Old 04-04-2007, 07:37 PM   #31  

Hello All,

Hope everyone is having a good week so far. I'm still sticking to the plan (Atkins) fairly well (a week and 2 days), although I am not doing perfect induction eating. I can tell my clothes fitting slightly better, but the biggest change is in my energy with walking and moving in general.

Getup: I can understand where you are coming from with getting discouraged with the scale. I really have to focus on the other benefits I am getting from this way of eating. Losing 4 pounds is great, so congrats on that. One thing that has kept things in perspective for me is reading other success stories and seeing how long it has taken them to lose their weight. It helps me understand that I can't expect to lose 80 pounds in a week or even a month! :-) Hang in there and know that you are doing something better for your body and health overall.

Have a good Thursday everyone!

Julie
LadyJulieAnn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2007, 01:30 AM   #32  
lilybelle

S/C/G: 234/142/145

Height: 5'7

Hi everyone, I got my corn and squash all planted today. Plus got 9 hedges planted and 5 more still to plant. Bought a bunch of marigolds to plant near my little decorative well house. Now that almost everything is planted, it's supposed to freeze tomorrow night. I must be quite a lousy farmer, LOL. I'm gonna cover my bell pepper and tomato plants to try to keep them from freezing. Dang it.

My re-start of induction didn't work today either. My 14 yr. old SD is here for her spring break. Her constant snacking had me munching junk before this day was done.
lilybelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2007, 06:33 AM   #33  
Still Fighting

S/C/G: 284/281/270

Morning everyone!!
today is my last day to work this week....love a 3 day weekend.

It is cold here this morning...45, then it will drop to freezing..i will be out there covering my plants too, right along with lilybelle

Hope to see my grandson for a while tommarrow, he is growing so fast and getting so big..he is 7 months old now and changing every day...

I am pretty proud of myself this week! Ive not done perfect, but more importantly, Im not caving in when i dont do perfect, make sense? I am eating better than i have in months, i feel more energy, my knee isnt hurting and i have resolve....everyone have a great day and a wonderful Easter!!

Jae
jaesueray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2007, 01:11 PM   #34  
lilybelle

Jae, it's 40 degrees here with a low expected of 29 tonite. Guess we better get our plants covered.

So far, so good. I'm back on track this morning. Like Jae, my eating isn't perfect, but I do have the resolve to not give up.
Old 04-05-2007, 01:15 PM   #35  

S/C/G: 198/170/130

Height: 5'3

Jae- congrats on keeping things going.

Lily-You are a motivation to me. I have seen your story on goals many times. I think it is awesome you are still at it.

I am on day 3 of eating better so far so good
Nikki128 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2007, 02:18 PM   #36  
beachbum

Hi Ladies

Don't know if I told you the results of my test on last Friday. I have the BIG O [ Osteoporsis & Osteopenia]

The doctor put me on Actonel. Don't know too much about it,so I have to look up on the web. I have both of them. Big O in my forearm & hip and penia in my spine[lower back]. . The doctor gave me 3 choices Actonel[1 pill per week] and other pill[ every day] a nasil spray and the last whenit very bad a injection. I took the first.I understand they are tricky.Some one on another board posted that I shouldn't bend after taking the pill,another one told me my to sit too long either as they might make me dizzy.I'm going to start my pills on Sunday.Have to read up on them.

Will be back later

Hugs BB

Last edited by beach bum; 04-06-2007 at 08:36 AM.
beach bum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2007, 02:20 PM   #37  

BB-

Good luck with the pills BB. I usually try not to look at the warning associated with pills because then I worry about them so much.

Nikki
Old 04-05-2007, 04:22 PM   #38  
lilybelle

BB, I hope the pills can help you. Sorry to hear that you have the Big O. Hopefully you won't have to have the injections. Keep us informed of how you are doing.

