I think I'm going to give up posting here

You're on Page 1 of 2
Go to
  • For a site that has on the front page something about the best weight loss support, I'm actually feeling pretty unsupported. I lost 10 lbs this week and not one person has even congratulated me. It was pretty scary posting the printouts of my starting weight and a week later but honestly right now I'm wondering why I bothered. I didn't expect anyone to reply instantly but later that day or the next I did think someone would reply.
    Do you all not like me because you think I'm eating too few calories ? Am I too boring? Is it because I'm on a different time zone to most ? Or do you just flat out not like me? It seems that way to me when I see people post and get 2 pages of replies and I can't get a single "well done" on a successful week.
    I guess it doesn't really matter. I highly doubt I'll be back and in fact I doubt anyone will even reply to this.
    Just so you know... I'm not giving up. I plan on losing my excess weight. I'll do it on my own with no support at all if I have to.
    Hope you all achieve your goal weights.
  • Hi Pink

I haven't seen your post reporting your loss. I don't think people are not supporting you because of the reasons you have mentioned. Its probably like me, they just haven't seen your post. I don't know really.

10 pounds is a lot in one week but i don't know what system you are following or how much you had to lose. If you were already quite slim and lost 10 pounds then i probably wouldn't be to congratulatory as i think that would be both or either unsafe and unsustainable.

I wish you well.
  • Hey, Pink, congratulations on the 10 lbs! I'm sure nobody is actively ignoring you - everyone has their own concerns and distractions. Might I suggest posting your loss on the mini-goals section, you'll definitely get some feedback there for your achievements!

Really, well done on making some positive changes in your life - that is awesome. Whether you continue to post here or not, good luck with all your endeavors!
  • It's very easy for posts to get lost on such a huge forum as this one -- don't take it personally. In my experience, the users here are the MOST supportive, and I dare to say make for the BEST support system. Might I suggest joining a sub-forum that is specific toward your age, weight range, or approach to weight loss? There are many threads that act almost as mini communities within, and I guarantee you will get your responses if you join one of those!

Oh, by the way, CONGRATS on your loss! 10lbs is a milestone!
  • Count me as one I didn't see yr post, and I just went now searching for it. One, you posted it on an older, original thread that doesn't have a very descriptive title.

Two, you don't even say how much weight you lost, but show a picture instead which shows up really small on my screen if I don't click on it.

Third, most of us are so clueless to kgs, and stones for measurements. Our darn antiquated American system is all most of us really understand.

So, no one was trying to ignore you. You just need to shout out more! Create a post that says - first week weigh in, or I wow! Big first week loss, etc. people are here to support you, but they will be more likely to see it if it isn't cryptic.

And. Congrats! That is a great start and I love the idea of having a print out to keep!
  • CONGRATULATIONS!!!!! Wow! I didn't see your post either. I'm interested to know how you did it. Calorie counting?
  • I haven't seen your post either. I haven't logged in for a couple of days, so I may have missed it. I would really like to see your print outs! I congratulate and envy you. 10 lbs! how did you manage that? I struggle with losing a pound a week and sometimes I go a few weeks bouncing the same couple of pounds around. I take a picture of the scales every time I reach my lowest weight. So it is dated and emailed to both me and my hubby! I think everyone has their own little method of keeping track of how they are reaching their goals. Good luck to you!
  • 10lbs!!! CONGRATULATIONS!!!

I am UK so opposite time zone to most. I tend to log in when the most of the forum is asleep, lol. And generally it will be very quiet all day so I know where you are coming from. I'm sorry if I missed your post, I takes me yanks to go through everything that has been posted during the 'night' while I've been sleeping and most of the forum has been up and active
    Off to find your post.....

• You did well! Keep it up! As said in some of the previous comments, all I can tell you is... POST IN THE RIGHT SECTION and you'll definitely get the feedback you want.

1 Not all of us go the calorie counters, and we don't all browse the forum the same way.

2 You had a great idea uploading pics of your weigh in print out but since we all come here with our worries, problems, expectations, occupations, etc you'll make it easy for us if you just mention the figure of what you lost...in the mini goals section. YOUR THREAD updates can be comments from you/ comments from other members/ new print outs so I doubt anyone's gonna be chasing your thread to check if something new/interesting has been added...

3 I doubt anyone intentionally ignores YOU. We all support each other. But let's make it easy for ourselves.

And once again, congrats
  • Like the others I also didn't see your posts. !0 pounds in a week though, that just doesn't sound very healthy. How exactly were you able to achieve such rapid weight loss. I'd be wiling to bet that the reason more people didn't support you is that, I believe, they didn't believe that losing 10 pounds in one week sounds very healthy.

It would be nice if you came back though and filled us all in on how you did it. If you found a healthy way to lose 10 pounds in a week, I know I'd like to know how to do it.
  • Quote: Like the others I also didn't see your posts. !0 pounds in a week though, that just doesn't sound very healthy. How exactly were you able to achieve such rapid weight loss. I'd be wiling to bet that the reason more people didn't support you is that, I believe, they didn't believe that losing 10 pounds in one week sounds very healthy.

It would be nice if you came back though and filled us all in on how you did it. If you found a healthy way to lose 10 pounds in a week, I know I'd like to know how to do it.
    Many times the first week can be a HUGE Whoosh. And, if you look at her OP where she weighed herself, she is starting from a very high weight. 10 pounds was probably achieved just fine.
  • Pink, first, congratulations! 10 pounds is awesome!

Second, I think I remember seeing your posts and the printout was in kg and stones. At the time I just didn't want to do the conversion and didn't know what to say because I had no clue how much it was. Am I thinking of the right posts? I'm sorry you've felt unsupported, but I hope you give this place another shot. I know how helpful it has been to me.
  • Count me in as another person who didn't see your post. I hope you'll give this place another chance and maybe post in a more visible place. I guess this place is a bit like real estate...it's all about location, location, location. Congrats on your progress!
  • Awesome job!!! Keep going. You are well on your way!!!
  • Thanks all. I took a few days break as I was feeling a bit hormonal and stressed and I was surprised by time of the month a few days later. I did start from a very high weight loss and the first week is probably mostly water weight but it does help. I started walking a lot last week which helped. I haven't starved myself. I just ate my calorie limit of 1640 set by mfp. I've enjoyed it so far and have tried some nice recipes. I eat a lot of fruit and veg. I'll continue posting my weight printouts and will mention how many pounds it is as well.