Closed Thread

Old 05-16-2005, 10:28 AM   #61  

S/C/G: 217/217/156

Height: 5'4"

Amy - I forgot to mention the Indian Dance. I took ONE lesson many years ago and I know just how you feel. I love that dance and music so much.
Old 05-16-2005, 11:26 AM   #62  
Viva la vida loca!

S/C/G: 360/329/297 (second 10%)

Height: 5'6"

Hey girls!

Hope everyone had a great weekend. Mine was pretty good, spending the night at the inlaws (my MIL's computer had two Trojan horses, so I had to uninstall/reinstall just about everything and reconfigure her security system so it works properly. Funny, I had to fix my brother in law's computer last month..hmm.) Anyway, she is all happy again and it was great fun spending time with them.

I ate like a hog on a floored pen, though -- yikes, the food I packed in!

Going forward though -- my overindulgence is now history and I must live with the consequences.

I'm not familiar with the Indian dance you all mentioned but it sounds like a great workout! I always find my little didn't-know-I-had-one muscles are the ones that hurt most when I work them. Guess they don't like me waking them up!

I'll check back later. And I WILL be counting my calories!!
Old 05-16-2005, 12:47 PM   #63  

S/C/G: 212/144/130

Elyse~ For me it is a day to day commitment to get up and go work out. Each day I choose to eat the right food and allow my self treats now and then. It took about 3-6 month to re program my way of thinking about 6-7 small meals and not 3 large one. Also as the weight came off and now being 2 years in and loosing so much I am not willing to loose all that for food. Allowing my self to go out now and then and eat a dessert or some pizza helps me stay OP with my food. It truly gets easier with time. After a year I started craving my work out and if I got lazy or just too busy and missed more than 2 days in a row I feel bad and miss it. I can feel my muscles getting lazy......I get scared because that is the thing that puts us back. It is not the late night snack but it is the 3 days turning into a week and into a month of not working out then you are back were you started. I love fatty foods but now after so long when I do treat my self it makes me feel bad, I get an upset tummy! I enjoy fresh foods and veggies. It is so true that your body craves what it is use to eating. The longer you stay away from fatty foods and eat good foods your body will catch up and begin wanting the good stuff, not that we will never crave chocolate again! Does any of that make since. At this point I feel so much better, have more energy, look better and have way too much to loose to go back! Day to day and get in that work out. No matter how tired you are or how hard it is to get up and do it once you stand up and go is that much easier and over than you feel great. Don't be too hard on your self. Some of us will give up over a bad week of eating or gaining a few pounds. The difference between a maintainer and a constant dieter is the person who just says they messed up and is right back out there working out and eating right the next week!
Hope this helps and this is the first time in my life I have done it the right way and kept it off. Good luck and it is all in the mind.........

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/atta...chmentid=20473
Amie

Last edited by amoses; 05-16-2005 at 04:48 PM.
Old 05-16-2005, 03:16 PM   #64  

Hello Ladies,

Looks like everyone is doing good! Everything is going good here to! I had a great weekend, it was my b-day friday and my fiance took me out for Thai food, YUM!!! I had never had it and I loved it, so good!! I also got up yesterday morning and weighed and I had lost another 1/2 lb, like before, not much but at least its a loss

Amie~ you just look beautiful now, (well not that you wasnt before, you know what I mean ) I just cant get over how you have changed! You look good, sound good and are doing good, I couldnt be more happier for you

Amy~ I wish I had your spunk, you just seem to go and go and go.......I can only go so far and then I drop my son's class also had a concert last week, they were all so cute! Those moments and watching them are definately what being a mom is all about, I love it! (and his class, kindergarten, did better than the 1st and 2nd graders )

Elyse~ I had lost like 40 lbs in only like a month and a half when I first started to lose weight but that was because of the depression I was in (divorce) but I realized that wasnt the way to go and started fixing things I guess you could say! Sometimes it does come off fast at first then it is so slow for the remainder to go(like now, grrr) I have been working on the last 25-30 lbs for like 1 yr now, but as long as you are counting your cal's and doing your excersise, that is the way to go, it will come off! But CONGRATS on the 2 lbs lost, good for you

Holly~ nice to hear from you, sounds like things are getting a bit better, glad to hear! And I know about this colder weather, I am so tired of it, you cant plan anything outside cause it is either cold or raining or both, for the last couple weeks its been both Oh well what do ya do??? (maybe plan another trip to go see Amie in S.C, hehe)

You all have a great week, Amie has me hooked on E-Bay now Im gonna go and search for treasures You all keep up staying OP......we can all do this....together.......

Lori
Old 05-16-2005, 06:58 PM   #65  
Biker Chick!

S/C/G: 169/152/145

Height: 5' 5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by aphil
The program was just what I expected-the one child who won't sing, the one showing their underwear in their dress, someone picking their nose, and the child who sings 10 times louder and more off key than anyone else. Classic.
!!!!! so funny, so true

amie, WOW, you are a cutie!! what great long dark hair, and look how much SMALLER you are in your mid-section...and nice nails, also!!! What great comparision pictures, CONGRATS!!keep on!!!

