Daily Check In: How many calories today?

You're on Page 9 of 35
Go to
  • So far, so good... I woke up hungry today for the first time ever - I am never hungry in the morning and never eat breakfast - so I'm hoping that's a sign that I'm eating better and burning calories!

382/1200 so far today. I'm re-planning dinner right now, but because I accidentally fell asleep late this morning, I missed lunch (and my planned 30 minutes of cardio, whoops), I'm trying to come up with something more substantial than what I originally planned. Maybe steamed shrimp & a salad.
  • Quote: I eat strictly 1000 calories a day.. no more no less.. so I stayed within my range!
    I have got "myfitnesspal" going here, a FREE app you can use on your smart phones. According to my goal weight--140 lbs. I can't eat over 1290 calories a day--of course more if I go to my Jazzercise class.

I love this app--it tells it all--and it's always right in front of you to know where you're at.

I've only got 4 pounds to go!! but I plan on using this app for the rest of my life, because I never wants those pounds sneaking up on me again!
  • Quote: So far, so good... I woke up hungry today for the first time ever - I am never hungry in the morning and never eat breakfast - so I'm hoping that's a sign that I'm eating better and burning calories!

382/1200 so far today. I'm re-planning dinner right now, but because I accidentally fell asleep late this morning, I missed lunch (and my planned 30 minutes of cardio, whoops), I'm trying to come up with something more substantial than what I originally planned. Maybe steamed shrimp & a salad.

That's a very good sign when you wake up hungry. It means you're on your way to weight loss. What comes next you'll actually start to feel that fat melting off of your thighs and buttocks--when you lay in bed--and that is a really a cool feeling.
  • Quote: That's a very good sign when you wake up hungry. It means you're on your way to weight loss. What comes next you'll actually start to feel that fat melting off of your thighs and buttocks--when you lay in bed--and that is a really a cool feeling.
    Counting down the days until I can actually feel (and see!) SOME results!

So my near-final count for the day is 903/1200. I'm hungry again (though not OMG I NEED to eat hungry) and I planned on having a ~150 cal snack, but... I hopped on the scale, expecting it to go up a little since it always does after I eat dinner, and instead, it went down: 184.2. I know I didn't randomly lose 2.4 pounds in the course of six hours, but it's definitely motivating
  • Came in at 1430 calories today. No exercise though as I woke up late, had a doctor's appt and then had to get back home to finish my online class work for the week. :/ I have another doctor's appt tomorrow, then another appt to go to as well, but I plan on going to the gym afterwards to hit the weights.
  • Yesterday's calories: 1980 / Exercise calories: ~380

I counted my calories after I had prepared my lunch. I was so hungry after my first day back to work that I decided to do it afterwards. Little did I know that I had gone over but not by that much since I ended up having about 1600 NET calories. I thought about upping my calories on workdays to 1600 anyways.

Have a great Thursday everyone!
  • I've been lazy with working out this week, so I'm making a point to catch up today. So far, 295/1200 and 45 minutes of cardio (and at least another 45 to go). We have tickets to a baseball game tomorrow, so I'm worried I'll lose track of my calories... and play dates on Saturday & Sunday, so I have to work out early this weekend to make it all fit!
  • I had a killer workout today at the gym. Full body weight lifting. I feel amazing. I weighed myself this morning and came in at 185!!! Heck yeah!!!! I know I'm doing something right here and it's so great.

DH and I are going out for dinner tonight. If I can find calorie counts for my meal I'll tally for the day, otherwise I'm not too worried about it just for tonight.
  • I'm suppose to eat 1425 to reach 130 pounds by October 12, 2014. 1756 is my calorie count today! Hopefully I can get a run in!
  • Hope you got that run in ParLib!

I was able to enjoy myself for dinner at Bdubs tonight with DH. Back to strict counting tomorrow. We'll be going home for a visit to our parents. I know we'll be getting pizza tomorrow night, but I'm going to skip that for a jr. salad from the pizza place. THey are sooo good and filling. I've already got it tallied at 390 for the salad. The dressing is so good, but is a whopping 420 calories! I know, INSANE. Total of 810 cals for that meal, leaving me 590 for the rest of the day. That is totally doable for me.

I probably won't be posting over the weeked, so look for me again on Monday.
  • Yesterday's calories: 1597 + 1 hour of an afternoon walk on the trail by the water with DH. Didn't check how many calories I burned doing that.

FleurDeLis - HOLY COW, 420 calories for the dressing alone?? Well at least it was delicious! I'm glad you were able to squeeze them in. Have fun at your parents'!
  • Monday 1013/1500
    Tuesday 1614/1500
    Wednesday 1324/1500
    Thursday 1443/1500

So I usually eat fewer calories during the week and bank them for the weekend, but I've come close this week and even gone over one day. I've kind of been fretting about using up all my calories too early this week because I'm going out of town today-Sunday (so eating out at every meal.)

Today also marks 7 weeks alcohol & soda free! I was in a bad mood yesterday and really wanted to crack a bottle of wine open and planned to do so tonight once I got to my destination, but I stepped on the scale and got an awesome birthday present...2.4 pounds down!! I haven't seen this weight since 2009. It might have given me the motivation to go a little longer.

I'm 37 years old today, my trainer always creates "birthday workouts" using the numbers of your age/birth date. Today's workout was:

7 single leg ring squat with single arm bicep curl
    7 single leg ring squat with single arm bicep curl (other side)
    19 woman-maker snatch (kind of a joke, he calls them man makers and the females complain about it...it's a burpee with a weight and you add a snatch)
    5 cyclone lunge with press and oblique touchdown
    For 2 rounds
    (7 & 7 is for 77, year of my birth...19 for the 19 part of the 1977, 5 for May, and 2 for the day)

Then the second part of the workout was
    20(0) meters weighted walking lunges with bicep curl
    14(0) push press wall ball
    37 burpees
    (20 & 14 for the current year...he added the 0 to be mean! 2014, 37 for my age)

Do it all for a time. I completed it in 28 minute and burned approx 400 calories. I plan on doing it again at the 9am class!
  • Calories on Friday: 1735 / exercise calories ~380
    Calories yesterday: 1886 / exercise calories ~380

This seems to be working for me lately, so I'll stick with it for now.

1bighog - Happy belated birthday!!! What an awesome birthday gift you got for yourself, ha! Keep up the great work!
  • Hey all,
    Sorry again for the big gap between posts. Just going up and down the same 5lbs at the moment between 177-172. Hoping to get to a new low this week.
    Xx
  • Yesterday's calories: 1535

NewKate2014 - Hellau