have a great day and I will check in later. Zina

Dropzofjupiter29 04-16-2007 03:29 PM

i am also in child care! Thats pretty cool :)

zinawarriorforGod 04-17-2007 10:53 AM

How is everyone today? I hope all well. I love doing home daycare. Not only do I get to care and love other children, but I don't have to worry about who is watching mine. The parents are wonderful. Do you work in your home or at a center? Well I will go for now my kids are comming. Take care and have a blessed day. Zina

Dropzofjupiter29 04-17-2007 12:27 PM

i was working as a nanny. My last family no longer needs my services. So looking for another job now. I may be taking a regular job. I have interviews today eeeeek. So im gonna be on the road most of today. I gotta stick to my diet today! ahhh!!!!!!! So far so good. I had the munchies sooo bad yesterday. So i ate a couple hard boiled eggs lol. Hope everyone has a great day today :)

zinawarriorforGod 04-18-2007 02:36 PM

I hope your job interviews went well. I hate job interveiws. I still get interveiewed by parents to bring their children to my home. But it is not so bad because I am on my own territory. If that makes sense. I have been doing ok on Atkins till night then I want ice cream or something sweet. I have bought the low carb candies, they seem to help. Well I will go for now, let me know how the job hunting went. Zina

Dropzofjupiter29 04-18-2007 02:52 PM

last night was the worst for me!! i was craving sweets soooooo bad. i went and got a spoonful of sugar free cool whip lol. About 1 carb there. But it helped lol. My interview went ok. Today i have another one. This guy is a real stickler too. The agency has sent 20 people over and he hasnt been happy yet. So we will see how that goes eeeeeek. If i land that i almost want to celebrate with an ice cream sundae! ha ha. Maybe ill just settle for some sugar free low carb cookies. MMM yummy!

pacemomof4 04-18-2007 05:05 PM

Hello everyone!!!! I am on my 4th day of Atkins and I must say I feel great!!!! I will be glad to be buddies with all of you!!!! Hey Zina and Droptz, I work at a center. I teach 2 yr olds. Challenging, but I love it. I worked at my friends family childcare home for 3 yrs. Then my friend was offered a position to be a Director at a center and we both work there now. I must say I like a center, but the fcch to me was much better. Lower ratios. You can give the kids more of your attention, when you have less. Anywhoo, nice to meet you all. Have a great day!!!!!!

Dropzofjupiter29 04-18-2007 07:46 PM

Hi pace! thats cool all of us working with children! he he. I just got a new job today tho. Working at a hotel! Im really excited cuz i wanted something graveyard with good pay. And now i got it! I start tomorrow. Im on my 5th day of atkins. So were about at the same! your 12 lbs has that been since u just started? The first 2 weeks are nuts cuz so much comes off! But i luv it!he he. Im down 10 since i weighed on friday morning.

pacemomof4 04-19-2007 07:07 PM

I have lost about 4 lbs. The 12 lbs was doing weight watchers. Hey congrats on your loss!!! 10 lbs!!! That's awesome!!!! Keep up the good work!!!!!! I am going on my 6th day tomorrow and it has been really good so far. I am past having the headache and the grouchiness. I haven't been craving sweets. (Those darn kids and their snacks!!) I thought being around the kids at daycare I would do like normal and eat everything in sight. Daycare is where I put all my weight on. Eating nervously constantly. I love my job, but it can be very stressful!!! You know about all that!!! I hope to talk to you soon. Keep on trucking chick!!!! You r doing great!!!!!!!!! -Paula

Leenie 04-21-2007 07:38 AM

:welcome: Zina & Dropz & Pacemom

Natalie03 04-23-2007 03:07 PM

Hi everyone! I'm Natalie and I'm just starting out too (I'm on day 9) and I've lost 7 pounds so far. I'd love to have some people to check in with as well! :) I tried this diet about 7 years ago and it was a success...up until a few years after I stopped! I hope to find even more success and be able to stick with it for the long term this time around!

I'm very excited to have found others going through the same thing! My best wishes are with all of you. We can do it!

Natalie

pacemomof4 04-23-2007 09:00 PM

Hey Natalie! Congratulations on your loss!!!! I have been doing Atkins again too, for 8 days and have lost 7 lbs. I also did Atkins several years ago and was successful with it. My energy level is through the roof. I feel like way better. Don't you???? Anyway it is nice to meet you and I hope to talk to ya again really soon. Continued good luck and success!!!! Take care! -Paula

Natalie03 04-24-2007 06:32 PM

Hi Paula! It's so strange, I seem to be exactly where you are. At first I was VERY tired all of the time, but just in the last day I've had this incredible burst of energy also. I'm feeling pretty great right now! I can't wait until I can fit into my old jeans! I haven't gotten to the next pant size yet. :( But I do feel much better!

Thanks for your response! :) Hope your diet is still going well!

Natalie

pacemomof4 04-24-2007 08:07 PM

Hey Natalie! Have you started exercising yet??? I haven't been really. Just little walks and some yard work. I hope to start soon. I chewed a piece of big red gum today and it has got my sugar levels out of whack. I have been kinda hungry. I haven't given in to the urge. I will not chew big red again any time soon!!! Funny how something as small as gum can mess up what you have going on. That was the only thing I did differently, so there lays the blame, I guess. I don't know too much of all the technical stuff that goes along with Atkins so I am just guessing. I do feel great though. The first couple of days was headache city. That was probably caffeine withdrawls and sugar withdrawls. After that it has been smooth sailing, so far. I am staying positive, just simply because I am feeling really good these days. I think about how terrible I used to feel. So tired and grumpy and etc. I don't want to go there again. Anyway hope you are doing great and keep up the good work!!!!! I know exactly what you are talking about with the jeans. Mine are fitting better, but still a little snug!!!! Take care!!!*hugs* -Paula

Natalie03 04-25-2007 01:37 AM

No :( I haven't been doing hardly any excercise at all! That's probably my biggest problem. I've given myself the excuse that I have too much work right now to excercise. I'm going to have to really force myself to wake up early and excercise. I get a little discouraged after resisting SO many things that I'd love to eat, and after a day of fish and a little beef, I step on the scale and I've only lost 0.8 of a pound! :( (I'm sort of an obsessive weigher). Maybe I'm expecting too much. Or probably, I just need to get that excercise in!

