Old 09-29-2014, 02:19 PM   #1  

Default Is Anyone Familiar with Calorie Queens or Fat2Fit (Eucalorics)?

Is anyone familiar with the concept of Eucalorics? (eating your maintenance calories now while you lose weight). In other words if you want to weigh 140, you eat calories appropriate for 140 lbs. How you eat now is how you'll eat then. I like that concept of just making counting calories a lifestyle.

I have two books on the subject: Calorie Queens and Fat2Fit. I am trying this.
sheryljoyce53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2014, 03:17 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 204/114/120

Height: 5'

I am familiar but haven't tried it but believe it could work, I do something similiar.
bargoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2014, 04:08 PM   #3  

bargoo, I just saw your stats. Congratulations. AWESOME!!
Old 09-30-2014, 04:01 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 230

Height: 5' 2"

That's what I do. I didn't know it had a name. If I eat 1400 calories a week, I can lose 1 - 2 pounds. My goal weight will take 1400 calories to maintain. So I just figured I need to "make peace" with 1400 daily if I want to reach goal and stay there.
LowDown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2014, 08:53 AM   #5  

It just makes sense to me now that I've read about this concept. If you can, I really recommend the books I mentioned, especially Calorie Queens. I've finally found something I can live with and make a lifestyle instead of just another diet.
Old 10-01-2014, 09:09 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 129/127.5/112

Height: 5'0.5" (It matters!)

Quote:
Originally Posted by LowDown View Post
That's what I do. I didn't know it had a name. If I eat 1400 calories a week, I can lose 1 - 2 pounds. My goal weight will take 1400 calories to maintain. So I just figured I need to "make peace" with 1400 daily if I want to reach goal and stay there.
I don't see how this works :/

Do you mean 1400 would be you BMR? BMR is different to maintenance weight. If you're sedentary then your maintenance calories at your goal weight would be 1400(BMR) * 1.2 = 1680. If you're lightly active then your maintenance calories at your goal weight would be 1400 * 1.375 = 1925.

I understand if they're saying to eat at your goal BMR, as there'll definitely be a calorie depletion, but just know that when you get to your maintenance weight you'll need to eat more. And depending on how much you weigh now, you might be starving yourself a little more than necessary.
cantgetenoughchoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2014, 04:29 PM   #7  

I was thinking maybe lowdown is a very short person who doesn't need a lot of calories.

Personally, I am losing a pound a week on 1800 baseline calories. Like Weight Watchers, and like the Fat2Fit book talks about, I do not count calories in fresh fruit and low starch veggies.

I have finally found a way of eating I can live with. Sure it's slow, and I could probably lose a lot faster if I lowered my calories, but then I would feel deprived.

It will take approximately 1800 (baseline) calories for me to maintain 140 lbs. I know this from past experience.

It's nice to be able to actually eat well while you lose weight.

It's a shame this style of eating isn't more popular.
Old 10-08-2014, 09:30 PM   #8  
Up and at 'em...again!

S/C/G: 203.4/170.4/140.0

Height: 5'0"

Quote:
Originally Posted by sheryljoyce53 View Post
Personally, I am losing a pound a week on 1800 baseline calories.
When you say "baseline calories", do you mean net calories? I mean, do you eat any exercise calories you have, or....? Sorry, I may just be having a "duh" moment!
Snoofie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2014, 12:57 PM   #9  

I say baseline meaning I count to 1800 cals, but do not count calories for fresh fruit or low starch veggies. So I'm really getting more than my 1800 cals. I'm working off the principles of Weight Watchers and Fat2Fit who say you don't need to count them. They are "bonus" above the points/calories you are assigned.

For me personally, fruits and veggies weren't what got me fat. And they are so healthy. It's nice to have an eating plan that encourages them.
Old 10-10-2014, 03:46 PM   #10  
Up and at 'em...again!

S/C/G: 203.4/170.4/140.0

Height: 5'0"

I am very tempted to try this, but....to be honest, this calorie stuff confuses the **** out of me, and then when I look at how many calories it would take to maintain my goal weight (130) I just get bug-eyed because it seems like so *much*. Every calorie counter I look at online tells me I should be eating between 1500 and 1700 calories per day to maintain a weight of 130 pounds. That seems like so much. *L* I mean, logically I know it isn't, especially since according to my Fitbit, I usually burn anywhere from 2200-2500 calories a day.

I guess it's just a mental thing more than anything else; there's this little voice in my head saying, "You need to lose 30 pounds to get to 130, and there's no way you'll lose it by eating that many calories." I know that technically I should be able to, though.

Does that make any sense, or am I just rambling? *L*
Snoofie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2014, 01:46 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 296/273/190

Height: 5'10

It makes sense, because you'll lose faster at first and the weight loss will slow down as you approach your goal... but keep in mind, when you lose weight quickly, you will lose lean mass along with fat. This is especially true for women, since we don't have the testosterone levels to hold onto our lean mass as easily as men.

Losing some lean mass isn't necessarily bad. I plan to lose a bit because I have 140 lb of it and in order to get down below 200 lbs in a healthy way I'll need to lose a bit of lean along with my fat (otherwise my body fat percent would be in an unhealthy low range)... but if you lose too much lean mass it will be impossible to maintain your weight loss, because your body will need SO many fewer calories to maintain your weight.

My goal is to lose slowly (less than 1 lb per week - actually closer to 3 lb per month) so that I hold onto most of my lean mass and have an easier time maintaining once I reach my goal.
faiora is offline   Reply With Quote