Old 02-09-2007, 11:14 AM   #46  
beachbum

Good Morning Ladies

Temps are trying to warm up,but we still have along way to go,before Leo & I can't start walking out side again.

W-I this morning and I'm up 1.I guess the the two that I lost from the super bowl found me. Heres to next week,NOT going to eat the s/f candy[4 pc] we bought for valentines. I need to lose that 4 lbs I have on my Feb. Challenge.

Lily-The scale with up 1. Hopefully now that the stall is gone I will move downward.Thats cute baby finger prints in your PB.Last month I had to share my PB with mice,as Hubby put it in the traps.Now the PB belongs to me again.

Lady_adnerb-I should take my measurement I haven't done that in a while. My close still fit loosely so may I shouldn't rely on the STUPID SCALE.But I'm a number person and need to see that scale move in the right direction.Sorry about you headaches. I 'm having one this morn and I can't get rid of it. I think mine are sinus related.

Tracy-Thanks for your encouragement but as I posted about. Friday wasn't a good W-I for me. Lost the stall,but gained 1 lb.Big congrats for losing your 1.5 lb. Dancing even on a chair,is moving so I would call it exercise.

Robin-EXTRA [[[[[ HUGS ]]]]] for going though a 3 day binge and extra good: vibes for a better week.

Gaylyn-Thanks for your support,the scale didn't cooperate,but it did loss the stall.Congrats on the.8 every little bit counts.I'd take it.

Have a great one

Hugs BB
beach bum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2007, 03:17 PM   #47  

S/C/G: 268(2003) 186/182/146

Height: 5'5"

Fridays are crazy for me so I just thought I'd pop in and "hi" to everyone. Most likely I won't be on the computer this weekend. Like I mentioned we're going to a funeral tomorrow and my company is coming on Sunday. I am staying strong though and right now I feel like I can make it though the visit. Without cheating.

Gaylyn
getncontrol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2007, 01:33 AM   #48  
lilybelle

S/C/G: 234/142/145

Height: 5'7

Hi ladies, I made it through the funeral today and the all day visit with family. My eating was pretty darn bad. I know I will be on track tomorrow and exercising like a fiend. I did help DH cut up firewood from a broken tree (from the ice storm) at my MIL's. Also helped load the firewood on our trailer and helped move a huge brush pile and burn it. So, got a little exercise outdoors for an hr. or so today.

Robin, sorry to hear about your DIL's clot problem. Keep us posted on how she is doing.

BB, sorry the scale went up a lb. Hope it comes down for you soon. Hugs, we've all been there and know how that feels.

Gaylyn, sorry you have a funeral to go to too. Hope you enjoy the visit with your family. If you do get off program a little while they are here, don't beat yourself up. Just hop right back on the wagon when everything calms down. That is what I'm focusing on right now.
lilybelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2007, 01:44 PM   #49  
Lovin' Life

S/C/G: 300/too much/155

Good Afternoon

Its a beautiful sunny day here in Buffalo today. I have to admit, this has been the nicest february Ive experienced since moving here. Usually by this time of year, Im ready to move to florida to soak up the sunshine.

Dinner went well yesterday, lots of smoked meat, I only had a little bit of potatoes, and only 2 small butter tart squares. So it wasnt a really bad day, just a bad day

Back to it today....I'll most likely be at the pc all day working. So that should keep me out of trouble for a while.

Have a great day ladies.
RobinW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2007, 02:32 PM   #50  
lilybelle

Hi ladies, I am back on track today after a day of really bad eating yesterday.

I have had several people pick up their puppies today. Yeah. I also have found a home for the beagle puppy and the runt, which is good news.

I'm planning on using the treadmill tonite.

Hope everyone has a great day, mine is good so far.
Old 02-10-2007, 03:32 PM   #51  
beachbum

Hi Ladies

Hope everyone is having a great relaxing weekend. Nothing new since yesterday,going to get some exercising in today or tonight. When the TV is mine again.

