Closed Thread

Old 04-07-2014, 02:02 PM   #61  

S/C/G: 156/133/130

Height: 5'2"

Good calorie counts for Saturday and Sunday and I am down 2 of the 3 lbs I gained last week. Some of it had to be water weight, I suspect. Getting back to healthy eating and exercise this week

Paisleymama and seemyfeet - I think you both are doing really good We all have to remember that the weight didn't come on overnight and it won't be coming off overnight. Besides, losing slower is better in the long run for keeping it off permanently so keep up the good work
Old 04-07-2014, 05:39 PM   #62  

S/C/G: 208.6/183.8/140

Height: 5'4"

Hi all! I'd like to join in here. I've found I do the best when I have people to help keep me accountable.

Sounds like everyone is doing so great with the weight loss!

My calorie goal is 1650, and I eat back some of my exercise calories as well, depending on how hungry I am. So far today I'm at 1048, so that leaves me with 602 for dinner and whatever I eat back from Zumba tonight.
Old 04-07-2014, 08:51 PM   #63  

S/C/G: 156/133/130

Height: 5'2"

Welcome rlb1987

1250/1250. Bet I can't do that again 30 minutes weights. I had a good day

Hope everyone had a great (low calorie) day!

Last edited by abbyin; 04-08-2014 at 06:51 AM.
Old 04-07-2014, 11:52 PM   #64  
NewB'day:27Jun16

S/C/G: 233.4/231.2/199

Height: 5ft 3in

greetings dlb! Ugh! I have GOT to get more exercise!

Around 1100cals...left my flash drive at work...this old laptop is acting wonky and I'm afraid I might lose data soon....note to self: more exercise and fix the laptop...and the sinks....and the bench outside...and the....you get the point
Old 04-08-2014, 12:10 AM   #65  

S/C/G: 228/*ticker*/150

Height: 5'8

Still doing the same dance over here. Up 3lb this morning in water weight.
Every weekend we have a movie night with the kids. I have salted popcorn like crazy. I'm under my sodium goals all week so it throws me off. I have no plans on giving up the popcorn because I look forward to it all freaking week! So, in short, I love the popcorn, hate the gain. Should be off again by thursday.

1100 cals & some change for yesterday.

Seemyfeet - I wouldn't say we're that far off on weight, really! If I'm lucky I'm getting 1lb a week. IF. Weight loss as slowed dramatically due to temps over 100f and feeling sluggish. I don't want to get sweatier :\
abbyin - You're doing great! Hope that last lb disappears quickly.
rlb1987 - Hi and welcome
Old 04-08-2014, 12:18 AM   #66  

Ha Paisley! You're getting up and I'm (hopefully) going to bed! Let me know what surprises Tuesday has for me!
Old 04-08-2014, 08:01 AM   #67  

Monday 1218/1500

I did end up lowering my goal from 1600 to 1500. Although I stayed within range yesterday, I snacked more than I should have/needed. When I work evenings (straight through dinner time) it is hard for me not to be snacky. I thought I prepared myself by having some soup before going in, but I caved in around 6pm and had some chips, which is something I normally wouldn't eat, but they were right there in front of me, almost taunting me.

On a good note, it seems like the calorie zig-zagging might be good for me; I'm down another pound to make it 6 pounds total in 2.5 weeks.
Old 04-09-2014, 09:13 PM   #68  

Height: 5'7"

Hey everybody! Lots of loss here!
Maintenance is going well, although like I said it's not that different than losing. I have been increasing calories to around 1800-1900. Well I thought. I was but I just looked at MFP to see what the actual numbers are and I noticed the last three Fridays I was only 1200 or so. But that's because of Lent. Then yesterday I was 1450. I know it seems weird that it is hard to get the calories in but it is, unless I want to have a snickers or something. I am being pretty cautious though for fear of gaining. My weight has fluctuated from 144-148 since I reached goal. This summer I will be away from home about five weeks so I know that will be a challenge. Going to a wedding in NY and then my DD got an internship in California so going to visit her for about a month. We subleased an apt (well it was from airbnb.com which we have used many times) so since she has the whole apt and I'm off school I'm going to visit!

Keep plugging away everyone, it will be worth it no matter how long it takes. I feel so much better and it is actually fun to go into my closet now, although I do need more clothes that fit! But that will have to happen over time.

Also, let me get my plug in for walking. It makes such a difference if you can get some walking in! You don't even have to sweat, just walk a few miles a day and it will help. I'm doing three a day still with my Sansone DVDs plus I'm planking!
Old 04-09-2014, 11:58 PM   #69  

S/C/G: 228/*ticker*/150

Height: 5'8

The sodium bloat is gone so hopefully I see a loss tomorrow. It takes SO LONG to get out of my system. Plus I've been super lazy and eating subway for dinner. Same cals for yesterday.

seemyfeet - How'd yesterday go?
1bighog - Great work! I zigzag a little, not much but enough that I can make up some of my low cal days on the weekend. It hasn't hindered or helped weight loss (aside from water retention) so I'm sticking with it.
Calcounter - Glad maintenance is going well, I guess it will take a while to adjust to higher cals.
Old 04-11-2014, 01:23 PM   #70  

I hardly have enough time online to reply to specific people, but I do read all the posts and think of you guys!

