Closed Thread

Old 05-01-2006, 12:18 AM   #196  

Default It's me Naola!!!

Screen Name:Naola

Age/Age Range:25-30

Family Life:2 sisters, 1 brother, one absolutely cute niece, mother, father and the worlds greatest boyfriend!

Hobbies and Interests:play violin and piano, cooking, photography, and drawing

Favorite Music: I like all kinds. Really. I come from a musical family and was exposed at a young age to everything from Michael Jackson to Bach. I know Handels Messiah by heart (really).

Favorite Color(s):Blue

Favorite Exercise/Workouts:Walking (I could do it forever!) Swimming and the elliptical trainer

What are your fitness/health goals? I need to lose 40 lbs

What was the "trigger" or incident that made you decide it was time to lose weight and become more fit? I saw my graduation pics and for the first time in my life i wanted picture evidence destroyed. I was huge and didn't realize it. Plus I started having health problems directly related to my health. I'm not supposed to be this big y'all

What do you struggle with the most on this journey to health?Opportunity to eat right and exercise. I'm a third shifter and my schedule is different every week. Some times I work 3 -4 days in a row, so I lose an entire week!
What are three things in the area of diet/exercise you need to improve? Food choices. creating opportunities to exercise and eat right

(Evil motivation ) Who do you want to look better than? : My evil twin in those graduation pics

What can you not wait to wear when you are at goal weight or size? An ethnic summer dress at my boyfriends graduation.__________________
Old 05-01-2006, 10:29 AM   #197  

S/C/G: 147.6/145.4/130

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Screen Name: mdust

Age/Age Range: 19

Family Life: long term relationship

Hobbies and Interests: music, clothes, shopping, school, hiking

Favorite Music: jimmy eat world, all-american rejects, fall out boy, CCR, john mayer, etc.

Favorite Color(s): saffron

Favorite Exercise/Workouts: eliptical

What are your fitness/health goals? To lose about 15 pounds and maintain a weight of around 130lb

What was the "trigger" or incident that made you decide it was time to lose weight and become more fit? clothes not fitting anymore

What do you struggle with the most on this journey to health? motivation and confidence

What are three things in the area of diet/exercise you need to improve? as said above and pushing myself to do something (other than eating) when I am bored

What can you not wait to wear when you are at goal weight or size? anything!
Old 05-06-2006, 05:26 PM   #198  

S/C/G: 160.5/158.5/135

Screen Name:HeatherR

Age/Age Range:mid 30's
Family Life: married almost 17 years!!!

Hobbies and Interests: movies, good books, my kids

Favorite Music: I like a little of everything

Favorite Color(s):blue,

Favorite Exercise/Workouts:I love using my elliptical trainer and my pilates 20 minute workout
What are your fitness/health goals? I want to have a final weight of anywhere between 125 -135lbs
What was the "trigger" or incident that made you decide it was time to lose weight and become more fit? When I realised that I didn't look like I felt. (I don't "feel" fat, but I am)
What do you struggle with the most on this journey to health? The weight is comming off so slowly it hardley seems worth it
What are three things in the area of diet/exercise you need to improve? Drink more water, eat more veggies, don't skip out on excersize
(Evil motivation ) Who do you want to look better than? my cousin

What can you not wait to wear when you are at goal weight or size? I'm gonna answer this a little different because I can't wait to not feel like I have to cover up my belly with a longer shirt
Old 05-07-2006, 01:04 PM   #199  

Screen Name: AmandaZimm

Age/Age Range: 26

Family Life: Single parent to Trey. He was 3 in March.

Hobbies and Interests: Reading, taking walks along our river trail with my son, photography.....

Favorite Music: R&B, Acoustic, Pop, and some jazz/blues

Favorite Color(s): Gray, Black, and pink.

Favorite Exercise/Workouts: Walking outside (only) and the elliptical.

What are your fitness/health goals? I would like to initially lose 30lbs, continue to eat better, and incorporate more exercise including weights.

