Closed Thread

Old 11-10-2004, 05:40 PM   #31  
Biker Chick!

S/C/G: 169/152/145

Height: 5' 5"

Debbie - thank you for the comraderie in "significant-other-junk-food-itis" or whatever we want to call it I know we can say no, but it's pushing the limits of one's self-control, isn't' it!!

aphil, I'm spaced on how recent you mentioned this, but I certainly remember the descriptions you gave of your husband's past employer's holiday party fabulous feast - especially the CHOCOLATE display Is that coming up soon?

It was COLD here this morning - 16 degrees Fahrenheit!!! and someone left a window open at work, PLUS an exhaust fan drawing out....in the back room it was a balmy 48 took a long time for that room to warm up!

My BUTT muscles are sore today from an especially vigorous workout yesterday. But ( ) it feels good, to know they were isolated and worked!!!

Hello to everyone else!!! Nancy (Snowey), if you're here, HI!!!!!!!!!!!! we're almost at our three-year anniversary here, girl! I spent some time re-reading old posts, and sweetie, you were just always SO great to read and talk to. Miss you!
Old 11-11-2004, 09:26 AM   #32  

S/C/G: 233.9/143/160

Height: 5'7"

Hi everyone!

Holly-YES...that is the party that is coming up.
I want to tell you I admire you by the way-for coming here and admitting that you haven't been so good lately and are fighting a small gain. You didn't have to do that...and I admire that you did. We are here and fighting right along with you girl.

I had a binge eating episode this past week...and I am back on track. I think it is just being so busy, and stress-and too much candy laying around-and I blew it. I am back on track for the past 2 days now...trying to beat it. That's the whole thing isn't it? Whether you are just starting out, in the middle of your weight loss journey, or have been maintaning for a few years-it is never over. You have to exercise and watch what you eat FOREVER. For those of us with weight issues...I guess that is the realization that we all have to come to. It is never over. It helps to keep a positive attitude though, huh? Just realize that you have to work at it-accept it, and go on.

Aphil
Old 11-11-2004, 10:23 AM   #33  

What's going on this week. I had a binge eating episode yesterday also. I ate two candy bars. I can't remember the last time that I ate a candy bar. I counted it and am back on track today. I really need to work on my weekends and do better or I am never going to get anywhere. Aphil is right, it is never over.
Old 11-11-2004, 11:07 AM   #34  
Biker Chick!

Default It is Never Over - how true

Thank you, aphil!! Yes, hard to admit. I really thought the 151 was one of those "not-true" weigh-in's , that I was full of fluid or something. But I just stripped and weighed, and it's still there. I just made the huge, hard decision to show the truth in my signature Well, I HAVE be honest with my friends and comrades here.

And I can see where it came from. It comes from not planning and preparing a lunch ahead of time, so when I get to the point of being SO hungry and desperate, a big muffin and coffee, or a bagel, or 2 big cookies crammed down is the meal of choice Then there's my "stinkin' thinkin'" (remember Stuart Smalley on SNL ) in the evenings, when I see my very overweight dh having whatever he wants...driving 10 miles to the store in the evenings, just to get ice cream and a can of whipped cream and a bottle of chocolate sauce...it's very very difficult for me to stay on track. There is no reason at all why I need to let myself go to pot, just because HE is...but...ya know? This is my own personal hardship I must work through. and thanks to you all who keep hearing it but don't suggest I throw him out of the house

debbie - hi! I hope this weekend is easier for you. Check in here with us, if that helps!

hugs to my friends here
Old 11-11-2004, 11:25 AM   #35  

Stuart Smalley...
Old 11-11-2004, 11:49 AM   #36  

VermontMom,

I wouldn't dare suggest throwing him out of the house because if someone did that to me I would have been thrown out for being fat a long time ago. Thankfully my boyfriend supports me and doesn't want to hear me say anything about how fat I am. He used to be very thin and has gained 60 lbs in the past couple of years.

I will keep on working on doing better on the weekends, eventually I will get it. Thanks for your support.

