Closed Thread

Old 10-10-2009, 12:42 PM   #781  

Screen Name: mamaduck

Age/Age Range: 54

Family Life: I have been married for 26 years, have three children, ages 22, 20, 19

Hobbies and Interests: I love to travel. My favorite place is in the Caribbean.

Favorite Music: I love all kinds of music except country.

Favorite Color(s): peach

Favorite Exercise/Workouts: I love to walk and/or hike.

What are your fitness/health goals? Be able to be fit enough to play a pick up game of soccer or softball.

What was the "trigger" or incident that made you decide it was time to lose weight and become more fit? Being out of breath walking up stairs.

What do you struggle with the most on this journey to health? binge eating/snacking at night

What are three things in the area of diet/exercise you need to improve? (1) a consistent exercise program (2) getting myself to sweat (3) trying new workouts

(Evil motivation ) Who do you want to look better than? : Anyone the same age as me.

What can you not wait to wear when you are at goal weight or size? my wedding dress.
Old 10-13-2009, 07:50 PM   #782  
I'm on my way!

S/C/G: 260/172/160

Height: 5'6"

I think this is my third introduction. I am Mary, age 38, type 2 diabetes, high blood pressure, last weigh in 255 and I am hoping I am still about that weight. I have 3 children 18, 13 and 5. I really, really want to be a healthy weight and fit so I can bike ride with my kids or hike or just chase a ball in the back yard without feeling like I am going to die or need a nap!

I have come here before and I have used fitday.com before, but quit. Several months ago I started a blog because my Grandfather said if I lost 100 pounds (which is my goal) by June 1, 2010 he would give me $1000. Now I only have 8 months to do that so it isn't likely I'll make it. However, I need to lose the weight with or without the thousand bucks. I am sick of myself. I am depressed, lethargic and disgusted. I know I need to increase my activity. Right now I am home mostly every day with my two kids (we homeschool) and while my two guys are very active I am not! I am always sitting unless I am cooking or cleaning and when I am doing those things I need to sit down after a short while.

I get so lost in a depressive fog that I sometimes don't want to function. I can go 2 days without a shower because I just can't motivate myself to do so unless I need to leave the house.

I think I know what I need to do to get started, but then I start second guessing myself. I have a spiral notebook and I am going to do my measurements and go force myself to weigh on the bathroom scale in the morning. I am going to write down everything I eat and measure portions etc. I am going to start with 1800 calories a day and see what happens. Should I be drinking alot of water too?

As far as exercise goes, honestly I am afraid to do it because everytime I do I feel like I am starving afterwards and end up eating so much that it erases whatever benefit I had from exercising. Should I just start out with some floor exercises just to get my muscles in motion. For about 3 months I walked with my girlfriends and I did lose about 13 pounds during a 3 week period that I was watching what I ate, but after I stopped watching the food I put it right back on. I was "starving" when I got home from the walking and I might have been overdoing the walking too for my size- I don't know.

Anyway, all I know is that I want to be healthy and I don't want to miss out on life anymore. I want to look sexy for my husband too- I have put this 100 pounds on gradually over the last 12 years and he never says anything, but I know he'd be thrilled if I lost the weight.

Any advice?
Old 10-20-2009, 06:48 AM   #783  
So hungry

S/C/G: 195/194/125

Lightbulb aGAIN...

Screen Name: dedicateddog

Age/Age Range: 24, about to turn 25

Family Life: Happily Married

Hobbies and Interests: I don't really have many

Favorite Music: Mostly punk and ska, but I enjoy a bit of everything.

Favorite Color(s): Brown and Green.

Favorite Exercise/Workouts: Walking, Swinging.

What are your fitness/health goals? I'm trying for 70lbs in 1 year. We'll see.

What was the "trigger" or incident that made you decide it was time to lose weight and become more fit? Buying new clothes, in a larger size...aGAIN!

What do you struggle with the most on this journey to health?I love food!

