3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Calorie Counters (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/calorie-counters-172/)
-   -   Introductions 2014 and On... (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/calorie-counters/294214-introductions-2014-a.html)

Terra1984 03-28-2014 08:13 PM

Introductions 2014 and On...

I made a new Introductions thread cause the one was closed and the other one was only until 2013 and even though it wasnt closed I didnt know if I would post in that thread

Screen Name: Terra1984

Age/Age Range: 29 (I turn 30 in Oct.)

Family Life: Committed to my boyfriend of going on 3 years

Hobbies and Interests: Emailing, Watching t.v/movies,Listening to music,Singing Karaoke,Dining Out

Favorite Music: All kinds but Classical and Opera

Favorite Color(s): Black and White (zebra colors) and Purple

Favorite Exercise/Workouts: Walking

What are your fitness/health goals? Just to get to my goal weight

What was the "trigger" or incident that made you decide it was time to lose weight and become more fit? Im close to getting diabetes

What do you struggle with the most on this journey to health? Honestly nothing anymore, At first I struggled with my portions and not wanting to walk but now those arent a problem for me anymore

What are three things in the area of diet/exercise you need to improve? Same as above

(Evil motivation ) Who do you want to look better than? : I dont know

What can you not wait to wear when you are at goal weight or size? I just want to be able to get into my jeans without the zipper breaking

Pattience 03-28-2014 08:53 PM

Nice questions so i'm in.

Screen Name: Pattience

Age/Age Range: 50

Family Life: Single

Occupation: Just starting a cottage sewing business for extra cash

Hobbies and Interests: choir, picking up rubbish lol on the beach, volunteering at local community centre, my garden, lots of other things that i'm not actively engaged in right.

Favorite Music: All kinds. Our choir does classical and gospel.

Favorite Color(s): none

Favorite Exercise/Workouts: running, cycle touring, yoga which i don't do, walking which i do a little bit, gardening which i do but not enough.

What are your fitness/health goals? Get to goal weight slowly and keep it off forever!!!!! Be fitter eventually.

What was the "trigger" or incident that made you decide it was time to lose weight and become more fit? Self disgust with my size and appearance.

What do you struggle with the most on this journey to health? Handling stress i think. But all is well right now.

What are three things in the area of diet/exercise you need to improve? Persistence and maintenance.

(Evil motivation ) Who do you want to look better than? : My sister LOL! But that's not possible. My only possible advantage is that i think i can dress better than her.

What can you not wait to wear when you are at goal weight or size? Oh dear, i misread the question and now i've had to edit it. I thought it said what can you not wait to HEAR!. Anyway last night i found a pair of trousers that i have never worn that i look forward to being able to wear. I was overweight when i bought them and was on a diet that never got going.

emily2585 04-07-2014 04:26 PM

Screen Name: Emily2585

Age/Age Range: 29

Family Life: I am getting married this year to my boyfriend of almost 10yrs and i have a bunch of fur kids! 4 ferrets and 1 cat.

Hobbies and Interests: Hanging out with friends, catching up on my trashy reality TV, reading, cooking.

Favorite Music: Rock and some rap

Favorite Color(s): anything neon

Favorite Exercise/Workouts: Walking

What are your fitness/health goals? Working towards my goal weight. I want to also look fabulous in my wedding dress

What was the "trigger" or incident that made you decide it was time to lose weight and become more fit? I saw the scale creeping up and i felt i couldnt fit into any cute clothes.

What do you struggle with the most on this journey to health? Working out.

What are three things in the area of diet/exercise you need to improve? WORKING OUT! Im awful at sticking to it. Other than that I do pretty well now.

(Evil motivation ) Who do you want to look better than? : I want to look better than my fat self, obviously.

What can you not wait to wear when you are at goal weight or size? Swimsuit. I wore them before, but i wanna rock a swimsuit with confidence.

