Closed Thread

Old 12-30-2005, 03:01 PM   #121  

Screen Name: LADYCREGGA

Age/Age Range: 32.5

Family Life: MARRIED WITH PETS

Hobbies and Interests: SEWING, GARDENING, PHOTOGRAPHY,FISHING, CANOEING

Favorite Music: 80'S HAIR BANDS, JIMMY BUFFETT, MOTLEY CRUE, ALTERNATIVE, LORENNA MCKINNITT

Favorite Color(s): BLACK, JEWEL TONES

Favorite Exercise/Workouts: BELLY DANCE, YOGA

What are your fitness/health goals? TO LOSE WEIGHT TO FEEL BETTER

What was the "trigger" or incident that made you decide it was time to lose weight and become more fit? WHEN I WENT SHOPPING AND I COULDN'T FIND ANY THING TO FIT ME

What do you struggle with the most on this journey to health? MY HUBBY

What are three things in the area of diet/exercise you need to improve? EAT LESS, EXCERSISE MORE, GET OFF MY *** AND MOVE

(Evil motivation ) Who do you want to look better than? : CAN'T SAY

What can you not wait to wear when you are at goal weight or size? CLOTHES THAT ARE TIGHT ON PURPOSE!!!!
Old 12-30-2005, 09:27 PM   #122  

S/C/G: 298/230/150

Screen Name:kittiebabyh

Age/Age Range:26 going on 27

Family Life:have a hubby and a 5 year old son

Hobbies and Interests:going out and having fun

Favorite Music:rock and country

Favorite Color(s):green

Favorite Exercise/Workouts:leslie sansone and denise austin

What are your fitness/health goals?to be healthier and weigh 120 to 130

What was the "trigger" or incident that made you decide it was time to lose weight and become more fit? just saw myself in a picture and decided to lose weight

What do you struggle with the most on this journey to health?to fight the urge to eat

What are three things in the area of diet/exercise you need to improve? excercise more, eat healthier, just take it day by day

(Evil motivation ) Who do you want to look better than? : nobody just better than I do now

What can you not wait to wear when you are at goal weight or size? a nice dress suit
Old 01-02-2006, 08:37 PM   #123  

Default My Intro

Screen Name: DebraAnn1955

Age/Age Range: 50

Family Life: Married

Hobbies and Interests: Reading, internet, make-up.

Favorite Music: Oldies from the 60's, 70's.

Favorite Exercise/Workouts: Swimming, dancing

What are your fitness/health goals? I would like to lose 50 pounds this year.

What was the "trigger" or incident that made you decide it was time to lose weight and become more fit? I started a new job that requires more physical activity. I am also tired of being over weight.

What do you struggle with the most on this journey to health? Exercise and planning meals.

What are three things in the area of diet/exercise you need to improve? Better planning and just taking the time to exercise.

(Evil motivation ) Who do you want to look better than? : No one really, I just want to be my best self.

What can you not wait to wear when you are at goal weight or size? Real jeans (zipper instead of elastic waist) and a pretty pair of boots with them.
Old 01-03-2006, 12:21 PM   #124  
Running Wild

Screen Name: JustJuneBug

Age/Age Range: 42

Family Life: Single

Occupation: Software Division of Fortune 500 company; been here for 18 years

Hobbies and Interests: cooking, reading, movies, running

Favorite Music: any music at all!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! love love LOVE music

Favorite Color(s): pink; lavender

Favorite Exercise/Workouts: Running 4-5 miles every other day; 2 miles and circuit training other days, with 1 day off a week

What are your fitness/health goals? I only want to lose about 4 lbs to be honest, or at least to wear my 6's are baggy even after a day of not watching what I eat.

What was the "trigger" or incident that made you decide it was time to lose weight and become more fit? I have struggled with weight off and on all my life. up till July of 2004 I had no issues though. Then I gained about 10 lbs in a month. Diagnosis after about 6 months of not eating and exercising to death: hypothyroid. Now I am getting better but I cant seem to lose anymore at all. Time for another dr appt.

What do you struggle with the most on this journey to health? I feel healthy already. I guess that I cant accept that at 42 I cant be like I use to be.

What are three things in the area of diet/exercise you need to improve? Well I guess there arent any. I have already quit drinking for the most part (after my skiing vacation starting tomorrow) and I am trying to quit smoking.

(Evil motivation ) Who do you want to look better than? : Not better than anyone, but I would like to just be the "old me" again.

