Closed Thread

Old 06-16-2007, 07:08 AM   #346  
Yes, indeed.

S/C/G: 176/170/125

Height: 5'5"

Name: Nicole

Family Life: I live with my amazing 5 year old daughter and my wonderful boyfriend - we got our own place (finally!) 6 months ago.

Occupation: Stay-at-home mom until my girl starts school this August.

Hobbies and Interests: I play tons of video games when I have the time, I crochet and especially like to make amigurumi (Japanese crochet toys/stuffed animals), and I'm an internet addict. I also like going on nature hikes and spending time out by the wonderful lakes here.

Favorite Music: I listen to alternative rock, pretty much. I like MCR, Fall Out Boy, The Academy Is, etc etc.

Favorite Color(s): I love pink (I still can't stop buying my daughter pink clothes even though she's long out of her infancy, hehe).

Favorite Exercise/Workouts: Things that don't involve a gym - swimming, taking long walks outdoors, nature hikes, etc. Our apartment complex has a hoooorrible fitness center. However, if I had a gym membership I'd enjoy doing the elliptical and weight training.

What are your fitness/health goals? I want to be back to my highschool weight - health hasn't played a big factor in my desire to lose weight yet - I'll admit, it's mostly for vanity. But the more I learn, the more interested in health I become.

What was the "trigger" or incident that made you decide it was time to lose weight and become more fit? It's a strange series of events... an old friend of my boyfriend's came into his life - who happens to be female, gorgeous, and skinny. I know he wouldn't cheat, but I don't ever want her to be around because I feel like a disgusting fat lump in comparison to her. Also, a friend from where I used to live called me "ugly" - which is very immature but I wanted to show them that I am indeed definitely not ugly - maybe a little chunky but not ugly. So... I just want my self-esteem back where it used to be.

What do you struggle with the most on this journey to health? Eating high-fat foods - and I love sweets. If I get sick to my stomach (which happens a lot with my medication) I want to immediately eat comforting foods instead of sticking to my diet. Family pushing food on me is also an issue. I'm learning to make healthier choices at restaurants.

What are three things in the area of diet/exercise you need to improve? I need an exercise ROUTINE. I need to buy fat free condiments to reduce my calorie intake even more (every calorie counts). I need to buy wheat tortillas and brown rice instead of the white/starchy products I typically ingest.

(Evil motivation ) Who do you want to look better than? : My amazingly sexy best friend - and my cousin who had two kids but is always ridiculously thin and fit.

What can you not wait to wear when you are at goal weight or size? I want to buy a cute bikini next summer and be able to wear it with pride. In the event that my skin hangs loose and doesn't permit this (I got a ton of stretch marks during my pregnancy) - I at least want to wear a size 7 in Juniors jeans and size Large or Medium shirts instead of XL.
Old 06-16-2007, 09:47 AM   #347  

Height: 5'1"

Smile Introduction

Screen Name: topaz2007

Age/Age Range: Just turned 40. Ok, just turned 40 ½.

Family Life: 1 DH and 2 fussy Russian Blue looking kitties.

Hobbies and Interests: Dance, kickboxing and complicated step classes!

Favorite Music: Hip-hop and Top 40.

Favorite Color(s): Blue…..see flower at left.

Favorite Exercise/Workouts: Oops…..see above.

What are your fitness/health goals? To get to the right weight for me. To be healthy. I’m not sure what the right weight is for me right now…..I’ll find out!

What do you struggle with the most on this journey to health? Eating at work. Stress!

I’m glad to be here, hello everyone!
Old 06-18-2007, 12:45 PM   #348  

S/C/G: 188/188/120

Height: 5'3

Screen Name: milleradah

Age/Age Range:29

Family Life: married with the girls

Hobbies and Interests: web design, paint shop pro, photo shop, love taking pictures of kids , love meeting new people and helping people when ever i can

Favorite Music: all kinds

Favorite Color(s): purple

Favorite Exercise/Workouts: walking and walk away the pounds

What are your fitness/health goals? to be 120lb

What was the "trigger" or incident that made you decide it was time to lose weight and become more fit? well this might be weired to some but i lost a brother to suicide and it just hit me a few months ago how could i be mad at him when not takeing care of myself is the same thing but slower it will make you unhealthy and kill you in the end too.

What do you struggle with the most on this journey to health? eating the right foods

What are three things in the area of diet/exercise you need to improve? more exercise and better food

(Evil motivation ) Who do you want to look better than? : have to get back to you on that

What can you not wait to wear when you are at goal weight or size? something sexy for my hubby
Old 06-19-2007, 08:07 AM   #349  
.:shrinker:.