Paisleymama 04-08-2014 12:18 AM

Screen Name: Paisleymama
Age/Age Range: 29
Family Life: Husband and 2 small children
Hobbies and Interests: Photography, travel, baking, crafty DIY things
Favorite Music: A bit of everything
Favorite Color(s): Turquoise
Favorite Exercise/Workouts: Cardio of any kind
What are your fitness/health goals? Healthy BMI
What was the "trigger" or incident that made you decide it was time to lose weight and become more fit? I weighed in and the scale said I was 20lbs heavier than I thought I was.
What do you struggle with the most on this journey to health? Boredom and impatience
What are three things in the area of diet/exercise you need to improve? Exercise
(Evil motivation ) Who do you want to look better than? : Nobody in particular, I just want to look healthy
What can you not wait to wear when you are at goal weight or size? Shorts

atlast 04-08-2014 06:52 AM

Screen Name: atlast
Age/Age Range: 30
Family Life: Husband and 1 son
Hobbies and Interests: Music, walking and gadgets
Favorite Music: Everything and anything.
Favorite Color(s): Red
Favorite Exercise/Workouts: walking/hiking
What are your fitness/health goals? Size 14 uk dress
What was the "trigger" or incident that made you decide it was time to lose weight and become more fit? I've had enough of being 30 and feeling 60. No nice clothes no self esteem no day where I'm not in pain or uncomfortable.
What do you struggle with the most on this journey to health? Impatience and when I mess up the binge eating that could ensue.
What are three things in the area of diet/exercise you need to improve? Exercise and bingeing/craving.
(Evil motivation Who do you want to look better than? : a person who bullied me in school. Sk
What can you not wait to wear when you are at goal weight or size? Skinny jeans and boots

BettyBooty 04-10-2014 02:23 PM

Screen Name: BettyBooty

Age/Age Range: 40 (birthday was in January)

Family Life: Husband, a 3-year old son, and a 1 year old son

Hobbies and Interests: Cooking, jewelry making, arts & crafts, playing with the boys (tag-you're-it is very popular right now)

Favorite Music: Alternative/Grunge and classic rock

Favorite Color(s): Red and Black

Favorite Exercise/Workouts: Running with my dogs

What are your fitness/health goals? would love to get down to a size 8; want to be able to run 5 miles without stopping (can do about 2.5 now)

What was the "trigger" or incident that made you decide it was time to lose weight and become more fit? Running out of breath when playing with my older son

What do you struggle with the most on this journey to health? WINE. I want too much, too often.

What are three things in the area of diet/exercise you need to improve? Not doing too badly except for days when I have WINE (sense a pattern here?). I get lots of fruit and veggies, and watching portion size, and run at least 3 but try for 4 times per week.

(Evil motivation ) Who do you want to look better than? : ??? Catherine Zeta-Jones (well, not better than, but as good as)

What can you not wait to wear when you are at goal weight or size? A bikini.

Candidcamster 04-10-2014 04:07 PM

Screen Name: CandidCamster

Age/Age Range: 31

Family Life: Don't ask! lol j/k I live w/my mom & younger brother :P, oh and no boyfriend (no problem :P)

Occupation: Very small business/starting community college in the fall/2014

Hobbies and Interests: Words with Friends *hint,hint*, dancing, reading, talking (a lot), shopping, etc.

Favorite Music: Oldies from the 60's, 70's, 80's and 90's (rock 'n roll and r&b) I am also mad about Britney Spears & Mariah Carey :D.

Favorite Color(s): grey, pink, black and white.

Favorite Exercise/Workouts: Walking & Dancing.

What are your fitness/health goals? To beat diabetes, pcos, reach 150 lbs. (once I get close to goal this may change, but for right now that is my ideal weight)

What was the "trigger" or incident that made you decide it was time to lose weight and become more fit? During this cold winter my feet were experiencing some tingling and numbness (a possible sign of diabetes) and something about that shocked me into reality. This terrible condition can strike anyone, but I happen to have a lot of risk factors. So that is the biggest reason behind my change. I have not yet been diagnosed with the condition.

What do you struggle with the most on this journey to health? Yo-yoing, I am committed to change, I've lost some weight but as soon as I get close to my initial goal (of weighing 290 lbs.) something throws me off track, either by my actions or those of my body. I am still trying to find the ideal meal plan & fitting time in for exercise.

What are three things in the area of diet/exercise you need to improve? Variety (I lack this), portion control (I've gotten much better, but I still need help) and exercise (I have only walked a handful of times since I've been on my journey, nearly 2 months)

(Evil motivation ) Who do you want to look better than? : Me, now. lol I think I'm an attractive fat chick :D, but I am sure I will look even better as a small one.

