Weekly Chat Feb 26-Mar 4/07

You're on Page 1 of 3
Go to
  • Afternoon....thought you might need starting up.

Who ever gets here first on monday morn.....feel free to get us going
  • Hi ladies. I'm taking my puppy to the vet at 1:30 even though her eye looks much better right now. Then I have an afternoon apt. for a haircut and hi-lights. I hope my hair will look better.

SD's mother called DH lasted night and told him, SD is definitely pregnant again. Oh, Joy, Joy. Another one for me to take care of since her own mom lives in Las Vegas and isn't ever around and she is too lazy to care for her own kids. DH isn't at all happy, but we knew she was showing already , so we weren't in denial about it.

Gotta,, go will try to post more later.
  • Hi Ladies

We got 3" of snow this morning.. Leo is having fun with his new electric snow shovel.He taking lots of breaks,so I'm not worried. I for one ,not going outside,why I still have my night clothes on.Too lazy to get dressed, AHHHHHHHHH!! the retirement life,what more do I want.

Robin-Thanks for starting us up.Was here this morning,didn't see the thread and came off the computer to get my food journal writing for next week. Remember when I was stalling and you told me to eat eggs eggs eggs. Dr. Atkins said the same thing in a book I have called "Dr Atkins Age Defying Diet Revolution" [taking this out of contex]as its to long to print.
    ON the high quality protein,which one is the very best.EGGS. They are a good source of the essential amino acids,why does your doctor tell you only to eat them occasionally?Because they believe that eggs raise your cholesterol.It doesn't, eating eggs actually improves your blood cholesterol profile.So I'm not going to be afraid to eat eggs again.

Lily-I had a wild day,nothing went right.Glad that your sticking to your maintenance weight. Maybe when your body is ready it will lose the last 2 lbs. I still have a long way to go. Still not sure how many carbs I should be eating now that I'm Low carbing since Aug 2006. I know Atkins's Induction was 20 grms.and the OWL is 25 and adding 5 grams a week until,you don't lose and than you cut the carb back until you start losing again. I'm up to 25 to 35 grams a week,and I'm losing slowly but I'm losing,so am I suppose to climb higher by adding 40 carbs or should I stay at the 30-35 carb grams range ???????????

Have a great one

Hugs BB
  • I always believed eggs were good for us.....just get so tired of eating them lol

Things got a bit hectic around here this morning. Ive been spending alot of time imputting addresses into my label templates. Its a long drawn out process. But in the long run, they will all be in there and all I'll have to do is print off my labels...slap them on the post cards, and its done!! Direct mailings made easy(eventually)

Im off to get busy again......I slipped in here to take a break
  • Hello Ladies! I hope that you're all doing well!

I'm holding my own with LCing. Atkins really helps me to control my cravings, especially the sugary ones! I've also been experimenting a lot with different flax muffin recipes. They help with the extra fiber and with helping me to feel full.

Down 2 lbs from last week! (I was stalling for so long that it's good to see the scale moving a bit!)

Have a good evening!

Barb
  • BB, since you are still wanting to lose more, I'd stay at the carb level you are currently doing. It seems to be working for you.

Robin, I know what you mean. I got very tired of eggs after a while. I don't hardly ever have them anymore. I usually just have a high fiber breakfast now.

Barb, WTG on the 2 lb. loss, that is great that you got the scale moving again.

I got puppies eye looked at it. Vet said "eyeball is OK and it looks like she got clawed by our cat". but, I got antibiotic drops for her eyes.

I got a new hairstyle and hi-lights. I like it and so did DH and my kids. It sure made me feel good.
  • Well, we want to see too!!! lol - What is the new style like?

Kel
  • Good Morning

Yup, I wanna see too Lily!

Im really struggling right now......I cant seem to get back on track.
  • Good Morning Ladies

The both of us woke up late this morning ,and now some of the stuff planned today has to be put on the back burner. Have a card game[Canasta] scheduled for Thursday,so I guess I'll just get the downstairs cleaned & straighten out for my guest. Have to buy some snacks & some thing to drink. Luckily there not on diets so I just have to get stuff I would normally eat myself.

Robin-I know, eating plain eggs every day would be monotonous. Does making Pancake Batter or Revolution Rolls with 2 eggs in them count for eating eggs???????????Your brave touching that part of the computer. I just found out how to use my word pad,as I have no computer savi. Message boards & e-mail are all I can handle.

Lily-Thanks for the information,I guess that would be the sensible thing to do,is stay on the[30-35] range I'm on. We need to see that new do,photo us some pix.

Barb-Big congrats on your 2 lb weight lose.I have flax meal in my frig,and I make a Chocolate,Peanut butter Flax meal Muffins and Pecan Maple Flax muffins they are both delish.I use flax meal for all sorts of rolls from Hamburger to Flax Sandwich Buns,and of course I can't for get the Atkins Revolution Rolls Yummy!!

