Screen Name:Losinflab

Age/Age Rangever 60

Family Life:Married...2 grown daughters

Hobbies and Interests:Needlework, reading,travel, quilts

Favorite Music:Golden Oldies....& same in CW

Favorite Color(s):blue to wear,beige/lt sage/cream for decorating

Favorite Exercise/Workouts:Water Aerobics,Using Glider

What are your fitness/health goals? Losing 40 pds & walking more

What was the "trigger" or incident that made you decide it was time to lose weight and become more fit? This is not my 1st losing wt journey & I have no idea what says "it's time"

What do you struggle with the most on this journey to health? Not having foods I like best

What are three things in the area of diet/exercise you need to improve? Eat slower,count every bite & not eating out so much

(Evil motivation ) Who do you want to look better than? : My young self :-)

What can you not wait to wear when you are at goal weight or size? Tops that tuck in & belts
Old 12-07-2009, 07:19 PM   #797  

S/C/G: 250/SeeTracker/150

Height: 5'2''

Screen Name: RockyMtnGirl

Age/Age Range: 23

Family Life: Engaged

Hobbies and Interests: Wedding planning currently

Favorite Music: Country

Favorite Color(s): Pink and anything with polka dots!

Favorite Exercise/Workouts: elliptical, weight machines, dog walking, or just my own version of aerobics during my favorite tv shows

What are your fitness/health goals? I'd like to lose 100 lbs and be at 150 for my wedding in June 2011. My goal is to lose 80 of those 100lbs by this July so I'm not too stressed when all of the heavy wedding planning is happening...

What was the "trigger" or incident that made you decide it was time to lose weight and become more fit? There have been so many triggers I can't even begin to name any, I've just always been fat, and always hated it

What do you struggle with the most on this journey to health? Secret eating... such as candy in the desk drawer, eating bite after bite while cooking...

What are three things in the area of diet/exercise you need to improve? Toning, I need to really get on top of toning! Consistent, just be consistent in my choices... it isn't a diet and exercise plan, it is a life change and habits I truly want to have be a part of my everyday life without much thought. Self-esteem issues while working out, such as not being afraid to be the fat chick at the gym...

(Evil motivation ) Who do you want to look better than? : Never really thought about it, I'd say better than I've ever looked!

What can you not wait to wear when you are at goal weight or size? My wedding dress! I don't want to buy a size 18 wedding dress, I want to be able to slip into that size 8 dress and be thrilled... I want to not have to wear sleeves just to try and hide my fat arms... I just want to glow on that day... and then of course I can't wait for the honeymoon and all that new lingerie I'll need to buy
Old 12-09-2009, 02:19 AM   #798  

Hi

Family life: engaged to never get married

Hobbies : Paint

Goal: to lose the spare tyre around my waist.
Old 12-09-2009, 05:51 PM   #799  

S/C/G: 230/227.6/150

Height: 5'7"

Screen Name: cabinwife

Age/Age Range: 25

Family Life: Married, no kids...yet

Hobbies and Interests: photography, running, reading, dancing, going to the lake...

Favorite Music: anything goes

Favorite Color(s): green and brown (is brown a color???)

Favorite Exercise/Workouts: running

What are your fitness/health goals? I would like to lose about 70 lbs by next fall and hopefully run in a 5k at some point next year.

What was the "trigger" or incident that made you decide it was time to lose weight and become more fit? I saw a picture of myself that my sister took at a halloween party. I did not realize that I looked that big. I also started to get this huge fear that if I kept gaining weight, I would end up with type II diabetes and that scared me to death!

What do you struggle with the most on this journey to health? My sweet tooth and eating out. Though I am not letting myself go out to eat anymore unless its a special occassion.

What are three things in the area of diet/exercise you need to improve? 1) more water! 2) strength training 3) healthier food choices

(Evil motivation ) Who do you want to look better than? : My ex-best friend who lost a lot of weight and everyone keeps telling me how good she looks...

What can you not wait to wear when you are at goal weight or size? Shorts and a hot little bikini!
Old 12-13-2009, 06:19 PM   #800  

S/C/G: 313/290/180

Height: five feet 10 inches

Default new here and a calorie counter

Screen Name: Steph1499

Age/Age Range: 28

Family Life: married with 3 kids

Hobbies and Interests: I love to read. I ride 4 wheelers.

Favorite Music: Country, classic rock and some pop

Favorite Color(s): pink

Favorite Exercise/Workouts: I am getting into riding my bike. I like to walk but it gets boring.

What are your fitness/health goals? i want to of course look good but be healthy and my small goal is 20 or so pounds by march. Then another 20 or so by july and by feb 2011 I would like to be close to goal weight for our girl trip to vegas.

What was the "trigger" or incident that made you decide it was time to lose weight and become more fit? I cant play with my kids. I get winded. I get into a depressed state and Im done with all this being over weight. I have been all my life off and on. Its time for me to let the healthy thinner me out to play.

What do you struggle with the most on this journey to health? foood I love food and its all the bad ones.

What are three things in the area of diet/exercise you need to improve? I need to get my butt in gear and exercise stop making excuses. I need to realize food isnt my friend but a way to exercise.

(Evil motivation ) Who do you want to look better than? : ok I have been friends with a girl since high school and shes always been skinner then me but within the last year or so she gained some weight, had a baby, got married and I want to be thinner then her. lol I love her but I want to be the skinny friend.

What can you not wait to wear when you are at goal weight or size? a size 10 would be great
Old 12-16-2009, 10:53 AM   #801  
19Deltawifey

Screen Name: Carlyjordon2002

Age/Age Range:25

Family Life:Married 6 yrs to the love of my life, we have 2 kids a girl(5.5 yrs) and a boy(2.5yrs)

Occupation:Lunch lady but probably not for to much longer since my husband is in the Army and we will probably move in a couple of months

Hobbies and Interests:I Love the gym, I love video games also.

