Old 02-15-2007, 03:48 PM   #31  
Lovin' Life

S/C/G: 300/too much/155

Im finding with ww and atkins or low carb, it forces you to pay attention to the fats you are eating. With atkins Im ok for about 3 weeks, then I cant do it anymore. I start to feel strange, and I really cant stomach all the fats anymore. This way is keeping me going.....and I can have ff/sf pudding Works for me.

Dh and I just got back from spending the afternoon with his other dil. I like this one!!!! She's clean, doesn't lie, is ambitious and has a life!! My stepson and her just moved to buffalo after being out of the country for a few years....then living other places before that. So its kinda nice for dh to have both his sons here in town....and a dil that we both like!! We had a nice afternoon, and spent alot of time chatting....it was very nice. Then she invited us over for dinner on sunday! This is the son I havent had much contact with at all, so Im still getting used to all this.

Other than that, not much new, Ive been busy learning some new computer programs we have. I even designed a couple postcards Im kinda pleased with. I still have to learn photo shop....seems to be one of those things I keep putting off.

Have a great evening ladies!

Last edited by RobinW; 02-15-2007 at 03:54 PM.
RobinW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2007, 04:45 PM   #32  
beachbum

Hi LadiesSmiler

Sorry for being so late in posting. Had a lot to do this morning,as I took it easy yesterday.ITS COLD UP HERE TOO!!! BRrrrrrrrrr!!! and our gas fireplace insert is not working ether. Luckily we have the repair man coming in tomorrow.
Nothing new again either,same old.

I just came of off the prevention web site and I took the test for how many calories I need to maintain my weight. The answer for my height[5'1"] & weight[163] was 1947 cal per day and if I want to lose I would have to drop 200 cal for a new total of 1747 cal. I'm not near either of this figures,I'm eating between 1100-1350 Maybe that why I'm not losing. I'm in a STARVATION MODE.

I know Atkins doesn't count calories,but that a lot of calories for me.

lady_adnerb-Hope I will be able to continue the eating slower pattern. I tried once before and totaly messed up. Glad to help.

Lily-Sorry about your high blood sugar, are you sure its from changing your calorie count.??? I Love cooking better than baking they say that cooking is a lot easier than baking as baking is a science.My L/C muffins & biscuits came out flat also. They must of left out an ingredient that they left out of the recipes

ILM-Of course you can stay,I think we all go off off Atkins a little. I'm trying to keep a low carbing and low fats and thats not Atkins.We all need each other to lean on,as its a bumpy road and we can fall off the wagon so easily.

Tracy-That sound like a good idea carbs in the morning no carbs at night. That just might work. Thanks for the idea.

Have to go start dinner

Hugs BB
beach bum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2007, 12:17 AM   #33  
lilybelle

S/C/G: 234/142/145

Height: 5'7

Hi everyone. I slept all day after being up all night last night. I feel re-energized and got my laundry caught up, dishes done and house cleaned up. I'll probably be up most of the night.

We went out to dinner for our late Valentines day treat. I had a small piece of SF cake and it was good. School was out today due to the snow and it is snowing again right now. This time SD and kids are stuck at MIL's due to the weather. Yeah.

My DD told my DH today that I was "mean" because I made her get up and put her dirty dishes in the sink. LOL. I'm sick of cleaning up after this lazy bunch.

BB, I know the shakiness and blood sugar problem is from the higher carb food. I did this all the time before starting Atkins. That is why my Dr. recommended Atkins. I take glucophage twice a day. I do OK until I forget to eat a snack, then my BS drops and I end up in trouble. I am feeling OK today after the problem yesterday. (except I'm "mean", LOL).

Robin, I'm glad you have some family there that you like this time.

Brenda, I ate a lot of fruit while doing Atkins and it didn't stop my weight loss. I just felt like I couldn't give it up and wasn't willing to.
lilybelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2007, 09:03 AM   #34  
beachbum

Good Morning Ladies

We getting our fireplace insert fixed as we speak. Thank Goodness it getting fixed.It was so cold in our house last night the heat from the boiler wanted jump on.The only rooms that were warm was the down stair bathroom & the computer/gym room.

Well the cold did something right,my bod had to burn a lot of energy keep warm that I lost 1 lb at my Friday W-I. Thought I would lose more ,but I'll take it,after being on a plateau for 3 weeks.

