Old 11-14-2005, 04:24 PM   #1  
Lovin' Life

S/C/G: 300/too much/155

Default 40 lbs plus 1 are back!

Well I got on the scale this morning. I can diet all I want, but if Im not consistent, the lbs pack on.

I have officially gained every single lb back, plus 1 since I restarted my weightloss program. I cried, hugged dh and had a little break down this morning. Poor guy still doesnt know why Im so upset. Im embarrassed as **** to tell him, even though the man has eyes, and hasnt said anything to me about it. I love him!!

I orginally started at 300+ lbs, got down to about 209, then creeped up to 240 which is where I found Atkins and restarted. Then got down to 196, and got too confident, and have struggled ever since. Struggled so hard, Im back to where I was 4 yrs ago!

This IS NOT a case of a diet failing....it works! Yes I gained it all back. Why? Because I have NOT taught myself how to maintain the loss.

Thanksgiving and Christmas are right around the corner....and as of this morning, NOTHING fits!! So much for letting my clothes do the talking instead of the scale.

As of this morning (after the scale incident) I am on full induction for 3 weeks! I have literally gained 20 lbs in 4 weeks. Im one of those freakish ppl that can gain weight extremely fast.....unfortunately it never comes off as fast as it goes on.

Ive gotten myself so down I dont even want to go out in public...Im just very ashamed of myself. Excess weight is always such an emotional issue, why is that?

Thanks ladies for being here When Im feeling unbelievably fat, I feel very alone, but I know others understand....at least here we do.
RobinW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2005, 04:50 PM   #2  
Staying in 1derland!

S/C/G: 288/ticker/155

Height: 5'5"

do research and learn all you can about nutrition.. cuz as u know this is forever... not just till u get to goal... i know cuz i lost from 320 down to 170.....

looked one day and it was just about all back well 288.. just about all of it... but i restarted this journey.. and i am down to 238 .. and i know now that there will be no more "oh ive done so well i can eat this" You have to find a program that you can live with forever... i really like south beach phase 2..

eat all 3 meals and snacks and lose it slooowly that way it stays off.. it really is amazing the amount of food u can eat on south beach and lose...

just not sugar, white flour, pasta, bread etc.. but that leaves a lot of good food that u can have!
curlylocks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2005, 06:38 PM   #3  
Baby Steps

Robin, I hear you totally on what you're saying! I also didn't pay attention and have gained. It just means we have to re-learn things. I have to applaud you for starting NOW whereas I'm not starting total induction until January. I truly don't think I could go through the holidays on strict induction! You can do this!! I can't tell you how much I've enjoyed reading your progress and have learned a lot from you.
We'll support each other
lady_adnerb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2005, 08:40 PM   #4  

Oh, Robin, sweetie - *BIG HUG*! We love ya and you are such a LIFE motivator for everyone here. It is our turn to give back to you. You are a strong woman and I know you can do this. You are so inventive with your various hints and prods I just know that you can put all that to work FOR YOURSELF and you will make great progress. Why is it that it seems many woman do, do, do for others but somehow don't think enough about themselves to make themselves a priority? I sooooo find that to hold true for myself.

We are hear for ya, Robin - cheering you on every step of the way!

Kel
Ms Spotdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2005, 07:51 AM   #5  
250/ticker/160

Height: 5"9

I'm so sorry that the pounds jumped back on You're SUCH an inspiration to me for what you've been through already, I hope we can show you HALF the support that you do us! We can all do this together, and since you've done it once you know that it's entirely possible to do again. You're so so strong, I bet it's off in no time at all!!

Lacey
bnbsmommy1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2005, 08:06 AM   #6  
Atkins Lover

Robin~ HUGSSSSS!!! Girl I know what you mean, been there done that and have been living it for years also. It's a learning process, just like chemistry. You have to study it and apply it. It isn't easy and some times it takes more than one try to learn it and get it right. I'm w/curlylocks on the south beach also. I am doing a combo of atkins and south beach....they have lots of similar things, just one lets you have the pastas (whole wheat), etc. just the healthy ones. I like doing both because it allows me to make it work for my family a little bit better also. Then I don't feel like I am doing 2 totally different meals. YOU CAN DO this and I know you will, it's just time to 'study' so more and apply it. I'm here w/you learning all the way girl......I'll be your 'study buddy'.
beckamundo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2005, 10:50 AM   #7  
Lovin' Life

Curly, Brenda, Kel, Bec and Lacey....Thanks so much.

