Ecodrink.
TheSatinPumpkin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2014, 06:23 PM   #32  
Motorin'

Oranges and bananas
Cheese sticks
Yoplait Whips! (chocolate mousse) yogurt
Yoplait mountain berry yogurt

and one I just discovered, my new favorite...

Yoplait Apple Crisp yogurt (which says Limited edition, just my luck)
Zabela is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2014, 07:38 PM   #33  

S/C/G: 245/241.2/170

Height: 5'5

I love bananas, kale chips and roasted broccoli. I'll actually be making the broccoli tonight.
DivineDivina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2014, 02:12 AM   #34  

S/C/G: 244/234/135

Height: 5'6"

Tea! Especially dessert tea, like pumpkin spice black tea or masala chai. I sweeten with stevia and add a splash of soy milk to make it rich and decadent, and yet it's totally guilt free.

Jasmine green tea, rose white tea, etc. are also lovely for this purpose.
Horo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2014, 02:50 AM   #35  

S/C/G: 274/274/150

Height: 5'8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by CalCounter1003 View Post
Nonni's biscotti. I like the chocolate one for 110 but there are several flavors.
I love biscotti and love the ones you get on Diet Direct...15 calories, no fat, and 3 carbs but no fiber and only one gram of protein great with tea tho
kitwander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2014, 02:53 AM   #36  

S/C/G: 274/274/150

Height: 5'8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheSatinPumpkin View Post
Miracle Shirataki Noodles.
Ecodrink.
I have been wanting to try those noodles but the reviews always say they smell fishy and I do not eat seafood at all...have you noticed that? I know some say rinse them well but other reviews say even rinsed they smell. They are so expensive on amazon to just buy and not like.
kitwander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2014, 01:21 PM   #37  

S/C/G: 133.4/123.2/115

Quote:
Originally Posted by kitwander View Post
I have been wanting to try those noodles but the reviews always say they smell fishy and I do not eat seafood at all...have you noticed that? I know some say rinse them well but other reviews say even rinsed they smell. They are so expensive on amazon to just buy and not like.
Konjac root flour apparently smells fishy, which is why the noodles do - it's the main ingredient other than water.
They cost a little over $1 at any Asian market and are slightly more slimy than pasta.

I only use them the way I use ramen - in noodle bowls or in stir fry - both of which usually have some kind of fish or oyster sauce in them anyway! I don't think the flavor and texture lends well to any other dishes.

For an Italian pasta sub, I swear there is nothing better than zucchini noodles. Amazon sells a paderno spiralizer for around $30 and the zucchini noodles come out amazing (as do other vegetables).
Munchy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2014, 03:53 PM   #38  

I make Jello brand fat free, sugar free vanilla pudding. Add a package of cooked and drained Miracle Rice. Sprinkle in a little pumpkin spice. Set in refrigerator for at least an hour. The Miracle Rice has no taste but the texture of tapioca. You have a huge portion, 1/4 the total yield, of very good tapioca pudding for the calories of 1/2 cup of skim milk (45) and a serving of pudding (30), for a total of 75 calories. Miracle rice has no calories, just fiber.
Nan57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2014, 03:55 PM   #39  

If your nice miracle noodles or rice for several minutes in cold water they lose the fishy smell. In spiced and flavorful recipes they take on the flavor of the other ingredients. I love the texture and bulk.
Old 10-24-2014, 03:56 PM   #40  

Default Miracle noodles

Rinse well, sorry my autocorrect got me.
Old 10-24-2014, 09:26 PM   #41  

S/C/G: 296/273/190

Height: 5'10

Smoothies. I put 140g frozen mango chunks, 75g frozen raspberries, and 1 tsp of toasted coconut agave in the magic bullet, top up with water, and blend. Total 160 calories, not bad at all! And lots of fibre.

Since I'm doing whole foods I'll be switching to honey once I run out of agave. But it will be a while because this is about the only thing I use agave for. It's only necessary when I use raspberries because they can be pretty tart. If I made an all mango smoothie I would just put water in it.

I also get a tea from Marketspice (at Pike Place market in Seattle), called Cinnamon Orange (their signature tea). It's sweetened with orange oil and cinnamon oil, and tastes very rich and sweet without any milk or sugar (no calories!). I love it and have it in every variety it comes in (black/green/white/rooibos), but I don't drink it every day because I keep it as a special treat. Also because I either have to take a trip to Seattle or order online to get more. (if you look into it, I would recommend trying the black or rooibos first, as the green and white aren't quite as rich and desserty tasting)

Last edited by faiora; 10-24-2014 at 09:31 PM.
faiora is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2014, 09:33 PM   #42  

S/C/G: 296/273/190

Height: 5'10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Horo View Post
Tea! Especially dessert tea, like pumpkin spice black tea or masala chai. I sweeten with stevia and add a splash of soy milk to make it rich and decadent, and yet it's totally guilt free.

Jasmine green tea, rose white tea, etc. are also lovely for this purpose.
You would probably LOVE the cinnamon orange tea from Marketspice.
faiora is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2014, 11:22 PM   #43  

S/C/G: See ticker

Height: 5'5.5"

Default Sounds delicious

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nan57 View Post
I make Jello brand fat free, sugar free vanilla pudding. Add a package of cooked and drained Miracle Rice. Sprinkle in a little pumpkin spice. Set in refrigerator for at least an hour. The Miracle Rice has no taste but the texture of tapioca. You have a huge portion, 1/4 the total yield, of very good tapioca pudding for the calories of 1/2 cup of skim milk (45) and a serving of pudding (30), for a total of 75 calories. Miracle rice has no calories, just fiber.
I will have to try this --- sounds fantastic -- thank you. Anyone know if fat free sugar instant pudding can be made with plain unsweetened almond milk?
FitFatForty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2014, 01:08 AM   #44  
Mom jeans are cool,right?

Roasted pumpkin seeds

Dark chocolate covered anything in small quantities

Another vote for tea!

Hummus or guauc on toast or veg

Fruit, prunes
CoolMom75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2014, 03:19 AM   #45  

Quote:
Originally Posted by FitFatForty View Post
I will have to try this --- sounds fantastic -- thank you. Anyone know if fat free sugar instant pudding can be made with plain unsweetened almond milk?
don't quote me but i don't think so..i think it has to be milk
3fcuser291505109 is offline   Reply With Quote