S/C/G: 305/258/165

Height: 5'8"

Default Hi, I'm new here

Screen Name: TG07

Age/Age Range: 50

Family Life: Married

Favorite Music: Anything but rap and jazz

Favorite Color(s): pink

Favorite Exercise/Workouts: Stationary bike, Tai Chi, Weights

What are your fitness/health goals? To become stronger and live longer.

What was the "trigger" or incident that made you decide it was time to lose weight and become more fit? Contracting diabetes.

Old 06-19-2007, 08:50 PM   #350  
Determined to be Healthy!

S/C/G: 202/188.5/135

Height: 5'3

Default Coming Back!

Screen Name: ChasingAmy

Age/Age Range: 29

Family Life: Married with 2 beautiful girls, Kamryn 2 and Katelyn 6

Hobbies and Interests: Building Websites, Video Tributes, Graphics Design, being with my family

Favorite Music: All Music!

Favorite Color(s): Blue

Favorite Exercise/Workouts: I love the eliptical machine

What are your fitness/health goals? I want to be healthier! I want to lose 45 lbs

What was the "trigger" or incident that made you decide it was time to lose weight and become more fit? I just feel fat! Can't stand it.. clothes are getting tight, i'm losing energy

What do you struggle with the most on this journey to health? Dealing with temptation

What are three things in the area of diet/exercise you need to improve?
Eat healthier, excersise more and drink more water.
(Evil motivation ) Who do you want to look better than? : I want to look better than myself..
What can you not wait to wear when you are at goal weight or size?
_________________possibly a bikini.
Old 06-19-2007, 11:05 PM   #351  
Counting Calories is fun!

S/C/G: 201/192/148

Height: 5' 8"

I've actually been posting for a week or two, but I've never done the "formal" meet and greet...

Screen Name: AnneA (that's Anne A, not Anna)

Age/Age Range: 46 ish

Family Life: Married with 1 son (8)

Occupation: Used to work in the film industry, now I'm basically a SAHM

Hobbies and Interests: Cooking, painting, computers, calorie counting!

Favorite Music: Anything except Metal and hard core Rap

Favorite Color(s): Blue

Favorite Exercise/Workouts: Treadmill

What are your fitness/health goals? Lose another 44 pounds, feel healthy and lighter, feel comfortable sitting down in a pair of jeans.

What was the "trigger" or incident that made you decide it was time to lose weight and become more fit? Pictures of myself and incredible and increasing discomfort with how I feel in clothes.

What do you struggle with the most on this journey to health? Eating after 8pm at night

Today, I'm doing pretty good. Tomorrow......we'll see!

(Evil motivation ) Who do you want to look better than?: The current Me.

Definitely a slim pair of jeans and a tight fitting t-shirt.
Old 06-23-2007, 02:00 AM   #352  

S/C/G: 375/ticker/275

Height: 5'7.5"

Screen Name: MarinePrincess

Age/Age Range: 23

Family Life: Married. No kids yet due to my PCOS.

Occupation: UMUC Asia Computer Lab Staff and a full-time student

Hobbies and Interests: Reading, gaming, watching TV, spending time with the hubby and our 2 kitties

Favorite Music: Anything with a fun beat and no profanity

Favorite Color(s): Pink!

Favorite Exercise/Workouts: I like going for walks. Get to see Okinawa and burn calories

What are your fitness/health goals?
*I've really let myself go since getting married 2 1/2 years ago. I'd like to get back to my high school weight of 190 and surpass it. Right now I'm aiming for 168, which would be a 150 pounds loss and the smallest I've ever been.

What was the "trigger" or incident that made you decide it was time to lose weight and become more fit?
*I found 3FC late late one night while browsing the internet and just looking at everyone's posts, before/after pics, etc. and knowing other people feel the same way I do to tally motivated me.

What do you struggle with the most on this journey to health?
*It was soda for the first week...I used to drink 6+ sodas a day. Now I'm detoxed and over it. My next mountain will be exercise that makes me sweat. I hate being sweaty.

*Sweating exercise, eating chips, & not obsessively weighing myself.

(Evil motivation ) Who do you want to look better than?
*Uhmmm...I really don't know. I look up to Jenna Jameson a lot so I guess I'd like to look similar to her (not that skinny though).

*Short skirts! I want to be 5'8" and have legs to my neck that I'm proud to show off!
Old 06-23-2007, 11:44 PM   #353  

Screen Name: Lalique

Age/Age Range: 20. I'll be 21 in October.

Family Life: I live at home still (I'm a poor college student) - I live with my mom and my grandmother.

Occupation: I'm an EMT on the local Ambulance service, and a Certified Nurses Aid. I'm going to college to be a Paramedic.