What are three things in the area of diet/exercise you need to improve? 1) Starting "tomorrow"...everyday! 2) Excuses ("It's a birthday/wedding/weekend/Monday"). 3) Too easily discouraged. NOT THIS TIME!!!

(Evil motivation) Who do you want to look better than?: I want to look (and feel) better than I did at my "best."

What can you not wait to wear when you are at goal weight or size? EVERYTHING! :
Old 10-22-2009, 01:13 PM   #784  

S/C/G: 297.8/275.8/180

Height: 5' 7"

Screen Name: April Rain (my middle names )

Age/Age Range: 21

Family Life: Currently single with many family members

Hobbies and Interests: I love walking - its so relaxing, and makes me feel extremely energetic the next day! I take occasional photos, with a regular digital camera, so nothing fancy. However, I do enjoy looking at others photos. Attending church, reading my Bible, reading any books for that matter, and stalking WebMD for new health topics

Favorite Music: Anything that pumps me up - I like most everything, although not the biggest fan of jazz or country

Favorite Color(s): Purple of any shades

Favorite Exercise/Workouts: Walking (not on a treadmill-soo boring!) and weight training

What are your fitness/health goals? I want to be 180 or even down to 160 (my healthy weight) and physically fit. I want to be able to run FIVE miles

What was the "trigger" or incident that made you decide it was time to lose weight and become more fit? I have been having menstrual issues, and have begun to feel the aches and pains of growing old, which I know will become worse. I have never been truly fit, but when I became winded after walking a flat block, I knew something had to change.

What do you struggle with the most on this journey to health? My addiction to food and wanting to OVEReat!

What are three things in the area of diet/exercise you need to improve? Finding a consistent workout routine. I enjoy the cooler weather to walk and I need to get out more when its warm.

(Evil motivation ) Who do you want to look better than? : This may be corny, but I want to look better than what I look kow

What can you not wait to wear when you are at goal weight or size? nothing in particular - I most want to be able to finally find a beautiful dress and be able to wear it rather than paying 30-40 extra dollars for plus size clothes
Old 10-22-2009, 03:13 PM   #785  

Height: 5'8

Screen Name: Grace C.

Age/Age Range: 20

Family Life: single student with big beautiful family

Hobbies and Interests: outdoors things, reading, violin, piano, family, ect

Favorite Music: anything not repetitave or sounding like every other song on the radio. I have a thing for folk rock as well as classical too.

Favorite Color(s): Blue and generally saturated colors

Favorite Exercise/Workouts: run run run, and going to work because i get paid for running arouund all day.

What are your fitness/health goals? Want to lose 20 lbs but mostly i want to feel good and run a 5k.

What was the "trigger" or incident that made you decide it was time to lose weight and become more fit? When I had a moment to sit and think about the last year and how i want this year to be.

What do you struggle with the most on this journey to health? Getting overwhelmed.

What are three things in the area of diet/exercise you need to improve? Dont eat out of boredom, Eat more quality foods rather than junk, Learn to like exercising again

(Evil motivation ) Who do you want to look better than? :
than myself right now...and yeh know, gisele...

What can you not wait to wear when you are at goal weight or size? The best outfit is the one in which I feel comfortable with my body .

Last edited by Grace C; 10-22-2009 at 03:14 PM.
Old 10-22-2009, 03:26 PM   #786  

S/C/G: 232/179/140

Height: 5'1"

Red face Introduction

Screen Name: pearshapedprincess

Family Life: I am the single mother of 2 wonderful children

Hobbies and Interests: I spend most of my free time with my children and at chur h. I also enjoy sewing, home DIY projects.

Favorite Music: I love all sorts of music, but I particularly enjoy contemporary christian.

Favorite color: purple

Favorite exercise/workouts: Running, swimming, combo aerobics

What are your fittness/health goals: My weight goal is 140 lbs. I would like to remain very fit and mobile throughout my life.

