Introduce Yourself!!

You're on Page 6 of 54
Go to
  • --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Screen Name:junetwin2

Age/Age Range:41

Family Life:I am happily married and we have 5 children ( 2 of them live on their own they are 22 and 19) the other kids are 18, 16 and 2 yrs.

Hobbies and Interests: love anything with butterflies

Favorite Music:christian, big band and rock ( like led zepplin, pink floyd, heart, def lepard the "older groups" )

Favorite Color(s):blue

Favorite Exercise/Workouts:tred mill ( like to varify the incline )

What are your fitness/health goals? to lose 8-10 lbs a month

What was the "trigger" or incident that made you decide it was time to lose weight and become more fit? I lost weight in the past but not the healthy way this time I am going to keep it off my trusting in God and listening to Him

What do you struggle with the most on this journey to health? I always get overly worried when I may eat candy bar but now I realize that a candy bar evey now and again isnt going to sabatoge my weight loss.

What are three things in the area of diet/exercise you need to improve? cant think of anything at the moment , sorry

(Evil motivation ) Who do you want to look better than? : no one

What can you not wait to wear when you are at goal weight or size? dont know ,but I do have a pair of jeans that I can just about fit into but not quite comfortably yet.

Age/Age Range: 32

Family Life: Happily married with 3 children - a 14 year old son, a 10 (will be 11 the day after Christmas!) year old, and 6 year old daughters.

Hobbies and Interests: Reading any and all health, fitness, and diet books I can get my hands on. Nascar. My flowers that are growing beautifully this year! And of course my computer online time!!! There is probably others, but I can't think right now lol.

Favorite Music: Good Ol' rock and roll, country, love songs, and "some" of the stuff the kids listen to now a days.

Favorite Color(s): Black, rosey color pinks, some blues, and some purples.

Favorite Exercise/Workouts: Leslie Sansone's WATP, ALL of them! If I could own them all I would.

What are your fitness/health goals? Just to be healthy and look good. And of course to feel better. If I can lose around 5 pounds a month I would probably be happy with that. Something is better then nothing.

What was the "trigger" or incident that made you decide it was time to lose weight and become more fit? (This time!) I couldn't get off of the couch easily! Depression. Didn't like looking at the fat monster in the mirror! Many things... I could go on forever.

What do you struggle with the most on this journey to health? Making sure I eat at least 3 meals a day! I am one that could go all day without eating. So I am trying to make sure I eat at least 3 meals a day plus a snack or two! I would like to continue to eat between 1500 and 1800 calories a day... in healthy food choices.

What are three things in the area of diet/exercise you need to improve?
    1. Eating 3 plus meals a day.
    2. Keep eating healthy choices.
    3. Positive thinking always, and exercise daily - no excuses!

(Evil motivation) Who do you want to look better than?: I would love to look like the actress's on tv... however, this is reality. So as long as I look better then I do right now I will be happy.

What can you not wait to wear when you are at goal weight or size? Smaller clothing lol. No elastic waistlines lol. Fitted shirts! Skirts! You name it... it is endless!
  • Screen Name: Snow White

Age/Age Range: 24

Family Life: Single, live with my younger sister.

Hobbies and Interests: Medicine, my computer (I'm online way more than I should!), shoes, music, reading about diet/fitness.

Favorite Music: Pop, RnB. At the moment it's Gawin Degraw though I'm not sure I'd put his music in any of those categories.

Favorite Color(s): Black, turquoise

Favorite Exercise/Workouts: Walking

What are your fitness/health goals? Look good, feel good and being able to fit my clothes from my good period (115 lbs) many of which still have the tag on!

What was the "trigger" or incident that made you decide it was time to lose weight and become more fit? I've tried so many times before but after participating in the WYD 2005 where we ate so much unhealthy food I thought that I couldn't continue feeding by body such junk. Plus with all the cute guys here - you kinda want to make an impression, a good one I mean

What do you struggle with the most on this journey to health? I just started a week ago and so far everything is going great. I'm getting slighty more carbs and about 200 cal more than when I've dieted in the past which seems to be working well but still I'm inclined to cut back on my calories even though I've learned so many times before that it leads to failure!

