Old 03-28-2007, 03:19 PM   #16  
Hello Friend

S/C/G: 230/205/140

Height: 5'7"

Lily, "cake retention" I must admit I have also had dreams about eating cake and other sweets, quite frequently.Your garden sounds wonderful I wish I lived farther south, I love gardening but the season is to short here to grow that much variety.

Robin, "Upper butt" This is a "huge" aria of concern for me I call it my
muffin-top.

Getupandgo, Welcome! Glad you are joining our little group!

Jae, If we were perfect life would be boring! I love my crock pot, its so nice to have something ready when you come home hungry.

Brenda, Stick with it, don't get discouraged with the little ups and downs.

Beachbum, Your exercise thread looks amazing!
I have heard A lot of people are having problems with vista, I'm glad I decided to stick with Xp. I did purchase norton360 after the trial version ended and we have had a few problems with this so I wouldn't recomend it even though the trial version worked great.

Well, I am doing Ok still op still fighting the strong urge to eat peanuts, my biggest craving right now. I se DH eating them and it drives me crazy, but I have to "allow" him some snacks at least he's not eating chips and tubs of candy like before. He has lost at least 5lbs since I started atkins which is good according to the doctor he is a little over weight but he will never admit it, so I have convinced him to swich to 100% whole gain breads
and rarely make pasta or rice for him any more ( I know he still eats chocolate at work) . So with even a few changes he's losing, I wish it were that easy for me.

Anyway I hope you all have a great day!
Puncezilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2007, 04:58 PM   #17  
Baby Steps

BB: Don't sweat the WW roll. You'll drop whatever water weight it made you have. And glad you got the take the program back. From what I've been reading, not a lot is compatible with Vista yet. Then again, some programs have drivers and updates you can get to make it work right. But glad you've got it straightened out

Robin: lol @ Dh freezing while you were having the fan on. I can just imagine the face! lol.

Lily: How about a pic of your garden? It sounds awesome! If you ever decide not to have a garden there you can always plant flowers

Punce: I agree--it stinks men can drop weight faster than us women! I've heard most of the issues people are having with Vista is compatibility with their current programs. And the cure for that is to go and get drivers and updates for those.

Well, so far so good. And I believe I even got my water in! Now to get time for exercise!!
lady_adnerb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2007, 06:36 PM   #18  

Height: 5'2"

Thanks for the warm welcome everyone!

Brenda, I see you're from WI!! Me too! I'm in Appleton, about where are you?

My friends and I ate at a sushi joint today. I did good--I picked out the middle of the sushi rolls to avoid eating the rice, lol. What a waste of food though.

Tomorrow starts the first day of the diet at the restaurant...hopefully I'll just eat the salad

Getupandgo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2007, 10:05 PM   #19  

Hello All,

Just thought I would say hello. I'm just returning to Atkins after several years away from the plan and am on day 3 of induction. I'm hoping to be getting into the swing of things, now that the first few days are over.

It's motivating to read everyone's posts and to see progress pics!

Take care,
Julie
LadyJulieAnn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2007, 01:50 AM   #20  

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyJulieAnn View Post
Hello All,

Just thought I would say hello. I'm just returning to Atkins after several years away from the plan and am on day 3 of induction. I'm hoping to be getting into the swing of things, now that the first few days are over.

It's motivating to read everyone's posts and to see progress pics!

Take care,
Julie
Hi Julie!!

I'm on day three too, so we're on this together! Let me know if you want to chat...I'm always up for giving AND receiving support, lol

Old 03-29-2007, 10:00 AM   #21  
lilybelle

S/C/G: 234/142/145

Height: 5'7

Hi Julie, Welcome to the forum.

Brenda, I'lll post pics of my garden after sprouts start coming through the ground. Since I just started planting it just looks like rows of dirt right now. LOL. But, by george, I worked hard on them rows of dirt. LOL.

I'm feeling cruddy right now. Sinus infection that is giving me fever and chills. I need some antibiotics.

My eating seems to be back on track for now. That much is good.

We have a funeral to go to tomorrow. The police officer that was killed near here in line of duty last Friday night. It's being held at the convention center in Ft. Smith, AR. (Holds about 5000 people). I was glad to see on TV that there will be shuttle buses. I don't think I could walk very far right now.
lilybelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2007, 11:41 AM   #22  
beachbum

Good Morning Ladies

Woke up with a abcess on the left side of my mouth.It does hurt,but its annoying as the inside & outside of my mouth is swollen. Hope it goes away as fast as it came.Tomorrow I going for 2 x-rays, mammogram,and right after for a bone dencity test.

Other wise nothing really new, Not going to W-I this week as I really up,and I don't know why. The carbs are low like last week when I lost the two,but this morning I up 4 again.

Punezilla-Thanks I like to get as much Exercise in as possible,but not more than 30 mins a day and resting on Sunday. I love walking but its too cold windy up here to do that. Stay with xp, the Vista is driving my DH crazy. We should have waited until all the bugs were out of Vista,but our computer crashed and we need a new one as quickly as possible and we wound up with a vista.