It there a way to get back in control without going off the OWL or do I have go back to Induction. I'm not craving anything sweet or salty,just over eating. I guess I will have to start portion controling. DH thinks I'm eating too much protein and not enough veggies. I told him that veggies have carbs and meat,poultry & fish don't have any. Is he right,I should up my veggies along with the protein size??????????

Gaylyn-Sorrythat you had to go to a funeral today.Sending you some {{{good:vibes}}} Your way to beat the cheating game.

Lily-Happy that you had a good time with your family,sorry that it was under these circumstances. Thanks for your compassion,I'm going to try to be real good in my WEIGHING & MEASURING food so my weight will go down while using PORTION CONTROL.

Robin-I'm sure you'll do great getting OP.Its hard for me as I pointed above. I need to start focusing.

Have a great evening Ladies

Hugs BB
beach bum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2007, 03:45 PM   #52  
lilybelle

BB, I also had a hard time with portion control at times. Some days I'm just much hungrier than other days. If I were you, I'd only try to increase the veggies to stay within your carb limit. Otherwise , just eat extra protein, it will take the weight off with time. You don't have a whole lot left to lose, so I'm sure that is what is making it slow for you right now. I lost that first 60 lbs. in the same 6 months time that it took me to lose those last 29 lbs. So, the closer you get to goal the slower it comes off. I did jump rope some to help get through the tough time with stalls. Anything to just change up the exercise a little bit helps.
Old 02-10-2007, 03:53 PM   #53  
lilybelle

Sorry to double post but I wanted to tell you ladies a story.

As most of you know, my husband has been a state trooper for about 20 years. Several years back he was chasing a suspect on foot when his gun accidently discharged and shot him through his leg and tore up his left kneecap. He had surgery and was off work for almost 6 months. His daughters (ages 12 and 9) at the time were in a school talent show and invited him to it. They got up in brown police looking uniforms and sang "I shot the sheriff" and had a pop gun go off and one of them fall to the floor screaming her leg was shot. At the time my now DH was still on crutches from the accident. The whole school was laughing. I learned this story last night for the first time. My husband got upset that his mother told the story. I was horrified that my DH's ex-wife would let their girls get up in front of their whole school and make fun of their dad (especially while he was still on crutches with a big cast on). He could easily have been killed. I was so appalled and I know it bothered him that his mom was laughing and so was his nieces and nephews that were there last night. I am so glad he divorced that cold-hearted stupid bi--h of an EX. Some people are just too ignorant for LIFE. I was a little upset at my MIL too for bringing this up, embarassing him last night in front of the whole family, and joking about such a serious matter. This family obviously doesn't appreciate the danger he is in every time he puts that uniform on and walks out the door. We have been married almost 10 years and he never had told me about this for a reason. He was ashamed of what his EX and the girls had done to him.

Last edited by lilybelle; 02-10-2007 at 04:01 PM.
Old 02-10-2007, 04:09 PM   #54  
Lovin' Life

Wow Lily, what a terribly cruel thing to do to him. By all involved
Old 02-10-2007, 11:55 PM   #55  
lilybelle

Thanks Robin, that is what I thought.
My rant for tonite.
Tonite we went to his DD's high school basketball game. As soon as we arrived we got a call from my son saying his jeep had broke down 2 hrs. from home where he'd went for his Army Reserve Drill. We told my MIL that we had to leave to go get Shane and what the problem was. She pi@@ed me off to no end. Whining and griping that my DH was missing his DD's basketball game. I had to really hold my tongue, there is no way I was leaving my son stranded on the interstate 2 hrs. from home while I watched a basketball game. So we left and went and picked my son up. He had worked all night last night at his job and had to be at drill by 6AM this morning. He was totally exhausted and stressed completely out. His transmission went out, so we had to leave the jeep there and are borrowing a car hauling trailer from one of DH's co-workers to go get it in the morning. My son and my DH are going to put in a new transmission and then take the jeep and trade it for my son a new car.