Lisi, CONGRATS to you also!! (cup runneth over, heehee )

hi cacmse, and waterbaby!

Lisi, I guess I could loosely call myself a maintainer; lost the major weight (34 pounds) in 2002; then went up as much as 9 pounds at one point; now back to almost where I was. But it's been consistant exercise that has made the difference, than all the past "diets".

Yes, I am feeling better. I think my husband has been nicer to me lately. AND I started my beloved summer/fall job, that always improves things

Lori, YES, what is with the coolness and rain and clouds?? tomorrow is supposed to be the least crummy day of the week...variable clouds, chance of a passing shower, highs in the upper 50's to low 60's. But I switched work days so that I can have off tomorrow to ride and explore Vermont some more

I'm at TOM now but when it's over, I have GOT to measure myself...time to face the facts and see what's happening.
Old 05-16-2005, 07:16 PM   #66  

Default Hi Everyone!

Hi to all! I'm not a total old fashioner but would like to be included. I am post gastric bypass 2 1/2 yrs but have managed to gain back about 40lbs so am now having to do it the old fashioned way. I am extremely disappointed in myself after having spent the time, money, not to mention the pain of going through the surgery to let myself gain back. Now, I am determined to get those pounds off and the only way to do it is counting calories (or points as I am doing home weight watchers plan) and good ol exercise. My birthday is in July so my goal is to be 15 - 20 lbs lighter by then. I have already lost 6 so I'm well on my weigh. Nice to meet everyone!
Old 05-16-2005, 08:15 PM   #67  

I'm at TOM now but when it's over, I have GOT to measure myself...time to face the facts and see what's happening.[/QUOTE]

tom - took me long enough, Holly
ckmccall - you're in a good place here, welcome. Keep reading and writing.
Old 05-17-2005, 07:03 AM   #68  
fIREFLY

S/C/G: 179/172.5/165

Height: 5'7''

Elyse great questions and I enjoyed reading the responses. I know that working out sure does make the difference for me. I need to count calories too!
Holly glad to see things are going better for you.
Amie what good advice you have passed on to the rest of us. Thank you for sharing.
Lori congradulations on your loss. Every bit counts thats for sure.
Claire it was a weekend away and the little extras are easy to add in our intake. Its jumping back into the routine when you get back home that can make the difference.
I had a great workout yesterday. I tried some new things at the gym. My intake was great until I got home and I let afew no no's in for the day. I find when I start a higher level of exercise that my intake nees adjusting. I guess maybe having an apple and water on the way home would help its about a 25 min. ride.
Does anyone else find this to be an adjustment and if so what has helped you out?
Old 05-17-2005, 09:01 AM   #69  

S/C/G: 212/144/130

cacmsc ~ We can all learn from each others hard work and short falls, that's for sure!

I think we all know the formula for loosing weight the healthy way, it is so basic but it is getting the mind set and doing it that is hard and accepting the fact that it doesn't happen over night! TV, Magazines and our parents diets have been engraved in our brains, that is the a hard thing to change. Our moms and friends live on salads alone to diet and are so hungry they quit after a week or two. We have been taught through the American life style and diet to eat 3 large meals a day (of mostly fats, carbs and sugar), more is better and that we have to have things immediately. We are killing our selves with early heart attacks and diabetes. Magazines show us that a sexy women is being a size 0 at 5'-11"! We are all shaped different, are different heights and for some of us, even a size 6 is unapproachable and we would look healthy, thin and beautiful in a size 8, 10 or 12. I have hips and DD's I will never be a size 2! Then we have TV brain washing us to eat at all these great restaurants and constant fast food commercials while showing us girls, again that are 5'-11" and a size 0! The hardest part is reprogramming your brain to "eat to loose" and to eat "smaller portions" of fresher foods instead of processed and baked or grilled instead of fried. Everything is super sized or frozen processed foods and then we drive or sit (me in my cube!) all day with no exercise! We have to exercise. It is hard in society today to get it in, with two working parents, working single parents, drive troughs, neighborhoods with no side walks, remote controls for everything! We do not walk and work like they did years ago and now we have to find other forms of exercise. We can all do this on our own pace with out diet pills or expensive club fees....It is all in the mind set, foods you choose and weekly exercise (what ever that may be for you and your life style). My DD is already exercising with me at her level, being only 4, and learning that two much sugar is bad and that she needs to eat healthy to be healthy and that feels so good. I didn't have that growing up. I remember when I was at 212 lbs I thought about when she went to school that she would be embarrassed of me and that she would eat like I was and also become over weight as a child, I didn't set such a great example for her. That was one of the things that got me started besides the fact that when I laid on my back my chest was smothering me and I was having trouble sleeping at only 29! I have a family history of weight problems, diabetes and heart disease and have been over weight since I was 9 years old and I lost my weight by simple eating the right way and walking on my treadmill 3-5 times a week. I have never taken diet pills, drinks or bought a book or even joined a club. If I can do this being a working mom with a 1:15 min commute each way and a family history......we all can!