Brenda-Hope your right that I lose the 4 that I gained. Worked to hard not to have a gain. We didn't realize the problems Vista had,other wise we would have bought something different.

GetupandGo- You shouldn't be afraid of restaurants.Just ask the waitress,they are glad to substitute items. I asked for a low carb :hunger:dinner by asking if I could have two veggies instead of the carbs.She brought me mashed[cauiflower] instead of the french fries.

LadyJulieAnne-Welcome to the board. Nice that you have getup working at the same pace of the diet.

Lily-Sorry to hear you have a sinus infection companied with a chills & fever. I hope it doesn't go into something serious. I hate that when it happens to me. Take it easy today, and hopefully your feel :get well: better tomorrow.

Have to go,and get some lunch,I'm hungry

Hugs BB
beach bum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2007, 12:08 PM   #23  

Beachbum--the problem is, that I'm the waitress at the restaurant, lol! Kinda like the old saying...an alcoholic should never work in a bar....I should never work in a restaurant! But I'm going to try, lol. Good luck at your Dr appt.

Have a wonderful weekend everyone! I'll be back on Monday in time for my first weigh in.

Old 03-29-2007, 12:36 PM   #24  

Default HI Im new to the group

HI all. I am new to this group but not to dieting. I am 32 years old and have 1 5 year old and 1 14 month old daughters. I own 2 small businesses and the long hours and stress of being a busy mom has give me the excuse to eat out with my husband about 4 -5 nights a week for the past couple of years. I am so sick of being over weight that I started decided to do something about it. I have done atkins before and am back on 6 days into induction. This looks like a really great support group. Do you mind if I join?

Laurie
laurie2275 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2007, 12:47 PM   #25  
lilybelle

S/C/G: 234/142/145

Height: 5'7

Laurie, WELCOME. WTG on getting started. Glad to have you join us.

BB, thanks. I called my Dr. office and they are over-booked today , but did call me in some Zithromax, so I should feel better soon. I'm fighting the urge to go work in the garden, but know the way my sinuses feel that it isn't a good idea. It's a beautiful 80 degrees here today.
lilybelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2007, 01:45 PM   #26  
Baby Steps

Getup: I noticed you didn't have the PM option enabled here. Feel free to PM me Good luck on the eating while working! It sounds like it can be do-able!!

Lily: Sorry to hear about the infection--hope it gets better from the meds soon. And yup, you sure did work hard for that mound of dirt. How do you keep the rabbits out? Our garden gets demolished by them. I'm guessing our fence isn't big enough or some such problem with it. What's your strateghy?

BB: Hope all your testing goes well. And hope your tooth feels better!

Laurie: Welcome! The more the merrier Sounds like you definitely have your hands full! Join us every day

I did ok yesterday...until I got home last night. Then proceeded to mow down a BAG of popcorn! UGH! Well, I decided to see the damage I did and was surprised the scale was down a pound this morning. Now if it continues maybe I'll mange to be able to change my ticker next week Drank a soda to try and get rid of my headache...but should have stuck with water as I'm nowhere near the "goal" for water. But if I chug fast enough I should be able to get it in yet
lady_adnerb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2007, 03:10 PM   #27  
Lovin' Life

S/C/G: 300/too much/155

Afternoon

Welcome to all the new comers....like Brenda said, the more the merrier!!

I dont have alot of time for personals, today has been a busy one. Ive been to a speed networking group this morning, very cool!! I'll have to remember and go again next year when they have it.

Off again in about 2 hrs to another networking group. Dh is cooking supper early so Im not starving after the late meeting.

Oh.....at the speed networking about 4 woman gave out chocolate bars as their business cards!!!!!! I popped them into my purse, and gave 1/2 to dh and the other 1/2 to dd as soon as I got home! Whew, bypassed that one!

Im off, I'll check in later tonight when Ive got more time. Have a great day ladies!
RobinW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2007, 05:02 PM   #28  
Hello Friend

S/C/G: 230/205/140

Height: 5'7"

Just a quick HELLO. Nice to see some more new posters!
I'm SO tired today. I did manage to drag my lasy butt onto the treadmill for 50 min, and now I feel like I realy need a nap. I'm still op and down to 209 this morning. I can't wait to break the 200lb mark!
You are all such a wonderfull group! Have a great day!
Puncezilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2007, 08:17 PM   #29  
Lovin' Life

S/C/G: 300/too much/155

WooHoo Punce!!!!! Count down! Great going!!
RobinW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2007, 08:28 PM   #30  

Hello All,

Thanks for the welcome. Today was one of those days where I ended up having some small amounts of food that were not induction friendly (at a lunch that was provided for us at work), but overall did not stray too far. One of the things I learned over my past experiences of dieting is to not become obsessed with every little thing I put in my mouth and not become so discouraged if I do slip. I tend to set myself up for failure if I do that.

Hope everyone had a good day.

Take care,
Julie
LadyJulieAnn is offline   Reply With Quote