Old 03-02-2007, 05:34 PM   #1  
Hello Friend

S/C/G: 230/205/140

Height: 5'7"

Talking 10 lbs gone

Hi fellow low-carbers.
I have been lurking here for a while and want to join in the fun , reading how everyone is doing is very encouraging!

I started atkins jan.28 and have lost 10lbs so far.

I am wondering if any one pays attention to the distrabution of carbs thrughout the day ( i get them mostly all at dinner time) and was wondering if this makes any difference for anyone?

Also does anyone count callories while doing atkins ?

Thank you for your thoughts.

Jolene
Puncezilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2007, 07:13 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 170/128/115

Height: 5'2''

What works best for me is actually intaking the majority of my carbs at the beginning of the day. Your body needs that energy so you don't feel tired or run down (Especially if you exercise during the day). Then around dinner I try to focus on less carbs, more protein. (Fish, dairy, veggies)
swissarmymelody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2007, 07:15 PM   #3  
Lovin' Life

S/C/G: 300/too much/155

Hi Jolene

I dont bother with the distribution of carbs....I tend to get most of my mine for breakfast and supper. I dont bother with the calories either, until I hit a stall....then I take everything into consideration.

Quote:
Your body needs that energy so you don't feel tired or run down
This is true, but if your body has switched over to burning fat(which takes approx 2 weeks).....that is where it will get its fuel from. Let the carbs you eat feed your brain, the fat stores fuel your activities.

If you havent already, check out this thread... http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/showthread.php?t=37873

Congrats on the 10lbs WTG

Last edited by RobinW; 03-02-2007 at 07:23 PM.
RobinW is offline   Reply With Quote