Tuesday 1148/1500
Wednesday 1262/1500
Thursday 1082/1500

Something I learned about myself this week. I have always known I am an "all or nothing" person. Either I'm fully committed or I don't do it at all. This week, I even saw it in my eating habits. We're always told, there's not much wrong with indulging an occasional craving; just keep it to a small serving. No, I cannot eat 1-2 cookies; I need a sleeve. I can't have a mini piece of chocolate; I need a couple of handfuls. I can't have A rice krispy treat, I need 1/2 a pan. Etc, etc. It's best for me if I don't even take a bite.

So the positive ways my "all or nothing" personality has affected my calorie counting:
I don't quit workouts, no matter how hard they are.
I haven't had a drop of alcohol in 28 days and while I've been thinking about it A LOT the past couple of days, it hasn't been hard for me at all (I am going to hold out until my birthday in 3 weeks.)
I have been committed to drinking 10 glasses of water a day, I drink between 10-15.

My daughter has a dance competition tonight that will keep us out really late. I will pack us a healthy snack and lots of water, but we will be eating out tonight, probably just fast food somewhere. I've already picked some lower calorie options for myself depending on where we end up!

ETA: Another eating situation I had earlier in the week...my husband made one of our family favorite recipes, chicken macaroni casserole. I had already had the recipe entered into MFP and the last time I ate it, I had 2 cups. I was working the night he made it so he brought me some and I asked for 2 cups. Oh my gosh, it was such a HUGE serving! I can't believe I willingly ate that much. I could have been done at 1 cup, but because it was already in my dish, I ate the whole thing (all or nothing personality) and had a stomachache the rest of the night.

I got through my busy weekend unscathed!

Friday 1286/1500 despite eating out
Saturday approx 1264/1500 even after enjoying dessert at a baby shower (and I got sick that night, too!)

Down 2 lbs this week! Looking forward to everyone's updates!

Last edited by 1bighog; 04-13-2014 at 10:51 AM.
Old 04-13-2014, 09:07 PM   #71  

S/C/G: 232/172/160

Height: 5"11

Hello! I am going to join your group, I need some accountability. I started back today after gaining back 70 pounds of the 83 pounds I lost three years ago graduate school and a divorce helped me along the way. My goal is 1500 calories a day.

Question: Do you guys eat back your calories?
Old 04-13-2014, 10:36 PM   #72  

H'lo k15g15! You did it once (soo impressed!) and you can do it again!

me....meh.....or rather...ugh!...I'm not doing so well these days. These past 2 weeks have been stressful and hectic with lots of long hours at work, and I feel like I've lost focus. I haven't been overeating or even consuming things on my off limits list, but most of my work activities involve sitting or standing in one place for long periods of time. So I'm retaining fluid and (tmi coming)....well, let's just say I'm full of it (again). So...I've been gaining weight steadily over the past two weeks. So scared.

Well 800cals today. 960 yesterday. Weekly average 1100.
Old 04-15-2014, 09:23 PM   #73  

S/C/G: 232/172/160

Height: 5"11

Thanks SeeMyFeet!!

I had 1280 calories yesterday and 1510 today. I trying to keep myself super positive!! It all can come off again!!
Old 04-16-2014, 12:07 AM   #74  

Hey all....slowing down around here.....

482 cals yesterday and 980 today. Feeling fat and flabby. Guess it's affecting my appetite.
Old 04-17-2014, 11:11 PM   #75  

Height: 5'7"

Yes it is slowing down here! I know NewKate is on break. My spring break started today! It was so great sleeping in and getting stuff done around the house! I did have to teach at the college tonight but not getting up at 4:30 was awesome!

Maintenance is still going well. Tomorrow is eight weeks since I hit goal. Like I said earlier if you want to maintain the loss, apparently it is not that different from the losing phase. I am realizing I can eat different things, and just eat less of them. I'm still using MFP to track everything and I'm still doing my walking six days a week. I have been focusing on getting my arms in shape. I actually wore a sleeveless shirt last weekend, this is the first time in YEARS! I tried on bathing suits, that didn't go as well as I had hoped, lol. I guess one day I'll work on legs, but it's all good. But I'm feeling very blessed to be where I am and am reading everything I can about maintaining.

Keep with it everyone. Remember with calorie counting there is no "blowing your diet"! You just maybe ate too much, but you get right back on it, even on the same day and you still will have a deficit at the end of the week. You surely didn't eat enough to actually gain a pound, if the scale goes up it's just temporary! Stick with it and it will come off.

Last edited by CalCounter1003; 04-17-2014 at 11:12 PM.
Closed Thread