Doing more aerobic exercise. I try to walk every day but I really need to speed up my pace cause I hardly sweat or feel tired.

(Evil motivation) Who do you want to look better than?: Better than my best friend... No, that would be cool but some things you can't change. I wanna look better than when I was slim 3 years ago!

What can you not wait to wear when you are at goal weight or size? All my pretty size 5/6 clothes and buy more of them - lots more!
  • Screen Name: Debbie1519

Age/Age Range:49

Family Life:Married with 2 children ages 25 and 21, a dog and a cat

Hobbies and Interests:Reading, Knitting, gardening

Favorite Musiche beatles, Van Morrison, Nora Jones, Oldies

Favorite Color(s):Yellow, Black and Shades of Green

Favorite Exercise/Workouts: I don't really have a favorite but I do walk

What are your fitness/health goals?
    Just to get in better shape

What was the "trigger" or incident that made you decide it was time to lose weight and become more fit?
    When I was squeezing into my size 16 stretch jeans and I either had to go up
    a size or go on a diet.

What do you struggle with the most on this journey to health?
    Snacking in the evening and on weekends

Learn to prepare better snacks
    Exercise more
    Train my mind to enjoy exercise when I do it

(Evil motivation ) Who do you want to look better than? : my
    sister-in-law. She looks great in whatever she wears.

What can you not wait to wear when you are at goal weight or size?[/QUOTE]
    A nice pair of jeans that are not stretch and a tank top
  • Screen Name: hopenee
    Family Life: Married no kids
    Hobbies:Reading, sleeping, cooking, watching/attending football games
    Favorite musice: R&B, Soul, Soft Rock, Country, Some Hip Hop and Rap
    Favorite colors: Red, Navy Blue, Black,(Orange and Blue-Go Gators!)
    Favorite execise/workout: none really but I complete 30 min. 5/wk and try to go to circiut training gym 3/wk and ride bike 3/wk. I also walk ~45 every Sunday.
    Fitness Goals: be healthier and loss about 95-100 pounds
    Trigger: My brother asked if I was ok he had never seen me so big
    Struggle:mindless munching
    Need to improve: healthier meals
    Motivation:sick of seeing stomach rolls
    Want to wear: fitted shirt
  • Hi guys
    I'm new, I've been using fitday to keep my calories at around 1200-1400 and exercising every day. Progress is slow.
    I'm 32 and live in NYC married with cats : )
    I was at 150 on Thursday and when I weighed in this am I was up 3 pounds. Very wierd , my weekend diet was around 1200 plus kickboxing, step aerobics etc.
    Enough about me, you all are a wonderful inspiration
    thanks for being out there
  • --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Screen Name:Cowgirl

Age/Age Range:35

Family Life:Widdowed in 1999, no children, 2 dogs, 2 cats, 2 horses, 1 ferret.

Occupation:Prep Cook and pantry cook for Max and Erma's resturaunt

Hobbies and Interests:Horseback riding, Bible studdy, reading books by authors like J.R.R Tolkien, Anne McAffery, Mercedes Lacky and Katherine Kurtz, Spending time with my dogs, painting and drawing horses and animals.

Favorite Music:Country

Favorite Color(s):Black, green and red

Favorite Exercise/Workouts:Horseback riding

What are your fitness/health goals? To loose 90 pounds and be more athletic and have more stamina.

What was the "trigger" or incident that made you decide it was time to lose weight and become more fit? After a year of nothing but eating and watching tv after DH died I discovered that I could not even get up on my horse anymore or walk across a field without getting out of breath. I made my self sick and I hated it. Just wanted to be myself again.

What do you struggle with the most on this journey to health? Depression. I have PMDD and I get very depressed a lot and then comes the eating to make myself feel better.

