Old 03-24-2007, 01:36 AM   #1  
Eating clean, eventually

Default Any Atkins/LC vegetarians out there?

Hi all. Long time lurker coming out of the shadows to inquire if anyone has had any success as a vegetarian on Atkins. I eat eggs and cheese but no meat or fish of any kind.

I've done Atkins before (with meat) and had very pleasing results with little hunger. This time around, I am consuming about 1500 calories a day of all sorts of quality nutritious foods and plenty of protein (about 100g a day from eggs, a few ounces of cheese, protein shakes, etc. Doing okay on induction level carbs). I am also drinking about 80oz of water a day.

The weight is starting to come off but I am extremely hungry (relentlessly thirsty, too, actually) most of the day and especially at night, even with small frequent meals. If there are any Atkins veggies out there who can lend some advice as to how you stayed sated, what/when you generally ate, etc., I would really appreciate it. Thanks
Susanna Eats is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2007, 08:15 AM   #2  
Lovin' Life

S/C/G: 300/too much/155

Hi Susanna,

I dont think there are any regular posters who are vegetarians. I hope someone pops on to help you tho.

Welcome.....thanks for coming out of lurkdom
RobinW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2007, 02:19 PM   #3  
Eating clean, eventually

Thanks Robin. I realize Atkins and vegetarianism are an unlikely and challenging pairing. It's all good.
Susanna Eats is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2007, 12:32 PM   #4  
where did she go?

S/C/G: S267/C253/G150

Height: 5'5

Avocados and olives are great vegetarian low carb options. They are high in fat so they help with the satiation. Also, make sure to use butter and coconut oil, olive oil, mayonnaise when possible. Tofu is a great options for protein as well.

Do you eat much soy product? They have great vegetarian low carb options as well.

I hope that helps you out at least somewhat
want2Bme is offline   Reply With Quote