What was the "trigger" or incident that made you decide it was time to lose weight and become more fit? Which time?? In 2001 I decided enough was enough. I weighed over 250lbs, and was desperate to lose weight. I went about it the wrong way. I ate approx 600 calories for a 8 months and lost over 100 lbs. I was down to 140lbs. I found out I was pregnant a year later and ended up gaining over 60lbs. I did lose weight again last year and got down to the low 160's. I am curently at about 180lbs. I know yo-yo dieting is sooo bad. I am trying hard to do it the right way this time.

What do you struggle with the most on this journey to health? Foooood. I am so impulsive with food. I can be right on track and within 2 minutes decide "just today" I will go off and eat what I want. It's very frusterating.

What are three things in the area of diet/exercise you need to improve? Weight, and again impulsive eating.

(Evil motivation ) Who do you want to look better than? : I don't know. I just want to be happy again, and I let weight control my evey emotion. I was truly happy with myself 4 years ago.

What can you not wait to wear when you are at goal weight or size? At the moment I am just looking forward to wearing my clothes from last summer.
Old 05-12-2006, 12:09 PM   #200  

S/C/G: 179.8/169/120

Height: 5'1"

Screen Name: SarahL

Age/Age Range: 27

Family Life: married w/2 beautiful children

Occupation: full time mommy, part time homeowner claim adjuster

Hobbies and Interests: my kids, crafting, working out, riding my bike, reading

Favorite Music: folk and classic rock (mostly Peter, Paul & Mary)

Favorite Color(s): green

Favorite Exercise/Workouts: treadmill, gazelle

What are your fitness/health goals?

What was the "trigger" or incident that made you decide it was time to lose weight and become more fit? I gained a bunch back after losing...and those really cute clothes weren't fitting. Plus, my son told me that my butt was looking bigger :-)

What do you struggle with the most on this journey to health? I'm an emotional eater...I am also a late night eater.

What are three things in the area of diet/exercise you need to improve? I need to start doing other things when I get upset/happy rather than eat. I need to stop eating at 8pm (or at best 7pm) at night...no exceptions. I need to be more consistent with exercise.

(Evil motivation ) Who do you want to look better than? : My sister - in - law.

What can you not wait to wear when you are at goal weight or size? hip hugger jeans with a cute top.
Old 05-13-2006, 10:55 AM   #201  

S/C/G: 173/in progress/140ish

Height: 5'8"

Screen Name: alinnell

Age/Age Range: 43

Family Life: Married, 2 kids, 2 dogs

Occupation: just started working for DH, previously worked in hospital for 14+ years and then took a few months off to be a Mom

Hobbies and Interests: reading, beading

Favorite Music: alternative rock and jazz, some classical

Favorite Color(s): black and green, but not necessarily together

Favorite Exercise/Workouts: walking the dogs

What are your fitness/health goals? I want to lose weight and be able to see some definition in my muscles with less flab

What was the "trigger" or incident that made you decide it was time to lose weight and become more fit? The realization that size 12 as too tight and that only a few years ago I had reached my goal and then let it all (plus more) slip back on. That and my doctor telling me to lose weight.

What do you struggle with the most on this journey to health? I still like to drink wine and I know it is just empty calories

What are three things in the area of diet/exercise you need to improve? motivation to do the exercise (now that I am working again, my time is limited--I was walking 4+ miles 5 days a week). Also, the heat here makes it difficult to get outside (California desert--103 yesterday 5/12/06)

(Evil motivation ) Who do you want to look better than? : I don't have anyone that I want to "beat"

What can you not wait to wear when you are at goal weight or size? ???? I have not thought about that!
Old 05-16-2006, 12:52 PM   #202  

S/C/G: 196/163/155

Height: 5'10"

Screen Name: idest

Age/Age Range: 48

Family Life: Divorced w/ 3 kids.

Hobbies and Interests: Reading, writing cooking, interior design

Favorite Music: Everything but jazz

Favorite Color(s): Depends on my mood

Favorite Exercise/Workouts: Does reading count?