What can you not wait to wear when you are at goal weight or size? a bikini again
Old 01-03-2006, 07:40 PM   #125  

Screen Name: marielenrdz

Age/Age Range: 35

Family Life: married 13 years, son-8yrs old, daughter-6yrs old

Hobbies and Interests: I'm pretty boring...not many hobbies or interests besides kids, husband, home and work. I play Nintendo games with my son a lot! My daughter and I do our hair together and color a lot!

Favorite Music: Pretty much anything....love rock music (Staind, 3 Doors Down, Nickleback, Third Eye Blind, etc)....love soft rock oldies (Bread, Commodores, Bee Gees, anything seventies) I'll pretty much listen to any type of music

Favorite Color(s): Pink, Purple, Light Blue

Favorite Exercise/Workouts: Giliad, kickboxing, anything that doesn't involve a lot of fancy footwork...I have two left feet!

What are your fitness/health goals? To lose 60 pounds and be able to feel good, healthy, and fit.

What was the "trigger" or incident that made you decide it was time to lose weight and become more fit? My whole life since the birth of my children has been full of ignored "triggers". I finally lost 40 pounds a year ago but still have sixty pounds to go. I hit a wall last March when my brother in law died of cancer and haven't gotten back on track since. My latest trigger was the ringing in of the new year. I plan to really do it this time.

What do you struggle with the most on this journey to health? Will Power and Motivation to excercise.

What are three things in the area of diet/exercise you need to improve? I need to drink more water, excercise regularly, and stop snacking on convenient junk food.

(Evil motivation ) Who do you want to look better than? : The other ladies I work with...and my sister who has always gotten all the attention as the supposed prettiest one of us!

What can you not wait to wear when you are at goal weight or size? Skinny jeans!
Old 01-04-2006, 04:23 PM   #126  
Melinda

Screen Name: Cat19lover85

Age/Age Range: 20

Family Life: Engaged and have 4 kids(3 cats and 1 dog! )

Hobbies and Interests:Anything artistic, and cooking

Favorite Music:Pop, rock, Rap , anything basically

Favorite Color(s): Pink, Black, Blue

Favorite Exercise/Workouts: Dunno yet just started

What are your fitness/health goals? to become healthier and to lose this weight that is dragging me down.

What was the "trigger" or incident that made you decide it was time to lose weight and become more fit? When I realized was barley able to fit into my size 18 jeans and the fact that i used to "Do Things " alittle better 2 years ago with my fiance and now we have NO sex life...

What do you struggle with the most on this journey to health?
Balancing Work , working out, and home life. Also everyday i struggle with the fact if i don't lose this weight i may lose the ability to have children and It is killing me. The depression is also very difficult to get through. I have no one towork out with and this has been my excuse for years! I am just plain fed up!!!

What are three things in the area of diet/exercise you need to improve? Motivation, Motivation and I am a Picky Eater!!!

(Evil motivation ) Who do you want to look better than? : Angilina Jolie

What can you not wait to wear when you are at goal weight or size? Shorts, Tank tops, Skirts Anything tight fitting, AND I WANT TO WEAR A BEAUTIFUL WEDDING DRESS AT MY WEDDING!!!
Old 01-04-2006, 10:42 PM   #127  

S/C/G: 265/see ticker/175

Height: 5'5"

Screen Name:Silly Fluff

Age/Age Range:23

Family Life: Live-in boyfriend of 2.5yrs and 4 cats

Occupation:Instructor at a parent/child developmental play center

Hobbies and Interests: Crafts (ALL KINDS)

Favorite Music: DMB, Norah Jones, Shakira, John Mayer (don't know what music type that is)

Favorite Color(s):Any kind of blue...especially like an aqua or a tourquiose (Man did I murder that or WHAT)

Favorite Exercise/Workouts: Walk. Me and my boyfriend walk daily. Its our US time. I also like that Carmen Electra Strip tease video...

What are your fitness/health goals? lose weight and tone up

What was the "trigger" or incident that made you decide it was time to lose weight and become more fit? My boyfriend's uncle made a remark about it at dinner one evening. Thing is, what he said wasnt really true. I don't eat. Its not that I eat ALOT, its that I don't eat the right things.

