Old 02-11-2016, 11:35 AM   #211  
Don't Give Up!

S/C/G: 262/137.8/130

Height: 5'4"

Smile

CandidCamster on being down 95 LBS! You, are an Inspiration to me. Weight loss is a struggle at times but just keep trying. Good Luck!
VickieLou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2016, 08:35 AM   #212  

S/C/G: 337.7/336.8/269

Height: 5'6

Thank you Cherrygarcia80 & VickieLou! Today February 13th, marks 2 years since I began my journey, I've had my ups and downs but as of late more downs than ups. I can't lie to you all, I've been binge eating for the past week, I believe non-stop, it has been a nightmare, while I believe pms played a role, I've also had the blues, and it has been overwhelming. Mentally I keep trying to keep my head above water, but I really feel like I need a group like overeaters anonymous or weight watchers or tops some kind of in person community for support and accountability. I'm scared of regaining every pound I've lost back, some of my formerly loose size 17 jeans are tight or snug, I really need help. If anyone knows of meetings for WW, OA or TOPS that meets in SW Houston/Sugarland area in the evenings, it would be appreciated because I'm at my wits end. Sorry to be depressing but I feel like I'm in a crisis situation.

Last edited by Candidcamster; 02-13-2016 at 08:36 AM.
Candidcamster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2016, 10:46 AM   #213  
Garmin: TrixieCatLAX

S/C/G: 205.3 / 188.4 / 145.0

Height: 5'5"

I'm new to following your log, Camster, but want to extend my support to you as you are going through this setback. You are clearly a very strong woman and have come a loooong way from where you were one year ago. You have the power to stop your current bingeing. You do.
If you are truly bingeing and not just letting your cravings and blues get the best of you, find that OA meeting right away. Otherwise, WW sounds perfect.
Personally, I've been through some truly hard times - everyone has - and if there's one thing I've learned, it's to be careful with saying things like "I'm in crisis". Don't give power to the little naysayer inside of you who's telling you you can't move forward with your weight loss. You can.

P.S. - You inspire me.

Last edited by TrixieCatLAX; 02-13-2016 at 10:47 AM.
TrixieCatLAX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2016, 02:43 PM   #214  
Don't Give Up!

Smile

CandidCamster I think a lot of people get depressed this time of year. Happy 2 Year Anniversary! I have been stress eating and keep gaining and losing the same weight. I'm trying to find hobbies to keep me more busy. I belong to a gym so have been lifting weights and some cardio. You can look online for area meetings for the groups that You mentioned. Good Luck!
Old 02-13-2016, 09:08 PM   #215  
I Can Do This

S/C/G: S 270/C Ticker/MiniGoal#1 170

Height: 5' 5"

Darn Camster, I'm SO sorry! You know, I wonder if there's something about the 2 year mark? Plus, I understand what "the blues" can do.

I know that a couple months before my 2 year mark I seemed to stop trying as hard. In the past 8 or so months I've lost a whopping 8 lbs. The past couple months have been emotionally challenging for me as well. I know in my heart it's only a matter of time before I start seeing gains rather than the bouncing back and forth.

I'm totally unfamiliar with Texas but did find a couple OA meetings in Sugarland in the evening. They're monday and weds at 6:30pm at the Christ United Methodist Church. While I did like WW many years ago, I think a part of WW is being on THEIR plan. You KNOW your foods and you KNOW what to do. It really doesn't sound like you need a plan....just more that you need to re-find your raison d'etre.

The confidence and knowledge and strength is still in there in you chicky! It just got a little clouded over with the storm clouds that blew into your life.

Finally, you are NOT being depressing. You're being REAL. Some days life bites. Acknowledging that you're going thru a rough patch and looking for help is one of the strongest things you can do.

Please take care of yourself...and come back when you can when you wanna talk or vent or brag or say you had a rough day.
Vickie Chickie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2016, 02:30 PM   #216  