What are three things in the area of diet/exercise you need to improve? Eat less at meals. Spend less time watching tv on the days I don't work untill evening.

(Evil motivation ) Who do you want to look better than? : Well... I want to look better than... me... at the moment.

What can you not wait to wear when you are at goal weight or size? A bra that actually supports me when I trot my horse.
  • Screen Name: Scrunchkin

Age/Age Range: 29

Family Life: Married-3 children

Hobbies and Interests: Reading, writing, spending time with family/friends.

Favorite Music: Everything

Favorite Color(s): Red

Favorite Exercise/Workouts: Tae Bo

What are your fitness/health goals? To find the old me who is hiding somewhere in this body. To run and play with my children, to keep up with my husband, to be healthy.

What was the "trigger" or incident that made you decide it was time to lose weight and become more fit? I've tried off and on for a while. The thing that makes it so important now? Probably that a med has caused a weight gain and I'm scared to death.

What do you struggle with the most on this journey to health? Eating. I just made up my menu for the day and ugh, can't imagine eating all of it.

Eating more, exercising moderately (i tend to attack and do to much), accepting the time it takes.

(Evil motivation) Who do you want to look better than?: HaHa Too many to choose from.

What can you not wait to wear when you are at goal weight or size? Normal clothes that aren't in the plus size section, appropriate to my age. Plus size is either too old or too young.
  • Screen Name: 1dayatatime

Age/Age Range: I'll be 32 in a week

Family Life: I have 3 children ages 11, 10, and 4. I'm divorced but engaged to be married next May.

Occupation: Hairstylist, however, earlier this year I left being behind the chair to help my 90 year old grandparents with their daily activities/chores/desires so they could live at home where they want to be.

Hobbies and Interests: Honestly, I've been so involved with being a mom, wife-to-be that I almost lost myself BUT in the past year I've become more intested in health issues and getting back to the simple things in life

Favorite Music: Anything classic rock or country

Favorite Color(s): black accented with bright colors

Favorite Exercise/Workouts: Turning on the dance music CD and getting sweaty to the music Sometimes I walk around the park and just listening to nature is nice also.

What are your fitness/health goals? To feel good about myself.

What was the "trigger" or incident that made you decide it was time to lose weight and become more fit? OMG, I saw my twin! We recently moved to a new town and my daughter wanted to sign up for the little football teams cheerleading squad. Once her practices started back in July I had ALOT of people come up behind me, tapping on my shoulder, attempting to get my attention, etc but they were calling me by another ladies name (which happens to be one of the chief organizer of the program). That was fine, I was new and needed to meet new people but then I met her.......and had a coronary seeing what I truly looked like. We look just alike from hair to toe! So, now I've vowed to myself that I'm going to be the thin twin!

What do you struggle with the most on this journey to health? Eating my veggies. My kids like more veggies than me!!!

What are three things in the area of diet/exercise you need to improve? Maintaining my patience with the weightloss. Gaining more determination for exercise. Dealing with my asthma during exercise.

(Evil motivation ) Who do you want to look better than? Myself right now

What can you not wait to wear when you are at goal weight or size? A smaller bra!!!
  • Screen Name: SkinnySquirrel

Age/Age Range: 25

Family Life: Married, no kids, 4 gerbils

Hobbies and Interests: Martial arts, astronomy, if I have time on weekends I try my hand at modifying recipes to be low fat/low cal

Favorite Music: alternative rock, but I’ll listen to anything but country

Favorite Color(s): hunter green

Favorite Exercise/Workouts: Going to my 2x a week martial arts class

What are your fitness/health goals? To get back to the weight I was at a year ago – need to lose 10 lbs. Overall though, I don’t want to have the health problems my overweight mom does at age 50.

What was the "trigger" or incident that made you decide it was time to lose weight and become more fit? Because of my family history with heart disease and cholesterol, my doctor told me to start upping the exercise now before it gets harder to keep in shape. This was right after my mom started on cholesterol meds, so it made it into a real threat for me.

