Old 02-01-2007, 04:02 PM   #61  
lilybelle

S/C/G: 234/142/145

Height: 5'7

aud, WTG on losing those inches. That's what to do, look at the positive. My scale is up 2 lbs. too and I figure it's all the salt I've had. But, my tummy is flatter and I feel good, so I'm trying to stay positive too.

I have chicken on to boil to make a chicken soup with. I'm not going to make it to grocery store. DH was going to drive me, now he's going out of town this evening to buy firewood . It's been so cold here, no one has any wood left.
lilybelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2007, 06:04 PM   #62  
Lovin' Life

S/C/G: 300/too much/155

Brenda, Ive been saving my weight workout for the evenings....after working out the last thing I want to do is eat anything. Mind you, cardio I have to do during the day

You crochet dont you? pick it back up....crochet with some hot tea beside you, sounds like a nice evening.
RobinW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2007, 08:38 AM   #63  
Baby Steps

Lily: Hope you have a chance to get to the store so that you don't have to go out in icky weather!! And hope DH managed to get some wood for you!!

Aud: Girl, you know this is THE best place to blow off steam and get support. And a boost. So you just mosey on in here and let us help And WTG on the inches lost!

Kel: Thanks for the encouragement and thanks for posting the recipe. I'm not usually an adventurous cooker. But I'll add it to the things I want to make

Robin: I should exercise after supper. You're right, it'd be the perfect time! And I've got a granny square afghan started..but kind of burning out on afghans as I've been working on one after another for quite a while (since before Christmas) now. But if it comes down to it, you're right, I should pick it up.

So last night was the first night I didn't snack in a LONGGG time. Helped that we ate at 6:30 instead of the usual 4:00. I also wasn't feeling well so wasn't hungry anyway.
lady_adnerb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2007, 08:54 AM   #64  
beachbum

Good Morning Ladies

Its raining here,and I'm happy that Punxsutawney Phil don't see his shadow so, SPRING is just around the corner. I'm hoping that I will lose the 4 lbs during the Feb Challenge.Its a short month but I'm going to try real hard to achieve that possibility.

Lady_Adnerb--NO SNOW:snowshock: YIPEE!! just rain.You did exercise in one way lifting heavy pellets to me is exercise. I'm W-I tomorrow hope my ticker reading is true or a little lower.

Lily-Thanks for the congrats,I hope it reads like that tomorrow. I'm the same way,Loving Food, all kinds even the ednic ones.My mom would never believe that was me,as when I was a girl she had to beg me to eat. As far a staying in the house, I get cabin fever if I don't go out.You asked for it we'll keep you in line,if you want us too.

Aud-Sorry about your gain,sending you[[[cyper hugs]]] for your stress. Thinking positive is the key.Just keep on the positive note.

Kel-Thanks for the zucchini cheese recipe I love new things to eat. Will try it next week.

Have a great one

Hugs BB

Last edited by beach bum; 02-02-2007 at 09:46 AM.
beach bum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2007, 09:43 AM   #65  
Lovin' Life

Good Morning

Brenda, no wonder you snack at night....eating at 4 and then trying to stay away from anything all night makes it really really really hard!! When Im eating the way Im suppose to, I start cooking at 6, if Im hungry before that, I'll have a string cheese to hold me over. But its made a huge difference in late night snacking. Is holding supper off til 6-630, something you will be able to do all the time?

Im with you on an early spring BB, Im tired of being cold! Its really only been one month of "coldness" here this northern girl has officially turned into a wimp!

Ive rediscovered those little flavoured rice crackers! I eat something carby every night, either with my supper, or as a late snack after a weight workout. These are perfect, low cal, low fat, and reasonably lower carbs. Wonderful I really should eat them with a bit of salsa and cottage cheese. I'll do that tonight.

Alright, well yesterday went pretty good. I had a bit of trouble keeping my food intake down. I think it was a bit of leftover feelings from my free day. But, I made it, and Im feeling really good today. So.......on with another great op day

Have a great day ladies!

Last edited by RobinW; 02-02-2007 at 07:34 PM.
Old 02-02-2007, 01:50 PM   #66  
Baby Steps

BB: I'll trade you the rain for this freezing weather we're having. Winter finally hit us. We're below 0 in temps..but not sure exactly what the temp is as I'm afraid to find out. Wind chill and all!! BRRR!!

Robin: WTG on staying strong! I remember those cardboard...er...rice cakes And no, waiting until after 6:00 to eat isn't something I can do often. Guess I'll have to get in some cheese, venison sausage and other LC snackers for if I can't make it w/out snacking!!

I forgot to mention I stepped on the scale and was down a pound. I can't wait for tomorrow (official WI day). Would be cool to be down a pound already!! Then again, I drank a cappuccino (regular strength--not even LC), so it might be up again. But on a good note---I have our taxes done and e-filed! Now it's just a waiting game for the return
Old 02-02-2007, 02:50 PM   #67  
Lovin' Life

Brenda!! WTG!

I cant eat those rice cake thingys...you're right they taste like cardboard These are crackers....small thin and really crunchy. They are really good
Old 02-02-2007, 06:34 PM   #68  

S/C/G: 256/202.2/155

Height: 5'6.5

hi ladies.

