Old 01-12-2007, 09:08 AM   #46  
aud
lc lifestyle

S/C/G: 254/234/139

Height: 5'6"

A day off - HURRAH! Last two weeks of day shift were pure **** for my Body Clock and also very stressful from a "We'll move all these jobs to Mexico in a Heartbeat" standpoint. Had a few emotional eating setbacks since we've chatted - I think two - but just leaps and bounds better than what I would be eating like Pre-November/Finding You All. I'm thinking the stress of all this would have had me easily over 300+ on this 5'6" frame. Have been able to STOP-REGROUP and quickly move on. Weight lifting has helped TREMENDOUSLY - can't even believe I'm typing those words!! Has really jump started my non-existent menopausal metabolism. I've been vigilant with my OTC Estroven and just really on an even WOE keel.

YAAAAAY LC!

Hi nona! Have enjoyed your Posts while catching up and am in awe of anyone who can dance! We lost a Dance Legend from MO last year . . . I'll be dadgummed if I can think of her name right now . . . *injecting more coffee to brain* *sip* *sip* . . . ummmmm . . . East St. Louis native . . . was in her mid 90's (dancers always seem to have such a long, healthy life span, eh?) . . . did lots of Charitable Dance Foundation Work - Africa & St. Louis . . . just not coming to me---Grrrrrrrrrrrr.

LOVED dance aerobics in the 80's/Jane Fonda type studios everywhere - anyone remember? Leg warmers . . . head bands . . . spandex . . . I'm getting better at 20 yr old DD's DanceDance Revolution but at 46 and this weight - more suited to 9 yr old DD's Strawberry Shortcake Version!!! BOTH of them just fly along with the beat/steps.

ArkieArkieArkie . . . you are really on a ROLL. Has been so motivational catching up with your Posts! Keep ON those credits - they'll be worth something somewhere. I DID have a few junior college classes that never did transfer anywhere - but think it only added up to like 6-8 hours worth.

Didn't get any walking in yesterday for the first time since the PlayOff Beer Binge last weekend . . . I'm listening to some kind of Detective/Mystery series - Janet Evanovitch (sp? ) - All the books are numbered - I'm on 7 & 8 involving a female Bounty Hunter--Stephanie Plum? Just GET LOST in them and the steps/miles FLY BY.

Found out Our Library is doscontinuing "cassette" Books On Tape so not sure what that will mean - DD is the techno person in this house and she isn't aware of any kind of headset that plays the CD - that isn't awkward.

Ideas anyone?
aud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2007, 10:11 AM   #47  

Aud, I think you can use an IPOD or something like that to record and use for walking. My kids know what it is but at 57 I know very little. Surely your DD will know.
carolr3639 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2007, 11:07 AM   #48  
lilybelle

S/C/G: 234/142/145

Height: 5'7

Hi everyone,

I'm feeling fairly well today. Up early dealing with puppies that won't stay where I put them. I found 2 in the living room this morning. I took them all out and put them in the dog house. It's 61 degrees here now and is supposed to be sleet and snow tomorrow. Out of a total of 12, only five were still in the baby pool this morning. I need a new way to corral the little fellars. They now have sharp little teeth. I can't put them in a playpen caused they'd chew the mesh sides apart.

aud, as for my step-daughter and her DH , I think they're both nuts. Dysfunctional family is right. I do think she may have a gambling problem. I've went to bingo with her and seen her go through tons of money trying to win. Also, found stacks of scratch off lotto things in her car and my car when she was driving it.

As for the "Uncle Pat" I do know there is nothing going on there. He is never around. He works on an off-shore drilling rig in Alaska. Has a wife of 30 years and several kids. Makes great money. The only way she can contact him is by phone. As far as her being on "crack" , I don't think she is now. But, I do think she was on it after her first child. The reason why is after first baby she lost about 60 lbs. and was having pseudo-seizure type things that were very strange. Unlike anything I'd seen in 20 yrs. as a nurse. Would go limp, shake , her eyes would roll back in her head and she'd not know what happened. More than once I had to take the baby from her arms before she dropped him. This went on for several months. This time after her pregnancy she hasn't lost any of the weight and she isn't doing this weird behavior. My DH thought she was on drugs of some type at that time. She did go to the ER and they never could expalin what was wrong with her. Put her on mega-doses of Valium. Her brain CT's came back normal and they said she wasn't actually having seizures.

