Old 01-05-2006, 04:18 PM   #1  

Default Do you reward yourself?

Do you reward yourself for sticking to your plan or when you reach a goal? If so, what are your rewards? (If I may be so nosey) As of now for each week I stick the plan then I can buy myself fresh flowers for the kitchen table.

I've read the typical ideas but most of them are things like manicures, pedicures, etc. Pampering is all fine and good but I don't really find it as a reward to myself. Maybe because I worked it as a career for 12 years that I would prefer to stay clear of the salons and spas for fear of feeling like I'm "at work"? Who knows...

Anyway, I'm just curious what everyone else has found as a nice reward to themselves. Just lookin' for some ideas of things to look forward to. I know the new will wear off of those flowers.
1dayatatime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2006, 06:26 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 165/147/128

Height: 5'3"

New bras, new underwear.
srmb60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2006, 08:08 PM   #3  
believes in tofu

New clothes

Sometimes, something naughty like a piece of cheese (i'm vegan). But that kind of defeats the cause, I really have to stop doing that.

Sometimes I just think I don't deserve a reward, this was what i was *supposed* to do. I don't get rewards for doing my homework, or showering, or simply waking up or even breathing. This is just one more thing I have to do.
Arkle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2006, 09:15 PM   #4  
geeky pagan chick

S/C/G: 265/136/150

I tried many times to do rewards along the way, but it never really did much for me to be honest. Things I really want I'll just do/buy anyway, and when I tried to use special things I don't normally take the time for... well I still didn't find time for them The only reward that really ended up mattering was the weightloss & improved fitness. I felt and looked better and better and that kept me going.
Tani is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2006, 01:03 PM   #5  

I love your idea of the flowers!

I have a hard time rewarding myself, because if I want something (such as a music CD), I'm depriving myself the instant I say I'm only going to have it as a reward. But flowers are something I don't buy, but they'd be special if I was rewarding myself for a week or two of eating right or maybe every time I lose 10 pounds.

Well, the real answer is, I reward myself with food. The one time in my life that I ever stayed on a diet for any length of time, I allowed myself to eat one anything-I-want meal every payday, which was every other week for me. It had to be a meal, though, not a sustained pig-out.

I'm working this into my current diet, though I haven't decided on the frequency or the form it will take.

If you know about flylady (flylady.net), she has stickers people can use when they meet their goals. I was thinking I could get my own stickers to put on my calendar for each day I stick to the diet. Silly, but fun and maybe they'll motivate me.
Siena1383 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2006, 01:48 PM   #6  
Movin on down the scale

I did the "day at the spa" when I reached my 1/2 way mark, it was NICE to spend a day pampering myself. But now that I am over that "hump" I have switched to new rewards. I am between 15-20lbs from goal now and I just bought myself a bunch of clothes (work mostly) but I can mix and match them to carry me through the rest of this winter/early spring. By then I *should* be at goal, I know some will still work for me, and some will just not fit then, so I will by spring start stocking my closet with the basic needs for working/playing. For smaller accomplishments, I try to treat myself to a "me" day, I pick something I want to do ALONE, maybe read a book, see a movie, it may just be going to bed at 6pm to drink tea and read, but NO ONE is allowed to bother me for any reason during "me" time.
GonnaLooseitagain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2006, 05:56 PM   #7  

I posted and the silly wireless router pooped out on me so now I gotta do it again

Ahem, as I was saying I have totally enjoyed my flowers this past week. They've found themselves in the front entry, the kitchen table, and now on an end table in the living room. I wasn't so good yesterday so I won't be getting any this week. That's okay, I will definately look forward to them next week.
Old 01-16-2006, 03:41 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 307/187/130

Height: 5'4"

My current reward for reaching the 50 lb loss mark is my trip to my graduation in July. I bought my cap and gown and I ordered the gown 1 size smaller so I have to work hard to meet my goal When I reach my ultimate goal I get to have a tummy tuck and $700 on a whole new wardrobe which are rewards that my husband has set up for me, isn't he a doll lol!
MichelleRae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2006, 06:29 PM   #9  

Hi
Oh gosh, I love rewards !! My last reward to myself was a new exersise game. I really wanted something new, to exercise to, so I splurged a little on something great as my reward. My next reward will also be exercise involed as well, but after that I'm getting new clothes !! And when I reach 45 more lbs, I am going to a salon and getting my hair done proffesionally and BLONDE !! No more mousy brown. I can't wait for that day.

I do love the flowers idea though, that would be nice, something pretty to look at, as well as a remider for the week at hand.
Good luck finding stuff, you definetly deserve it !!!
lindystar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2006, 08:21 PM   #10  

extremely sexy new bras and underwear!
susie_sunshine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2006, 10:18 PM   #11  
GmaTo8

Since I had so much to lose, I prepared for fifty, to begin with. I bought a charm braclet (not Italian) and 5 charms - 1 for each 10 pounds.

The first one is a cross to stand for my religious belief that a higher power would guide me, the 2nd is a heart to remind me to love myself, no matter what. The 3rd is a owl for wisdom to know what I can change, (as opposed to what I can't). The 4th is a lion for courage to keep going, even when I felt like stopping. And the 5th is a key - for the key to success of losing 50 pounds. Since then, I've gone on to lose more, but the bracelet means more to me than I can say.

Finding something that is close to your own heart is a true motivator, imo. In addition to that, go for the sexy undies, lol.
Jane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2006, 08:56 AM   #12  

WOW! I love the charm bracelet idea!
Old 01-26-2006, 06:54 PM   #13  

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1dayatatime
Do you reward yourself for sticking to your plan or when you reach a goal? If so, what are your rewards? (If I may be so nosey) As of now for each week I stick the plan then I can buy myself fresh flowers for the kitchen table.
I just bought myself a Pandora locking bracelet for my first goal of losing 5 pounds. My plan is to reward myself with a charm for every 5 pounds I lose. I love the look of these bracelets and I think that I will be able to say to myself "Do you want ice cream or that really cool charm?" and actually lean towards the charm. (They cost $15 and up each.)

Kimberly
KimberlyinMN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2006, 08:42 PM   #14  

Ya know, I saw someone's signature that said they were saving for their new wardrobe and saved according to loss and, I think, exercise. I'm gonna start this myself - in addition to flowers of course. I was looking at all the cute summer stuff and I found myself totally motivated!!!
Old 01-27-2006, 12:04 AM   #15  

S/C/G: 212/166/139

Height: 5'6"

My plan for rewards is to buy something for myself that I normally wouldn't for every 10 lbs I loose. They are things that I'd like to have but would normally feel guilty for spending money on.The first reward (yay!) was a purse. The next is going to be a Nascar t-shirt in ladies x-lg that will hopefully fit by then.Then the next is going to be one of the Crest whitestrip teeth whitening kits. Haven't thought beyond that but of course at final goal a new wardrobe.
lilolme is offline   Reply With Quote