S/C/G: See Tracker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Candidcamster View Post
Thank you Cherrygarcia80 & VickieLou! Today February 13th, marks 2 years since I began my journey, I've had my ups and downs but as of late more downs than ups. I can't lie to you all, I've been binge eating for the past week, I believe non-stop, it has been a nightmare, while I believe pms played a role, I've also had the blues, and it has been overwhelming. Mentally I keep trying to keep my head above water, but I really feel like I need a group like overeaters anonymous or weight watchers or tops some kind of in person community for support and accountability. I'm scared of regaining every pound I've lost back, some of my formerly loose size 17 jeans are tight or snug, I really need help. If anyone knows of meetings for WW, OA or TOPS that meets in SW Houston/Sugarland area in the evenings, it would be appreciated because I'm at my wits end. Sorry to be depressing but I feel like I'm in a crisis situation.
Hi, Camster! I just wanted to reach out and let you know how inspired I've been reading your journey. Not because of the weight you've lost (which is great, btw!), but because you have stuck with this -- through good times AND bad. Do you know how many people just drop off the radar after weight gain? I'll cop to doing it! LOL I've been so impressed by your transparency and accountability and *that* is success!!! I know what it's like to binge eat, rapidly gain weight, and be stuck in that horrific cycle. It can *feel* soul-crushing. I also know, some of that feeling will and does clear up as the junk food and excess clears your system and you start to feel more stabilized. Maybe give yourself permission to just "be" at the weight you're at right now -- without bingeing, but without trying to lose weight. Treat yourself well (you deserve that!) with nourishing, healthful foods -- w/o worrying about calorie content. Doesn't have to be permanent, but for now, while you regain some traction. BTW, don't mean to sound "preachy" -- this just coming from someone who's been there, and that has helped me. Thank you for sharing your journey so honestly with us! We're cheering you on!
KrisM11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2016, 12:21 PM   #217  

Thank you so much for the replies, and support you have no idea how much it means to me! I don't know what I'd have done these past couple of years without this community.

I'm sorry for the delay in replying back. I was hoping to have some good news to reply back with, even though I over ate yesterday, I visited a Weight Watchers meeting on Monday and I'm planning to join. I could have joined yesterday, but didn't because the meeting was just about over when I arrived. I weighed in clothed before the meeting at 225, which means I weighed about 224, however at the meeting the lady had me stand on the scale and fully clothed, watered and fed lol, I came in at 230.2. Not good, but it felt good in a weird way to be on a professional scale and be under 290 lbs. For the first time in over 10 years. The last time I tried Weight Watchers I was something like 299.8 (for a day or 2 lol before slipping back into the 300's).

I will continue to fight, I must, but yeah it's been tough. There's so much I'd like to get into but I won't lie it is a pain typing on a cell phone keyboard, and autocorrect is a beast lol. Please know I'm grateful to you all, and special thanks for the replies. I plan to have some good news over the coming days ttys!
Old 02-18-2016, 03:18 AM   #218  

Hi everyone, this is my log for February 17th, 2016 -
Weigh in: 224.6 clothed (I'm about a lb. Less I'd imagine)

Calories for the day: 1,884 (I ate 4 apples today! I love fruit but that was kind of ridiculous, I think I was compensating for a lack of "sweets").

Exercise: nothing heavy duty, just some knee lifts and light dancing today.
Old 02-18-2016, 11:54 AM   #219  
Don't Give Up!

Smile

Joining a group is always helpful. I wish I could but my husband doesn't want me to spend the money. Candidcamster on having a Good Day!
Old 02-18-2016, 01:42 PM   #220  
Keto4life

S/C/G: 378/272/250

Height: 5' 0

Hey candidcamster, wishing you all the best on getting back on your journey. Afew years ago i lost 40 pounds and was ontop of the world, then I gained it all back and more and couldn't believe it. Just try and look inside yourself for the part of you that started on the journey and all the blood, sweat and tears that you've put into it. You have done such a phenomenal job and hope you keep going, glad to know your fighting it out. I have been where you are and know the struggle. I think it's great that you are looking for IRL group classes to attend, that's one thing I wish I had where I live but unfortunately not, so forums like these have really helped me stick to it, knowing that others are on similar journeys. *hugs* hun, wishing you all the best
cherrygarcia80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2016, 03:54 PM   #221  

Thank you VickieLou, I will say if you can find a TOPS meeting in your area it is not for profit (very inexpensive) unlike Weight Watchers. Their website (Tops) doesn't like me, especially on this slow cell phone so I kinda gave up for awhile and settled on WW.