What can you not wait to wear when you are at goal weight or size? I love my clothes now (shoutouts to Torrid & Kohl's juniors plus line) but when I see a cute top, skirt, dress or whatever as a plus-size person, I better jump on it because it will probably sell out in my size. However if you're small, these cute clothes are in abundance, and much cheaper. In my wardrobe I have a dress, jumper, jeans and a top that are all too small for me, but may fit in about 50-75 lbs. I look forward to wearing those!

B0bbette 04-11-2014 12:21 AM

Screen Name: B0bbette

Age/Age Range: 34

Family Life: Wonderful "tween" son and a wide assortment of pets!

Hobbies and Interests: reading, building things, cooking

Favorite Music: rock and punk

Favorite Color(s): orange

I don't know much about weight loss but I think calorie counting may be the way to go, so here's some stuff about me-

Favorite Exercise/Workouts: what is that?! Lol, formerly running

What are your fitness/health goals? To be strong again and finally lose this "baby weight"

What was the "trigger" or incident that made you decide it was time to lose weight and become more fit? I weigh more than when I was 9 months pregnant

What do you struggle with the most on this journey to health? Starting it

What are three things in the area of diet/exercise you need to improve? I need to exercise, period, I've got a Pepsi addiction and I think its going to be hard to feed my super-picky son and still keep on track

(Evil motivation ) Who do you want to look better than? : My sister, mwahahaha :devil:

What can you not wait to wear when you are at goal weight or size? My awesome pants from 13 years ago, hahaha, ya for some reason I still have them!

Munchy 04-11-2014 10:47 AM

Screen Name: Munchy
Age/Age Range: 32
Family Life: Life partner, six year old daughter
Hobbies and Interests: Cooking, karaoke, music, reading
Favorite Music: Neosoul and hip hop
Favorite Color(s): Black
Favorite Exercise/Workouts: Weight training
What are your fitness/health goals? Lose ten lbs...it's complete vanity.
What was the "trigger" or incident that made you decide it was time to lose weight and become more fit? I get the "trigger" moment every year as it gets warmer. I lost the 10lbs once (10 years ago), kept it off for over a year, then have struggled to lose it ever since.
What do you struggle with the most on this journey to health? Feeling like I work very hard to get little in return. I've been fighting this battle for over 20 years - will I ever be happy where I am?
What are three things in the area of diet/exercise you need to improve? Forgiving myself if I need a day off at the gym or if I drink a glass of champagne.
(Evil motivation ) Who do you want to look better than? : I want to look better than I did in college. Fat chance, but I didn't accept myself even as a teeny little thing...maybe this time will be different.
What can you not wait to wear when you are at goal weight or size? Casual summer wear...I don't even know what I like because I spent my entire life wearing long sleeves and pants in the blistering heat!

tab23 04-11-2014 03:07 PM

Screen Name: tab23

Age/Age Range: 48

Family Life: married, two daughters

Hobbies and Interests: reading, hanging out with friends, running around to a million kid events.

Favorite Exercise/Workouts: none- that's my problem! I walk on my treadmill or on a walking path near my house, ride a bike on the path sometimes

What are your fitness/health goals? I would LOVE to be able to run a
5K with my daughters!

What was the "trigger" or incident that made you decide it was time to lose weight and become more fit? buying clothes with my daughter the other night and realizing I would NEVER be able to by an attractive piece of clothing again if I didn't get off my ***.....seriously.

What do you struggle with the most on this journey to health? Obsessive eating, unrealistic expectations

What are three things in the area of diet/exercise you need to improve? I NEED TO EXERCISE

(Evil motivation ) Who do you want to look better than? : let me think.....I would like to look better than this real mean mom at my daughter's school!

What can you not wait to wear when you are at goal weight or size? My favorite black dress, simple, classic and still looks pristine since I haven't worn it since I was single :-)

Dottington 04-11-2014 03:57 PM

Screen Name: Dottington

Age/Age Range: 26

Family Life: Have a serious boyfriend

Hobbies and Interests: hiking, reading, writing, music, art

Favorite Music: to play:Rachmaninoff, Prokofiev, Schubert, Brahms, Ravel, Beethoven, MacDowell. to listen: classical, indie/pop

Favorite Color(s): Saphire Blue

Favorite Exercise/Workouts: Hiking

What are your fitness/health goals? Increase hiking speed, increase backpacking speed.