What are your fitness/health goals? I want to fit into that size 10 leather skirt again

What was the "trigger" or incident that made you decide it was time to lose weight and become more fit? I've been one of those lucky eat-whatever-slim people all of my life. Then I quit smoking about 2 years ago and really packed it on in consequence. In January, 2006, I realized I was about to jump up a size again (to a 16) and just couldn't stand it. So I figured I could use my kitchen skills to make yummy low calorie meals...

What do you struggle with the most on this journey to health? The plateau I'm currently stuck on!

What are three things in the area of diet/exercise you need to improve? I need to exercise. I just haven't made the time for it.

What can you not wait to wear when you are at goal weight or size? That size 10 leather skirt!
Old 05-19-2006, 08:54 AM   #203  
Leah

S/C/G: 200/ticker/147

Height: 5'7''

Screen Name: Leah_0600

Age/Age Range: almost 18

Family Life: I live with my Mum and sister, my dad and my little sister live in Spain.

Hobbies and Interests: Cinema, Shopping (don't we all!) I'm really into reading at the moment, I love poetry and Shakespeare. I've just been to see the play 'The Changeling'.

Favorite Music: I like rocky/indie music such as fall out boy, Panic! at the disco. I also like Latin American music.

Favorite Color(s): Yellow

Favorite Exercise/Workouts: Aerobics at my local sports centre and 'Pump it up!' Workout DVD

What are your fitness/health goals? To not feel out of breath when walking somewhere!

What was the "trigger" or incident that made you decide it was time to lose weight and become more fit? My nana told me i was putting on weight and my size 14 trousers became tight. I want to feel comfortable and happy again!

What do you struggle with the most on this journey to health? I'm addicted to food.. i just have to eat so much in a day, it's so hard not to

What are three things in the area of diet/exercise you need to improve?
1-Self control when i open the refridgerator
2-Push myself to go to aerobics classes EVERY week
3-Not give up when i slip up

(Evil motivation ) Who do you want to look better than? : my older sister who is probably half my weight... but she's definatly TOO thin.

What can you not wait to wear when you are at goal weight or size? Some skinny jeans or a really tiny skirt hehe. I'd absolutley love to fit into size 12 jeans again. I think that day would be the happiest day of my life!

Last edited by leah_0600; 05-19-2006 at 09:08 AM.
Old 05-19-2006, 03:17 PM   #204  

S/C/G: 155/144.25/135

Screen Name: miasmom

Age/Age Range: just turned 42

Family Life:single and NOT looking, live with my two kitties(Barkley and Mia) in a condo.

Hobbies and Interests:reading, exercising, planning my vacation to Europe in July

Favorite Music:anything but rap

Favorite Color(s)ink and black

Favorite Exercise/Workouts:elliptical, weight machines, walking

What are your fitness/health goals? Lose 10 more pounds and/or fit into a single digit size

What was the "trigger" or incident that made you decide it was time to lose weight and become more fit? I swore I would never wear a size 12. When I almost couln't fit into a 12, I swore I would never wear a 14. That time I listened

What do you struggle with the most on this journey to health?
Emotional/stress eating; unrealistic expectations

More varied diet
More protein
Less "stress eating"

(Evil motivation ) Who do you want to look better than? : Unrealistically? My friend who is 10 years younger than I am and has the metabolism of a hamster. Realistically? Myself right now...

What can you not wait to wear when you are at goal weight or size? Jeans
Old 05-20-2006, 12:24 AM   #205  

Smile

Screen Name: baswed

Age/Age Range: 38

Family Life: husband and 17 year old son

Hobbies and Interests: I love going to see movies and also listening to music and reading books

Favorite Music:I like a bit of everything, sex pistols, clash,fiona apple, oingo boingo, cyndi lauper, madonna.. need i go on..lol

Favorite Color(s): dark brown

Favorite Exercise/Workouts: god i hate exercise but i have been walking the dog

What are your fitness/health goals? to feel energized after exercising instead of wanting to take a nap

What was the "trigger" or incident that made you decide it was time to lose weight and become more fit? im tired of looking in a mirror and ignoring the issue im getting older and better do something now!