What do you struggle with the most on this journey to health? Eating the right things in the right portion at the right times

What are three things in the area of diet/exercise you need to improve? Walking daily again like we used to, eating right like i was starting to, and not look down if i can only do so much

(Evil motivation ) Who do you want to look better than? : Those skanky girls i see on tv with a paper-thin waist

What can you not wait to wear when you are at goal weight or size? Short skirts. Actually, to be honest I just cant wait to get into normal size clothes that I can get in any regular ladies department. I'm tired of shopping in the PLUS size department.
Old 01-08-2006, 01:58 PM   #128  
Undercover Hottie

Screen Name: Donophanf

Age/Age Range: 24

Family Life: Married, 4 years, with a cat.

Hobbies and Interests: Art, Music, Books, Cooking

Favorite Music: Openminded - I'll listen to anything good!

Favorite Color(s): Rust, Gold, Neutral Tones

Favorite Exercise/Workouts: Walking

What are your fitness/health goals? Back down to my pre-college weight, with a personal diet that I can stick with for a long time.

What was the "trigger" or incident that made you decide it was time to lose weight and become more fit? My rapidly shrinking wardrobe!

What do you struggle with the most on this journey to health? Time, Time, Time! I drive 130 miles a day round-trip to work, throught the 4th worst traffic in the country, and I work 10-12 hours! I do not have time to work out, cook healthy meals, and still sleep! I leave my house at 5:30 am and do not return home til 8pm.

What are three things in the area of diet/exercise you need to improve? Intelligent meals on the go (see above schedule)!
Any exercise that I can stick with - again in my schedule.
Knowledge about the problem - whats really healthy, and whats just hype?

(Evil motivation) Who do you want to look better than? : EVERYONE!! (Im a terribly competitive person )

What can you not wait to wear when you are at goal weight or size? A bikini with confidence!!
Old 01-12-2006, 10:25 PM   #129  
spagirl

Screen Name:Spagirl

Age/Age Range:35

Family Life:Married 16 yrs, 3 beautiful children.

Hobbies and Interests:reading,aerobics

Favorite Music:Pop,christian

Favorite Color(s):Pink

Favorite Exercise/Workouts:running, boxing

What are your fitness/health goals?I am aiming for a healthier lifestyle with healthier food choices and increased daily exercise. I want a healthy heart and more energy to enjoy life.

What was the "trigger" or incident that made you decide it was time to lose weight and become more fit? a co-worker told me "dont eat that dessert..you need to eat something healthier"...i took this personally since she just lost 15lbs herself. It really hurt my feelings yet woke me up!

What do you struggle with the most on this journey to health? Being consistent everyday with diet and exercise.

What are three things in the area of diet/exercise you need to improve?
choosing healthier food choices...especially in the sweets category! being patient regarding my strength level....I try to push myself too hard exercising especially running( which I now have a hurt knee!)....to not be shy infront of others exercising...I worry people will laugh at me because I am very uncoordinated.

(Evil motivation ) Who do you want to look better than? : a really good friend of mine...and only because she is always saying how beautiful she is. It is really annoying sometimes.

What can you not wait to wear when you are at goal weight or size?form fitting tops!
Old 01-13-2006, 08:29 AM   #130  

Screen Name: Lilin

Age/Age Range: 23

Family Life: Husband,1 dog, and 3 cats

Hobbies and Interests: Pixel art/Dolling, collecting faeries,movies,concerts

Favorite Music: Metal,80's,70's/80's metal ,rock, and punkrock

Favorite Color(s): black,purple, and blue

Favorite Exercise/Workouts: hahaha! are you kidding? i just started. i walk a lot now(when my back will permit)
What are your fitness/health goals? lose weight and feel better physically

What was the "trigger" or incident that made you decide it was time to lose weight and become more fit? all the current problems health problems i am having and that if i dont i would never be able to try to have another child

What do you struggle with the most on this journey to health? i will probably struggle with everything at first

What are three things in the area of diet/exercise you need to improve? i havent started yet

(Evil motivation ) Who do you want to look better than? : me 3 yrs ago when i was in a size 12..i miss those clothes they are in the closet collecting dust with hopes of being worn again....i have some sizes 8's in there for motivation that i look at everyday

What can you not wait to wear when you are at goal weight or size? anything cute! i wear pajamas most of the time becasue i only have one pair of jeans i can wear and 2 concert tshirts.
Old 01-15-2006, 10:43 AM   #131  

Screen Name: Siena1383

Age/Age Range: 46

Family Life: single

Hobbies and Interests: reading, day hiking, um... lotsa things I have no time to do, like crafts, historic preservation, genealogy, book discussion groups

Favorite Music: classic rock

Favorite Color(s): pink, lavender, scarlet, neon blue, ice blue, moss green, silver

Favorite Exercise/Workouts: walking, am trying to get back into yoga and t'ai chi, am exploring qi gong

What are your fitness/health goals?
Weight: The first goal is just to lose 15 pounds, to fit into some clothes one size down. The ultimate goal for now is 120 pounds, which I'll adjust up or down once I'm somewhere near there and can see how I look and feel.