What was the "trigger" or incident that made you decide it was time to lose weight and become more fit? Scale reaching 200 and a lot of awful Facebook pictures :p

What do you struggle with the most on this journey to health? Its been different things as I've lost the weight, currently my last big downfall is very specific intense cravings that when not satisfied lead to binging. Also overeating when I'm nervous/ stressed which always seems to happen right before and after concerts.

What are three things in the area of diet/exercise you need to improve? Probably lowering my calories more, I've recently had to lower them after a 3 month stall. Aiming for 1400 net now and hoping that will be low enough, otherwise will have to drop further….I love exercise, its just a matter of time bc of my work/school/practice schedule. I want to try and get more in. I really could be better about the weekends.

(Evil motivation ) Who do you want to look better than? My sister. I love her and we actually look fairly alike except she's currently 15-20lbs less then me, an inch taller then me and she's a MODEL. I hate how people compare us and would just like to be the same size as her.

What can you not wait to wear when you are at goal weight or size? Crop tops all day every day! lol I wear them now occasionally, but always feel a little awkward. Shorts too, I feel like my legs look huge in shorts and really want to feel comfortable in them :p

straightahead 04-13-2014 12:04 PM

Screen Name: Straightahead

Age/Age Range: 33

Family Life: Single

Hobbies and Interests: Reading, yoga, nutrition, television (reality shows and drama)

Favorite Music: Pop, rock

Favorite Color(s): Purple, blue-green

Favorite Exercise/Workouts: Yoga, zumba, learning to run. I do work out a lot on machines (ellipical, arc, expresso bike) too

What are your fitness/health goals? Get and stay under the 30 BMI mark and get ride of the extra weight I carry in my waist. Run a 5k comfortably

What was the "trigger" or incident that made you decide it was time to lose weight and become more fit? Pain and infections that made me worry about getting metabolic syndrome

What do you struggle with the most on this journey to health? Emotional eating

What are three things in the area of diet/exercise you need to improve? Portion size, motivation to lift weights, limit sweets

(Evil motivation ) Who do you want to look better than? : No one.... I look better than I did 40 pounds ago, and I know I can look better than I look at my current weight if I was a bit lighter

What can you not wait to wear when you are at goal weight or size? Right now I avoid swimming... I want to be able to wear a swimsuit in public.

5678go 05-02-2014 10:43 AM

I'm new here so I would love to answer these questions!

Screen Name: 5678go

Age/Age Range: 40's

Family Life: married over 25 years and have two girls

Hobbies and Interests: scrapbooking, I'm a dance mom to my girls

Favorite Music: top 40's

Favorite Color(s): Orange and red

Favorite Exercise/Workouts: Biking

What are your fitness/health goals? To maintain healthy eating and feeling better about myself.

What was the "trigger" or incident that made you decide it was time to lose weight and become more fit? At a dance competition I got shaky and dizzy and had to ask for help. Scared me to death!

What do you struggle with the most on this journey to health? Right now, how slow the weight is coming off.

What are three things in the area of diet/exercise you need to improve? 1. exercise more. 2. eat more veggies 3. stay focused

(Evil motivation ) Who do you want to look better than? : My friend

What can you not wait to wear when you are at goal weight or size? Its not clothing, its fitting into chairs or small spaces at dance competitions.

Snoofie 05-02-2014 02:12 PM

Screen Name: Snoofie

Age/Age Range: 33 (34 in 20 days!)

Family Life: Single and perfectly happy with that *L*

Hobbies and Interests: Reading, writing, mindless computer games (I'm looking at you, Candy Crush Saga!), music

Favorite Music: Pretty much anything except opera

Favorite Color(s): Pink and red

Favorite Exercise/Workouts: Walking. I also have a thing for the elliptical. *L*

What are your fitness/health goals? To get to my goal weight (erm, again) and be able to run 5K a couple times a week

What was the "trigger" or incident that made you decide it was time to lose weight and become more fit? I became pre-diabetic. I'm not anymore, but I've regained 20 pounds and I feel like I'm right back at my highest weight. Weird, right?

