3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community  

Go Back   3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community > Diet Central > Calorie Counters

Old 09-20-2017, 10:53 AM   #1

S/C/G: 206/191.2/140

Height: 5' 5.75''

Default Calorie Counts and Driving

Hello calorie counters,

I used to be better about counting my calories and after a 3 year hiatus, I am counting again. I wanted to know your opinions on driving. I am probably on the road 1 hour a day and was not counting these calories but when I do 8+ hours on the road, I do count them as justification for Chick-fila. I have found that after a 13 hour drive (1 time a year) I can come back with quite the deficit calorically speaking and definitely sense it in my hunger. Do you regularly count driving or just if you have to do a major trip like me?
Old 09-20-2017, 12:57 PM   #2

S/C/G: 217/201/175

Height: 5'3

I'm not sure what your question is. Your body is burning calories all the time no matter what you're doing. If you are just sitting in a chair you are burning calories. If you happen to be driving while sitting, you would burn more calories by moving your arms and legs to operate the vehicle, but I wouldn't think it would be a lot more, like it would be if you were running for that period of time. If you were driving for 8 hours without eating anything, of course you would be hungry and that would justify eating...even Chick Fila, as long as you didn't overeat.
Old 09-20-2017, 01:03 PM   #3

S/C/G: 265/232/150

Height: 5'6"

I gained weight eating the calories I allegedly burned doing exercise. Go for it. Not for me. I actually paid to turn off that feature of MFP so I could keep my calories clear .
We know what it takes. Persistence. Riding out the flats. Taking one day at a time and sticking with it. The time is NOW! Each day a new day.Can't look back. Can't control the scale. Can control the behaviors and the healthiness of what I put into my body.

Nancy

Started the Bright Line Eating approach July 24, 2017
No sugar, No Flour, 3 planned meals a day, Measured Quantities of protein, veggies, fruit and grains

Oct 16, 2017 ....... down 33 lbs/ 100 to go

Last edited by grannynancy; 09-20-2017 at 01:07 PM.
grannynancy is offline   Reply With Quote