Closed Thread

Old 05-10-2005, 12:53 PM   #31  

S/C/G: 217/217/156

Height: 5'4"

Claire, did you notice you can put a second ticker in your signature? You could set a mini-goal for yourself.
Old 05-10-2005, 12:54 PM   #32  

oh, 'scuse me, I c you've been acquainted w/3fc way longer than I.
Old 05-10-2005, 01:16 PM   #33  
Viva la vida loca!

S/C/G: 360/329/297 (second 10%)

Height: 5'6"

Yes, maybe I have been around longer, but I'm definitely "ticker challenged!"

I did well to get the one in my siggy; don't know if I could handle two!

I do see where you're going with the suggestion though -- break things down into smaller, short-term goals and successes. You eat an elephant one bite at a time, right?

Thanks for the suggestion!!!
Old 05-10-2005, 01:20 PM   #34  

S/C/G: 233.9/143/160

Height: 5'7"

Claire-I'll try to remember to call you by name. it's hard for me sometimes though since I moderate. I tend to go more by the username since I read so many darn posts around here!

(I mod in Support and in General Diet Plans and its subcategories!)

Aphil
Old 05-10-2005, 01:27 PM   #35  

Hi Ladies,

Well everyone was MIA but I guess it is the day for posting again huh

Glad to see everyone is doing good and staying OP, things are going good here to. It is finally nice out, in the low 70's and sunny, I woke up in a good mood today and it has just been and overall good day! My youngest son has a spring concert at school tomorrow night and I am looking forward to that, he's in K/1, I love going to these when they are these ages, nothing cuter that a bunch of 6 yr olds on stage trying to all sing the words at the same time with one another

Claire~ WELCOME, glad to have you here, looks like you are doing things right. Counting calories and excersising is the way to go. Like I have said before though, have patience cause it takes ALOT of it to lose weight! Hope to see you posting regularly!

Hope you all had a great Mothers Day, mine was very nice, the boys didnt fight at all and my fiance was at my beck and call got to see my mommy and my fiance's mommy so overall was a nice day!!

Have a good day girls and keep up the good work we are all doing!!

(tight tushies, Amy you crack me up )

Lori
Old 05-10-2005, 01:33 PM   #36  

whoooops, I mean "firm tushies", (sorry Amy) same thing though right, and still funny

Claire~ yes you do eat an elephant 1 bite at a time
Old 05-10-2005, 09:12 PM   #37  
Viva la vida loca!

I wanna tushie so firm that when I ride on the back of hubby's bike (or my own, thankyouverymuch) that my behind doesn't wiggle or flap in the breeze!!

Hm. Now that I think about it, I don't want my batwings flapping, either! I'd take off like a plane off a runway!!!

A friend said not too long ago that your behind is the last thing people see when you leave a room.

I wish she hadn't said that. It made me more self-conscious about my rear shelf...

More later!
Old 05-11-2005, 07:01 AM   #38  
fIREFLY

S/C/G: 179/172.5/165

Height: 5'7''

Sounds like everyone has beeen very busy! Me too! I did get to the gym yesterday and plan on walking today. Its so hard once you get off course for a few days to get back into a routine. So that is what I am trying to do get back in. Also trying to count those calories and not just guess in adding them up. Its to easy to get extras in there. Claire you have a great sense of humor. I enjoyed your posts.
Old 05-11-2005, 10:52 AM   #39  
Viva la vida loca!

I'm going to be around a lot of candy today, so have good thoughts for me so I stay out of it!

I plan on having a meal and snack with me in case my blood sugar drops and the sweet stuff starts looking too good...

Hugs, all!
Old 05-11-2005, 11:03 AM   #40  

Hugs back to you Claire. You may eat with your nose only. And as, I think it was Amy, said count those calories. I've been just keeping a running list. Keeps me honest and from "eating in the dark".
Old 05-11-2005, 11:23 AM   #41  

S/C/G: 212/144/130

OMG Claire...."Flapping in the wind"! LOL I got a good visual from that!

I had a great night last night.....BBQ chicken, roasted squash and peppers and a very small portion of whole wheat rice. I did 30 on the elliptical. I was so sleepy and just going up there to work out was quit a challenge! I have been going to bed at 10:30-11 PM and getting up at 4:45 and I work till 5PM then drive an hour plus home!

Have a great day, it is my Friday off week so I get a 3 day weekend.

