Old 01-29-2007, 08:52 AM   #1  
beachbum

Default Struck on 164,and it won't move, What Am

I Doing Wrong???? My DH says that I'm putting too many bread products[low carb 5 gr] back into my menus,especially at breakfast time.Do you think hes right.For instance I had Pancakes, Banana cream oatmeal, Maple Pecan Muffin,over the weekend[Sat Sun & Mon] All of the the main ingredient is ground almonds. Recipes that I found on Low carb recipe web site. He told me to cut these out and eat bacon & eggs. I'm sick of bacon & eggs and want variety in my meals.

My menus are in the menu section of the this board.Any help is a appreciated.
TIA

Hugs BB

Last edited by beach bum; 01-29-2007 at 01:08 PM.
beach bum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2007, 08:58 AM   #2  
Lovin' Life

S/C/G: 300/too much/155

why not try fruit smoothies for breakfast instead with added fibre to it. I'll go take a look at your menus, then I'll come back to this.

Ok....here is what I would do to get things moving again.
...drop all wraps/breads/bars etc.
...decrease heavy fats like cream cheese
...replace "bread carbs" with other carby veggies, and fruits
...use Wasa Crackers instead of breads. (I eat 2 a day)

I think you will see a difference next week.

I dont know if you remember Lacey, who used to post here quite often, she used eggs to break a plateau....just ate eggs and meat for a couple days, and it worked for her. Ive tried it and I have to admit as much as I hate to it works very very well.

Last edited by RobinW; 01-29-2007 at 09:04 AM.
RobinW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2007, 10:05 AM   #3  
lilybelle

S/C/G: 234/142/145

Height: 5'7

BB, I had that problem too with not being able to drop lbs. if I had much bread products. Try to cut it out for a week and see if it helps. I know what you mean about the eggs. I got sick of them too. There were times I ate lunch food for breakfast to get away from the eggs. I did notice my wt. stalled when I'd eat my Oats too.
I did try the 2 day egg fast twice. The first time I dropped 4 lbs. and kept it off. The second time, I wasn't happy at all. Ate totally nothing but eggs for 2 whole days and my wt. stayed the same. GRRRRRRRRR. Be careful if you try the egg fast. It made me nauseous and gave me diarrhea.
I made it through my son's b-day yesterday with just one small piece of cake and sent the rest to work with DH. That is an improvement for me. I love cake and can't be trusted with it. I also skipped on the ice cream, which is an improvement for me.
lilybelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2007, 10:50 AM   #4  
Lovin' Life

Quote:
Be careful if you try the egg fast. It made me nauseous and gave me diarrhea.
its from the sulfur in the eggs......gets you cleaned out pretty good
Old 01-30-2007, 08:57 AM   #5  
beachbum

Thanks Lily & Robin for your help,it seems to be working as the scale is finally going down.

Hugs BB
beach bum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2007, 09:21 AM   #6  
Lovin' Life

Wonderful!