Old 07-26-2016, 07:43 PM   #16  

S/C/G: 315/293.5/180

Height: 5'11"

Hi mom2three! Glad to have you join us. I was thinking of trying keto but have some concerns since I don't have a gallbladder and need to watch fat intake.

Hope your day went well!
GypsyMoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2016, 07:52 PM   #17  

So, today I tried keeping calories low until dinner because I put up the crock with chicken chili; slow cooked all day and so sooo good. But someone brought me a medium Starbucks.. loaded. I drank about half and it drove my hunger up like crazy. Then around 2 or so I had a bad low blood sugar feeling so ended up with a little bag of pretzels and a string cheese.

2 mile walk this morning & plan to walk again after dinner.
Old 07-26-2016, 10:50 PM   #18  

S/C/G: 337.7/336.8/269

Height: 5'6

Hi everyone, bad day , trying to clean it up for tomorrow.
Candidcamster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2016, 06:03 PM   #19  

Hey everyone, yesterday was also a bad day...I see a pattern here, anyhow I watched this inspirational video I'd like to share from one of my favorite Youtubers LoseitlikeLauren https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-TOqULzeWqI she started at over 300 lbs. and she has maintained over 100 lbs. of weight loss. I'm feeling like I need to "start over" since I've been off track for so long. I also feel exercise at this stage is extremely important because I have a huge appetite but I don't have the metabolism I had when I was larger, younger and more active.

NSV - I was going to eat 2 PB & J sandwiches and threw one out, mind you I'd already ate a enchilada w/sour cream and avocado, plus a ton of grapes. I have the appetite of a very large man, but that was my victory. I may screw up again soon, but not that time . Keep going everyone, wherever you start is the perfect place, just do it.
Old 07-29-2016, 03:18 PM   #20  

Hey everyone, I hope you're all doing well. I've posted previously that I have been struggling so much with my weight loss, dealing with wanting to eat everything and having no restrictions on myself, it has been wearing me down so much. You watch yourself eat away all the hard work you put in for 2+ years, in a handful of months. You go from jeans to leggings, and you go from feeling attractive to feeling unattractive and like everyone notices your regain. Whether they do or not, I do, and it freakin' sucks lol. Ok enough bellyaching I weighed in today at 240.9 lbs. which is 31.7 lbs. up from my lowest, and about 11 or so pounds up from my norm of the late 220's. I decided to get it together, whenever you feel like "giving up" that is the time when you should work hardest. Why? It is my philosophy that if you don't have anything to lose, then it can't hurt to try, either it works or it doesn't but let's be real it will if you stick to it consistently.

I'm set to go out of town in about a month, seeing family & friends I haven't seen in a good while and I am hoping to get down to 230 lbs. in the next 4 or so weeks. Today I've eaten seaweed, banana, orange, oatmeal for 390 calories. Goal is 1720.

Lunch was 330 calories (I had 6 Annie's Three Cheese Pizza Poppers 180 calories & 2 Earth's Best Stuffed Kale and Cheese pockets 150 calories) so I have 1,000 calories remaining of 1,720.

Update I ate quite a bit but no binging yay! Lol I had a plum, sweet chili tofu from Whole Foods, clif peanut toffee buzz bar (hangs head in shame they were on sale, I know, I know), half a trader Joe's eggplant wrap and another nutrition bar by food should taste good in macadamia chai.

My calories were 2,256 which at my weight is maintenance not great but not horrible either, I'm grateful because I fought some serious temptation while out tonight.

Last edited by Candidcamster; 07-30-2016 at 12:09 AM.
Old 07-30-2016, 07:08 PM   #21  

Height: 5' 8"

Hi ladies, I would like to join in. I most likely won't post daily but will check in a few times a week. When I CC, I lose weight. When I CC and jog I REALLY lose weight.

I do not typically set a limit as too how many Cals. I can have in a day, but I try to make the calories healthy. I used to try to stay in a range, but there were days when I was not as hungry and I did not want to force myself to eat extra because I had not hit the range yet. There are also days when I am hungrier than normal, so as long as I am making healthy choices, I eat more and go over the range. When I look back over calories eaten, for the most part I am naturally sticking to a general range of 1400-1700. For some people setting a range to stick in is very beneficial.
envelope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2016, 09:34 PM   #22  

I didn't mean to abandon this thread - I was in a bad car accident, not my fault, and am still trying to recover. Once I'm back in the groove I'll post often. Sorry!!
Old 08-03-2016, 09:49 PM   #23  

Oh my goodness, I'm so sorry Gypsy, wishing you a fast recovery.
Old 08-04-2016, 04:32 PM   #24  

Quote:
Originally Posted by GypsyMoon View Post
Candidcam, do you use a formula to figure out how many calories per day? I'm never sure how many I should have. Someone mentioned since I walk 2-4 miles a day that I should be having more.
BTW I'm so sorry for not replying sooner not sure how I missed this but yes I use Myfitnesspal to count calories, based on your sex, weight, height, age and activity level they calculate a certain amount of calories you should consume to accomplish your goals.
Old 08-07-2016, 09:12 AM   #25  

S/C/G: 226.4/177.6/160

Height: 5'1"

So sorry to hear of your accident Hope you're on a good road to recovery!

I'm new to calorie counting and I'm using myfitnesspal Anyone else use it? It's only been two days for me but I'm quite enjoying it so far.
lynnkath is offline   Reply With Quote