What do you struggle with the most on this journey to health? i do fine then all of a sudden i fall off the wagon and just eat everything and have to start over again

1-Self control when i open the refridgerator
2-make myself workout
3-keep positive and strong mentally

(Evil motivation ) Who do you want to look better than? : my friend from junior high

What can you not wait to wear when you are at goal weight or size? shorts and not look like a hippo wearing them..lol
and to be able to just pick up smaller clothes and they look good on.
Old 05-22-2006, 12:52 PM   #206  

S/C/G: 240/207/135

Height: 5'6

Screen Name: athenac

Age/Age Range: 23

Family Life: Single and still living with my parents

Hobbies and Interests: reading, writing, and exercising

Favorite Music: Anything that can catch my attention.

Favorite Color(s): Red, green, black

Favorite Exercise/Workouts: Elliptical and yoga

What are your fitness/health goals? To be healthy, period.

What was the "trigger" or incident that made you decide it was time to lose weight and become more fit? My cousin's funeral

What do you struggle with the most on this journey to health? Over-eating

What are three things in the area of diet/exercise you need to improve? To have more willpower, be positive, and being able to treat myself without feeling guilty

(Evil motivation ) Who do you want to look better than? : My cousin. I love her to death, but the girl can eat whatever she wants and doesn't gain an ounce.

What can you not wait to wear when you are at goal weight or size? "skinny" jeans
Old 05-26-2006, 06:12 PM   #207  
Changing my Lifestyle!

S/C/G: 195/192/135

Screen Name: Jessica6897

Age/Age Range: 26

Family Life: Married with 2 little girls

Hobbies and Interests: Bargain Shopping, Travel, Cooking

Favorite Music: Just about everything but I love country like Chris LeDoux and George Strait

Favorite Color(s): Pink

Favorite Exercise/Workouts: QuickFit & Eliptical

What are your fitness/health goals? Weight Loss & to get heathier

What was the "trigger" or incident that made you decide it was time to lose weight and become more fit? I'm the same size I was now that I was when I was 9 months prego with my 2nd daughter

What do you struggle with the most on this journey to health? Bingeing

What are three things in the area of diet/exercise you need to improve? Diet, Diet, Diet - I've got the exercise thing down pretty well.

(Evil motivation ) Who do you want to look better than? : My SIL

What can you not wait to wear when you are at goal weight or size? I am most comfortable in yoga pants or pajama bottoms but I just want them to look nice and flat...
Old 05-29-2006, 07:57 PM   #208  
Fearless and Free

Screen Name: Tirzah

Age/Age Range: 24

Family Life: Temporarily at home with parents

Hobbies and Interests: movies, books, art and music

Favorite Music: sarah mclachlan and john mayer

Favorite Color(s): Pink

Favorite Exercise/Workouts: Walking

What are your fitness/health goals? Lose the weight to feel better and be healthier

What was the "trigger" or incident that made you decide it was time to lose weight and become more fit? I woke up one day and realized I was living in a shell of protection. I wanted to shed the shell and be me again.

What do you struggle with the most on this journey to health? Binge eating

What are three things in the area of diet/exercise you need to improve? Consistant work outs, snacking, not obsessing

(Evil motivation ) Who do you want to look better than? : my sister! LOL is that bad?

What can you not wait to wear when you are at goal weight or size? My cute jeans
Old 05-29-2006, 09:26 PM   #209  

S/C/G: 272/ticker/200

Height: 5'5

Default introducing....

Screen Name: cardsfan2009

Age/Age Range: 15 (Ill be 16 in 3 months!! )

Family Life:

I live with my momma and daddy. My brother Brian is a U.S. Marine, he is currently in California, to be going to Iraq sooner or later . My sister Cristy is an occupational therapist and lives about an hour away. My other sister Amy is in college in Austin, Texas. Soon she is moving to Portland, Oregon for an internship.