You all are doing so great on plan! and this is such a positive place! I have been OP all week, but am not eating enough food. I have to be more organized next week and bring more food to the shop with me! I think I'm gonna change my weigh in day to Fridays or Saturdays. When do most of you weigh?

ok now I have to get something off my chest, I've been pretty darn good about keeping my comments to myself while you ladies discuss the weather in your perspective areas.....but now I'm gonna whine. We have had winter HARDCORE since early October. We got 3 feet of snow back in October and it never went away. We just got more and more of it. The snow drift out my window is five feet in some spots and it's minus 21 C with the wind right now...and it's warmed up! I usually don't complain through winter. I live in Northern Canada...winter is part of the package....but we also usually get autumn...we didn't get autumn this year...just summer then, cold, then winter.....plus in the heart of winter it doesn't get light out until 9am and gets dark at 3:30pm....have I mentioned that I'm sick of winter....lol. SO when I read posts about rain, and no snow and mild weather, I have to admit I'm a bit jealous.

That's the end of my rant....thanks for listening.

Have a great evening
Tracy
PS can I ask you all to send a positive treadmill vibe my way so I don't have to nag my husband to get it set up? ....thanks so much!
tqvirgo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2007, 07:49 PM   #69  
Lovin' Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by tqvirgo View Post
ok now I have to get something off my chest, I've been pretty darn good about keeping my comments to myself while you ladies discuss the weather in your perspective areas.....but now I'm gonna whine. We have had winter HARDCORE since early October. We got 3 feet of snow back in October and it never went away. We just got more and more of it. The snow drift out my window is five feet in some spots and it's minus 21 C with the wind right now...and it's warmed up! I usually don't complain through winter. I live in Northern Canada...winter is part of the package....but we also usually get autumn...we didn't get autumn this year...just summer then, cold, then winter.....plus in the heart of winter it doesn't get light out until 9am and gets dark at 3:30pm....have I mentioned that I'm sick of winter....lol. SO when I read posts about rain, and no snow and mild weather, I have to admit I'm a bit jealous.

That's the end of my rant....thanks for listening.
Tracy, you're too funny!!!!!!!!!!!!! Dont ever hold back when we are whining about a few inches of snow, with temps just below 0 Celcius, when you live right next door to the frozen tundra!!

So, you go for it girl, Id love to hear whats happening with you and your weather....makes me miss home I really do miss the snow that stays

Ive had a great day, eating is right on, got all my exercise in, and I went and joined sam's club exciting eh?!
Old 02-02-2007, 07:51 PM   #70  
Lovin' Life

oh Tracy, I forgot....if you start to put the treadmill together will come and take over for you? Usually works for me with my dh Sending good vibes your way :
Old 02-02-2007, 09:29 PM   #71  
lilybelle

Hi everyone, my computer was down all morning and I was so bored. I did a thorough house cleaning. Helped my DH unload and stack our 2 ricks of wood. I did get groceries so won't have to go hungry or eat something I shouldn't. So I'm happy and Full.

Good news is the 2 lbs. that showed up on scale yesterday were gone this morning. I'm in my maintenance range again. yippee. I didn't think there was anyway I had eaten enough to have gained fat. I'm being super-careful and logging every bite in Fitday.

Tomorrow I'm off to the mall to help DD pick out some new shoes. Gotta be with her or she picks out some really ugly ones. LOL.
Old 02-02-2007, 09:37 PM   #72  
Baby Steps

Robin: I'd love to know what type of crackers those are. I miss cheese, sausage & crackers!!

Tracy: You just rant away! I remember "back when" when we had more snow and colder weather than we've been having. I got spoiled. I hate winter as well, and know that we don't have it rough in WI like you all do there! And hope you get the treadmill put together. Robin's DH and mine are alike Give it a try??

No Snack again for me tonight. By the time I figured out what I was hungry for and cooked it (steak & salad) it was 6:00
Old 02-02-2007, 10:43 PM   #73  
Lovin' Life

Brenda, these are the crackers here....http://www.amazon.com/Sesmark-Thins-...s=gourmet-food sorry for the long link.

They have 25 grams of carbs per serving.....but the ones I have are 18 crackers per serving....so if I did my math right, thats 1.38 carbs per cracker. Ive been eating one carby thing a day to help me maintain muscle growth. Always in the evening tho, that way if the sugar monsters attack, I can just go to bed.......or sleep thru it
Old 02-02-2007, 10:59 PM   #74  
lilybelle

I can't wait for Spring. I'll be on the creek bed and at the pond doing me some crappie fishing. Brenda I know you like hunting. Do you go fishing too. I love to fish. I also like baking my fish with seasonings and a little butter, the rest of my family loves fried fish.

BB, thanks for the kick in the butt and smack on the head. It worked. I got my lazy butt on the treadmill tonite.
Old 02-03-2007, 09:29 AM   #75  

S/C/G: 256/202.2/155

Height: 5'6.5

Thanks for letting me rant ladies. I usually don't b***h about winter much...weather is weather and I can't make it change so I think it's a waste to get worked up about, but winter doesn't usually get ramped right up here until December or January, so most winters I don't mind and don't start complaining until spring hits and everything is such a huge mess with slush and mud and such. It's been four months already and the crappy part is that the tempurature swings have been wild. We'll go for a week of around zero weather and then it'll snow hard and then plummit for a week or two (or sometimes 3 or 4 weeks). The good news is, I think all the damn gophers predicted early spring....I hope they're right!!!!!

I had an off plan evening last evening. I went to dinner with a girl friend and ate what I wanted including dessert. It was good, but nothing that made me think or feel that I would have any problem getting right back on plan today. I didn't even really feel guilty about it. I just decided that afternoon that I was gonna treat myself. I'll see how it affects the scale Monday. I'm going to weigh Monday and then Friday so I can switch my weigh-in day.

I am going to a pizza party after work today so I'll make sure I eat before we go. I was worried about being around pizza, but since I went over board last night....I'm not worried anymore.
have a great day ladies!
Tracy
tqvirgo is offline   Reply With Quote