What do you struggle with the most on this journey to health? I find it really, really difficult to stay away from my favourite "junk food" (which is weird because I didn't really find it that difficult when I first lost all my weight)

What are three things in the area of diet/exercise you need to improve? I need to increase my intake of vegetables and fruit. And I need to stop coming up with excuses for why I "can't" go to the gym.

(Evil motivation ) Who do you want to look better than? : Myself when I was in high school. *L*

What can you not wait to wear when you are at goal weight or size? I haven't worn a bathing suit since I was, like, six. That would be fabulous.

Jane 05-27-2014 10:34 AM

Terra, if you would like this thread to be visible to newcomers, you can ask your moderator, or an administrator, to Sticky it for you. :)

Sassyinkpen 05-29-2014 11:47 AM

Screen Name: Sassyinkpen

Age/Age Range: 45 in July

Family Life:
Very happily married, son in the army, daughter graduating high school this year, two cats (which is very much like having toddlers again)

Occupation: Bookkeeper (Hubby and I own a sign shop for which I do the books, but we're looking to get out) Also - administrative assistant at another job

Hobbies and Interests:
reading, writing, crochet, digital art, kayaking (low-key), sewing

Favorite Music: Classic rock, oldies, inde, alternative

Favorite Color(s): Purples, pinks, greens - lately liking tiffany blue

Favorite Exercise/Workouts: Video fitness! I love kickboxing, weight lifting, fusion workouts, some barre, and classic FIRM style workouts with some weights, some cardio, some floorwork.

What are your fitness/health goals? That's complicated. I want to lose weight and feel good - I'm thinking 175 would be good to shoot for right now. But my biggest goal is to just stick with healthy eating and working out regardless of losing weight or not.

What was the "trigger" or incident that made you decide it was time to lose weight and become more fit? I've been on-again/off-again for years, and it's not really any one trigger really. I guess recently I started feeling like I'm running out of time, and then I had a realization that there was only one way this was going to work for me, so somehow that makes it easier.

What do you struggle with the most on this journey to health? Right now, it's mostly the fear that this will go like all the other times. I tend to love sweets and that's usually a struggle for me, but hasn't been since I started this. We'll see how I do with that when November rolls around. And wine - I like wine a lot.

What are three things in the area of diet/exercise you need to improve?
More veggies. I'm learning though! Learning how to deal when I start feeling resentful about all this. Better control when eating out/drinking with friends

(Evil motivation ) Who do you want to look better than?
: No one really - maybe I want to look better than how I think people see me. OR - I'd love my reality to match the internal view of myself.

What can you not wait to wear when you are at goal weight or size? Boots, high heel shoes, stylish clothes. I want to go shopping in the mall and find things that fit me in MOST of the stores, rather than TWO of the stores.

Aldergrove BC 06-03-2014 01:09 PM

Screen Name: Aldergrove BC

Age/Age Range: 30

Family Life:
No kids yet. Boyfriend of 10 years. Dog and Cat.

Hobbies and Interests:
Outdoors activities with the boyfriend and dog like trail walks, camping, hanging out with family and friends.

Favorite Music: All kinds

Favorite Color(s): Black & Pink, Baby Blue, I like Yellow. ALL. ;)

Favorite Exercise/Workouts:
Swimming is my all time fav! But I've recently gone blone and am afraid I'll go green in chlorine lol So right now lot's of walks with the pooch :)

What are your fitness/health goals?
Right now my Fitness goal is to be able to stay on the Treadclimber I recently purchased for 30 mins straight. Up to 10 mins right now.

What was the "trigger" or incident that made you decide it was time to lose weight and become more fit?
Just feeling uncomfortable in my own skin everyday.I just want to throw anything on in the morning and feel good, not worry about covering certain areas that I think look fat etc.

What do you struggle with the most on this journey to health?
I just really like to eat, I over eat all the time, so I really need to learn that when I am full I need to stop eating. I don't always need seconds.

What are three things in the area of diet/exercise you need to improve?
1. Stop overeating when full.
2. Being more organized with bringing a lunch to work, grocery shopping etc.
3. Making a plan (like going on my Treadclimber 3 x this week) and sticking to it.