I am still trying to get my dang car back. She is supposed to bring it home today and clean it out. Anytime she has it, it's a pig sty. Totally full of junk food wrappers and baby junk.

Last night me, DH and DS went to the Outback for dinner. Needless to say, I didn't stay on program. I was sure I was in Ketosis and screwed that up royally. I'm back on program today.

My son's sergeant told him to get his "financial" matters in hand. He had me go to the bank with him and added my name to his account so I can pay his bills for him if and when he's deployed. All the signs are there.
lilybelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2007, 11:22 AM   #49  
Lovin' Life

S/C/G: 300/too much/155

Lily, did your son's unit go to iraq while your son was someplace else? Did I understand that correctly? If so, ....and it looks like things are moving for him, make sure he has his vaccinations he needs before he goes. (all arranged thru the military) My stepson, had quite a few things he had to get before he was deployed. One was for anthrax, and some others he never specified. But if your son wasnt close to the unit at the time of deployment, he may not have gotten any of this stuff done. Check with him....make sure.
RobinW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2007, 12:09 PM   #50  
lilybelle

Robin, his unit was sent when he was in basic and AIT. His unit is now currently updating all their shots. He hates shots and has been complaining of how many he has just gotten last weekend. They also updated their lifesaver skills last weekend even though it wasn't time til May for them to update on that. Had to put IV's in each other and such. He usually knows a yr. in advance where he'll be scheduled for summer training. This time there isn't a schedule for it. From what I know, he'll only get 48 hrs. notice if being deployed. They'll go to Fort Hood, Texas for 3 months of training first. Then to Kuwait to get acclimated to the desert weather and more training for a few months and then to Iraq.. His job description is "demolitions expert".

Last edited by lilybelle; 01-12-2007 at 12:15 PM.
Old 01-12-2007, 12:43 PM   #51  
Lovin' Life

S/C/G: 300/too much/155

well thats good! My stepson has been out of town all week, so we havent heard anything. It was orginally thought he was going to be heading over mid december...but things get changed so fast. He'll hear rumours about time of deployment, and when (about). So you'll be a bit better prepared mentally when he actually goes. I'll keep everything crossed hoping he stays home.
RobinW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2007, 12:58 PM   #52  
beachbum

Hi Ladies

Just wanted to say HiBusy the last couple of days,today I went with my DH to have blood work for his up coming Catscan this Tues.Won't be able to go with him next Tues as we're donating a sofa bed and wing chair to the Salvation Army to make room for my new GYM. Going to get my treadmill up stairs. Have the bike already in the computer room. No more guest room for us ,as no one ever visited us in the tens years we're up here. [except our DD & DS] & they only came up when my DH had the cancer.
If some one comes up here we're going to bring out the air bed & set it up in our living room.Sounds selfish ,but I need a place where I can exercise every day as my DH Naps in the living room.So we decided on letting the guest room go.

PhoenixSong-Thanks for your kind words.Hoping that I'm going to reach my goal this year,as in years past I got close but than the grain carbs brought me back to square one.

Hugs BB
beach bum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2007, 01:12 PM   #53  
aud
lc lifestyle

Can't believe that I totally forgot to say when Posting in my Marathon Catch-Up Posts that all of our wonderful soldiers remain in my prayers - and have added their Special Moms. Hang In There! Military/Deployed DS's must be ranked right at the top of a Mothers Worst Nightmare. Prayers flying out to beachie & dh as well! LOVIN' the OUT with the Guest Room - IN with the exercise room move beachb!!!