Deb
Old 11-11-2004, 12:00 PM   #37  

S/C/G: 212/144/130

Hello ladies

I am back! all this week I have worked out and ate right. I am so happy and feel so much better after my 5 month rutt! For the first time in months I actually got in a workout last night after a long work day getting home at 6:10 PM then cooking and bath time. I did it while my daughter was in the tub. I have been doing more here at work too, stairs and at lunch. This weekend I need to keep it up. I still have not seen any pounds gone since last friday but I think it takes your body a little while to kick into gear? I am so happy

This surley is a day to day fight and we will have live this new life style for life.

I see my husband also eating sweats and never exercising. But I also remember a time when he was trying to loose and I was doing nothing and was over 200lbs. He told me one time that he was getting worried about my health and it kind of shocked me out of my denial.........All we can do is not buy the junk and offer up healther meals and hope they will come around and join us. Mean while, stay clear of the chips and ice cream. I fall at least once or twice a week myself.

My little girl was sick last night so I am sitting here at my desk at work very sleepy I am not going out today. It is going to rain and is cool out. Good luck through the weekend to all of you and keep your spirits up

Amie

5'-3" age 31
June 2003 212 lbs size 20W
June 2004 156.6 lbs size 10/12
October 2004 166.8 lbs size 12/14
Today 164.2 with 34.2 lbs to go!
Old 11-12-2004, 12:38 PM   #38  
Biker Chick!

Good morning ladies!!

thanks again for the support. I hope I didn't sound like I wanted to throw dh out for being overweight! It was for bringing junk into the house, that was the reason!! I have heard that good advice before, that the best I can do is not nag, just try to set a good example

amoses, CONGRATS!! on being able to squeeze in a workout AFTER your long day at work!! That is truly great. I know when time is tight, it is so easy for us to ditch out workout...'cause us moms are so used to sacrificing (where's that angel smilie again, lol)

I feel pretty good, even though I have owned up to gaining some pounds. I dressed a little more nicely this morning, as I planned to go to MV this morning to get a photo license, with a little attitude
I renewed through the mail, and received this skimpy non-photo license, which certainly didn't look like it was worth the $43.00 I paid! So I went with the intention of getting a photo license, without paying another penny.

Once there, no problem with getting a photo license made up without paying more....until I asked the clerk to put both my mailing address (a Post Office box) and my physical address on the license.

Clerk - "Well, you already have the physical address on there, which you're not supposed to, but I can change it to show your PO box, for a $15.00 fee. Do you want that?"

I said, "no, I'm not going to pay a cent more for this license...and the physical address is already on there, someone here must have made an error, so I'm not responsible for that."

Clerk - "I agree, someone here should not have done that, so I won't charge you for the change, but you can't have both addresses."

me - "I have been in a situation where I was required to show my photo ID, with BOTH my mailing address and physical address."

Clerk - "What situation was that?"

me - "When I was buying a handgun."

Clerk - (unspoken ulp!) "Well, there are only so many spaces here for an address, and we need your mailing address."

me - (slipping my handgun back into my purse) "Alright." (just kidding about having the gun with me )

ANYHOO I should have told you all that my point is that my confidence and assertiveness (coughb*tchcough ) is sky-high. Something I never ever ever had before! In the past, I would NEVER make a point about speaking up about shoddy service or products, or point out facts...it was just another way of shrinking into the woodwork, not drawing attention to myself....now I love it Once can be assertive without being mean, though...and I don't mean sickly nice while you're saying mean things, I meant stating facts simply and directly.

Hoo-rah for strong women
Old 11-12-2004, 12:58 PM   #39  

It's Friday

LOL VermontMom.....

Just a fast note to say I weighted in this morning and lost 2.2 lbs this week. I was so happy after gaining. I got back on my plan and lost! I have always lost between 1-3 lbs a week, so I am happy with that. Now to keep iti up and not gain it back over the weekend??

Have a great weekend all

Amie

Old 11-12-2004, 01:19 PM   #40  

YEAH AMIE!!!!!

