Lovin' Life

S/C/G: 300/too much/155

Default Weekly Chat April 2-8th/07

Good Morning
RobinW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2007, 10:28 AM   #2  
Baby Steps

Morning Robin

Well, the weekend was ok. I need to quit the snacking. It's ridiculous. I also didn't work on getting the water in. Talked to DH and told him I need to start exercising. So I'm hoping that he keeps me accountable. I'm going to try and get the DD's to exercise with me this week. Well, we're also going to be cleaning the house..so that alone is exercise as well
lady_adnerb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2007, 10:42 AM   #3  
lilybelle

S/C/G: 234/142/145

Height: 5'7

Hi Robin and Brenda,

Not much new here. Tons of yard work and gardening. My eating has been on plan for last few days so this much is good.

Brenda, I'm gonna try to get my DD to go for walks with me too.
lilybelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2007, 11:41 AM   #4  
Potter Researcher

S/C/G: 298/250/170

Height: 5'7"

Hello everybody! I hope that you're all doing well!

I've been AWOL a bit from here, but have still been pushing away at the LC eating. There have been a few set backs along the way, like getting sick and having a weekend slightly off-plan that messed up my ketosis and had me craving like mad for a week, and finding out that my scale was reading 5 lbs too little. So I actually started 5 lbs higher than I thought and felt as if I had to lose the same 5 lbs over again. I know it's not the same as having re-gained weight and back tracking, but it sure felt like it!

Oh well... it's another Monday and another chance at starting a whole new positive week!

Have a great day Ladies!

Barb
Phoenix Song is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2007, 12:57 PM   #5  
Hello Friend

S/C/G: 230/205/140

Height: 5'7"

Good morning
It's snowing here again this morning. I'v been feeling a little discouraged lately, I feel like I have so much to lose and its going to take forever. I'm sure everyone feels this way and I shouldn't let it get to me. My scale has been jumping up and down a lot so this morning I got on and it read 208 so I stepped off then back on again and it was at 211 so I tried a third time and got 209 and it's a new scale. Time to stop letting those numbers get to me.
I will be going to my parents place for a few weeks after Easter and it will be hard but I'm going to stay op. I am feeling a little stressed about it. and stress makes me feel like snacking and I'v been wanting to eat chocolate like crazy. well enough of my big whine. My Mom & Dad & Grandma are comming tomorrow to stay a few days so I have to go clean my house. I'll be back later when I'm in a better mood.
Puncezilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2007, 01:29 PM   #6  
beachbum

Hi Ladies

It was pouring cats & dogs this morning . Looks like April has arrived with there showers.

Not doing to much today as Rainy Days & Mondays...... like the song says. The only thing on schedule is menu planning and wash day.

Have one more week for my Lenten Challenge [5 lb off] to work. I have so far 2 lbs gone. Shouldn't be too disappointed. Every little bit counts.

Robin-Thanks for starting us up.

Brenda-I'm another snacker,don't have any problems with snacking during the day it
just at night while watching TV. Was going to make some smoothies or milk shakes to keep my tummy full,with all those bubbles in the two snacks. Or go back to protein like deli meats or peanutbutter. Sending you some

Lily-Have to wait another month before I can work in my garden. Have to go on my bike,as the weather is co-operating today.

Barb-Sending you also. Sorry about the same 5 lbs back and forth. Something is going to give. Its not so easy to stay OP when the weekend comes. I go off myself,like Sat Nite watching cable movies got me snacking all night.

puncezilla-SNOW whats that, & I'm complaining about rain. You probably have a diginal scale. I don't like those,I have a waist high doctor scale that is quite accurate. I just have to make sure the balance beam is in the center. Don't get depressed we're all in the same boat rocking back & forth. The stupid scale will finally move downward. I have Hersey S/F mini DARK chocolates just in case that get the sweet tooth cravings return. Other wise I hide them away.

Hugs BB
beach bum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2007, 02:16 PM   #7  
lilybelle

Hi ladies, I went out to work more in my flower beds and I am just flat too sore. My neck and back got to hurting too much, so after 2 hrs. I came in to clean my kitchen. I suppose my water heater pilot light is out because I have no hot water on that end of the house. The other 2 bathrooms have hot water and are on a separate water heater.

We found a small snake in our driveway. Yikes, I thought it was too early for snakes.

Puncezilla, OMG, snow. It's 83 degrees here. BTW, my screwy scale will give 3 different readings too if I get on it 3 times. Now, I just take the first reading and let it go at that.