Health: In medical tests for unrelated symptoms, the doctors found a mass of fat either next to my heart or wrapped around it. My heart is fine, but this sounds pretty scary to me. I'd like to get that outta there! Losing weight will also relieve some medical problems that aren't otherwise treatable. I'd like to get to where doctors don't have to see past the weight to see what's actually wrong, and if losing the weight will resolve any of those things, so much the better!

Fitness: My energy level is terrible. I used to be able to walk miles every day without thinking about it. I've built back up to where I can do 3 miles, but then I have to nap for 3 hours afterward. At work, I'm sluggish a lot. I've always been weak in the arms. I've never been fast or well coordinated.

So my plan is to do gentle workouts until some weight is off, then add exercises and power up gradually. Walking 20 minutes a day during my lunch hour, weightlifting with my 3 lb. dumbbells at home, basic yoga stretches and my qi gong DVD to start. I have free passes to Curves and Ballys. The Ballys is for NOW, before I'm really ready for a gym, but if I can find some workout clothes I may go just to use their equipment. I just want to avoid strenuous cardio until I've lost a chunk of weight.

Ultimate fitness goals are to be up to 10 lb. freeweights, to be able to run 2 miles, to become limber and balanced enough for an intermediate yoga class, to have the stamina to make it through the day alert and energetic.

What was the "trigger" or incident that made you decide it was time to lose weight and become more fit?
No special thing. Health concerns, the fact that my appearance affects how my boss and coworkers relate to me at work (and that this affects my prospects re job security), the lack of a social life...

What do you struggle with the most on this journey to health?
Are you kidding? My neverending appetite! It's not a matter of filling up on veggies, though that helps. I have no willpower at all.

1. willpower/mindset
2. following my meal plans.
3. doing my workouts

(Evil motivation ) Who do you want to look better than? Myself, now. I don't know that I have the potential to ever look better than someone gorgeous, but I have a vision in my mind of an ideal me.

What can you not wait to wear when you are at goal weight or size?
clothes made of real materials with no stretch stuff in them.

Last edited by Siena1383; 01-15-2006 at 12:49 PM.
Old 01-15-2006, 07:32 PM   #132  

Screen Name: fruitster

Age/Age Range: 39

Family Life: married for almost 10 yrs (april 2006). we have one cat who is 6 yrs old

Hobbies and Interests: travel, reading, writing, volunteering

Favorite Music: mostly alternative music, but will listen to just about anything

Favorite Color(s): green

Favorite Exercise/Workouts: I love to swim, but am too afraid to put on a bathing suit these days. I joined Curves last week and I'm really enjoying it.

What are your fitness/health goals? If it's possible, I'd like to get to 135. I'll be thrilled if I can get to 140.

What was the "trigger" or incident that made you decide it was time to lose weight and become more fit? My 39th birthday last month. I see being 40 years old as my mid-life point, and I don't want to go into that era being unhealthy. I know the likelihood of health problems due to being overweight only increase as I age, so I really want to change my habits.

What do you struggle with the most on this journey to health? Food! I love all kinds, which is both a benefit and a disadvantage. I love all things that are good for me, like fruits and vegetables. But I also love all the nasty things like pizza, fast-food and treats.

1. Try not to be obsessive. I've only just started, but I worry about getting discouraged if I have a bad day, or freaking out if we go out to dinner.
2. I need to change my attitude about exercise, from "I've got to do it" to "I want to do it."
3. Stop weighing myself every day!

(Evil motivation) Who do you want to look better than? : My current self! There's no one in my life, or in the media, with whom I compare my body.

What can you not wait to wear when you are at goal weight or size? All clothes!
Old 01-16-2006, 08:34 AM   #133  
MasterHarper

Height: 5'5"

Screen Name: Robsia

Age/Age Range: 33

Family Life: In a LTR with one daughter aged 4. Oh, and 2 cats.

Hobbies and Interests: Music, Star Trek, Anne McCaffrey, Terry Pratchett, writing.

Favorite Music: Anything after about 1750.