What was the "trigger" or incident that made you decide it was time to lose weight and become more fit?: My mother is very large (400 plus) and has been for years. She is now 70 years old and her mobility is very minimal. The "trigger" for me was when she went to the Dr. one day and was unable to get back in her car because she was unable to lift her leg to put it in the car. I thought " I don't ever want to be in that shape".

What do you struggle with the most on this journey to health? Excercise!! I hate it!! I also somehow feel like less of a mom if I'm not in the kitchen cooking all sorts of yummy treats for my children.

What are three things in the area of diet/exercis you need to improve? I need to be more consistent with my exercise. I also have to be really careful to avoid times of very little eating followed by binging.

Who do you want to look better than? My ex-mother-in-law

What can you not wait to wear when you are at goal weight or size?
SHORTS
Old 10-26-2009, 03:16 PM   #787  

S/C/G: 155.4/133.4/105

Height: 5'0"

Screen Name: goob

Age/Age Range: 30

Family Life: Self & Hubby

Hobbies and Interests: Shopping, Traveling

Favorite Music: Anything pleasing to the ear.

Favorite Color(s): Green, Pink, White

Favorite Exercise/Workouts: Jogging, Eliptical

What are your fitness/health goals? Lose weight & feel great, maintain afterward

What was the "trigger" or incident that made you decide it was time to lose weight and become more fit? When the scale said 149.8 lbs, my heaviest in life ever. (Use to weigh 103lbs)

What do you struggle with the most on this journey to health? I don't have have anyone to motivate me on my lazy days (someone who is on the same weight loss journey). Wish I lived closer to my sisters.

What are three things in the area of diet/exercise you need to improve? 1. Need to improve my cardio. I use to do 3 miles non-stop without feeling like I'm going to pass out. Now, I can't even run a mile without running out of air. 2. Try to eat at least 1200-1400 calories a day. I think I'm eating to less and working too hard. May be the reason for me stalling on my weight. 3. Give up bad carbs.

(Evil motivation ) Who do you want to look better than? : I want the Thin Girl in me to come out an eat the Fat Girl.

What can you not wait to wear when you are at goal weight or size? Can't wait to wear all my jeans. I was in denial for 2 years and refused to buy any new clothes. So I'm hoping I will fit into my entire closet by December 09.
Old 11-05-2009, 04:43 PM   #788  

S/C/G: 196/ticker/125

Height: 5'4

Screen Name: Effie12, my name (well nickname) is Effie

Age/Age Range: 18

Family Life: I'm single, but I have my parents, who are divorced but best friends (weird, I know), two pseudo-step parents, and an older brother

Hobbies and Interests: books, travel, any trashy historical films, hanging around with my friends

Favorite Music: It is quite varied. When I'm working out I listen to 90s rap.

Favorite Color(s): Grey

Favorite Exercise/Workouts: The treadmill and ballet

What are your fitness/health goals? To feel comfortable in my own skin, and be able to keep up with my healthier friends

What was the "trigger" or incident that made you decide it was time to lose weight and become more fit? I am tired of the little comments people make, they add up and start to sting after a while

What do you struggle with the most on this journey to health? Keeping up healthy eating with all the temptation that is college food. Luckily, thus far, my freshman 15 has been a loss! And also, just getting to the gym. But once I'm there, I'm good to go.

What are three things in the area of diet/exercise you need to improve? I need to start weight training at some point... and also I need to keep everything in perspective

(Evil motivation ) Who do you want to look better than? : All my high school friends (a bit excessive, maybe)

What can you not wait to wear when you are at goal weight or size? Pretty things, short skirts, sleeveless tops
Old 11-09-2009, 06:53 AM   #789  

S/C/G: 181/147.2/125

Height: 5 ft 5 in

Screen Name: Slvrangl

Age/Age Range: 28

Family Life: married with 2 sons

Hobbies and Interests:
reading, playing games on Facebook, going for walks, watching movies

Favorite Music:
pop

Favorite Color(s): pink

Favorite Exercise/Workouts: I love taking walks.