Favorite Music:I like everything

Favorite Color(s):Purple

Favorite Exercise/Workoutshe upright stationary bike but I do get bored easily so I do 20 minutes on the bike and then 20 mins on the elliptical and then 20 mins on the treadmil. I do interval training on all 3.

What are your fitness/health goals? To be able to run 3 miles like I used to about 2 years ago

What was the "trigger" or incident that made you decide it was time to lose weight and become more fit? When I came within 8 lbs of my highest pregnancy weight. I never wanted to be one of those ladies who say that they weigh more then the day they gave birth. Plus once I couldn't fit into a size 16 I was like this is to much and I started working out again

What do you struggle with the most on this journey to health?Nothing really I always lose weight slow which sucks but Im just counting calories

What are three things in the area of diet/exercise you need to improve? Ive been doing really well on my diet and exercise so nothing right now

(Evil motivation ) Who do you want to look better than? : Haha several of my friends

What can you not wait to wear when you are at goal weight or size? a mini skirt for my husband with some high heels but this is only for the bedroom. I can't wait to shop at hot topic and buy a sexy corset again

Old 12-26-2009, 10:15 PM   #802  
Charity

S/C/G: 177/170/135

Height: 5'1

Wink I'm new :)

Cdemay. Actual name: Charity!

I just turned 19

Living with mom and younger sister

I work at a Tim Hortons *blush* and go to school full time for Accounting!

I am so boring. I like to read, would love to love to exercise again, movies, video games, blah.

Alternative

Dark purple, and bright orange!

I love ellipticals! They are a pain in the butt but it works so many parts of my problem areas

I would really LOVE to not be classified as obese on the BMI scale. When I saw that, I almost cried.. Never thought of myself as obese.. just chubby! I want to wear a size 8

I saw a picture of myself and just realized "ew" That is what I look like in real life? My mirror is lying to me, I'm not judging myself fairly. This is it, I've gotta lose weight.

I really have a hard time avoiding sweets and big carbs like potatoes and breads. Also, working at Tim Horton's those timbits and bagels and just everything around you all the time is horrible. And when I drink coffee it has to have lots of cream and lots of sugar. I can't drink it any other way. Splenda's horrible, and milk is just bad in coffee. So it's become a maybe once weekly treat and a small one!!

Drink more water. Who couldn't? I have a water bottle that I fill up 3 times daily and it's more than the recommended amount if I can get that all in, but it's hard!!
Get out of bed to exercise!!

I can't think of anyone who I'd love to look better than, but I would LOVE to have the body of Kim Kardashian minus the HUGE butt. I love her curves. My body is like that, big boobs, hour glassish just with a lot of flab covering the good stuff right now!

What can you not wait to wear when you are at goal weight or size? I cannot wait to wear a tank top in the summer, or a bikini. I didn't even bother buying a bathing suit last year, which was pretty upsetting. I love to swim. Pretty much any summer clothes, tight and short and not look like a whale!!
Old 12-30-2009, 12:32 PM   #803  
I will never give up.

S/C/G: 160/131.8/110

Height: 5'3.5" Yep, the half matters!

Screen Name: bama girl

Age/Age Range: 19

Family Life: I am in college and live about 3.5 hours away from my parents. I have an awesomely supportive boyfriend.

Occupation: College student... I'm studying mechanical engineering. I also work at Victoria's Secret.

Hobbies and Interests: I am a big nerd! I actually enjoy doing my school work, I like to run and watch new movies, too.

Favorite Music: I like old psychedelic stuff a lot. Jefferson Airplane, Pink Floyd, Jimi Hendrix, etc...

Favorite Color(s): I like pink, but it clashes with my red hair, so green is a close second. =]

Favorite Exercise/Workouts: I like to run, but I'm not quite a runner yet. I am doing C25K right now and balance ball workouts.

What are your fitness/health goals? to avoid getting diabetes like my father and to be able to run at least 5k without stopping. Maybe more! =]

What was the "trigger" or incident that made you decide it was time to lose weight and become more fit? I snapped out of it and looked at pictures of myself on Facebook. I looked so much bigger than I ever did in the mirror, and it WASN'T just the camera...

What do you struggle with the most on this journey to health? Before I gained all the weight, I dealt with both anorexia and bulimia for about 7 years. It's hard not to slip back into unhealthy thoughts and practices, especially since I focus on numbers a lot.

What are three things in the area of diet/exercise you need to improve?
1.) Just freaking exercise! I need to get motivated. Probably no better time to do it than now. I am going to start taking a spinning class when I go back to school and that will force me to actually go and work out.
2.) Watch the sugar, alcohol, and carbs. All of which are basically the same. Those are my biggest food vices and what kill my caloric values for the day. I quit fast food for a month on Dec. 21.
3.) Set realistic goals and stick to them. I tend to tell myself things like "oh, it's ok, you can do it next time" when I fail.

(Evil motivation ) Who do you want to look better than? : Hahaha. Oh lord. There is this horrible girl that my boyfriend is friends with that constantly goes on about how hot she is. I can't wait for her to be going on about being a size 6 and be able to shoot back, "Oh, really? I'm a 4." That's not unrealistic considering my height. Other than that, I just want to look better than I personally ever have. And that doesn't just mean thinner.

What can you not wait to wear when you are at goal weight or size? Skinny Jeans! If they are still in style. Other than that, maybe short skirts and sexy lingerie and bathing suits?
Closed Thread