Lily-Glad that you're feeling a lot better.I know what your mean,I had that when I kids lived with us. My DD is still messy,things are all over the place when we come to visit,and she don't have a small house like we do.Our son it just the opposite,Clean & neat,but he learned that being in the Navy.Now I understand,about your blood sugar. Don't have that problem yet, diabetes runs in my family, my son has type I.So my doctor told me to go on Atkins,but I mix and match like I posted before I'm strictly a low carber watching calories though the WW point system[each pt=50 calories.]

Have a great day, will post later

Hugs BB
Old 02-16-2007, 11:21 AM   #35  
lilybelle

BB, the Army has taught my son to be a neater/cleaner person than he ever was. My kids have been fairly spoiled, not material-wise but in the fact that good old mom did everything around here. LOL, things they are a changing.

My biggest peeve with DD is when I tell her to pick her stuff up and she gives me the "I'll do it in a minute" line. It sure rubbed me wrong yesterday. I know that alot of my annoyance is the fact that SD and kids had been here for 10 days. So my patience has run out.

SD still has my vehicle again. I am getting it back today. No matter what. My son got stopped by the police in her car and he couldn't find her insurance papers. Very lucky this officer knew my DH is a State Trooper and didn't give him a ticket. Her tag was expired. Go figure. My son explained that this was his Step-sisters car and didn't know the tag had expired.
Old 02-16-2007, 11:01 PM   #36  
lilybelle

My puppies are now all gone except for Lucy. It was sad to see them go. I had a man come tonite and begged me to let him buy Lucy. I refused, my DD would have been very upset with me. He was friends with one of the other new puppy owners and seen theirs and wanted mine badly. He also begged me to breed Molly again and I'm not really wanting to do that. She has been a good mama dog, but I'm not sure how many times it is safe to breed a mama dog. This man that wanted a pup has a stud male that he paid $2500.00 for. I think I sold my puppies waaaaaaay too cheap. I knew he wanted my Lucy for breeding purposes. He even asked if I'd sell him Molly. Not a chance in life that I would sell Molly. She is my big, spoiled companion.

carolr3639, I know you have breeding dogs. If you read this, How many times do you let each female breed?. Molly has now had 2 litters.

Where is everyone? I keep just talking to myself. LOL. Oh, I got my vehicle back from SD, my son went and picked it up. Yeah!
Old 02-17-2007, 01:36 AM   #37  
It's my perogative!

S/C/G: 249/247/180

Height: 5'6"

Hi guys I wanted to check in. Well I went to the gym the other day and weighed in and I am down now to 243. I cant believe how well i am doing. I owe a lot to this lady that runs the gym in the mornings. SHe is keeping me accountable for my exercise everyday. I will be updating my ticker. I am off to bed i will touch base with you guys in the morning. YAY ME!
ilovemike4alwayz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2007, 09:18 AM   #38  
Lovin' Life

Great job Sandra!!

Lily~ you will actually get some real peace and quiet in your house now...dogs and sd and babies all gone. Enjoy it while it lasts.

Well, we pick up my new treadmill tomorrow Im so excited about this!! Im even more excited about the fact that dh said it probably wouldnt hurt him to get on it too! I really dont like going all the way out to the mall to walk. Especially this time of year, when everyone is sick! *blah* I go thru alot of purell this time of year.

K, Im off........have a great weekend ladies!
Old 02-17-2007, 09:36 AM   #39  
beachbum

Good Morning Ladies

Woke up with a stomach ache. Stop all eating today, except for dry toast applesauce and chamomile tea.

We had seafood gumbo last night,but It didn't effect Leo.So I don't thing that had anything to do with it. I must have caught a bug, from somewhere.

Lily-I used to close my DD room until she cleaned up the mess. She was messy before going away to college,and after she got messier.She was lucky,I'm another one that never looks that in inspiration on the tag. I let my DH take care of that.

ILM-Big congrats on losing.You're lucky that you have someone near to keep you accountable with exercising.

Robin-I don't blame you getting a treadmill. I wouldn't like to go to our mall either in the cold weather to get some walking it. My treadmill is still downstairs in the basement. Can't find anyone to bring it up for me. My DH & I are to weak to carry it upstairs.Have to rely on my bike,stepper and video tapes.

Have a great morning

Hugs BB
Old 02-17-2007, 10:33 AM   #40  
lilybelle

ILM, WTG on losing the lbs. Congrat's.