I work at the local vet's office (I am going to be a veterinarian and need so many hours of experience to get into vet school)

Hobbies and Interests:

I love Cardinals baseball (Missourian here!) I love animals, i raise chickens for eggs(I have 12). I also have 3 cats, 3 dogs, and 2 cockatiels. I am VERY into the supernatural/paranormal stuff.

Favorite Music:

Country and classic rock. Sometimes, but very rarely, i venture outside those 2 genres.

Favorite Color(s): Green and blue.

Favorite Exercise/Workouts:

Bellydance and walking. I also do yoga, which is ok, and then theres t-tapp, which i hate but is extremely effective.

What are your fitness/health goals?

I would like to fit into a size 9/10. I dont want to be itty bitty, i dont find that appealing at all. I want to weight around 155 lbs, but if i have a higher weight and am still the size i want to be, thats ok too.

What was the "trigger" or incident that made you decide it was time to lose weight and become more fit?

Getting on the scale after 3 months of eating CRAP and seeing that i had gained 10 lbs. I had gotten comfortable with maintaining, and figured, Hey, at least im not gaining. Seeing that i had snapped me into action, and i plan to follow through.

What do you struggle with the most on this journey to health?

Exercise. Exercise. Oh, yeah, and exercise. I occasionally have some problems with food, but thats still rare. Im just a lazy bum..lol I just lack motivation sometimes..and thats in all areas of my life, not just exercise.

I need to learn to control my portions!! I can eat the healthiest thing around but if i go over on my portions, it doesnt really matter. Also, i need to start entering the foods i plan to eat in my fitday BEFORE i eat them, so I wont be shocked at the end result, because then i cant go back.. I also really need to work on getting enough fiber

(Evil motivation ) Who do you want to look better than? : I guess not anyone especially, my evil motivation is, alas, the opposite sex. I know it shouldnt matter what i look like, but im a very quiet shy person so people rarely get to know me....and if i dont have good looks either...well, its gonna be hard for me to date.

What can you not wait to wear when you are at goal weight or size? I love halter tops/tank tops. There's this one little silky green one hanging in my closet that is GORGEOUS and i cant wait to feel good about myself in it.

Last edited by cardsfan2009; 05-29-2006 at 10:05 PM.
Old 06-06-2006, 12:44 PM   #210  
Recovering Shopaholic

S/C/G: See tickers for latest!

Height: 5'3"

Screen Name: HandbagAficionado

Age/Age Range: 29 (forever! But I really am 29 this year)

Family Life: (Divorced) Myself, my 9 yo son and my 3 yo b/g twins

Hobbies and Interests: If/when I have spare time again – reading, cooking, working in my yard, walking on trails in the woods. Right now, I can just fit in exercising and cooking (healthily, of course!)

Favorite Music: Top 40, R&B

Favorite Color(s): Pink and Lavender, I’m a girly girl

Favorite Exercise/Workouts: Turbo Jam

What are your fitness/health goals? To maintain my 100+ lb. weightloss, maybe even lose 10 more pounds! And to become emotionally healthy in regards to food (no more emotional eating)

What was the "trigger" or incident that made you decide it was time to lose weight and become more fit? 9/11! & wanting to make sure that the time I spent on earth with my son was quality time, not being too overweight to even play with him

What do you struggle with the most on this journey to health? Emotional eating, lack of free time to exercise how I would like to (single mom of 3!)

What are three things in the area of diet/exercise you need to improve? See struggles! lol

(Evil motivation ) Who do you want to look better than? Myself, 5 years ago

What can you not wait to wear when you are at goal weight or size? Well, I have been at goal and I am still unhappy with myself (excess skin). I know I will never be in a 2 pc, but when I eventually get my skin removed I will be thrilled to be in a 1 pc or tankini without a large amount of skin hanging around – and no more swimdresses!
Closed Thread