You know, I almost had a piece of gum today without thinking. Luckily I caught myself, because that sounds awful! I'm trying to stick to this pretty strictly. I'm not sure if "sugar free" gum has the same effect?

pacemomof4 04-25-2007 09:09 PM

Hey Natalie! How r u??? Today I am not doing so well. Cravings like crazy. I didn't give in. Though I wanted to several times. I am the same about the weighing. I am doing everything the same and still haven't lost not one more pound. I have been trying to stay encouraged and continue to tell myself that I am not going to lose this weight as quickly as I put it on. I am sorta obsessed with the scale too. I think that is what is my problem!!! I agree about the exercise thing too. I am just beat when I get home. I work in a daycare center and I have 11 two yr. olds!!! I chase those little guys all day long!!! Today I wanted to eat graham crackers, but did not!!! Graham crackers for goodness sake!!! Yesterday I was drooling over tomato soup and grilled cheese!!! What is up with that??? Of all the wonderful food in the world. I think it is just pms. Yesterday I blamed it on the gum. Who knows!!! I just refuse to give into this!!!! Not gonna happen!!! I have come to far. I know it is working. I feel lots better, despite the cravings for sugar or soup or whatever. You know in the book it does say not to get discouraged when you are not losing according to the scale. Because you are probably losing inches. Gaining muscle. Thanks for letting me vent.(like you had a choice!lol) Anywhoo, heres to a good day tomorrow!!!!! Take care and don't let yourself get down about the scale. Read the book, seriously. You will feel lots better. *hugs* -Paula

Natalie03 04-27-2007 05:09 AM

Hi Paula! I'm definitely with you on the cravings! Some days I crave sugar SO badly. I have the worst sweet tooth. I've even checked out those "low-carb" ice creams, which didn't seem so low to me, so I had to resist them. :( Other than that though, I haven't been craving my regular food so badly. I understand that graham cracker craving though. I watched my boyfriend eat a waffle today and I was just drooling over it. I don't even like waffles! I've been eating a lot of fish lately and that seems to excelerate my weight loss a little. I had a pretty great day today. I dug out some old clothes that haven't fit in years and they actually fit me! I went a little overboard though and went through several boxes of old clothes, trying on everything. It's a little crazy, but it felt SO good!
I hope your diet is going really well too! :)

Lovemylife 04-27-2007 08:32 AM

Hello all. I will try to post on here everyday, but I work weekends(long hours) and am very tired when I get home. This place is great!! I am on day 4 of induction, whew, finally past that induction flu feeling (I think..) and feeling good this morning.

Natalie03 04-30-2007 09:07 PM

Hi Love, welcome! Good luck with your diet! I hope it's going well for you! :)

Natalie

CapeCodIdeas 05-01-2007 01:36 PM

Re-starting Atkins

:cool: Hi Zina, (and everyone else!) I too, am re-starting Atkins. I am 45 and the same height as you, 5' 8". I know what you mean about being the fat bridesmaid. I had always been slender and when I got married in 1999, I weighed just a shade over 140, at a very satisfying size 10-12. I'm not looking to be a walking stick figure, but 145-150 is my goal weight. I decided that this would be my last summer, feeling as though I am fat. I spend a lot of time pulling at the front of my shirt to hide the fat roll (like this helps!) and going through summer clothes thinking "I wish I could wear that". We just moved to Cape Cod and I am hoping that the beach atmosphere and the fact that I will host many warm weather visitors will be inspiration enough. :beach: I am of course, starting to exercise. I'm going to begin with walking and work my way up to yoga and pilates, both of which I really enjoy. :yoga: I am quite possibly in the worst shape of my life and I want to change all that. I think women at this age either look their very best or start on the downslide to fat and old. I'm going to try my best to be my best! Let's do this!! K. :)

NightElf 05-17-2007 01:45 PM

I've recently started back on Atkins myself.

First time around (years ago), I lost 72 lbs in 1 year. Maintained for a year or so (around a year and a half), then got careless and gained everything back plus some over the last few years.

So, I started back on Monday (May 14th) with a more serious attitude about it.

Puncezilla 05-17-2007 03:21 PM

Hi NightElf, Welcome to the board . Feel free to join our weekly chat, We love to have new people. Good luck with induction. Let us know how you are doing, there are lots of supportive people here.

jabunney 05-18-2007 09:29 AM

Newbie to would love to make friends!

Hey Dropz and Zina and Paula and Pacemom and ThinMeWantsOut and EVERYONE, -- I'm just starting again with Atkins, too since Sunday May 13th and I'd love to have some extra accountability as well, I have never ever ever told anyone how much I have weighed and it is scary for me. I know this works because I have done it before but now I am back As of today I am down 10.6 in 5 days, I am scared, and worried, but also exstatic!!*(bad speller)* I am there for anyone just want to make some new friends to...let's help each other along the way! --- Jamie :dance: :goodscale