What are your fitness/health goals?
- To get into shape
- To lose enough weight to feel comfortable in a tshirt
- To eat more fruits and veggies and less sweets/salts
- To show my sister that i CAN get back to my prebaby weight...or ALMOST there

What was the "trigger" or incident that made you decide it was time to lose weight and become more fit?
- My shorts riding up all the time because my thighs are rubbing together
- Being out of breath after walking up the stairs
- My husband's grandmother telling my 3 month old son that he has chubby cheeks just like his mommy

What do you struggle with the most on this journey to health? Eating too much. Its called portion control...why can't i do it?

What are three things in the area of diet/exercise you need to improve?
1. Stick to an exercise routine. If i want flat abs and muscular legs i need to work for it.
2. Control the portions of what i eat. Sometimes food in packages aren't just "1 serving". You gotta be careful.
3. Drink more water. I noticed while i was pregnant with my second son that i didn't drink enough liquids and i was thirsty ALL THE TIME!

(Evil motivation ) Who do you want to look better than? My sister in law *mwahahhaha*

The clothes that are in my "skinny drawer". All the clothes that i used to fit into...
Old 11-09-2009, 09:27 PM   #790  
Once and for all believer

Height: 5'5''

Screen Name: ALO22

Age/Age Range: 24

Family Life: Quiet Married to James, with two wonderful pets: Rusty and Dresden

Hobbies and Interests: watching movies, reading, hiking, being with my pets and anything that involves spending time with James

Favorite Music: celtic

Favorite Color(s): blue and pink

Favorite Exercise/Workouts: hiking and skiing

What are your fitness/health goals?: getting to the end of this homestretch

What was the "trigger" or incident that made you decide it was time to lose weight and become more fit?: it;s something gradual

What do you struggle with the most on this journey to health?: my mind

What are three things in the area of diet/exercise you need to improve?: right now, I need more motivation, I need to be more constant and I need to learn to relax

(Evil motivation ) Who do you want to look better than? : My cousins

What can you not wait to wear when you are at goal weight or size? smaller jeans...

Last edited by ALO22; 11-09-2009 at 09:28 PM.
Old 11-11-2009, 12:15 PM   #791  

S/C/G: 364/ticker/199

Height: 5'11"

Screen Name: Sonata

Age/Age Range: 31

Family Life: Married with 2 sons, a 3 year old and a 1 year old

Occupation: Used to be a nursing manager, now a stay at home mom

Hobbies and Interests: Politics, fantasy and role playing games, ethics, health and nutrition, tennis, music, karaoke

Favorite Music: I like everything, mostly hard rock, but I also love opera and showtunes and celtic music, lol. No I'm NOT kidding.

Favorite Color(s): Greens and browns, and I love purple too

Favorite Exercise/Workouts: Playing tennis, walking, hiking

What are your fitness/health goals? TO be able to run again like I did in high school trach, lol.

What was the "trigger" or incident that made you decide it was time to lose weight and become more fit? Moved to a much nicer place, children are big enough now that I'm not so tired and depressed lol.

What do you struggle with the most on this journey to health? Self-image

What are three things in the area of diet/exercise you need to improve? I need to exercise more, drink more water, and get my husband to join me more often.

(Evil motivation ) Who do you want to look better than? : My sisters, lol

What can you not wait to wear when you are at goal weight or size? slinky dresses
Old 11-16-2009, 09:40 AM   #792  

S/C/G: 214/ticker/145

Height: 5'6"

Screen Name: yossarianlives

Age/Age Range: 21

Family Life: I split my time between my flat in Edinburgh with my boyfriend during the week, and being at home at the weekend to go to work (plus I get to see our dog )

Hobbies and Interests: I enjoy playing computer games... (I'm a sucker for The Sims 3) and dog-walking takes up some of my time too--we have a 4 y/o black labrador, so he needs lots of walking! I've taken to enjoying going to the gym too! I only go 2 or 3 times a week just now (too many deadlines) but I'm liking it. I love a trashy novel occasionally, too.

