3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Calorie Counters (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/calorie-counters-172/)
-   -   Daily Check In: How many calories today? (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/calorie-counters/294003-daily-check-how-many-calories-today.html)

Liz46 07-21-2014 02:51 PM

WTG Y'all! Love the upbeat attitudes! I stayed within my range of 1350. Ate a total of 1345 yesterday. Upping my maximum boundary to 1500, anyway. I have days when I feel like I need a little extra, so allowing myself that much. May lower my boundary again later, as I get closer to my goal weight.

Keep on rolling everyone!

cheddahcat 07-21-2014 02:55 PM

1170 today. A little under but Saturday I was over. First time since starting. Usually run 1000-1200. :)

FleurDeLis 07-21-2014 06:42 PM

Hi everyone, I'm back. I gave low carb a try and it didn't work for me. I'm back to calorie counting and doing intense cardio.

My plan is to have a goal of 2000 cals a day and then a goal of burning 500 cals through exercise to get to 1500 cals per day. If I'm not hungry, then I won't force myself to eat all 2000 calories. For instance, today I'm at 1321 calories and pretty full. I'll probably have some sort of snack, just to up the number a little higher.

I think in the past I was eating too few calories and then exercising on top of that. It works for some people, but didn't work for me. So I'm going to start with the typical recommended number of calories.

Also I weighed in at 179lbs today! Woop!

skinnyki 07-23-2014 06:28 AM

Hello all. I am back. Haven't been eating well for over 5-6 months. Decided today is the day to go back to healthy. Calorie counting worked well for me I got a little discouraged last time I think I hit a plateau. Now I am back and determined to keep on going. Adding exercise and eating health and accountability. My goal for right now is 1800 calories. Scales broken so I am not sure how much I actually weigh. So 1800 calories. Some forms of exercise daily. No fast food. Drink at least the 8 cups of water daily and take my vitamins daily. Daily post of calories and track all foods in my food diary. Whew! Seems easy enough right?! Well here I go!!

Liz46 07-23-2014 12:39 PM

Hi Skinnyki! I'm back from being away for a while, too! Welcome back! It sounds like you have a good plan! We can do this! :)

I did awful yesterday, woke up knowing it was going to be a hard day, so I decided to take a day "off". I woke up this morning, renewing my mind that when the going gets tough, I need to get tougher! So I'm back at it this morning. I am allowing myself "up to" 2000 calories per day, for those times when I really struggle (you ladies know what times I mean). Otherwise, I'm going to try to remain around 1300 to 1500, give or take some. So, restarting today!

skinnyki 07-23-2014 10:50 PM

Hi LIZ46. thank you

Did OK it was a struggle but i manage 1971 calories higher than my goal of 1800 but i manage to get veggies in and fruit and my water so i will take it!

SeeMyFeet 07-24-2014 11:27 AM

Another lost lamb re-joining the flock! I just cannot deal with my work load during the 1st half of the year AND weight loss. Good news is....my period of side-track-ed-ness was much shorter this year....bad news is...I gained :( BUT I'M NOT MOVING MY TICKER!!! It will be motivating to chase it and regain lost ground.

Wow...lots of news around here...break-ups and shake-ups....Hope you all are sailing through life's storms safely and in good company.

Calories for the week have been steadily decreasing...1834...1514...1398...and 1027 yesterday. Veggies and salads.

....AND.....drum roll.....I finished Week 1 of C25K!! woot woot! I had planned on starting a running regime when I reached a certain weight, but I did not plan on it taking so long. I need the extra help to lose. Getting more weight off my knees will be a great motivator.

So! :cheers: Here's to a skinnier rest-of-the-summer! (Have a sip for me...I've sworn off the liq donuts.)

Liz46 07-24-2014 12:09 PM

Skinniki, I think you're doing great with your cals! I was just under your number with 1837. I thought about another late night snack, but forced myself to just say no. Sure wasn't easy. ;)

SeeMyFeet, What a cute name you have! I love your idea of chasing the ticker. What a motivator!

Here's to a great day for all of us! Let's all stay in our boundaries today! We can do this thing. One baby step at a time!

SeeMyFeet 07-25-2014 10:58 AM

1120 cals yesterday. Ready for a hot summer day of weight loss!!
Happy Friday, all!!!

opheliag 07-25-2014 10:40 PM

I went over today by 14 calories so 1614 for the final count. I cannot keep candy bars around at all. Once I start eating them, it is just so hard for me to quit.

FleurDeLis 07-26-2014 11:59 AM

Had a celebratory day yesterday. Last day at my job so had a party and then had some wine last night.

Getting back on track today though with grits and coffee for breakfast at 120 cals.

SeeMyFeet 07-26-2014 05:47 PM

Not so great for me yesterday, either. And I meant to run last night, but did not. It was a get-ahead day, so no biggie, but I must get back out tonight. Average weekly cals around 1400--no wonder I'm not losing!

Last day, Fleur! I cannot imagine! Actually, some days I do imagine....quite vividly....leaving work and never going back!

FleurDeLis 07-26-2014 08:41 PM

Finished the day at 1618 calories today. :) Back on track!

Hey SeeMyFeet! I meant to go to the gym yesterday AND today and didn't make it. Hopefully I can get in there tomorrow!

Candidcamster 07-27-2014 02:53 AM

Hey everyone, rough day for me. Started out ok, and ended on a very sour note of binge-eating. I know it's just one day, but it sucks being out of control especially with such a long journey ahead of me. It seems like nearly every week whether planned or not I have that one bad day, sometimes more than 1, and as my weight drops I know those days will cost me more and more vs. when I was heavier and my body could handle more calorie splurges. I am slowly getting into exercise a little which is good.
My current goals for 2014 are -
265 lbs. by Labor Day (per the weight loss challenge I am participating in *see signature)
257 lbs. by October 14 (my b-day gift to myself <3 )
240 lbs. by December 31, 2014
and above all, to be healthier, which I believe I am on my way, but not there yet. Tomorrow is a fresh start, and I will eat cleaner tomorrow. Today I had around 3500 calories or so out of 1720 (my calorie allotment on MFP) .

skinnyki 07-27-2014 10:14 AM

Goal for today 1800 determined to make it! Hope everyone has a great day!