Hugs BB
  • Hi ladies, I'll try to have my DD to take some pic's of my new hairstyle. It is shoulder length. Parts on left side (instead of in the middle), has a little wave to it and has blond hi-lights. I went to bed with a wet head last night and haven't fixed it yet this AM so not too spiffy-looking this morning. LOL, DH was in too big of a hurry last night to wait for me to dry my hair.

Now, after my DD saw my hair-do, she is insisting on wanting her hair done. So, the next time she has a day off from school, I promised to take her for a new hairstyle. I knew she'd WHINE about me getting mine done, and her not. LOL.

Robin, sorry to hear you are having so much trouble right now. I know there were times a long the way that I thought "I simply can't do this", but I'd pick myself back up and continue on. I know this will be short-lived for you, and you will be able to get back on the wagon with all of us. I'm still trying to exercise with you and that gives me incentive to try to keep up.
  • Just an update. My Niece's son is doing well. They're not going to do surgery on the tumor--just watch it for now. They did put a shunt in as their was fluid building up. The good news is he's feeling well enough that last I heard (the dad discovered they have internet access in the hospital and so has been updating via email!) he'll be coming home tonight. So that's good news. Bad news is, my oldest DD has strep throat AND tonsillitis. Found that out yesterday. She was one sick girl! Felt so sorry for her. She's feeling better-at least she can swallow a little better. Before her throat was almost totally swollen shut. She'll still be home tomorrow. So things aren't going well here. Was doing well eating wise--but tonight just kind of blew it. So now I'm dealing with indigestion/heart burn and kicking myself because I KNOW I shouldn't have eaten that stuff. Well, anyway, hopefully things'll get back to normal soon so I can catch back up here.
  • Brenda, that is good news about your niece's son. I'm glad you are being kept up to date on his progress now.

Sorry your DD is so sick. Hope she is feeling better soon.
  • Good Morning Ladies

We have a cloudy dismal morning,hope it clears up, so I can get energized in tidying up my house before my card games guest arrive.

Had to help Leo get the garage out to the street,he was puffing so hard when the first load with out. I help with the two others. Gee!! I can believe how much we have,between the garbage and the re-cycling.

Lily-You're new hair style sound so pretty,can't wait to see it. I have to go back to have my hair cut & styled again,but with the cold of winter I wanted to keep it long for warmth. Other reason I didn't go, is that my hairdresser [owner] of the shop took the month of Feb.off to sun herself in Fla. Have to wait until next week .

Brenda-So happy to here the baby is doing fine. Its must be so hard to make such a decision weather to operate or putting a stunt in. Still praying for the little one.

Hugs BB
  • I need to rant. I'm so mad I can't think straight. My SD brought her 2 kids ovor here and was crying. Said she had to go to a divorce attorney and file for divorce. Of course, I felt sorry for her and didn't want the kids dragged to a divorce attorney's office and agreed to keep them. Now, I just called my MIL and found out this was a big, fat lie. She isn't at divorce attorney's. She is on the way to MIL's to borrow $500.00 to pay her rent before she gets evicted today. Same, damn thing that happened last month with the eviction notice. I don't think she has any intention of getting a divorce, just trying to dump the kids and save her butt from getting evicted. I asked her about her being pregnant today and she said "i"m not pregnant, I'm getting fat". The things that pi@@es me off so bad is that she has supposedly filed for divorce about 5 times in the past 3 yrs. Every time I get lied to and dumped on as the babysitter. I'm so mad, I'm gonna call DH now and let him have it about his lying, stupid daughter.
  • Afternoon

Brenda, Im so glad the little one is doing alright.

BB, its scary sometimes isnt it? Im always amazed when we fill our garbage can(type provided by city) its really just 3 of us. Its the amount of paper we have that really gets me. Wow!

Lily, I really dont know what to say.....my dil sounds alot like your sd. Ive taken to getting her to call my dh, or having her husband (dh's son) call. Otherwise we dont help. Pretty much for the same reasons. The lying gets to me......to the point where I have told her "because of the way you treated me, and were more than willing to stick a knife in my back....Im not going to be easy for you to get any more help from" My dh had been taking her crap for a long time, and I know that when I came onto the scene she thought she'd have another one to lure into her control. Fooled her! I think you are just going to have to put your foot down. Tell her outright, you will not let her take advantage of you anymore. Call first, and if I find out you have been lying....dont ask for any more help from me because you wont get it. I know its hard, especially when you think about the kids....but you can take measures to make sure they are alright.

Im still struggling, but at least Im walking and getting my exercise in. Dh and I have been busy trying to get things a bit busier with the business. Progress is kinda slow right now...Im assuming its the weather. We have had a few tire kickers calling and emailing, but thats about it.

Anyway......I need to get my eating under control. Control is the key here. Because that is pretty much gone.

Im off to get busy, have a great afternoon ladies.