Nikki, thanks for the support. I plan to always Be at This.
Old 04-05-2007, 04:31 PM   #39  

I suppose that is the only way to do it Lily
Old 04-05-2007, 04:53 PM   #40  
Baby Steps

Why is it, when the scale goes down, I sabotage myself...when the scale doesn't move, I sabotage myself. It's a no-win situation! I'm going to do my best to hold my own, then restarting on Monday. Then I won't have to beat myself up if I don't stay OP for Easter. GRR
lady_adnerb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2007, 06:41 AM   #41  
Still Fighting

S/C/G: 284/281/270

Good morning ladies!

What a diference a day makes...its 38 and windy here this morning, very wintery. I talked myself out of buy some off plan foods yesterday, i was hungry and groc shopping,,,bad combo, but i didnt let the "bad" voices in my head take over..that was really big for me, huge matter of fact.

My groc store had cream cheese 3/100 so im gonna try cooking one of the many cheese cake reciepes today. My grandson will be over later as well, so all in all nothing big planned, just a nice day off. maybe me and hubby can catch a movie later.

Niki - congrats on day 3! and thanks for the support.

lillybelle - you have done such a fantastic job with your weight loss, WTG!..didnt get those plants covered up, good thing they were cheap

beach bum - sorry about the diagosis, but good that the doc has given you some choices in your treatment.

ladya - a fresh start always gives me a new perspective, dont beat yourself up, k?

Have a good day!!
Jae
jaesueray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2007, 07:54 AM   #42  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Height: 5' 10"

Hi girlies, just popping in to say hello and Happy Good Friday.

Leenie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2007, 08:39 AM   #43  

Jae- Let us know how the cheese cake comes out.

Leenie- Happy Good Friday to you too.

Do any of you know if crystal light is ok on Atkins? I drink between 32-96 ounces of water a day depending if I have to sit in class. If I have class I can't go to the bathroom as much as I would ned to drinking 96 ounces. Anyway, like to have crystal light with my dinner. Do you think that wll be ok? I went shoping yesterday and got meats, cheeses, and veggies so I am ready for Monday when I go atkins

thanks,
Nikki
Old 04-06-2007, 09:14 AM   #44  
beachbum

Good Morning Ladies

W-I this AM and I maintained,was really looking for a loss but it didn't happen. Hope I can put a dent in the numbers the scale is dishing out.

I have been low carbing between-24-29grm this week and I believe I have to bring them to a little higher range of 30-34 grams..Lost when I was hanging around the 30;s than I have with the 20's.

Changed my date for taking my new meds from Sunday to Mon. I was thinking if the side effects are that bad Mon the doctors office is opened compare to with the weekends.

Nikki-Thanks I hope along with the side effects one of them is weight gain.

Lily-Thanks for your support. I hate taking meds I rather have the natural stuff,but if it works that all it matters.

Brenda-Please don't beat yourself up,we've all been there.Sending your cyper hugs I still trying to figure out how many carbs I should have in a day. I was in a Lenten Challenge on another board and I was doing so good lost 3 lbs and than gained it back by add too few carbs. I now going to play with a higher range and see what happens.

Jae-Its hard to decide what your really want at any holiday. I going to make a traditional German Dinner for Easterbut going to stay away from the candy this year,even the sugar free. For dessert I'm going to serve berries & cool whip. Have you cheese cake and when Easter is over go back OP. I can't believe how cold we're having up here on the Cape. The wind is blowing don't think I will be walking in this,until it subsides a little. Thanks for your support, I have a wonderful doctor that always listen to me,and he thinks this was the best choice.

Leenie-Thanks for the greeting,and thank the moderator that added the Easter Smilies and the others I looked though them this morning and it put a smile to my face. Thanks

Have a great morning,will post this afternoon

Hugs BB
beach bum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2007, 10:50 AM   #45  
lilybelle

Hi everyone, It is in the 30's here. I am freezing and my heater is back on. I did go out and cover my tomato and bell pepper plants last night. I hope they will be OK.

We went to a fish buffet place last night, needless to say, my eating wasn't totally OP , but could have done a lot worse than I did. So, back to plan today and back to exercise.