Quick Note: My Beloved Nephew (now 31) became involved with a gal--"Mother" of 2 that he loves like his own. (14 yr old girl---newborn son/neither with bio Dad's.) Long Story Short: She was/is a prescription pain pill freak/addict/scammer. Stole from everyone in our family - on CASUAL visits. My Sis always bailing them out - he bgan to act strangely - turns out that he has turned into a raging methamphetamine user (like so many in the rural MO county I'm from.) Reached crisis proportions during a drug fueled argument/fight/arrests - when she grabbed her juvenile diabetic DD's insulin kit and injected herself with enuf to kill a horse in front of him and the now 3 yr old son.

Gee, this is getting long - my apologies.

Conclusion: Both went to rehab and are supposedly "clean" now - behavior over the Txgiving/Christmas Holidays (avoidance) - set off the not always accurate Aud-Sniffer - but remain hopeful.

Must log off b4 I get into the gambling addict Siblings Sagas . . .
Old 01-12-2007, 02:19 PM   #54  
It's my perogative!

S/C/G: 249/247/180

Hey guys sorry that i have not been on. We have had a lot going on around here. I am trying to catch up here today. I am going to also try and start checking in with you guys every morning. i have explained the whole atkins thing to my husband and he is more understanding of it all now and is going to also start exercising with me. So i am pretty excited about it. Well i am off to catch up on posts.
ilovemike4alwayz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2007, 06:05 PM   #55  
lilybelle

BB, WTG on getting you a home gym set up. I've done the same thing. Now, if I'd just get my butt in there and use it.

We are in for major ice storm. Freezing rain right now. I am cold, cold , cold. We have moved firewood under the deck for in case the electricity goes off, like it usually does with an ice storm. Food is stocked well, so we'll be OK. At least I have a gas cook stove and a small generator that will keep the fridge running for us. This weather is crazy, it was 61 degrees when I got up and took pups out this morning. Temps have fallen dramatically. I got all the pups back in now and put up a baby gate to keep them in one room. Best I can really do as it's too cold for them now outside. Molly is plenty big enough to step over the gate to go in and feed them.

aud, the story with your nephew sounds a lot like what we've been through. Glad to hear they went to rehab. My DH's step-brother has been to rehab a dozen times for meth and always gets back on it. He doesn't have nothing to do with DH since my DH is a cop. The drug problem here in our small rural community is horrible too. DH never tells me when he is going to be doing a drug raid because he knows it scares me to death. He's the one that kicks the door in and goes in first.

ilovemike, glad to hear you're getting your DH's support with Atkins. That will help so much.

She still hasn't brought my dang car back. I tried to go get it and she isn't home. GrRRRRRRRR.
Old 01-13-2007, 10:13 AM   #56  
lilybelle

Good morning. If I go missing for a few days wanted you all to know it's because of the ice storm we're getting. Power lines and trees are covered in ice. TV keeps saying to prepare for power outages. You can bet I'll be huddled up by the fireplace keeping warm. Good day everyone. Even my 2 kitties that normally stay outside are inside to keep warm. Feels like I have a Zoo in my house right now. Can you only imagine how many times a day I do laundry and change out the puppies blankets . Also my carpet shampooer has never seen this much work. That Spot Dot thing works great for quick clean up of puppy mess.

Last night I weighed myself , then picked up a pup and weighed holding a pup. They are 3 lbs. now. Except the runt, he's a lot smaller.

My eating has been good and I'm back on track. Had only 13 carbs yesterday. I plan to get back in Ketosis and lose a couple lbs. I really like seeing that scale move and that makes it hard for me with maintenance. But, I seem to always be fluctuating a few lbs. so there is always some to take off. My appetite has really been low lately and I haven't been eating much. I sometimes have days when I'm really hungry, but not lately. I prefer to keep my weight at 140-143, that seems to be when I feel my best and my tummy feels it's flattest. I wish I had a skinny tummy, but it's not happening.
Old 01-13-2007, 02:49 PM   #57  
beachbum

Hi Ladies

Nothing new to report today. Its raining and we're going back into mild weather until next Wed.and than the fun should begin as winter will be finally among us. Shouldn't complain as we had a warm & nice weather all of Nov,Dec and part of Jan.
LILY-Thanks, I'm really excited about setting up my gym. I used to use my treadmill every day,but when we moved I had no room for it. Now thats going to be a different story and hopefully I will be able to lose faster. The room will have 3 pcs of equipment my stationery bike treadmill and stepper Now I will need a small tv with a dvd player and I'll be all set.