Thank you so much CherryGarcia80, I'm doing better now that my monthly visitor has arrived, not as many food cravings as before. I just looked at your ticker Omigosh you've come so freakin' far!! That is beautiful, congratulations on your wonderful accomplishment! My highest was 350 but around 45 lbs. came off without dieting, just ditching sodas/sweetened drinks for water, and unconsciously cutting back on food. How did your journey start?
Old 02-18-2016, 04:35 PM   #222  
Keto4life

Quote:

Thank you so much CherryGarcia80, I'm doing better now that my monthly visitor has arrived, not as many food cravings as before. I just looked at your ticker Omigosh you've come so freakin' far!! That is beautiful, congratulations on your wonderful accomplishment! My highest was 350 but around 45 lbs. came off without dieting, just ditching sodas/sweetened drinks for water, and unconsciously cutting back on food. How did your journey start?
When i hit my highest weight of 378 I was just so depressed and feeling lost and alone. So about 1.5yrs ago (august 2014) i started my journey, by cutting out sugar, junk food, processed foods etc. And did so for a couple of months till i hit a 4 month stall that nearly broke me. Then I started reading about insulin resistance and how that can prevent some people from loosing weight due to sensitivity to carbs. So beginning of may last year I switched to a ketogenic diet (low carb high fat) and have stuck to it ever since and it has really worked positively for me and i'm really happy about that. At the end of the day I find that different methods work for different people and this is just what worked for *me*.

I may have lost 108 pounds but I have like another 150 pounds still to loose to get anywhere near a normal weight considering i'm short (5ft ). It's heart breaking when i think of just how far i let things go. I was so sad and so sick at my highest and just didn't know what to do. I'm really grateful to have come this far, but everyday i still hold on for dear life on the wagon because if i let go i could end up back at square one once again and that scares me more than anything.

I just take things one day at a time and tell myself that i need to eat right just for today, tomorrow can take care of itself and that approach has really helped me. At the beginning when i was looking at it as I have 250 pounds to loose it seemed like such a large mountain to climb. But the one day "today" approach really helped.

As you mentioned OA i figured i might add that at the very beginning (aug 14) for afew months I was on OA (a close friend told me about it). It finally seemed like the answer i had been searching for and for the first time in my life found acceptance and love instead of judgement. I had no physical meetings where i was so used the online/phone options to dial into meetings and just listening to everyones testimonials really helped and i knew i was home.

Afew months in i began to slack off on meetings and wasn't dialling in, then eventually i sortof dropped off of it altogether but kept the principle of following my higher power and have kept that as a forefront in my life since. Eventually i would want to go back to OA as i know and believe that i am a food addict and will be for life unless managed. I think for me what i was really longing for was physical meetings and so didn't stick to it as i should have. But when i do get back (when ready) will join even if still online/phone as that really really still helped me and set the ball rolling on this journey for me, not just of weightloss but of self acceptance and self love too (still have a long way to go on all fronts but one step at a time will get there). I would highly recommend OA to anyone who really and truely believes they are a food addict (even though i'm temporarily not on it, i do plan on getting back to it eventually).

Anyway, sorry for rambling on, that's more or less my story of how i started and got to where i am now.
Old 02-18-2016, 05:27 PM   #223  

Cherrygarcia80, thank you that is extraordinary! Please don't be daunted by the road you have yet to cover, especially you who have come so far already, you know you can and will do this. Just lean on your Higher Power, and as you said focus on today and let tomorrow take care of itself, I'm so proud of you and inspired by your story. You're a super strong person remember that. It's heartbreaking thinking of people who haven't started yet, we were that way at one time. I posted on another site to another lady who expressed her dissatisfaction with a friend who was struggling with her weight but wouldn't take her advice. I reminded her we were all there once, and could even be there again *shudders* so it is important to be empathetic, mindful, non-judgmental, and just commit ourselves to helping when the other person is ready.
Old 02-18-2016, 05:35 PM   #224  
Keto4life

Quote:
Cherrygarcia80, thank you that is extraordinary! Please don't be daunted by the road you have yet to cover, especially you who have come so far already, you know you can and will do this. Just lean on your Higher Power, and as you said focus on today and let tomorrow take care of itself, I'm so proud of you and inspired by your story. You're a super strong person remember that. It's heartbreaking thinking of people who haven't started yet, we were that way at one time. I posted on another site to another lady who expressed her dissatisfaction with a friend who was struggling with her weight but wouldn't take her advice. I reminded her we were all there once, and could even be there again *shudders* so it is important to be empathetic, mindful, non-judgmental, and just commit ourselves to helping when the other person is ready.
Thanks so much for the kind words and encouragement! Your story has also been such an amazing and motivating one for me as well. Let's just keep going girl, we can do this!
Old 02-19-2016, 01:35 AM   #225  

I'm definitely in it to win it, let's do it!

My log for February 18, 2016 -
Calories for the day: 1,758
Exercise: none, except a few knee lifts
Weigh in: 222.4 lbs nude
Fruit: 1 apple and 2 pears yum.