What do you struggle with the most on this journey to health? Not binge-eating!!! I am a HUGE sugar addict, if I eat anything sweet I totally lose willpower!

1. Getting into a regular exercise routine.
    2. I don’t need to eat just because DH is!
    3. Learning to integrate “real life” into my maintenance plan.

(Evil motivation) Who do you want to look better than?:
    I have a friend who’s been a runner all her life. I know I can’t have a body like hers, but just to be able to borrow her clothes would be nice!

What can you not wait to wear when you are at goal weight or size? Short shorts – cause I know DH won’t be able to keep his hands off me!
  • Screen NameYINTOBETHIN

Age/Age Range:23

Family Life:MARRIED WITH 3 BOYS AGES 4 2 AND 9 MONTHS

Hobbies and Interests:WRITING IM TRYING TO WRITE A BOOK DANCING AND MUSIC I LOVE MUSIC AND MOST IMPORTANT PLAING WITH MY KIDS

Favorite Music:GOSPEL R&B POP AND RAP

Favorite Color(s):RED

Favorite Exercise/WorkoutsAE BO

What are your fitness/health goals?
    TO GET HEALTHY AND LOSE 80 POUNDS
    What was the "trigger" or incident that made you decide it was time to lose weight and become more fit? LOOKING IN THE MIRROW AND BEING DISGUSTED AND GETTIN TEARY EYED

What do you struggle with the most on this journey to health? STAYIN AWAY FROM JUNK FOOD

What are three things in the area of diet/exercise you need to improve? EATING RIGHT EXERCISE AND CALORIE COUNTING

(Evil motivation ) Who do you want to look better than? MY IN LAW

What can you not wait to wear when you are at goal weight or size?A MINI SKIRT

TAM............. I've seen my vet a lot this week! My poor puppy has been so sick. I am glad we have people like you to care for our animals.
  • Screen Name:Andreas30

Age/Age Range:30

Family Life:Married and we have a 5 year old son

Hobbies and Interests: Scrapbooking, interior decorating, shopping and now exercise

Favorite Music: I love just about any kind of music except heavy metal.

Favorite Color(s):black and red

Favorite Exercise/Workouts:elliptical trainer and walking

What are your fitness/health goals? I want to be a healthier person...sticking to eating good healthy foods and exercising and losing weight along the way

What was the "trigger" or incident that made you decide it was time to lose weight and become more fit? When I didn't know how much I weighed because my scale only went up to 300

What do you struggle with the most on this journey to health? Fighting the urge to snack

More cardio
    Drink more water
    STICKING TO IT

(Evil motivation ) Who do you want to look better than? : My 57 year old mother...HAHA

What can you not wait to wear when you are at goal weight or size? Something that isn't black
  • Screen Name: BJ

Age/Age Range: 39-- pushing 40-- lol

Family Life: Married 21 years with 3 teens

Hobbies and Interests: General Hospital fan, scrapbooking, reading, movies--- guess I need more active hobbies!

Favorite Music: classic Rock, Nanci Griffith, Alison Krauss, Van Morrison, Beatles, some Country, Phantom of the Opera Soundtrack-- I actually love a ton of different kinds of music.

Favorite Color(s): Blue

Favorite Exercise/Workouts: Lifting Weights-- hate cardio

What are your fitness/health goals? lose at least 50 lbs and feel better

What was the "trigger" or incident that made you decide it was time to lose weight and become more fit? turning 40 in a few months, and if I gain any more weight I will be out of normal sizes-- also I have stopped looking at myself in the mirror unless I am putting on makeup-- it is really sad!

What do you struggle with the most on this journey to health? making time for exercise

What are three things in the area of diet/exercise you need to improve? exercise, water and consistancy in diet

(Evil motivation ) Who do you want to look better than? : mmm-- husband maybe??

What can you not wait to wear when you are at goal weight or size? jeans with a shirt that is not huge to hide my stomach