Favorite Color(s): Red, Maroon, Purple, Lilac

Favorite Exercise/Workouts: I used to go weight-training and would like to go back when I lose a bit of weight. Also do some gentle swimming and cycling with my daughter. Right now I'm doing an ancient Lydia Campbell video about 3 times a week. I've also just bought a DVD called "Exotic Dancing for the Every Day Woman" which should be a fun alternative, but I haven't tried it yet.

What are your fitness/health goals? I want to be a British size 12, that size 10 in the US. I was a 12 for a whole summer in 1997 and I'd like to get back there and stay there!

What was the "trigger" or incident that made you decide it was time to lose weight and become more fit? Icky Christmas 'fat' pics

What do you struggle with the most on this journey to health? I tend to snack a lot in the evenings so, rather than deprive myself, I've allocated myself a couple hundred evening calories so I can have healthy snacks like fruit and yoghurts.

What are three things in the area of diet/exercise you need to improve? Exercise more, eat less, drink less alcohol. I haven't actually drunk at all since I started my diet but I probably had a bit too much than was good for me before. I rather like Amaretto!!

(Evil motivation ) Who do you want to look better than? My sister, but she's a size 8 so it'll never happen!!

What can you not wait to wear when you are at goal weight or size? A sexy short dress!
Old 01-16-2006, 10:19 AM   #134  
A Mighty Thump

Height: 5 feet 4 inches!

Screen Name: LynneA

Age/Age Range: 31

Family Life: married, no children but am "mum" to 2 cats, 1 dog, 2 goats and approx. 20 chickens.

Hobbies and Interests: Cooking, computers, computer gaming (I'm a geek at heart!), reading, collecting china, chickens!

Favorite Music: I love love love 80's music, big rock fan also. Fave bands Faith No More (fave band of all time probably), Guns n Roses, U2, Madonna, lordy I could go on. My husband calls me an audiophile and I'll listen to pretty much anything, well other than boy bands and for some reason Journey.

Favorite Color(s): Purple, Green

Favorite Exercise/Workouts: Treadmill, lunges, swimming.

What are your fitness/health goals? To get my BMI down to "normal" (currently at "obese"). To lose 40 lbs.

What was the "trigger" or incident that made you decide it was time to lose weight and become more fit? I got married three years ago, moved to the USA from England and spent my first year at home as a housewife. During that time I put on a heck of a lot of weight, was cooking for myself and husband so could cook what I wanted and frequently did! I knew I was putting weight on but felt ok with it. Then I decided one day to get weighed and when the scales said 208 lbs I almost died. It was then, 2 years ago that I decided I had to lose weight.

What do you struggle with the most on this journey to health? Will Power and Motivation to excercise.

What are three things in the area of diet/exercise you need to improve? I need to see results in order to keep on with my plan. When I stop losing weight I think why am I bothering? and immediately fall off the wagon. I had a plateau last year that lasted 4 months. FOUR! It shattered me and I just gave up going to the gym, convinced I wouldn't lose any more weight. Exercising does not come naturally to me so I really need to push myself every time I go to the gym. I also need to drink water more.

(Evil motivation ) Who do you want to look better than? : My cousin who is also my best friend omgosh I can't believe I am so wicked lol. Seriously, she started losing weight at the same time as me and so far has lost more. Therefore I need to keep up!

What can you not wait to wear when you are at goal weight or size? Skinny hipster jeans!
Old 01-17-2006, 09:24 AM   #135  

Default Laurs Intro

Screen Name: daizyduke
Age/Age Range: 21

Family Life: boyfriend of 5 yrs, 1 furson (Biloxi, my 1 yr old hurricane katrina evaucuee papillon mix)

Occupation: just graduated from nursing school, about to take the NCLEX, then hopefully work in an eating disorders unit

Hobbies and Interests: working out, magazines, movies, being with my friends (now that I graduated and am 1000 miles away from all my friends, this is hard to do),

Favorite Music: country, rock

Favorite Color(s): yellow, pink

Favorite Exercise/Workouts: elliptical, the firm super cardio, walk away the lbs 4 mile walk,

What are your fitness/health goals? to lose 20 lbs, to wear a size 8 loosely

What was the "trigger" or incident that made you decide it was time to lose weight and become more fit? it's been ongoing

What do you struggle with the most on this journey to health? binging on carbs

What are three things in the area of diet/exercise you need to improve? eat less carbs, eat less at night, workout 5x a week

(Evil motivation ) Who do you want to look better than? : my former self

What can you not wait to wear when you are at goal weight or size: a bathing suit, and be comfortable
Closed Thread