AUD-Thanks,As I told Lily I'm ready to start a new trend in my exercising routine.Thanks for the prayers also.Soory to hear about your nephew & his friend Hope they stay clean from now on.

Have a nice weekend

Hugs BB
beach bum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2007, 05:20 PM   #58  
aud
lc lifestyle

Ahhhh beachie . . . bet these last 20 or so lbs will really melt/turn to muscle now! I've got a bowflex in the garage - used to be the centerpiece in our dining room! LOL! Haven't made it out there in ages - a really good work out too.

Meth is the scourge of Rrual America, I think. When I go "down home" for visits - seems like I always am seeing another skeletal old friend - who I BARELY will recognize . . . more teeth missing. I bet you do worry lily - so many horror stories about explosions. Couldn't BELIEVE the special I saw about the poisonous ingredients of this crud - I was no stranger to casual drug use in the mid to late 70's - but THIS STUFF is so dayum POISONOUS - can easily imagine myself "just saying NO" to it - just like I did when all my teen GF's were doing "poppers" and when I asked them what it was made out of and they said "embalming fluid" - laughed and shook my head!

Just didn't sound FUN, ya know? Just like - fertilizer and Drano and cold pills and whatever else that's in that stuff doesn't sound real good.

Another relaxing/do nothing waiting on the ice storm day . . . Hope everyone is safe and sound!
Old 01-13-2007, 10:02 PM   #59  
Baby Steps

Did my official WI and was disappointed that it hadn't gone down even a pound....and then proceeded to eat junk food. What a waste! I mean, yes, I made sure to eat it slow as to enjoy it..but then realized it really wasn't what I wanted to eat anyway. So messed up for....NO REASON! UGH! OK, so tomorrow's another day.
Just a note about military people.....my nephew/Godchild is in the Army, came home for Christmas and told us that because his training is done...that his unit is "on reserve" or something like that to go to Iraq. I'm taking it that means it's just a matter of more training for that before he's shipped out. So I feel for you all!!!
Hugs---and don't forget your water (I keep forgetting mine!)
lady_adnerb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2007, 12:59 AM   #60  
lilybelle

Hi everyone. I still have power so far. It's cold and icy here. I'm staying inside by the fireplace. Playing cards and drinking coffee.

BB, I badly need to get myself back to my exercise routine. It's been hard lately as DH has been working 3AM to 3PM and is going to bed early at night in the room where my treadmill is. I'm very tired early of the day and don't like to exercise til night when I have my energy boost. I've used my elliptical some, but it's in the room with the puppies for now. We are going to move it to our room. I never want to wake the pups up while I exercise and if they're awake they are all over the place. Part of it is, I'm lazy and I need to get over it and Exercise.

aud, Yes, , I see lots of people around here that are skin and bones with 1/2 their teeth rotted out due to Meth. It's a real problem. I would never have tried that junk, for sure.

Brenda, I hope your nephew doesn't have to go back to Iraq. My son's unit seems to be "gearing up" to go.

I haven't been drinking the water like I did last week. I sure need to remember to do this too.

aud, thanks for the prayers to our military family. My son going over there is a nightmare for me. I worry about what he'll be exposed to and how it'll effect him. My DH was the 2nd police officer at the scene of the Oklahoma City bombing and he still has nightmares about it. He has definitely suffered Post traumatic stress from it. I was working in Okla. City at the time and was in charge of one of the hospital morgues. I never got over it either.

Last edited by lilybelle; 01-14-2007 at 01:05 AM.