I hope we all can find our own roads to a leaner "healthier" more active person for our selves and our families, not for what the media thinks we should be. We are all here to inspire each other and share our short falls and our success stories. You never know who you will help or touch. Aphil got me back on my fee back in August of last year when I gained back 8lbs during a move and we were all here for Holly through her pastry nibbling this winter at a very stressful job. That is what it is all about..........

Sorry I tend to get passionate about things and ramble on and on!

Have a great day and love who you are!

Amie
Old 05-17-2005, 10:13 AM   #70  

Quote:
Originally Posted by amoses
cacmsc ~
I hope we all can find our own roads to a leaner "healthier" more active person for our selves and our families, not for what the media thinks we should be. We are all here to inspire each other and share our short falls and our success stories. You never know who you will help or touch.
Have a great day and love who you are!

Amie
Well Amie, heartfelt thanks for a heartfelt share. It certainly was not rambling. I found it inspirational, and it gave me hope. I'll bet you, yourself will have a great OP day after doing all that writing. I cannot help but question my greater willingness to eat right and exercise. I fear it will go back in the other direction again and I will top off at over 225. I see even the rich and famous who are unwilling to eat well and think, well, if they can't do it with their means, how will I. As I think I said, for the past 3 years I do better as the weather warms. This time it was after a visit with Mom in March. And finding this group. One thing I will share, that most of you already know: Don't stop doing what is working.

cacmsc ~ I'm sure when you're burning calories/carbs you have to do something to keep the blood sugar up.\

Lori ~ Interesting to hear how it was for you - although sorry about the depression. I can't see eating more if I'm willing to eat less at first - just for awhile and not much less. Then of course 1.5 -2 lbs/wk is best and I think it is better for the bloodstream - lots of reasons.

Has someone collected e-mail addresses, just in case this website ever goes away, although I doubt it would. I think we'd have to PM them to one person, who could then send the addresses out to everyone who had responded. I volunteer - PM me your e-mail address if you would like - would you?

Meanwhile, I'm down to 209
Old 05-17-2005, 01:13 PM   #71  

Amie~ you just have no idea how inspirational you are to me, thank you for sharing and you are so right on may things! It is all in the mind set

Last edited by angelinabtl; 05-19-2005 at 03:42 PM.
Old 05-17-2005, 04:13 PM   #72  

Hi! Just checking in to say "hello" to my old friends and new names here...catching up on your posts...looks like everyone is doing well here...I am freezing my a$$ off in Wisconsin! Will Spring weather ever come here? Since being away I have packed on 30#, but went back to WW and am down 23# as of last Saturday...the whole seesaw thing again....I have to get back to work, check in again tomorrow...have a good one!
Old 05-18-2005, 07:00 AM   #73  
fIREFLY

S/C/G: 179/172.5/165

Height: 5'7''

Amie thank you so much for sharing it means a alot to the rest of us. Your success is wonderful and your reasons for losing are surely good ones! I decided that there is many things in life we have no control over. But I can try my best to stay healthy for myself and my family. My hubby has an illness and I need to stay fit to help him in the up coming years and to work hard to keep things around here running. Its important for me to stay as healthy as possible and I do have some control over that part of my life. I am the one who controls what my food choices are and my exercise. I decided to get serious about being more healthier awhile ago. It wasn't easy to make the changes but it sure does feel good now. I have to lose about 14lbs. to meet my goal I have set for myself. Sometimes I slip back a bit but then I try to get back on track again. I have lost 10lbs. and would like to lose 14 more. I know with exercise and good food choices it is possible to reach my goal. Checking in on sites like this help to keep me motivated. Thanks again for the input!
Elyse oh yeah the sugar I do slip somethings in thats for sure. I have found a few treats which aren't so bad to have to snack on.
Carol
Old 05-19-2005, 12:07 PM   #74  

Anyone out there today?
Oh man, I went off yesterday. Monday I worried about loss of appetite but believe me, I still have it. I was thrilled to easily add fruit and stay in the calories, but one thing led to another, and ..........oh baby Sampled something in the Savannah sweet shop and then had some more (it was free!!!). You didn't see me writing down THOSE calories, did you? Then some rich dessert later.

Well, its back to reality today. Evidently, part of my recent success is being away from temptation. Also, I'm getting up very early and after not having been able to sleep the night before, I went to sweets to ease the pain. So I got to bed by 10 something Wed. Loving the mornings!!!!

Your friend
Old 05-19-2005, 12:11 PM   #75  

PS. Does the weight ticker start jumping around when we reach a goal?
Just kidding.
Closed Thread