Hobbies and Interests: Hanging out with friends, my jobs, and school, reading romance novels, surfing the net, journaling, & computers.

Favorite Music: I like country, and classic rock. My favorite band is Hanson.

Favorite Color(s): Pink, red, blue, purple, and yellow.

Favorite Exercise/Workouts: Swimming!

What are your fitness/health goals? To lose weight and be healthier.

What was the "trigger" or incident that made you decide it was time to lose weight and become more fit? There's a boy I like, that I've liked for over 2 years. I've always been shy around boys because of my weight (I don't feel pretty), and he may be leaving soon, so I decided it's time to get the show on the road...

What do you struggle with the most on this journey to health? Staying away from junk food, and getting motivated enough to exercise.

What are three things in the area of diet/exercise you need to improve? 1.) Stay motivated. 2.) Keep on track 3.) Don't give up!!

(Evil motivation) Who do you want to look better than?: A friend of mine who used to date the guy I like, who still "gets to him" (a nice way of putting it)

What can you not wait to wear when you are at goal weight or size? A sexy bikini!!
Old 06-28-2007, 09:35 PM   #354  
Shedding My Cocoon

S/C/G: 230.2/226.4/130

Height: 5'6"

Hello! Wonderful to meet everyone, and I can't wait to get involved. There are so many inspiring stories here!

Name: Holly

Family Life: Living with boyfriend.

Occupation: Full-time (never-ending) student, & inventory spec. for a home damage restoration company.

Hobbies and Interests: Art, music, gaming, DDR.

Favorite Music: Muse! (Alternative/rock, celtic, classical, soundtracks)

Favorite Color(s): Grey and orange. BRIGHT orange.

Favorite Exercise/Workouts: DDR, without a doubt. "You're breakin' out in a sweat!" I've also enjoyed yoga in the past but no longer have a gym membership to attend classes. Bellydancing looks fun, trying to start that up!

What are your fitness/health goals? I want true self-confidence for the first time in my life, I want to look good, and I want to avoid unnecessary trips to the doctor!

What was the "trigger" or incident that made you decide it was time to lose weight and become more fit? A horrifying clothes-shopping session with the BF's parents when I finally broke the barrier between size 16 and 18.

What do you struggle with the most on this journey to health? A positive outlook, carb-cutting (love them carbs), and WAITING.

What are three things in the area of diet/exercise you need to improve? I need to eat less fat/carbs, I need to be more universally active, and I need to do more physical activities with my family and friends (once I'm fit enough to).

(Evil motivation) Who do you want to look better than?: The old me? Haha. I just no longer want to try desperately to find someone fatter than me in any crowd.

What can you not wait to wear when you are at goal weight or size? a) A bikini, and b) some devilishly low hipster shorts with a tank!

Last edited by Ethereal; 07-02-2007 at 01:57 PM.
Old 06-29-2007, 02:12 PM   #355  
Skinny Minnie in Training

S/C/G: 219/see ticker/149

Height: 5'5"

Screen Name: queenjane

Age/Age Range: 41

Family Life: single-mother-by-choice to an adorable 2-year-old boy, close to my 83-year-old mother, by 3 older sibs and their families

Occupation: Researcher/manager (sit on my butt in an office all day for about 50 hours/week)

Hobbies and Interests: My hobbies right now are packing lunches, changing diapers, and doing laundry ! Seriously, I have little time for much other than the basics of life, but I do love dancing, crossword/sudoku puzzles, cooking and reading (can you say "sedentary"?)

Favorite Music: Blues, Zydeco, Springsteen, The Clash, some Hip-Hop

Favorite Color(s): Purple & green

Favorite Exercise/Workouts: Walking & dancing

What are your fitness/health goals? Moving more so I can eat more!

What was the "trigger" or incident that made you decide it was time to lose weight and become more fit? When I weighed in at my doctor's and was darn close to my highest weight ever (when I was about to deliver a 10-pound baby!) Also, that same week my brother had double cardiac bypass, and I resolved that I have to do something to try to avoid ending up on that table in a few years!

What do you struggle with the most on this journey to health? My biggest challenge is fitting in fitness -- though I'm getting some great ideas here at 3FC and I'm learning that 6 x 10 minutes = 60 minutes and so does 4 x 15 minutes and 2 x 30 minutes!

What are three things in the area of diet/exercise you need to improve? Eating more whole/less processed foods, resisting temptations all around me, and moving more.

(Evil motivation ) Who do you want to look better than? : My soon-to-be old self!