I told my DH what all his mom had said and how pi@@ed I am at her. It wouldn't matter if it was any of our kids, we would never leave them stranded no matter what. Sometimes I think I must have the most ignorant family of anyone alive. GRRRRRRRRRRRR
Old 02-11-2007, 12:15 AM   #56  
Lovin' Life

Quote:
Sometimes I think I must have the most ignorant family of anyone alive. GRRRRRRRRRRRR
omg how I could tell you stories about my mil.....and I had only known her 5 yrs, and she's been dead for 2 of those 5!! I cannot fathom how my husband put up with her. Well he didnt really, he just ignored her. The crap she pulled is just mind boggeling.....my dil is so similar to my mil its freaky!! (the one with the clots)

Oh, I have to share a comment made at the dinner table last night. We had everyone over (except the clotted dil) for dinner. Dh's oldest son(who has been out of the country) has moved back to buffalo. He says, "I'll move back to ____ Pl. only if the house next to us (dh and I) goes up for sale, or the house next to youngest son (who is next door on the other side) goes up for sale, which may be happening within the next few months. I damn near choked on my chicken!!!! I sooooooooo do not need my grown stepkids living right next door! Can you just imagine?!?!? I will move back to Canada then!

So everyone keep your fingers crossed that no houses go up for sale on my street for at least 365 days!!

k, time for bed
Old 02-11-2007, 12:31 AM   #57  
lilybelle

Robin, I certainly know what you mean. My oldest SD drives me crazy. Tonite she knew we had to leave the ballgame and go pick my son up. He'd been up all night. So she leaves the ballgame with the kids ages 2 1/2 and 8 months and comes to my house. I about died when we pulled up and she was here. Her oldest is the loudest kid in the world and never goes to sleep. He's too hyped up on junk food, coke and candy. The last thing my son needed was her to come here tonite, of all nights. He has to get back up at 4AM and head back to drill again. My SD's husband is away on his job for 5 weeks and she has taken to coming here every night with the kids. Sometimes I just want to tell her to go home. Don't get me wrong, I love the grandbabies but there is no reason for her to stay the whole 5 weeks with us. She still has a place to live. She was griping a minute ago that we were out of milk. Duh, I told her to go buy some. She is giving both the kids the milk constantly and it's skim, which they don't need anyway. The baby is supposed to be on formula and she actually is putting chocolate syrup in both of their bottles. No damn wonder they won't sleep.

Robin,don't be surprised if I join you in moving to canada. LOL.

A little more rant, this feels so good. LOL. MY SD borrowed my vehicle again yesterday because she told my DH she was going to her sister's and that the playpen, 2 carseats, diaper bags and all wouldn't fit in her little hyundai. DH agreed and said OK, I think just to get her to leave for 1 night. Tonite when we left to the ballgame I went to get in her car and it was the grossest thing in the world. I threw half eaten quesadillas, Kentucky fried chicken, french fries, open catsup packages,slabs of pizza, biscuits, tacos and Big Mac' out of her car seats. I finally gave up and told my DH that we were taking his vehicle even if it is more expensive on gas, because her car stinks too much to ride in. No wonder my cat likes to get in her car and hide, he could live a month on the food that is in it.

Last edited by lilybelle; 02-11-2007 at 12:40 AM.
Old 02-11-2007, 09:05 AM   #58  

Default Hi There

I am trying to find a home. I am on low carb and counting points too to try to keep my calories down, not on Atkins, Just low carb. I also have type 2 diabetes and on meds and it is important that I keep my carbs low. I have already lost weight but not to goal. My stats are 200/182/140. I have gained 2 pounds back from what I was.

I am from Kansas, married, grown children and have 4 grandchildren, 1 dog.

We have had really cold weather here in Kansas and looking for more snow.
I am certainly ready for spring.

Lilybelle, I was reading your post. If your SD car is like that what does her house look like? Man!!! I have an x dil who lets her dogs poop all over the house and doesn't pick it up, also leaves weeks of dirty dishes and food everywhere. Shes the x now. Thank God.
Shirl

Last edited by Shirl2004; 02-11-2007 at 09:12 AM.
Shirl2004 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2007, 11:09 AM   #59  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Height: 5' 10"

Shirl
Leenie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2007, 12:00 PM   #60  
Lovin' Life

Shirl.....do we have the same dil?????? Mine isnt an ex yet. btw!