Phoenix, I think I need a new scale too. But, I'm still using this old one. My Dr. 's scale always weighs me a couple lbs. higher, but of course, I'm dressed at his office, so I don't listen to his scale. LOL.
Old 04-02-2007, 03:03 PM   #8  

Height: 5'2"

Hello--hope everyone had a good weekend!

I did my first weigh-in this morning, and I'm down 4lbs. I thought I would be down more. I worked-out four days this week, but I did cheat twice and have beer. At least the scales shows something---my pants don't feel any looser!

Blah...I think I'm going to forget the scale for a few weeks. I was feeling great about myself until I stepped on it.

Have a nice day everyone

Getupandgo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2007, 10:51 PM   #9  
lilybelle

getupandgo, WTG on the 4 lbs. That is great.

Well after my 2 hrs. of clearing flower beds this morning, I took a long nap. Woke refreshed and cooked our dinner. Then went outside and gave 2 more hrs. in the flower beds. I just now finished my shower and am exhausted and ready for rest.

Hope everyone had a great day.
Old 04-03-2007, 06:13 AM   #10  
Still Fighting

S/C/G: 284/281/270

Morning all!
Spent time working in my garden, boy am i out of shape! It wore me out...ive got tomatoes, okra, squash, and lots of peppers. Ive got a few strawberry plants to put in as well..just have to decide where to put 'em.
Did well yesterday...im using fitday to keep me accountable and boy, its surprising how many carbs some foods have!
Im packing chicken for lunch as well as two cream chesse muffins for breky later...i may go down to the cafeteria at work and get a sausage as well....
Everyone have a great day!!
Jae
jaesueray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2007, 07:55 AM   #11  

Height: 5'2"

I bought those Keritone Strips yesterday. I'm going to try and use these to stay on track. I've heard some skeptism regarding them, so I'll be on my toes when using them.

Lily and Jai: I'm so jealous of your gardening! What a great way to exercise outside! It sounds like both of you are going to have fantastic food...not to mention your hands full!

I'll be back later...if not, have a good day everyone!

Getupandgo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2007, 09:28 AM   #12  
lilybelle

Hi ladies, Well as most of you know I switched to counting calories about 3 months ago after losing all my wt. doing Atkins. I had stayed at 141 lbs. for about the first 6 months of maintenance. This morning I'm at 146 and I'm re-starting day 1 of Atkins. I don't know if I can take these 5 lbs. back off , but I figure it's worth a shot. I'm very frustrated right now. I'm getting more exercise than ever before and I'm gaining not losing and hungry all the time. So out with the bread and in with the protein. I know I had so much trouble before with severe stomach pain/constipation and I hope this won't be the case again. I plan to severely restrict cheese to see if this helps. Maintenance for me is sheer torture and I can't seem to find that happy medium where I'm satisfied with my food plan and not gaining wt. I'll keep you all posted. I'm gonna wait and weigh 1 week from today.

My DD wants to lose wt. before prom so she started induction today too. She had lost wt. with Atkins and then went back to eating whatever she wanted and regained it all plus a few more. Right now she is depressed because she couldn't fit into one of my skirts (size 6) the other day. Maybe this will spur her to start taking walks with me again. I can Hope.

GetupandGo, I'm excited about my veggie garden. Even on Atkins, I'll be able to eat a lot of the fresh veggies that I have planted. The other night I made a stir fry with olive oil, green beans and fresh squash and onions, it was so good.
Old 04-03-2007, 11:26 AM   #13  
lilybelle

I feel a little better now. I had gotten the 146 reading after eating BF and having 2 cups of coffee. 3 hrs. later my wt. is 144 lbs. which is a little better. I still want to see my ticker wt. again. Hoping Atkins will help me like it did before. I need some of that willpower dust.
Old 04-03-2007, 12:01 PM   #14  

Lily, Hope the Atkins plan helps you. I know what you mean about hunger. Do you think it could still be the prednisone? Seems like after a few years your body would get used to it. I wish I could do Atkins but with my kidney problems it's probably not a good idea. I was shocked when my creatinine was normal at my last blood test...that's a first in 2 yr. Have you ever tried the Atkins Enduldge bars? The coconut has 8grm fiber.
carolr3639 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2007, 12:04 PM   #15  
lilybelle

carol, I did try an Atkins coconut bar before. I plan to get more atkins bars for after induction. I also am planning to get that soy milk that you recommended to help my fiber intake. Benefiber is also on my list to buy.