What can you not wait to wear when you are at goal weight or size? Body skimming shirts and tight jeans!
Old 07-01-2007, 05:28 PM   #356  
julie

S/C/G: 239/*ticker*/160

Height: 5'2

Screen Name: jaceycat28

Age/Age Range: 29

Family Life: married and have a two year old daughter

Hobbies and Interests: i don't have much hobbies since i have no time but i do scrapbook some times. i am more focused on doing fun stuff with my daughter such as playdates and the beach.

Favorite Music: varied

Favorite Color(s): purple and blue

Favorite Exercise/Workouts: treadmill and exercise bike

What are your fitness/health goals? changing my failies eating habits so we can all eat healthy and love it

What was the "trigger" or incident that made you decide it was time to lose weight and become more fit? when my biggest pants started to feel tight. i realised i have stalled long enough.

What do you struggle with the most on this journey to health? portion control

being able to say no to temptation, exercise , and sticking to counting calories.

(Evil motivation ) Who do you want to look better than? : My old best friend

What can you not wait to wear when you are at goal weight or size? a tank bikini and tight shorts
Old 07-03-2007, 03:41 PM   #357  
temporarily inactive

Default Hiya! :]

Screen Name: briannas diary

Age/Age Range: 17

Family Life: Well, I live with both parents and my 3 younger siblings (1 boy, 2 girls). For a long period of time, our family life was in complete uproar and only as of recent has it simmered down and become somewhat functional.

Hobbies and Interests: Spending time with friends and family, acting crazy (haha), writing (I'm currently working on my memoir)-poetry, short stories, etc., art (sketching, drawing, etc.), and anything else that poses as some form of entertainment.

Favorite Music: I'm a pretty open-minded person; I have a tendency to drift towards rock and alternative styles.

Favorite Color(s): Baby pink (anything pastel), etc.

Favorite Exercise/Workouts: Well, I used to enjoy jogging until I discovered that my thighs and calves were becoming more muscular, so instead, I've taken a liking to power-walking, crunches (I learned a fantastic and extremely effective crunch-routine in dance class last year), swimming, etc.

What are your fitness/health goals?: I'm primarily concerned with losing weight and becoming more attractive (for myself, not for others). I want to be recognized as exceptionally "thin", not "average" in size. My goals are more or less centralized around appearance, not health.

What was the "trigger" or incident that made you decide it was time to lose weight and become more fit?: I've been concerned with my weight since I was approximately 11 years old...I was always the type of child to be able to eat whatever I wanted without gaining a single pound-that all changed when my growth spurts came to a screehcing hault and my metabolism slowed down. My body took a turn for the worst as I transformed from a child to a young woman-I developed hideous breasts and my hips widened. My stomach wasn't as flat and one day, my dad pointed out to me that I was gaining weight. That was probably the most triggering incident. However, there have been several others (too many to list)...But it's time that I take control of my body, in addition to my life, and finally become the strong, independent individual that I've always wanted to be.

What do you struggle with the most on this journey to health?: I have an insatiable appetite for anything sweet and/or creamy. I've got quite a sweet tooth. Unfortunately, I've never been fond of fruits and vegetables; I'm a huge fan of mexican food (bean and cheese burritos= heaven in my eyes). I'm used to eating large quantities of food and then purging via use of laxatives. Consequently, I've never been able to achieve me goal. Food has always posed as a major barrier between who I desire to be and who I truly am.

What are three things in the area of diet/exercise you need to improve?: First and foremost, I need to establish in my mind that food is the enemy-cakes, chocolate, etc. do nothing more than add excess weight, and in the long run, make me absolutely miserable. I'm moderately active-I walk at least a few miles a day, however, I could boost my activity level. Secondly, I need to quit binging on fatty foods-I've been known to consume an entire carton of Dreyer's ice cream. This does nothing more than throw my metabolism out of balance, causing me to gain even more weight. And lastly, I need to adopt a positive attitude in regards to dieting and weight-loss; rather than taking it from a negative, my-body-is-grotesque approach, I need to see it in a lighter, my-body-is-too-good-for-that approach. It's all about attitude and mind-set.

(Evil motivation ) Who do you want to look better than?: Thank goodness whomever made this decided to include this section-haha, I was beginning to believe that I'm the only one with somewhat-evil, selfish motives. Well, I'd love to be thinner than all of my friends (according to them, I already am), and I'd also feel a great deal better about myself being the thinnest in comparison to the rest of the females in my family (including cousins, etc.) I secretly want others to be envious of my perfected-self :]

What can you not wait to wear when you are at goal weight or size?: As I continue to drop these excess pounds, I eagerly anticipate wearing whatever it is I want! I'll finally be able to wear fitted shirts and other clothing. Because I'm so chubby, I'm left with no choice but to wear baggy, loose clothing to mask myself. It's rather depressing and unattractive, but they're the only things I feel comfortable in at the moment.
Old 07-03-2007, 08:37 PM   #358  
Kickin PCOS's Butt!