I made it thru my 1st day, and my 1st day of my way of eating for life. I know that once the weight comes off, I have to be at it constantly, or it comes back. I know this!! So why didnt I apply it? Thats a pretty good question. Because I dont want to be like this for the rest of my life, I dont want to feel like this, and I dont want to look like this.

I have to be careful, because when Im feeling so disgusted with myself, I dont eat enough....sort of an all or nothing thing....which isnt good for me. Im keeping track, and watching, doing it right!

Thanks so much ladies for your support, it means the world to me.
Old 11-15-2005, 05:46 PM   #8  
Owned by Dixie

Height: 5'4"

robin, big hug, There is a saining sh^t happens
dust yourself off, make some time to get in some exercise to raise the endorphans and lets all move on together...
L144S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2005, 06:54 PM   #9  
Lovin' Life

sounds like a great idea L...and that sh*t happens way too often sometimes.
Old 11-21-2005, 08:48 PM   #10  
Staying in 1derland!

S/C/G: 288/ticker/155

Height: 5'5"

hey robin how are u making out? stick with it You can do it..
i was thinking about your post and how I had gained my weight back before also.. I think for myself.. i will forver be chained to the scale like in the oatmeal commerical lol.. but maybe thats a good thing.. that way when we bgin to inch up in weight after we get to goal we can "nip it" in the bud real quick like...

say maybe you will only let yourself stray from your goal weight by 5 lbs .. if u gain 5 lbs.. go back to food monitor mode..
curlylocks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2005, 01:18 PM   #11  
Lovin' Life

Thanks for checking up on me curlylocks! Im doing alot better than when I first posted this thread.

Im down 10 lbs my first week on full atkins induction. Certainly is enough to keep me motivated!! When you know your doing good, you dont want to mess it up. I want to get back down to what I was, and then get rid of another 40 more. I know I can do it....I just have to maintain this way of eating. Thats the whole point isnt it? Eat this way....to stay this way, because you can never go back to the way it was, or you end up the way it turned out. Ive accepted that, and from what alot of maintainers are saying....maintaining is the hard part. I want the chance to find out

Thanks again curly for your support, its very much appreciated!!
Old 11-25-2005, 09:30 AM   #12  
Baby Steps

Robin, you're such an inspiration and I'm thinking I need to change my goals and start induction now instead of waiting for January!!
lady_adnerb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2005, 12:04 AM   #13  
on my way down again

Smile Me too!

Hi Robin, I have read these posts, and I'm happy to see you are back on track. I too have gained every pound back, well for me not quite every pound, but close, and that is 67 pounds! I'm here with you knowing a lot of us can and will do this again. Keep up the good work!

P.S. Although we are not maintaining yet, I have just found that there is a lot of good information there for us now.
Sonnet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2005, 08:36 AM   #14  
Lovin' Life

Sonny there is alot more info out there now about maintaining than there was a few years ago. We can do this.....take it all back off
Old 03-17-2007, 05:00 PM   #15  
Lovin' Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobinW View Post
Well I got on the scale this morning. I can diet all I want, but if Im not consistent, the lbs pack on.

Ive gotten myself so down I dont even want to go out in public...Im just very ashamed of myself. Excess weight is always such an emotional issue, why is that?

Thanks ladies for being here When Im feeling unbelievably fat, I feel very alone, but I know others understand....at least here we do.
Im bumping this back up.........because after 1 yr and 4 months, Im right back in this ugly place. But now my weight has ballooned up even higher. Even with the walking and exercise....if I dont restrict my eating....these extra lbs are just not going to come off!

Tomorrow morning is my restart date. Im hoping you ladies will keep at me, and keep me in check. Id really appreciate it.