Favorite Music: My music taste is quite varied... just now I'm mixing my time between Lady Gaga and Muse. Very energetic for the gym!

Favorite Color(s): Blue.

Favorite Exercise/Workouts: Right now I'm only cycling at the gym for about 50 minutes--trying to build some strength back into an old knee injury before I take on more high-impact exercising.

What are your fitness/health goals? I would like to be back down to 140lbs. For the longest time I was 168lbs, but over my 4 years at university I've ballooned up to 212.

What was the "trigger" or incident that made you decide it was time to lose weight and become more fit? Realising that I was 212lbs. Plus, I realised that I was making decisions on my future by compromising because of my weight and my self-image. Something had to change!

What do you struggle with the most on this journey to health? I love to eat, and I have the biggest sweet-tooth! *salivates* Also, cutting out full-fat Coke--I loves it

What are three things in the area of diet/exercise you need to improve? Going to the gym more than 3 times a week. Not letting my parents stuff me full of food when I go to visit. Not drinking as much.... *blush*

(Evil motivation ) Who do you want to look better than?: No one really, just myself...

What can you not wait to wear when you are at goal weight or size? I want to get some really nice jeans from Gap or Levi.
Old 11-17-2009, 12:26 PM   #793  
Yay for 2nd chances!

S/C/G: 235/needs a new scale/135

Height: 5'7"

Screen Name: Aiesline

Age/Age Range: 30

Family Life: Married with 3 children

Hobbies and Interests: I'm a big history buff and enjoy going to SCA events

Favorite Music: I'm really eclectic in my likes

Favorite Color(s): Jewel tones

Favorite Exercise/Workouts: Favorite is such a strong word.

What are your fitness/health goals? 150 and able to keep up with my kids

What was the "trigger" or incident that made you decide it was time to lose weight and become more fit? Pictures of myself with a fit friend. I just looked so huge.

What do you struggle with the most on this journey to health? Getting up to exercise.

What are three things in the area of diet/exercise you need to improve? I should drink more water, I should work out longer, I need to lay off the prepackaged foods

(Evil motivation ) Who do you want to look better than? : Me. I want to look better than I ever have.

What can you not wait to wear when you are at goal weight or size? Tall boots. They don't fit around my calves currently.
Old 11-17-2009, 09:56 PM   #794  
dewittmba

Default New here!

Screen Name: dewittmba

Age/Age Range: 31

Family Life: husband and two daughters- Briana is 2 and Madelyn is 16 months

Hobbies and Interests: health and fitness

Favorite Music: pop

Favorite Color(s): pink

Favorite Exercise/Workouts: running, taekwondo, kickboxing

What are your fitness/health goals? to get down to 130 and to become a certified personal trainer

What was the "trigger" or incident that made you decide it was time to lose weight and become more fit? seeing pictures of myself after the birth of our second child.

What do you struggle with the most on this journey to health? self-control, compulsive eating

What are three things in the area of diet/exercise you need to improve? exercise more, drink more water each day, avoiding temptations

(Evil motivation ) Who do you want to look better than? : myself before my first pregnancy

What can you not wait to wear when you are at goal weight or size? short skirt and heels

Old 12-01-2009, 08:11 AM   #795  
I need more coffee.

S/C/G: 280/259/170

Height: 5'9"

Talking

Screen Name: DixieAmazon

Age/Age Range: 49

Family Life: Married with 3 boys (16, 15 & 12)

Hobbies and Interests: Reading & cooking

Favorite Music: Varies, I listen to a lot of genres

Favorite Color(s): Green

Favorite Exercise/Workouts: Walking and strength training

What are your fitness/health goals? Get off some pressure meds and have more energy

What was the "trigger" or incident that made you decide it was time to lose weight and become more fit? Approaching 50

What do you struggle with the most on this journey to health? Mindless eating

What are three things in the area of diet/exercise you need to improve? Reducing the above mention mindless eating, more whole foods and exercising more regularly

(Evil motivation ) Who do you want to look better than? My cousin.

Closed Thread