S/C/G: 240/Ticker/150 Ultimate Goal

Height: 5' 3"

Screen Name: Pinkhoodie

Age/Age Range: 24

Family Life: Married for 3.5 years

Hobbies and Interests: Scrapbooking, music, movies, spending time with hubby, photoshop, current events.

Favorite Music: Soundtracks to some movies, Disney...

Favorite Color(s): Magenta Pink

Favorite Exercise/Workouts: WATP, I also like walking on the treadmill and doing a bike, but those are not available to me at this time.

What are your fitness/health goals? I want to be a healthier slimmer me. I want to be able to do things like cross my legs, and have my hubby pick me up.

What was the "trigger" or incident that made you decide it was time to lose weight and become more fit? I have been trying for bascially my whole life. But only recently with this much desire and drive.

What do you struggle with the most on this journey to health? Fast food, and sometimes I get what I call "snacky." I will just eat and eat and not pay attention to what I'm eating. That's why I decided to start tracking my calories again. I lost 30 pounds last year doing that, but only recently wanted to try again.

What are three things in the area of diet/exercise you need to improve? 1) NO FAST FOOD at all. One slip up gives me the excuse to keep messing up. 2)Be active all day long. 3) Keep going, and realize its a lifestyle change, not a temporary thing (mindset bascially).

(Evil motivation ) Who do you want to look better than? My sister! Lol!

What can you not wait to wear when you are at goal weight or size? Probably a cute pair of hip hugging jeans. Also looking cuter in sexy stuff for my hubby!
Old 07-04-2007, 02:18 PM   #359  

S/C/G: 298/225/200~>165

Height: 5 11

Default Intro.

Screen Name: goldfleks

Age/Age Rangeurned 37 in May

Family Life: Married to the perfect man, have two great kids: My girl 12 ( going on 16...) and my boy, 10 yrs.

Hobbies and Interests: Family of course, I also have my own Shih-Tzu & small dog rescue.

Favorite Music: Just about anything...

Favorite Color(s): Indigo, greens and blues

Favorite Exercise/Workouts: I bike at least an hour on my recumbent bike nightly and every other night lift weights

What are your fitness/health goals? To be healthy and feel good.

What was the "trigger" or incident that made you decide it was time to lose weight and become more fit? We had planned a trip to Florida, staying at Disney for 2 weeks, I could NOT go there as fat as I was. I lost a lot of weight before we left, and now I need to lose the remaining 40...I want it gone so I can get a tummy tuck!!

What do you struggle with the most on this journey to health? Knowing how to do it, tried low carbing & have lost, but I feel like I was out on a bender every morning, and my breath stunk to high heaven...Plus I missed my oatmeal in the AM.

What are three things in the area of diet/exercise you need to improve? Making sure I do not skip nights, or get lax.

(Evil motivation ) Who do you want to look better than? he old me...

What can you not wait to wear when you are at goal weight or size? A normal size...maybe even a medium...wow...that would be very cool...
Old 07-06-2007, 11:05 AM   #360  
Live with Intention

S/C/G: 260.6/see ticker/160

Height: 5'7"

Screen Name: Pita

Age/Age Range: 41

Family Life: Living with the love of my life and my 15-year-old daughter

Hobbies and Interests: Writing, hanging out with my friends at Starbucks, wondering around Barnes & Nobles, watching bad reality TV.
Favorite Music: Pop and Blues

Favorite Color(s): Pink

Favorite Exercise/Workouts: I like going to Curves and my favorite machine is the one that works my thighs. That baby does work!

What are your fitness/health goals? To become healthy, fit, strong, and looking good naked.

What was the "trigger" or incident that made you decide it was time to lose weight and become more fit? My life is incredible and I’m finally getting the chance to do things I have only dreamed of. The weight is the one addiction that I have clung to after letting go of so many others. I want to be in control of my body and not let food control me.

What do you struggle with the most on this journey to health? My weakness and inconsistency at staying on plan.

What are three things in the area of diet/exercise you need to improve? Portion control, regular exercise, an attitude that reflects what I really want.

(Evil motivation ) Who do you want to look better than? : There are a group of women that I know who are all mostly overweight to some degree or other. I would like to walk into the house when we all get together and be the hottest one there.
What can you not wait to wear when you are at goal weight or size? Sleeveless shirts, shirts tucked in, short skirts, a bathing suit!!
Closed Thread