3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Calorie Counters (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/calorie-counters-172/)
-   -   So. To keep me accountable.... My weight .,, (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/calorie-counters/296060-so-keep-me-accountable-my-weight.html)

PinkPowerRanger71 05-21-2014 05:36 AM

So. To keep me accountable.... My weight .,,

1 Attachment(s)
I am going to weigh weekly on the machine in town and then
Upload the printout. Can't cheat that way. So here's my very first weigh in.

CalCounter1003 05-21-2014 06:13 AM

I'm not sure what this machine is? Wondering if there are any around me.

PinkPowerRanger71 05-21-2014 06:41 AM

It's in my local chemist. It gives you weight and height and bmi and there's an option for body fat too but that costs 70p rather than 50p. ( I'm in the UK )

Atalanta83 05-21-2014 11:15 PM

That is very brave of you. Well done. I did something similar when I decided to commit to this wave of change - I posted a photo of my home scales on my instagram, for all of my friends to see. It said I was 166kg.
What made me do that?
It came out of a conversation with my best friend, which consisted of me in tears and a sobbing mess after reading the scales for the first time in five years. She said "...this time is different, you are owning it. You are admitting to yourself that things are *that bad* and doing something about it. You wouldn't have gotten on those scales if you hadn't. You wouldn't be dieting if you weren't. You're owning it and you're making a real change".
After that conversation, I decided that if I really wanted to 'own' my weight and commit to making a change, I had to admit the numbers were real. To me, that included admitting to them publically. All of my friends are thin and fit and wonderfully supportive, but they don't understand what it is like to be the fat girl. I was overwhelmed by the number of comments telling me how brave I am and how proud they are that I am doing something about it. Then, when I posted again last weekend, to show the 7kgs I had lost in the week, the comments came again. I know that if I post an increase, they will just be more supportive and help me change to lose it again.
I think what you are doing is great.

PinkPowerRanger71 05-22-2014 11:54 AM

Thank you Atalanta83.You're lucky to have supportive friends.I don't have anyone other than facebook friends.Nobody in real life.
7kg in a week is amazing-well done!!We're similar heights and similar weights so we can support each other too.
One of my main problems is I have 5 children at home(and 1 at uni) and am a single parent so never get a break to concentrate on me.I think I eat for pleasure a lot-because I get no me-time.That needs to stop.
It'll be interesting to see how the weight goes on real food as the diets I've done for the last however many years have been vlcd's.I lost weight really quickly the first 2 times but the last time I tried it came off so slowly it discouraged me.
I knew if I didn't post a physical proof of my weight I would be tempted to give up.This will be like going to a slimming club but online LOL

PinkPowerRanger71 05-28-2014 11:40 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Week 1 weigh in this morning and I'm very happy :)

PinkPowerRanger71 05-28-2014 11:41 AM

It also made me .3 inches taller which is weird. Mind you I used to be 5ft7...

Lilbert 05-30-2014 03:53 AM

Congratulations!!! :D that's awesome! :carrot:

PinkPowerRanger71 06-04-2014 05:35 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Another good week. 4lbs lost :). The machine makes me a different height rah time though. Lol.

CalCounter1003 06-04-2014 06:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PinkPowerRanger71 (Post 5016838)
Another good week. 4lbs lost :). The machine makes me a different height rah time though. Lol.

Great four in one week is a lot!
That's strange on height.

PinkPowerRanger71 06-04-2014 08:56 AM

Apologies for the spelling mistakes-I was posting from my phone.It's obviously meant to say "each time" lol.
I asked a lady in the chemist about the machine and the height difference and she said it measures the eye height so if I was looking slightly higher or lower that would be why it's slightly different.

Shannonsnail 06-04-2014 09:15 AM

You're doing great! Love the printout idea! We don't have those here!

Cattails 06-05-2014 06:42 PM

:bravo:

Streudel 06-05-2014 07:13 PM

Fantastic job! :D :bravo:

CalCounter1003 06-06-2014 06:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PinkPowerRanger71 (Post 5016942)
Apologies for the spelling mistakes-I was posting from my phone.It's obviously meant to say "each time" lol.
I asked a lady in the chemist about the machine and the height difference and she said it measures the eye height so if I was looking slightly higher or lower that would be why it's slightly different.

Wow that's interesting that it measures at eyes! But if someone has a really big forehead then it would be a lower height than it should be. But I guess we don't worry about fat from eyes up. ;)