VermontMom, I knew you wouldn't throw him out for being overweight. What would we do without them? Congratulations on your new assertiveness. I need to do that too. I am definately a people-pleaser.

Deb
Old 11-15-2004, 12:22 PM   #41  

Hi Ladies,

Every one have a nice weekend? I Did a lot of cleaning. I got the border up in my little girls room and even ran on my treadmill. Yeah! . I am on a roll. I ate good all weekend and walked to the park, went for a bike ride and did a 35 min jog on my treadmill. I am wanting to loose 10-15 lbs by our Christmas eve party. Since I am back on my plan, it seems like the hardest part is drinking enouph water? I am trying to drink 8 glasses a day....... It was cold this morning and don't think I will be able to get out today to walk at luch . I love the fall, but with winter coming in I will not get to walk at lunch! What can I do here at work to get my heart rate up for 15-30 min?? I do work on the 13 th floor and I will walk down to the 8th and then back up the stairs. Any ideas ?

Hope every one has a great week .............

Amie
Old 11-15-2004, 04:50 PM   #42  

Raiden has been sick the past few days...with a slight fever and vomiting. Terrible for a 3 year old who doesn't understand why he can't eat when he is hungry...or why he can only have a saltine or sip of 7up every hour or so when his sister is up and doing everything normally.
I will try to check back in tomorrow.
Aphil
Old 11-16-2004, 12:14 PM   #43  

Hi all, Hopefully I now have my computer problems fixed and it won't crash every time
I sign in on 3FC's and start to write.
Aphil, I hope that Raiden is feeling better today. Sending good vibes your way!!
Amoses, Congratulations on your weight loss. Sounds like you are on the right track!
Your daughters bedroom sounds beautiful! I bet she really loves it.
VermontMom, Hang in there girl. You have worked so hard for your life style changes.
I hope that you can find some middle ground with your DH, so if he must have all the empty calories that he will at least be willing to store them out of sight and not eat them in front of you. Good luck.
Hi DebbieJarrell and SusanB!
Everyone have a good week!

Last edited by Irish Tart; 11-16-2004 at 12:17 PM.
Old 11-17-2004, 11:35 AM   #44  

Hi Everyone,

I haven't posted in a few days, too busy at work. I am still struggling with Saturday's. Still going over my fat and calorie count. It's almost like I have a switch that turns itself off on Saturdays and back on on Sundays.

Irish Tart, glad to hear your computer is fixed. That can be so frustrating.
Aphil, I hope your daughter is feeling better.
Amosos, are you still on a roll. You have been doing great. Keep up the good work.
VermontMom, How are you doing?

Deb
Old 11-17-2004, 02:41 PM   #45  
"Just call me Princess":)

Default Newbie here...

Hello everyone!
My name is Julia, I am sorta new...well I have always visited the website, a loonnnng time ago I was an avid low carber and posted on occassion. That was before my bread, ice-cream and rice & beans (I am Puerto Rican,so that's one of our staple meals, lol) won.... ok so right now today...I weighed myself this morning before work and I am at 248. That's not my highest, my highest was last week 252. Even heavier than when I was 40 wks preggers. Yeah...so I feel terrible, and honestly look it.
I took some big steps. I made a choice that I would count my calories, my cholesterol is out of control, so I have to cut fat. And my biggest step was Monday I joined a gym. I have gone two days in a row. With my initiation fee I got five free training sessions and they are even doing a whole weight management thing with me. I am really excited about this.
I am 29 yrs old, I live with my boyfriend and our beautiful 4 yr. old daughter.
I need to be healthier, not to mention I need to be sexier, lol, and be able to fit into those cute little outfits I look at when I am at the mall.

So there you have it. I need all the help and support I can get. I know I should not go under 1200 but does anyone have any samples of what I should be eating? I just want to be armed with all the right tools, and so much stuff is out there. And I still have the low carb thing in my head, and I don't want to fail this time. I have to make this whole change, and I know that you guys are a tight knit group, and so supportive.

Thanks a bunch !!!!
Closed Thread