(Evil motivation ) Who do you want to look better than?
Myself right now.

What can you not wait to wear when you are at goal weight or size?
Skinny Jeans with a tight white tank top, and not worry about my muffin top :)

tehshort1 06-11-2014 06:26 PM

Screen Name: tehshort1
Age/Age Range: 27
Family Life: Wife and 4 month old son
Hobbies and Interests: crochet, tarot reading, playing with my son
Favorite Music: eclectic mix, godsmack, enya, flogging molly, etc
Favorite Color(s): blue
Favorite Exercise/Workouts: walking - clears my head
What are your fitness/health goals? Healthy BMI
What was the "trigger" or incident that made you decide it was time to lose weight and become more fit? Lost 80 pounds then got pregnant and have gained most of it back.
What do you struggle with the most on this journey to health? With an infant and a fulltime job - mostly having the time to plan and exercise. fast food is just too darn easy!
What are three things in the area of diet/exercise you need to improve? 1. eating home cooked food. 2. portion control. 3. actually having time to exercise
(Evil motivation ) Who do you want to look better than? : No one. I simply want to look better than I do now. I want to feel comfortable in a bikini
What can you not wait to wear when you are at goal weight or size? bikini

KayMayWill 06-11-2014 06:53 PM

Screen Name: KayMayWill

Age/Age Range: 26

Family Life: Married 5 years to my best friend. :D

Occupation: DH is an over the road truck driver and I go with him.

Hobbies and Interests: Reading, camping, cooking (and eating:o), painting.

Favorite Music: Lots and lots of different kinds.

Favorite Color(s): Purple!

Favorite Exercise/Workouts: Walking? Lol I hate exercise!

What are your fitness/health goals? Get to my goal weight! There's something about 130...its like the unicorn of numbers for me.

What was the "trigger" or incident that made you decide it was time to lose weight and become more fit? I've started and stopped this same journey several times, and have always lost 10-30 lbs and then gained it all back plus some. I'm just fed up with it, I'm sick of feeling like crap, and I want my life back.

What do you struggle with the most on this journey to health?. Binging. And not giving up.

What are three things in the area of diet/exercise you need to improve? More exercise, binges, getting discouraged.

(Evil motivation ) Who do you want to look better than? Ha!!! Um..every female in my family? Mostly my cousins, we have a lifelong "who's thinner" battle.

What can you not wait to wear when you are at goal weight or size? Maxi dresses! I love them, but feel like they look like muu muus on me.

hannahbeanies 06-29-2014 02:41 AM

I loved reading all of your profiles! It is nice to get to know some of the faces around here. :)

Screen Name: Hannahbeanies

Age/Age Range: 23

Family Life: Committed & Cohabiting

Occupation: I am a file clerk at my local courthouse, but I am also a graduate student and graduate assistant

Hobbies and Interests: Animal rescue groups, Alley Cat Allies, volunteering and supporting my local farmer's co-op, reading (all the time), tutoring (which I am not active at the moment but would love to get back into it), activism

Favorite Music: Alternative, rock, classic rock

Favorite Color(s): Pink

Favorite Exercise/Workouts: I love the elliptical machine ( I actually want to invest in one), Leslie Sansone videos, yoga, and walking is my primary form of transportation :^:

What are your fitness/health goals? Reach a healthy BMI, lower my blood pressure

What was the "trigger" or incident that made you decide it was time to lose weight and become more fit? Having really really high blood pressure at the doctor's. I have been hypertensive for a while, but for some reason the number just got too high for my comfort and it scared me. I decided that I didn't need to be perfect to lose weight, so I just started recording my calories then.

What do you struggle with the most on this journey to health? Emotional eating, sticking to it and not giving up, perfectionism

What are three things in the area of diet/exercise you need to improve? Need more veggies, eat more whole foods, too many sweets

(Evil motivation ) Who do you want to look better than? Hm. Well, my undergraduate degree is in dietetics (GASP! Yes I am a hypocrite :p) so in a completely vain way I want to be comparable to my peers.

What can you not wait to wear when you are at goal weight or size? Hm. I don't really care about clothes...but I guess a bikini?