Amie
Old 05-11-2005, 06:59 PM   #42  
Biker Chick!

S/C/G: 169/152/145

Height: 5' 5"

hello ladies!

welcome Claire, you do have a great sense of humor; you'll fit in fine here

Firm tushies, tight tushies - we'll take 'em all when someone says "tight" I think of Austin Powers/Goldmember and say "Toight! like the toiger!"

I've beeb doing very well with drinking water, good calorie range and exercise. My motivation is that my leather chaps now fit well, and I've gotten compliments (not from husband though ) but actually a comp from a guy other than husband seems to go farther

still not trying to be a drag about my personal problems, but they figure in alot. thanks again for the support here, I love you all for it <hugs!>
Old 05-12-2005, 07:33 AM   #43  
Biker Chick!

S/C/G: 169/152/145

Height: 5' 5"

Lisi - neglected to congratulate you on being down!! that's great!

and the scale - oh, how it can fluctuate!! This is gospel truth - last week, I got on it before going to a party. It showed 143. The next morning, after typical party munching of crackers, dip, two beers, two (small) pieces of substandard birthday cake I got on the scale...151. Then after two days of back-to-normal meals, and now to 145.
Old 05-12-2005, 07:51 AM   #44  
fIREFLY

S/C/G: 179/172.5/165

Height: 5'7''

Claire I can also think of you riding in the wind! Good for you keep up the effort and you will reach your goal.
Holly sounds like you are doing so good. Sometimes hearing you look good from someone else makes a big difference and motivates you even more. Good for you!
Calorie counting and exercise sure make the difference. I am working on the exercise this week geting back into the routine. Once you take a few days off from its not so easy to jump back in. But I have exercised 2 days so far this week and will do it again today. I am counting my calories too! I was a little higher yesterday but at least I wrote them down. Now today I can be more careful of my intake.
Have a great day everyone!
Old 05-12-2005, 08:39 AM   #45  

Hello all I am new here as of yesturday! LOL Anyway here is my run down....

I am 28, married with two boys, 8 & 2. DH is a plumber and I am a WAHM running my own small bath & body company. I became overweight after a few years with then DB. I weighed 160 when I met him (according to WW this is my ideal weight) and the pounds started to creap on. After my first son, I had and extra 20 pounds hanging around and just couldn't do anything about it, or I should say, I just didn't bother

A few years later, I quit smoking and shot up to 210 lbs. I did Atkins for a while and did see about 15 lbs go out the door, but being a real picky eater (I hate peppers, onions and the list goes on and on) I was really limited in the food I could eat. I eat mostly broccoli, tuna, salads, chicken and really got sick of eating the same things everday.

I began smoking again Stayed at about 195 until I got pregnant again. This one was not bad at all. After ds #2 was born all the weight I gained during the pregnancy came back off, so I was back at 195 again.

I got really sick last year. Well not like deathly, but I was extremely dehydrated for 2 weeks and dropped down to 175, and begged my doctor to put me in the hospital for IV fluids. I was told I had C-Dif. Not real uncommon but a royal pain when you need to take antibiotics. I had to take some heavy duty ant-bios for having my wisdom teeth out. Not only did the ant0bios kill off the bad bacteria in my body, but it also killed off the good bacteria which helps to properly digest and process food in the body, so everything I ate or drink only stayed in my body for 10 minutes tops.

So I have only gained 5 lbs back since then and have been holding steady with a few lbs both ways for a year now and am ready to get back to a healthy weight. I decided counting calories would be best for me as I tend to eat way to much junk food and hate fad diets. Plus I think it is easier! LOL

As of Monday I will be starting at 1500 calories per day. My other major change on Monday will be with my coffee. This I must have LOL however I will be taking out the sugar and subbing for Splenda. I do wlk alot as it is, which is probably how I have maintained for a year and will continue. I usually walk about 3 miles in 40 minutes with the carriage, a bit faster if I am by myself.

Ok now that I just wrote a book, LOL I am going to continue working on some meal plans and doing some recipe searching

Thanks for listening!

Edited to add: I just wanted to post my body form too. I am big boned, 5' 10" (Thanks Dad) I am a cone shape as well. I have a 16-18 top and a 12-14 bottom and big boobs LOL 38DD to be exact. I am hoping these start to dissapear too as they just hurt my back and make me slouch like no tommorow.

Last edited by BrookeG; 05-12-2005 at 08:46 AM.
Closed Thread