Robin, congrat's on getting a treadmill. I use mine almost every day. I love it. The elliptical I got for Christmas, well it is so hard, I just use it if I know I'm fixing to hit the shower and don't mind sweating like a pig. DH had told me that he was going to use the ellliptical too. He tried it once and never got back on it. LOL.

BB, hope you get to feeling better soon.

I had planned to weigh this morning and forgot and have now already eaten and had 2 cups of coffee. Hopefully I will remember to weigh tomorrow. I feel like I'm maintaining.

Robin, it is awesome having the SD and kids go home. I actually had the house all to myself last night. DH had to work and both my kids spent the night with friends. Seeing the pups leave was sad. they were a lot of work though. I still have my Molly and Lucy and 2 kids and 2 cats here. The hamster died recently. I thought it was supposed to have a 2 yr. lifespan and it lived 4 yrs.
Oh, the man that wanted to buy Lucy and Molly last night, he is definitely a breeder. He said that if I'd let Molly breed his stud dog next time that he would buy the whole litter from me. I'm not going to do it. He is probably not near as particular as I am on who gets the puppies.
Old 02-17-2007, 10:50 AM   #41  
Lovin' Life

I agree with you Lily about the guy that wanted to breed Molly. He just seems much too eager!!

Ruthxxx over on the southbeach forum bred her portugese water dog (her baby), she would be able to tell you how many times she bred hers.
Old 02-17-2007, 11:27 AM   #42  
It's my perogative!

S/C/G: 249/247/180

Height: 5'6"

Well I am going to go to my friend roxanes today and we are going to walk the mall a few hundred times, so i will be getting my exercise. I am also going to try my 14s on and see if i am any closer to being in them.
ilovemike4alwayz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2007, 11:40 AM   #43  
lilybelle

BB, I usually just close the door on my kids rooms to ignore their mess. But, we have been having to go through DD's room to show the puppies that are outside that door. So, for now she has had to keep it at least presentable.

I should have stayed off the stupid scale. I went ahead and weighed after eating and with my pajamas on and it was up a lb. I'll try again tomorrow morning. I don't feel like I could possibly have gained. I am being careful. I sure need to exercise today, so I guess I better get after it. DH will be home at 3PM after working 16 hrs. and he'll want to take a nap and that is where my elliptical and treadmill are at.

We now have the money to pay cash for the camper. We plan to pick it up on Thursday. I love buying stuff with cash and not having a payment. I will have to buy the tags for it next week.

Now next time SD shows up announced for weeks at a time, I'll drive my camper to the lake to get some peace and quiet.

ILM, good luck with the 14's. I hope they fit. If not, they will soon the way you are dropping the lbs. Congrat's.
Old 02-17-2007, 11:52 AM   #44  
Lovin' Life

Alright, Im going to rant a bit

dil (the I dont like that lives next door) just finished talking to dh on the phone. Seems grandson has a basketball game today, she forgot about (but gs knew all about it because he was telling dh about it on thursday). Dh is already taking gd to her birthday party....dil tries to do some juggling to get a ride for her son to the game. No luck....she then comes to the door with ALL the kids, looking like a pile of crap (literally)....remember she just got out of the hospital this past week. Then says we are going to take the bus....dh says, why dont you just wait? She has the nerve to play the guilt card, with friggin' attitude and walks away!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I intensely hate her games! I really do!
......alright dh and I are off to a birthday party

Im still at a loss as how to deal with this b**ch I really am. Im never one to mince words, and I'll tell her how I feel.........but she is just toooooooo much!

Im coming back to edit this a bit....as you can obviously see, she managed to get me quite upset. Now....almost 2 hrs after posting this, Im still ticked. But Im more ticked at myself for letting her get to me. Now I have to clear all her crap out of my head, and get on with my day without being b*tchy or cranky. Im trying....and Im also trying very hard to stay away from foods that calm the crankiness. (chocolate)

*great big sigh*

Last edited by RobinW; 02-17-2007 at 01:22 PM.
Old 02-17-2007, 01:38 PM   #45  
lilybelle

Robin, sorry to hear all the crap you have to put up with the dil. Hugs, I know how rough it is.

I went ahead and walked a mile on my treadmill for just in case I couldn't do it this evening. I don't like to exercise except late evening. But, I did it. Yeah. I wish I could go dancing tonite but DH will probably be too tired. Now that my son just turned 21 we'd probably run into him if we went dancing. I'm sure he'd appreciate having mom and dad there. LOL.